Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Eric1025 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question tired of being called skinny!

I really need help. I have been skinny all of my life. I am 15, 5'8 and weigh about 115. People are always calling me skinny and about 2 months ago, I decided to try to do something about it. My dad took me to a GNC and bought me about a months supply of Weight Gainer Gold 2200. The tube lasted about a month becuase I only had 1000 calories a day. To go with that I ifted weights 2 days a week for about 30 minutes.

About a month later, I weight about 4 pounds more but do not see any difference(of course). I just ran into a problem. My dad said he is going to stop buying the weight gainer becuase it is to expensive. I understand, but I feel like its going to be impossible to gain weight without it. I know that Whey Protein is a lot cheaper. Will that help me at all to gain weight.

Tommorow I am recieving a weight machine for my basement that my dad purchased for me to help me get bigger. I really want to look noticibly bigger within 2-3 months. I am tired of being skinny. Please help me build a workout routine(im a begginer). What muscles should I be working and how much should I be lifting. What should I be eating. I dont drink milk at all becuase I have always hated the taste. I eat a bowl of icecream every night so that where I get my calcium. I am a very picky eater and do not like cheese or and vegtables. All my meals consist of meat so i would think im getting a good amount of protein. Any suggestions would be very helpfull. Thanks.

BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BowFlex-er has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You gotta drink Milk man lots of protein in it. If you really really reallly can't stand it then yeah get some whey protein or Pro V60(protein) that will help you build some muscle. Keep on pumpin. L8er

hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Arrow bulk!

Hey dude if u wanna get bigger u gotta bulk.
    You dont really need any weight gainers, just eat real food it's better.
    Just get some Whey Protein, that will help.
    And u should a lso try to train more than 2 times a week. Make a split.
    And EAT EAT EAT!
    Stay Strong!

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)

weight gainer...

Regular food is way better than the weight gainer, so don't feel like you can't gain without it.

Eat a lot of peanut butter, JIF is a kinda cruddy brand, try to get peter pan or natural peanut butter, they dont have nearly as much stuff added. Peanut butter has a lot of good fats and protein in it.

I doubt the icecream is doing you much good, especially before bed.

Some good foods are eggs, tuna, whole wheat bagels, oatmeal, etc etc... cottage cheese is good but you said you dont like cheese :P... meats are good, pasta, rice... rice and beans together makes a complete protein.

Drinking a lot of whole milk would probably help a good bit.

Before it's all over with I doubt you'll be a very picky eater anymore.. lol...

Whey protein is good for building muscle... but it's not really a weightgainer shake, and even WITH a weightgainer shake you can't expect to gain if you don't have a good diet.

Look on the nutrition forum for some really detailed information about diets, look for some good bulking diets. You need to eat at least 6 meals a day.

And don't expect to gain muscle mass by eating junk food.

I'm sure I left lots of gaps in my information... but that should help some, mantaining a good diet is alot easier once you get used to it... And if you get a good diet down you will gain more than you did with jst a mediocre diet and weightgainer.
    And someone else will prob fill you in as far as workout goes..
    Ev

Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Got 2 words.... PEEEEAAAAANUUUUT BUUTTTEEERR NAAATTTUURAAL!! Weight that's 3 words! Just eat like a pig....not literally though.......to bulk nicely hit 400g carbs, 230g protein and 80g fat perday...u'll see results....

how do I eat that much protein?

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    At 120lbs 280 g's of protein a day might be slightly overkill... but yah.. eat as much as you can. For carbs, grapenuts is good too.
    Ev

Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Chicken, Cottage Cheese, Steaks, Ground Beef....NO MILK it's for BABYS!! Honestly!! That's my conception....Milk should only be fed to babys!! I've never drank milk!!

can someone help me with the workout part? should I be bench pressing or doing flyes or raises. How much should I be lifing and how many sets and repetitions?

Well you need at least 1 gram of protein for every pound you weigh.... and here, you could get 137 g's before supper...
    example...

Breakfast
    3 eggs 21 g's
    Glass of milk 8 g's

Snack meal:
    Large glass of milk 16 g's
    PB sandwhich with TONS of PB on it 16 g's

Lunch:
    Large glass of milk 16 g's
    Can of tuna 30 g's

Postworkout protein shake 30 g's

NOTE: this "diet" does not include any carbs, etc, I was just showing how much protein can be fit in, and you shouldn't eat like that, you need other stuff besides high protein foods.

But yeah I was just showin ya how it's not impossible to get a lot of protein... add in two more meals with 20 g's of protein and you'd have 170 or so... that'd be plenty, it's not so hard to accomplish
    Ev

hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Steak and "Good Ol Chicken" i like best.
    Stay Strong!

The problem is I am a very picky eating and dont like many of the protein foods you mentioned. I dont know what to do to get the protein.

wlwlb13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hey

man if u wanna get bigger grow some balls and just plug ur nose or something.. force urself to eat that ****. cram it down. i dont like the taste of tuna that much but i still eat a can a day.. chicken breast r great source of protein. put some bbq sauce and some lettuce and throw it all on a bun. thats a good meal. and try to make a protein shake after u workout.. dont wait tho. have it within a hour of ur workout when ur body most needs it. just force urself to eat. if u wanna get big u need to eat big and dont be picky. u dont like veggies? wtf is that. u need them to get stronger and try to pick up a good muliti vitiman. well let us know how it goes peace
    ps. drop the icecream. that dosent give u much of anything good. instead make a protein shake with some ice. .try this 8oz milk,ice cubes,lil bit of powdered choclate 1/2 a teaspoon. (dont need much to taste it.scoop of Peanut butter and couple scoups of whey protein. mix all that **** up and have it for a dessert taste great.

Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Eric1025
    The problem is I am a very picky eating and dont like many of the protein foods you mentioned. I dont know what to do to get the protein.

well if your very picky don't expect to get big ! start to adapt to the foods you don't like because they are going to help you on your road to sucess ! also you will eventually get sick of the foods you like cause you will eat them too much !

fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just keep reading up on the articles on this site if your want to find out all that info so qucikly

BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well, u need to make sure that you are getting plenty of carbs and protein, and also good fats...for carbs i would suggest oatmeal, cereal, bread, pasta, stuff like that...then for protein drink lots of milk, eat eggs or egg whites, and lots of any kind of meat/fish such as lean beef, chicken, tuna. Peanut Butter I guess is good for ur healthy fats, and also make sure to get a lot of proteins and carbs right after training....try protein bars if u have the money, or just make a shake with some protein powder, some instant breakfast or oatmeal (carbs), low fat ice cream, hersheys fat free chocolate syrup, and milk....tastes just like a milk shake.

stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stvn42088 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Heres what I eat while bulking:

Steak
    Chicken
    Corn Beef and Hash(over 600 cal. a can w/ lots of protein)
    Eggs
    PB & J(atleast 2)
    Butter and Herb Noodles(tons of good carbs)
    Bagels(multi-grain)
    Yogurt
    16 yrs. old
    5'10 - 171 lbs.

dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dude_6991 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Arrow bulk man

u have to bulk alot to gain weight then later on like a while u cut then that fat get makes into muslce so u do that for bulk about 9 months then cut ok and work out more then 2 times a week it will help alot and just take whey protien and u will be set keep it up man
    work hard play hard train hard stay strong lift hard lift big get big and pain is only weakness leaving the body

Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're not going to be big in 2-3 months! It took me like a year of hard work to get to where I am now. Be patience and determined. Bodybuilding is not just *click* and you're huge ass freak. You have to work hard at it like hell and gain very very little by little. I'm STILL not that huge even though I've worked so hard.

Ruthless

sigweed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the hardest part is eating enough food.
    When i started workout out, I went totally gungho and just didnt stop eating
    i was 6'0 130lbs, so around your same area. I'd have a big breakfast, snack, big lunch, big meal when i got home, big meal after working out, dinner, meal, sleep

i was getting awesome results, gained 30lbs in just over 2 months... most of it muscle too cause my bodyfat % dropped. Just listen to what everyone here says... you gotta EAT EAT EAT

even now im 180lbs 7%bf, and i was stuck at 175 for the longest time. Then even after thinking i was eating enough, i tried eating a meal every 2 hours... and guess what, a month later i hit 180 solid!

lesson being..... E-A-T!!!!!!
    **** being picky. picky eaters dont grow

Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Holla112 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    drink MILK, i know it sounds like a cliche but it was the best weight gainer 100 years ago, and it still is, eat 6 times a day, a small meal every 1.5 or 2 hours, and drink a glass of milk with each meal, ur put on 50lbs in no time

dont blame me if it's some fat....
    "It's like I'm in my own ****in' world , I speak how I feel, Sometimes I feel like I'm jus' too ****in' real!"

height: 6'4
    weight: 215lbs
    arm: 15.8
    waist: 34'
    Currently cutting, down from 225 @ 15% bf to 210 @ 11-12% bf

Next Levrone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eric, eat... Often and a lot. If I were you I would do basic exercises to start out. Get a decent form down and then hit heavy hard intense reps when your body will permit you to. IM me on AIM and I'll give you the link to some pretty good beginner workouts. AIM screenname: Pickyou21
    Seldom do you hear a guy and his training partner grunting and screaming and gettin’ down into it. In the old days, you’d get off work, put on your bandanna, go in there and try to kill yourself. You didn’t count anything. You just waited for the other guy to drop - Kevin Levrone

sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Yo...

If you want to get big, you've seriously got to eat. If people could gain 40lbs by taking in 2lbs of weight gainer and working out an hour a week, everyone in the US would be yolked. Wake up kid. You're a 115lbs probably because you eat a cookie for lunch and drink a Pepsi for dinner, right? You've got to eat 5-6 meals a day, and don't eat for the taste, think of it as fuel. You're a machine and your job is to get big. Bodybuilding is not easy, but the benefits make everything well worth it. When you train, you've got to be intense, and go big. Don't use a machine to work out, because you will not gain size from machines. You have to use free weights to see a difference.

One more thing, go out and buy Arnold Schwarzenneger's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding - aka, The Bible.
    "I'm a gentlemen when it comes to ladies, a guy when it comes to girls....And a pimp when it comes to hoes."

AbtronikDragon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lots of advice, but read mine.

You don't like milk, try Soy milk (sometimes just called soy beverage).
    You can buy it at any grocery store, it's got the same amount of protein as regular milk, costs a little more maybe, but has a different taste. Buy it sweetened or unsweeted, doesn't matter.

Also, 3 full-body workouts for beginners is commonly accepted. When I started out, I did weights every other day, and it went alright.

AbtronikDragon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, don't listen to some of these jacked up idiots like the guy who posted right above mine.

Just start out with a good base. You'll gain some muscle, some definition, and you'll be amazed with your progress if you just eat right, do osme sit-ups and lift some weights.

If you want to go hardcore, don't jump the gun. Make sure you're starting out right.

Dannyboy5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man you need to grow some balls. In all honesty, the biggest reason you are so skinny is because you are a picky girl.

If you want to be a strong man, you have to eat like one, train like one, live like one. Feed your self with many foods and like that other dude said, just think of it as fuel. Eat eat eat, throw all those junk foods away. There is nothing wrong with the foods that were mentioned, 99% of normal people enjoy them and i think they all taste very good. You need to be spending at least 3 -4 hours in the gym a week, busting your ass, with all the strength you have in you. When you walk out you should be so damn tired and so damn hungry that you wont care what you eat that night. DO that and then you will start to gain.

Dannyboy5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry for getting hard on you, only trying to give you some encouragment..

If you need any help MSN me, sellsalot15@hotmail.com

Id be happy to help you out

massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

"Pavel calls the idea of training yourself in isolated pieces "Frankenstein training" and I don't think I can come up with a better term. The body is one piece." Dan John

sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sfhighroller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Protein....

I wouldn't recommend soy milk over regular milk. The protein in soy is not nearly as well absorbed as the protein in whey. There is also a theory that's probably not true - but drinking lots of soy milk can raise your estrogen and cause gyno, which gives you bitch tits - but if this ever did happen it would probably be when someone is on steroids and drinking an insane amount of soy milk.
    "I'm a gentlemen when it comes to ladies, a guy when it comes to girls....And a pimp when it comes to hoes."

Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can definately get bigger without weight gainer. Instead of weight gainer, get some whey protein and dextrose for after workouts. That's pretty much the only supplement you need at this point.

Eat every 2.5 - 3 hrs. Make protein your main course for every meal, along with carbs. You don't need to count calories everyday, but for two days or so, count calories so you can get a good idea of what foods have what, and from there you can estimate.

What to eat:

Protein:

Tuna
    Chicken
    Beef
    Eggs
    Milk
    Cottage Cheese

Good Carbs:

Potatoes
    Rice
    Bread
    Dextrose sugar (simple carbs after workout only, you can buy this online at supplement stores.)

Good Bulking foods:

Peanut butter
    Milk, Lots!
    Yogurt, get the dense calorie kind
    Tuna, you can buy a ton in the can form at Costco or something.

Also, get some Meal Replacement Shakes (myoplex). These are very convenient, but you don't have to get these.

USE FREE WEIGHTS, DON'T RELY ON MACHINES.

Search the site for lifting exercises to do

Main lifts:

Bench Press - flat, decline, incline
    Squat - don't skip leg days, legs are just as important as upper
    body

Deadlift
    Cleans - Overall good lift for entire body. Most people don't do these, but I like them

Do some searching on this site and on the internet on how to lift and what to eat. Hang around the forum too, but don't ask stupid questions because they won't get answered.