Dillashaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I just had spinal fusion surgery.

I am ten days post surgery and obviously not ready to start lifting again. But I would like to here from other lifters who have undegone the same thing.

I had a herniated disc between c6-7. It was the worst two weeks of my life as the disc was on the nerve controlling my left arm. The thought of someone having to live with that kind of pain in parts of the world without surgical intervention (and Lortab) readily available lets me understand just how lucky I am.

Anyway, any advise on what limitations to put on myself? How long before I start back?

I had just started a heavy lifting program when it blew so I have no interest in trying to bench double body weight or go to extremes, I just want to stay in shape and not lose everything I worked 20 years to build.

gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gimpy835 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had my L5-S1 fused last feb, best advice i can give you is dont push it. I had a few appointments with my PT person and was released to go back to the gym after about 3-4 months post op. started out really really easy and havebeen working my way up. I have a good bit of nerve damage from my injury and im muscle relaxers, pain meds still every day. Had a few bouts where i did too much and would be out for a few weeks to a month. Here lately Im beginning to notice my gains the most visually. Would def talk to your doctor or PT guy about a good workout program to get into so you can get back in shape. Was told by mine not to put a lot of weight or stress on my spine so I cannot do deadlifts, squats etc, but at the same time Ive talked to a few people on here who are going on about normal after having multiple levels fused. Everyone is going to heal differently but just go at it slow and do over do it because you will regret it if you do!