JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Can someone throw out some suggestions - diagnosing my shoulder problems (reps)

I have an appt with the orthapedist but that gonna be about a month away.

Ive had pain when lifting in both shoulders for about a year and a half now, the left one has always seemed to be worse. The pain occurs in the shoulder joint, usually a dull aching pain when lifting - esepecially bench, squat, and military press. However, i have often had a sharp pain in my left shoulder when lifting. As far as I know i have never dislocated either shoulder. I get pain also when i put my hand behind my back and raise my thumb up (as if to scratch an itch). I was maxing out on bench a week ago and when i finished i noticed my left shoulder was hurting much more than usual. Its been hurting worse ever since (but the pain isnt unbearable, and only hurts when i move it at certain angle or am lifting). Ive done some more tests and noticed when i put pressure on my hand and raise my arm forward or laterally i have a lot of pain (discomfort in both shoulders, but the left is much worse). Any thoughts?

JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJJJ4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also, the pain in my left shoulder is in the front. Not the front delt muscle, but on the inside towards the front.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There are 2 potential sites of impingement - the acromion at the top and the coracoid process at the front.
    http://home.comcast.net/~wnor/xrayleftshoulder.jpg

Depending on the nature of the imbalance / instability in the shoulder, you can impinge against one or both.

The supraspinatus tendon or subacromial bursa are the most common structures causing pain at the top of the shoulder or slightly laterally
    http://www.southwest-ortho.com/image...tator-cuff.jpg

while the biceps tendon commonly causes pain at the front
    http://www.eorthopod.com/images/Cont...tis_anat04.jpg

Commonly seen where there is a poor muscle balance around the shoudler joint and / or poor posture of the shoulder joint.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does it hurt if you put pressure on the Joint.

Try pushing down on the AC joint...does it hurt? I had surgery 3 months back due to Distal clavicle osteolysis.

I had issues benching and all other push movements. Attempting to put on a belt, reaching around my back, killed.

Have you tried anyting for inflamation?

holmesdk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulder injury

I just went to the Dr. for the same thing on both of my shoulders and after the x-rays. I was told that I had an impingement, AC arthritis and a bone spur in both shoulders. I was given a cordazone shot in each shoulder which has given me relief. But I was told that surgery is the only cure due to the prolonged damage and heavy lifting.