Goranga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sheiko routine - would like suggestions for replacing squat and DL

Hi everyone

I'm planning on starting a beginner's Sheiko Routine in a few week's time. I've noticed that the program is based on the bech, squat and deadlift. Now, my main concern is improving my bench RM and I find the squat and deadlift to be extremely exhausting for the entire body (I'm a sissy - I know). Therefore, I've been searching for alternative exercises that will hit the same, primary, musclegroup without causing too much fatigue on the overall body.

Here's what I thought would do the trick: replace the squat with Leg ext. and leg curl and replace the deadlift with hyperextension. Any opinions?

SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I feel I would be doing you a disservice if I told you anything but... MAN UP AND SQUAT!
    Last edited by SoaringSwine; 07-24-2008 at 02:55 AM.
    My PL training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115903511

LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SoaringSwine View Post
    I feel I would be doing you a disservice if I told you any but... MAN UP AND SQUAT!
    And deadlift.
    793 deadlift @ 231 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8k57L5fvPk

S&C Coach/ Rugby Coach GregNuthurst's Avatar
    GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This thread belongs in the misc!

As mentioned, squats and deads are pretty handy replacement exercises.
    http://www.rugbycoaching.org

markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SoaringSwine View Post
    I feel I would be doing you a disservice if I told you any but... MAN UP AND SQUAT!
    This
    "The hardest part in lifting, is NOT to lift..." - Me

First meet results:
    Squat 140kg (+15kg PR)
    Bench 130kg (+10kg PR)
    Deadlift 185kg (+25kg PR)

Second meet results:
    Squat 175kg (+5kg PR)
    Bench 140kg (= PR)
    Deadlift 210kg (+5kg PR)

db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Goranga View Post
    Any opinions?
    Harden up

I drop vagina panties. Wintermule's Avatar
    Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi everyone

I'm planning on starting a beginner's Sheiko Routine in a few week's time. I've noticed that the program is based on the bech, squat and deadlift. Now, my main concern is improving my bench RM and I find the squat and deadlift to be extremely exhausting for the entire body (I'm a sissy - I know). Therefore, I've been searching for alternative exercises that will hit the same, primary, musclegroup without causing too much fatigue on the overall body.

Here's what I thought would do the trick: replace the squat with Leg ext. and leg curl and replace the deadlift with hyperextension. Any opinions?
    What the ****. How about you slap yourself in the face a few times. That's what I've started doing before I do my compounds since my bench and squat are pissing me off.

Why not just bench and curl?
    Last edited by Wintermule; 07-24-2008 at 03:11 AM.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108859061

**EHUDD IS MY E-HUS** (no homo)

Originally Posted by Wintermule View Post
    What the ****. How about you slap yourself in the face a few times. That's what I've started doing before I do my compounds since my bench and squat are pissing me off.

Why not just bench and curl?
    I don't know man... I work out alone and with the squat and deadlift I've injured myself so many times due to fatigue leading to poor technique. I want to improve my bench first...

Let's put it this way: will excluding the squat and deadlift hamper my bench results?

markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know man... I work out alone and with the squat and deadlift I've injured myself so many times due to fatigue leading to poor technique. I want to improve my bench first...

Let's put it this way: will excluding the squat and deadlift hamper my bench results?
    Hey I work out alone as well. Just take the weights slow and build up slow. If possible get videos of your form and post them for critique. Most people here will offer good advice.

Good luck

First meet results:
    Squat 140kg (+15kg PR)
    Bench 130kg (+10kg PR)

Second meet results:
    Squat 175kg (+5kg PR)
    Bench 140kg (= PR)
    Deadlift 210kg (+5kg PR)

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the whole purpose of sheiko is saying "nothing will make you better at X besides doing X" so by sheiko purposes if all you want to do is improve your bench, just bench
    771/645/622 Single Ply

SFW and grow a beard Blarnee_92's Avatar
    Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000) Blarnee_92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, if you want to get a higher bench than sticking to this program would be your best bet. But seriously dude man the fuk up.
    **New Jersey Crew 732**

The Barbender Bartender

Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Blarnee_92 View Post
    No, if you want to get a higher bench than sticking to this program would be your best bet. But seriously dude man the fuk up.
    actually it will hamper his bench results in the long run. Doing heavy leg movements like squat increases the amount of GH your body releases which in turn causes your bench press to rise faster, also stronger legs mean a bigger bench regardless. Try benching with no leg drive or your feet in the air and then try with a solid foundation and a good amount of leg drive (keep your ass on the bench). To sum up what I'm saying, just squat man.

Originally Posted by Shanecutler51 View Post
    actually it will hamper his bench results in the long run. Doing heavy leg movements like squat increases the amount of GH your body releases which in turn causes your bench press to rise faster, also stronger legs mean a bigger bench regardless. Try benching with no leg drive or your feet in the air and then try with a solid foundation and a good amount of leg drive (keep your ass on the bench). To sum up what I'm saying, just squat man.
    I hear you, I hear you. Either way, the squat and DL is def. out for the moment so I'll just do leg ext. and hyper extensions instead. Let's just see this as an experiment and then I'll let everyone know what happens to my bench 1RM

Hi everyone

Now, my main concern is improving my bench RM and I find the squat and deadlift to be extremely exhausting for the entire body (I'm a sissy - I know). Therefore, I've been searching for alternative exercises that will hit the same, primary, musclegroup without causing too much fatigue on the overall body.
    I`m maybe reading this wrong but it sounds to me you want results without actually trying too hard. Doesn`t work that way I`m afraid.

First meet results:
    Squat 140kg (+15kg PR)
    Bench 130kg (+10kg PR)

Second meet results:
    Squat 175kg (+5kg PR)
    Bench 140kg (= PR)
    Deadlift 210kg (+5kg PR)

Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Donut62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi everyone

I'm planning on starting a beginner's Sheiko Routine in a few week's time.

No, you are planning on doing some **** you made up. The Sheiko routine you reference is for synergistically training the bench, squat, and deadlift.

Originally Posted by markyg View Post
    I`m maybe reading this wrong but it sounds to me you want results without actually trying too hard. Doesn`t work that way I`m afraid.
    No, not really. The thing is, I'm going to start squatting and deadlifting later on, it's just that at the moment I'm too injury prone and too concerned with improving the bench to do the full Sheiko routine.

Now this is intended for everyone: what's with the hostility? I'm trying to modify a program in a way that it will suit me because I can't do the squat and DL at the moment. It's not meant as an act of disrespect against the program itself or against people who do bench, squat and DL - it's just that I, at the moment, can't handle the squat and deadlift while trying to improve the bench as much as possible.

jesus thinks youre a jerk ehlpitel's Avatar
    ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A program is a program, it's like going to a restaraunt and asking them to dramatically alter an entree for you.

The chefs don't like doing that.

In any case, your body gets used to doing that kind of stuff and as long as you're careful with your form, everything should be fine.

Good luck.
    How many gymrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Seven. One to screw in the bulb and six to say, "Bro, you're huge, man! Ripped!"

theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000)
    the hostility is because you sound like a pussy I guarantee you there are guys here squatting and deadlifting who have experienced worse injuries than you have. Personally I dont know your situation, so you may be telling the truth, but you come off pretty weak in your first post. The second reason is because sheiko is designed for powerlifting not increasing your bench. If you want a bench only program, talk to jt hall or someone and then do your leg curls extensions etc when you feel like it

fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fennway4414 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Donut62 View Post
    synergistically
    Donut using big words.

Stop being a puss bag and squat and deadlift.

DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi everyone

Sounds like a great plan. What are you going to replace the bench with?

jesus thinks youre a jerk ehlpitel's Avatar
    ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pec dec.
    How many gymrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Seven. One to screw in the bulb and six to say, "Bro, you're huge, man! Ripped!"

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sheiko has a bench only program...., I do think if you want squats and deadlift to stop exhausting than you should do them more often.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

I drop vagina panties. Wintermule's Avatar
    Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can still do deadlift without a spotter...just correct your form and lighten up the weight. It's not like not having a spotter while deadlifting will lead to an injury like benching or squatting without one would.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108859061

**EHUDD IS MY E-HUS** (no homo)

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    how would you even spot a deadlift? If you can't make the lift, you drop it...boom end of danger.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*