Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about Strategic Deconditioning for HST

do you have to do an SD process or can you do a deload?
    I'm on starting strength right now if that makes a difference.

also, if I must do SD, can I do cardio during it?

and the range is vague, 9-14 days. Is 9 only for the genetically gifted? is 11-12 the "average?"

Thanks.
    6'3, 195, 21yo

Reveal the Steel

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nagges187 View Post
    do you have to do an SD process or can you do a deload?
    I'm on starting strength right now if that makes a difference.

also, if I must do SD, can I do cardio during it?

and the range is vague, 9-14 days. Is 9 only for the genetically gifted? is 11-12 the "average?"

Thanks.
    You mentioned Starting Strength in your comment. I am assuming that you are not trying to put SD in the Starting Strength.

For HST, do the SD just as it says. Take the week off. Generally this is 9 days (Two weekends and the week in between). It's important to do it this way as that's the way that the program is designed.

I don't think that some cardio would hurt though.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    The SD is just as vital a part of the program as any of the 2-week microcycles. You don't SD, then you're not using the HST program.

Some moderate cardio is fine.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nagges187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    You mentioned Starting Strength in your comment. I am assuming that you are not trying to put SD in the Starting Strength.

For HST, do the SD just as it says. Take the week off. Generally this is 9 days (Two weekends and the week in between). It's important to do it this way as that's the way that the program is designed.

I don't think that some cardio would hurt though.
    No i am not going to put SD in the starting strength.

2 more questions.

Would taking MMA classes 3 times for the SD week be too much activity for an actual SD?

how about swimming? (3 times a week as well)

the reason i ask is because obviously these forms of cardio are more muscle intense (and fun).
    6'3, 195, 21yo

Reveal the Steel

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    No i am not going to put SD in the starting strength.

2 more questions.

Would taking MMA classes 3 times for the SD week be too much activity for an actual SD?

how about swimming? (3 times a week as well)

the reason i ask is because obviously these forms of cardio are more muscle intense (and fun).
    Well, you stumped me here You might wanna go to the HST forums and ask the dudes over there your questions regarding MMA/cardio during SD. I am pretty sure the will say it's fine, but just go ahead ask ask anyways. Some guys at the HST forums have been running HST cycles for years.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

I would love to go to the HST forums but I cant find them!

I didnt even know we had specific training forums on this board (or maybe we dont)

regardless, I googled HST forums and came up empty.. can you provide a link please? thanks a lot!
    6'3, 195, 21yo

Reveal the Steel

Analysis paralysis Lifting N Tx's Avatar
    Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would love to go to the HST forums but I cant find them!

I didnt even know we had specific training forums on this board (or maybe we dont)

regardless, I googled HST forums and came up empty.. can you provide a link please? thanks a lot!
    Go here.

A good one to check out first is the "HST FAQ" sub forum.