Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100)

Name good known cereals to eat while cutting...

GoLean is a good one... What else?

Cheerios?

dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    oatmeal

tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsave31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fiber One

Shredded Wheat

All-Bran

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Uncle sam
    Shreded wheat
    cherrios
    Fiber 1

and if you practice moderation any cereal! remember you are supposed to be in negative cals so one meal throughout the week or after a workout of sugary cereal will not hurt.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just about any boxed cereal will not provide you with optimum nutritional value for your calories. That said, they're quite convenient. I've used both Cheerios and Special K consistently with success. Absolute best thing for me to eat? Nah. Good enough for where I'm at + worth the convenience? Yes, for me. Everyone is different. Once I get down to <12% I might have to revise my statement.

Steel-cut oatmeal, on the other hand, is one of the healthiest foods you can eat.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tommy Jeffers ate cheerios multiple times a day during contest prep..thats optimal enough for me.

So long as its not loaded with sugar, you are probably fine.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Isn't it best to eat Cheerios post-workout only?

ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    cutting an cereal....lol...in the same sentence too.....

solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100) solid_intensity is not very well liked. (-100)
    You're in the red, and what the hell is problem with cereal and a cut, i'm not talking about eating fruit loops.

ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProGoal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by solid_intensity View Post
    You're in the red, and what the hell is problem with cereal and a cut, i'm not talking about eating fruit loops.
    I'm in the red for speaking the truth and there is one dude on here who doesnt like me....tis all...I'm not neg. toward people just the truth...

I am a bodybuildier and I compete....if I told my trainer I was eating cereal or better yet drinking milk, I'd be cut off.....it's processed **** and doesnt belong in a cutting diet...now if it's just to lose a few lbs, sure, go with the 100% organic or whole grain...but cutting for me, means 1 carb meal a day, or 20g at bfast and 20 pw....

Well hi, I'm a regular person. So I'll stick to regular healthy foods.

tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonymachado123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    best stuff ever
    Attached Images

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wouldn't eat any cereal while cutting considering how unfilling and calorie dense it is.

Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Shredded Wheat, oatmeal, anything bran.

Other than that it's usually over-processed so stick with the above, you could probably get away with some sugary cereal PWO so long as it fits into your macros though.
    Blue jays/Spartans/Colts

MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MossyOak89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ProGoal View Post
    I'm in the red for speaking the truth and there is one dude on here who doesnt like me....tis all...I'm not neg. toward people just the truth...

I am a bodybuildier and I compete....if I told my trainer I was eating cereal or better yet drinking milk, I'd be cut off.....it's processed **** and doesnt belong in a cutting diet...now if it's just to lose a few lbs, sure, go with the 100% organic or whole grain...but cutting for me, means 1 carb meal a day, or 20g at bfast and 20 pw....
    So you're a bodybuilder and you/your trainer dont advise drinking milk???? orrrrr eating carbs?? (hence your 1 meal with carbs a day??) Uhhhhh doesn't sound too much like a bodybuilder to me and definately shouldn't be giving out nutritional advise. You need carbs for energy to even freakin get up in the morning. Cheerios are a great cereal.....one of the better of them actually. You should get your advise about nutrition on these forums with caution man cause some people just dish out some crazy a** stuff. (Again....no milk?? no carbs???)
    Height: 6'0
    Weight: 150
    Body Fat: 16%

"When you're as good as I am, It's hard to be Humble."
    -Muhammed Ali-

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    I wouldn't eat any cereal while cutting considering how unfilling and calorie dense it is.
    x2 on that

My Choices would be:
    Ezekiel
    Go-Lean
    All-Bran
    Fiber 1

Originally Posted by MossyOak89 View Post
    So you're a bodybuilder and you/your trainer dont advise drinking milk???? orrrrr eating carbs?? (hence your 1 meal with carbs a day??) Uhhhhh doesn't sound too much like a bodybuilder to me and definately shouldn't be giving out nutritional advise. You need carbs for energy to even freakin get up in the morning. Cheerios are a great cereal.....one of the better of them actually. You should get your advise about nutrition on these forums with caution man cause some people just dish out some crazy a** stuff. (Again....no milk?? no carbs???)
    LOL...youve obviously never been 5 weeks out from a top show.....check your literature before you open up.

PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimetimeNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tonymachado123 View Post
    best stuff ever
    not best ever but very good indeed.

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    Tommy Jeffers ate cheerios multiple times a day during contest prep..thats optimal enough for me.

So long as its not loaded with sugar, you are probably fine.
    Exactly...if it fits into your macros, you are good to go. any kind of bran cereal is fine - especially if you are using a carbohydrate based approach like I was. I was drinking skim milk all the way up to the final week. There are a lot of myths surrounding certain foods and what to eat/not eat for contest prep. Most of that information is handed down from "contest prep gurus" that make dieting and prepping seem like it's extremely complicated. Each individual will react to certain foods in different ways, but for the most part (generally speaking), if you are sticking to your macros and making those tiny little adjustments every week like you should be, then you can get shredded eating a lot more than you think

And for those that believe milk makes you bloat/smooth, I was drinking skim milk+bran cereal both pre and post workout (even cardio) and this was about 4 weeks out:

Again, we all will react slightly different to certain foods, but it's more about the macros and adjustments than anything else.

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by angelgarcia View Post
    Isn't it best to eat Cheerios post-workout only?
    Doesn't matter if your macros are in check and you are on top of your small weekly adjustments like you should be

It also depends on your dieting approach as well though...so keep that in mind. If you are on a low carb diet (which I hardly ever recommend), then you post workout would be the place to start with the carbs - followed by breakfast

Sporto

Originally Posted by ProGoal View Post
    LOL...youve obviously never been 5 weeks out from a top show.....check your literature before you open up.
    It all depends on the dieting approach. Cereal, milk and the like may not be for you on a contest prep cut, but there isn't anything wrong with it at all - especially if using a carbohydrate based approach.

And, there's a lot of literature suggesting otherwise, which is why MANY top natural pros use these foods as well as a carbohydrate based approach...and a few of them I happen to know really well win and place top 3 every single year. So again, it may not be for you, but there are a lot of us that love our cereal and skim milk

Sporto

Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ezekiel FTW!
    The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on

sciamachy: fighting with a shadow or an imaginary enemy; a mock contest; an imaginary or futile combat.

androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) androyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're just cutting in general, but not for a show, what about Grape Nuts?
    Be humble or be humbled.

Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    special k with strawberries

raisin bran crunch

go lean crunch

any sugary cereal like fruit loops, frosted flakes, cinnamon toast crunch ect...

if you are cutting you need to have some joy in your diet. I eat 3 cups of sugary cereal a day and loose fat fine. In a calorie deficit the GI and insulin response of food seems irrelevant to me even though it isnt the most filling.

MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MossyOak89 View Post
    This is how a great number of people diet. There is a VERY well known prep guy I know who doesnt let his guys drink milk, on OR off season.

Originally Posted by MedicineWheel View Post
    This is how a great number of people diet. There is a VERY well known prep guy I know who doesnt let his guys drink milk, on OR off season.
    Which is fine. However, there are VERY well known prep guys that do allow milk...even right up to the final week - and their clients win overalls at top level shows as well. It all depends on the dieting approach and host of other variables.

Bottom line is this: You need to pick an approach, give yourself plenty of time to get shredded, and stick with it while making the necessary adjustments along the way (adding cardio, cutting cals, etc). Doing that makes a lot of the debates on here moot.

Sporto

Registered User NamesAreHardToPick's Avatar
    NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sporto1633 View Post
    Which is fine. However, there are VERY well known prep guys that do allow milk...even right up to the final week - and their clients win overalls at top level shows as well. It all depends on the dieting approach and host of other variables.

Bottom line is this: You need to pick an approach, give yourself plenty of time to get shredded, and stick with it while making the necessary adjustments along the way (adding cardio, cutting cals, etc). Doing that makes a lot of the debates on here moot.

Sporto
    Couldn't agree more. Milk can be a wonderful substance; awesome physique by the way.

As far as cereal goes, I am a huge fan of high fiber cereals. I alternate between them and Scottish oatmeal for my pre-workout meals and have still seen excellent results. Diversity of food - as I see it - is one of the keys to keep you happy and sane which will make you more likely to stick to your cutting plan and not go out and cheat. You'll see results quicker that way and still be quite satisfied with your meals.
    "Fi mutationem vis videre." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

http://www.thedailyplate.com/users/profile/namesarehardtopick/

Originally Posted by MedicineWheel View Post
    THANKS....kids seem to think they know it all.....it takes a long ass time to know what works....props

I like milk, but it makes me bloat as much as creatine does, so I stay away.

Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    protein crunch. they sell it at starns shop rite.

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per 1 serving
    Calories 170
    Calories from Fat 18

% Daily Value *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total Fat 2g 3%

Total Carbohydrate 26g 9%

Dietary Fiber 10g 40%

Protein 14g 28%
    **disclaimer** the above is only opinion. it contains no capitalization, too much punctuation and (most likely) includes spelling errors.