Closed Thread
    Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Don't Post Until You Have Read This !!!

Four Posts RE: The Best Way To Use This Forum (courtesy of K, Wardog,and Dante)

This will be divided into four parts: The first part is by Dante, and deals with the manner in which Dante will handle redundant questions. The second part is by Wardog,and deals with the nature of the search button, in addition to basic information on commonly used (and asked about) products. The third section is by K(same), and deals with commonly used abbreviations on this forum (and others as well). And the final (fourth) part will be for the teenage "newbies" that come upon this site seeking knowledge.

Here is Dantes contribution:

If, you post a question that has been answered one thousand times before, I will reply, "Read the sticky on top, that starts with "DON'T POST". If I respond to a question in this manner, I will then block the thread (to avoid flamming and redundant answers), then I will delete that thread later (to give you time to view the response), so as to clear up the pages on the forum.

When you are looking at a product in question, consider:

1)Who is making it (the company)

2)The ingredient(s) on the label

3)The amounts of the ingredient(s)

After this, use the search button to see if the product/company, and the ingredient has been addressed before. If product X has 20 mgs of Ephedrine, 200mgs of Caffeine, and other odds and ends, there is no reason to post another thread that states "IS THIS GOOD', unless you did a search, and could not find the ingredients and the company in question (if you have not heard of the company before, and can not find it in a search).

Dante
    Last edited by Chi_town; 11-19-2002 at 08:48 AM.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wardogs RANT! (for newbies)
    Welcome to this board. Now lets start you out right.

Use the Search before Posting

#1 There is a search button!!!! Most of your newbie questions have been asked 1,000,000 times. Therefore, you will get FLAMED when you ask it for the 1,000,001 time. This is NOT a good way to start out here. Here is a helpful hint when using the search engine. Use the * button after your search words so you do not get the search engine telling you that there are too few characters. In other words, ZMA would become ZMA*.

ZMA

#2 ZMA is a supplement. To put it simply, when you lift heavy, your body uses a good amount of Zinc and Magnesium. Deficciencies in these minerals will lead to a decrease in testosterone levels. By supplementing, avoid this issue. ZMA will NOT raise your levels above what your body will normally produce, and is NOT like a steroid, and is safe to take at any age. You take it before bedtime because it tends to help you sleep as well. Do not take it with any calcium containing products (like milk or dairy products) because they hinder absorption.

EDIT: link to a thread, courtesy of K (same). I will edit this at a later time (dante).

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=17417

Creatine

#3 Creatine. Again, creatine is NOT a steroid, and will not make you huge in 6 short weeks. What it will do is have you retain water in your muscles more, which will give you a fuller look, and will help increase your strength, which in time will help your size. There is NO wonder creatine. Any cheap old creatine with the Creapure label is all good. Liquid creatine does NOT work. Creatine breaks down in liquid quickly. Powdered creatine is the way to go. You mix it with a non-acidic high carb source such as grape juice. NOT orange juice or grapefruit juice or anything acidic. You may also take it in your protein shake if your shake is mixed with milk. (The milk sugars will give you the carbs the creatine needs) If you mix your protein with water, then you need to use grape juice or something with your creatine. Best time to take it is post workout.

More articles on creatine:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...?page=Creatine

MRPs & Protein Powder

#4 MRPs. Or meal replacement powders. Again, no magic bullets here, they will not make you huge in 6 short weeks..no matter WHAT the slick magazine ads say. They are powdered FOOD!! Nothing more. It is something that is conveinient to use so you do not have to choke down another meal of chicken and rice. Look for ones that are not extremely high in carbs in relation to protein, because they are just filled with sugar. Price and taste are your two biggest factors to look at. If it is high in sugar, but you love the taste,, you can raise the protein with a scoop of whey protein and do just fine.

#5 Protein Powders. Again do not buy the slick ads. Whey protein is the cheapest, and also very quickly absorbed. Other types are egg, casin, and a host of others. The major difference is absorption time. A fancy mixed "super duper hydrolyzed mega mix of proteins is not going to make a huge difference in your body. It will however make a huge difference in your wallet!! Go with a good old 5 pound jug-o-whey to start. For myself, I have been at this game 7 years, and I am still sitting with my 5 pound jug-o-whey and it seems to work just fine.

Articles on protein:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainsupp.htm#protein

Prohormones

#6 Prohormones. This topic could fill a book. The basics are: If you are under 21 they are not recommended. You are not done growing, and they can negativly impact your growth. THESE ARE COMPOUNDS THAT WILL AFFECT YOUR HORMONAL SYSTEM...THEREFORE RESEARCH!!!! If you use any of the above incorrectly, you will not have any serious health risks..except you might get fat. If you misuse prohormones, there are a variety of side effects and issues that could arise. There are excellent articles on prohormones here..written by Big Cat. Read them, and research past posts. Learn delivery systems (orals, topicals, sublinguals, nasal, etc) Once you have a decent working knowledge, THEN post.

Helpful articles on prohormones:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainsupp.htm#proh

Prohormone FAQ

Thermogenics/Ephedra

7) Thermogenics. Fat burners, are simply meant to accompany a sound diet and exercise program; they DO NOT REPLACE IT. Get your house in order, and then worry about the details later. Thermogenics, shoud NOT be used by:

a)Those under 18
    b)Those that are elderly
    c)Those with high blood pressure, and any other cardiovascular conditions.
    d)Those that are taking asthma medications, or any other stimulants (for depression), that may interfere with ephedrine.
    e)Those that may have psychological issues, should stay clear.

Here is a link, to a very, very, comprehensive thread regarding thermogenics. True, it may be long, but it has many "link-outs", and it will give you a very comprehensive overview with regards to thermogenic stacks (ECA/NYC and such).

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=14932

8)Overall articles on supplementation:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainsupp.htm

Well this is a start. If anyone wants to add..please feel free!!!
    Last edited by derekmac; 11-17-2003 at 09:27 AM.

Abbreviations: NewBies MUST read (courtesy of K(same) ).

This is originally published at anabolicreview. The credit is theirs.

AS = Anabolic Steroids
    AR = Androgen Receptor
    BB = Body Builder or Body Building
    BRO = People on this board who help each other out by exchanging knowledge
    CLEN = Clenbuterol
    CNS = Central Nervous System
    CYP = Testosterone Cypionate
    DART =Syringe/Needle
    DBOL = Dianabol (Methandrostenolone)
    DECA = Nandrolone Decanoate
    DHT = Dihydrotestosterone
    DMSO = Dimethyl Sulfoxide - Topical enhancer
    DNP = Dinitrophenol
    DRINK WINNY = Yes you can drink Winny
    ECA = Ephedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin
    ED = Every Day
    ENTH = Testosterone Enanthate
    EOD = Every other day
    EQ = Equipoise (Boldenone Undecylenate)
    FINA = Finaplix (Trenbolone Acetate)
    GH = Growth Hormone
    GYNO = Gynomastica (Bitch tits)
    HPTA = Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis
    IGF = Insulin Growth Factor
    INJ = Inject, Injection
    LH = Leutenizing Hormone
    MCG = Micrograms
    MG = Milligrams
    ML = Milliliters
    NE =Nor-epinephrine
    NOLVA = Nolvaldex
    NYC= Norephedrine/Yohimbine hcl/Caffeine (Adipokinetix, etc.)
    OTC = Over the counter
    PIN = Needle
    PRIMO = Primobolan, Primobolan Depot
    PROP= Testosterone Propionate
    SLIN = Insulin
    SUST = Sustanon
    T2= Thyroid Hormone
    T3 = Thyroid Hormone
    TEST = Testosterone
    TREN = Trenbolone
    WINNY = Winstrol-V (Stanozolol)
    Y = Yohimbine
    17 AA = 17 Alpha Alkylated

BBS lingos:

LOL = Laugh out loud
    LMAO = Laughing my ass off
    ROFLMAO = Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
    BTW = By the way
    IMO = In my opinion
    IMHO = In my humble opinion
    WTF = What the ****
    OMG = Oh my God
    BUMP = Back up to the top of the page

JK = Joke
    B/W = Bodyweight
    B/F = Bodyfat
    JMO = Just my opinion
    Barrel = Syringe
    AAS = Anabolic Androgenic Steroids
    Last edited by Chi_town; 11-19-2002 at 08:47 AM.

"Revelations of Youth". An excerpt from a post by Diesel17

Please excuse my earlier ignorance. I have used the extraordinary resources of these boards here at bodybuilding.com and they have completely changed me, much like a man might be changed in prison by finding God. I have had a bodybuilding epiphany of sorts.

Like many teenagers and/or adult newbies here, I thought I knew everything, when in fact, I knew so tragically little. I was on a sure path of minimal, if any, gains...as well as a surefire downward spiral of self-destruction and financial waste. And I have only yourselves to thank for sparing me this horrible fate. God only knows what would have become of me had I not done some simople research of these fine and humble boards that contain countless informative posts by the many respectable members that post here.

From this moment forth, I pledge on my very testicles that I am now going to use the Search key first...and as far as my program goes, considering that I am a teenager, I will also begin a patient and sensible training regimen that will involve absolutely postponing prohormones and 1-Testosterone until I am at least 21, not use mind-altering drugs, and will simply take protein, creatine, and good foods to help me recuperate from my training. Furthermore, I promise to treat those who have obviously spent far more time here and know much more than myself with utter respect...and will also no longer betray my fine country by mercilessly slaughtering its primary language with abuses of street slang or abundances of typos.

Again, one and all, thank you so very much for setting me straight. You have given me a gift I could never possibly repay.
    Last edited by Chi_town; 09-26-2002 at 02:56 PM.

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    - NEW RULE -

Thread titles must contain info!!!

Titles of threads such as

Help
    Look at this
    What if I?
    How about this?
    What?
    WTF?

or anything similar that contains no information about what you are asking will be closed.

Trying to make everyone look at your thread by having a vague title is now outlawed - they will be closed!

As common courtesy to members, please therefore mention in the thread title what you are actually asking about.
    Last edited by derekmac; 10-05-2003 at 05:51 PM.

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Attention Supplement Companies!

We welcome any supplement company to post here - BUT

do not try and hide your affiliations - post honestly!

I have on three occasions unearthed supplement companies posting here under multiple names trying to put good words in for their own products and criticise other brands.

Using proxies, filling in profiles, making posts in sex/misc to up post counts will not throw us off.

Sooner or later you will be caught if you spam here, so save yourself the embarassment of being ousted on the forums and admit your ties!!!

Just remember the walls have ears and I will catch you!

FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkMasterFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

****how To Use The Search Function****

How to Use The Search Function

I am not sure if someone has already made a distinctive manual on the Search Function of these boards....so hopefully this is important enough to be a sticky or whatnot.....

~The first Section is An overlay of the Screen and buttons/functions.....
    ~The second Section is tips for getting the results you may want...

~~~~Using The Search Function~~~~

"I am new, I have questions, I need answers" Does this sound like you??Well do not fret because here at Bodybuilding.com WE DO have answers, help, and suggestions.However You are most likely not the first to ponder on whatever question it is your pondering on. So SEARCH! How do I effectively search you ask? Well hopefully this will give you some idea of what needs to be done to get what you want to come up!

~BEGGINING~

~~How do I begin?

*BEGGINING-The Search button is located on the Upper Right hand portion of the screen. It says "search". Clicking this would be the first step towards enlightenment.The buttion is light bluish.

~~Ok I found the button NOW WHAT??

*KEYWORD-You may search by KEYWORD....That means enter in a word or group of words, or phrases which describe what you may want to know...you can type in a whole question if you wish.

~~What the Hell it wont let me search cause The search term I specified is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found.

*4 LETTER RULE-The forum system does not allow words under 4 letters to be typed, so you cant search for "abs", "DNP", "T3" or any other word which is less than 4 letters! If you wish to search for a term such as "Abs" you must use a WILDCARD. To use a wildcard you type in "Abs*" . The asterik is your wildcard. It will allow you to search for words which are less than 4 letters long. If you wish to search for something such as "T3" you could try "*T3*" this will work as well. One note on using a wildcard....you will not bring up all threads with those words...so if you can think up a different word for the same thing,try that...such as "cytomel" instead of t3.

~~Searching by USER NAME??

*USERNAME-Well lets say you want to read articles by "Big Cat" because you read his awesome steroid profiles and want to see some of the advice hes given. Well you would type in "Big Cat". If all you know is part of his name lets say "Big C" well then just type in "Big C", and then click "match partial name". Pretty basic right?? Well lets say you want an article by "Big Cat" but you only want it if it is about steroids, well then you put "Steroids" in the Keyword box, and "Big Cat" in the Username box, and there you go click Perform search and you got it.

~~Search Options?-- Why the hell do I need more things to click and fill in??

*SPECIFIC SEARCH OPTIONS-The first Pull down bar lets you choose to search in a specific Forum.So you can either just leave it alone which will run your search through all open forums, or you can choose a specific forum.

Underneath you get four more options these options are.....

-Search Entire Post ----Self Explanatory? I hope so....This will bring up all threads which contain your Keyword somewhere inside them.
    -Search Titles Only-----Self Explanatory? I hope so....This will bring up ONLY threads which contain your Keyword IN THE THREAD TITLE.
    -Show Results as Posts---- This will show your results as individual posts. As in NOT THREADS. After the search you can choose to only read the individual post or entire thread.
    -Show results as Threads----Will bring up results as Threads, therefor you may have to go through the post to find your Keyword.

*Dates-Then you can choose specific dates to search your post from. The default setting is Any date. However you may select to search posts from a certain date (this is the pulldown menu), and then you choose to search from that date and newer, or that date and older.

*Sorting Results- Now you get too choose from the pulldown menu to sort results by:
    -title
    -number of replies
    -number of views
    -last posting date
    -poster
    -forum

and then you decide whether the results show up in ascending order (going up) or descending order (going down).

*LAST STEP- Well now all there is to do is search and hopefully find threads that may hold the answers to the questions you may have.

Feel free to help me update this section by sending suggestions

~~~~TIPS TO A PRODUCTIVE SEARCH~~~~

-Use basic words for basic searchs...Wanna know more about creatine....use "creatine"

-Use detailed searches for detailed results...Wanna know more about the affects of creatine on acne?...Well then use the Keywords "creatine" and "acne"

-there is no point in typing in anymore useless words such as "a", "if", "i", "or", "why", etc.... These will only bring up the damn screen telling you that your words are too short.

-If your word is too short, try finding another word for it which is not too short.....EXAMPLE..... instead of "t3" use "cytomel"
    Last edited by pogue; 11-12-2003 at 10:15 PM.
    f,ck what ya herd bout me.......

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Warning: If you give bad advice.....

I have noticed a lot of bad advice going around. I'm not talking about those who base their advice on what works for them; I am talking about those who say stupid stuff when they have no idea what they are talking about. Something like this:

Question: I want to use 1-test but I am not sure about how it will affect me.

Answer: If you are over 21, go ahead and use it. It won't affect you at all.

Question: I am going to train chest 4 times a week, is this good?

Answer: Yes. It works for everyone because your chest is a muscle that doesn't need much rest.

Now, some bad advice is understandable, as we all learn as we go. But, if you continually post bad advice that could lead to someone getting hurt or worse, than you will be BANNED. I am saying this to bring back order to those who give advice without thinking first. Mainly toward those who have been lifting for less than a year, but read FLEX magazine and think they are God's gift to bodybuilding.

What does this mean: It means that it would be wise of you to OPEN your eyes and learn and read before you type. Because I will be on the lookout, and if you have a bad track record, you will be gone.

If you don't know the answer to a question, don't post in the thread!
    Last edited by pogue; 11-12-2003 at 10:16 PM.

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)

*** Best of the Supplements Forum ***

Since there is a best of the steroids forum section, I decided to go through and find some best of the supplements forum threads.
    This is obviously not complete, but these are ones I am familar with so if you have some more, please PM them to me to keep this thread clean. Also, if I left you out, please let me know so I can give you credit. Enjoy!

Prohormone FAQ by pogue - Read and Learn!

Protein

Best Protein Blends by RippedUp

Homemade protein bars by WarDog

Whey Protein Purities by RippedUp

Post Workout Shake Discussion

Post Workout Shake Discussion - New

Weight Gainers

Weight Gainers Debunking and advice by RippedUp & dio

Homemade Weight Gainers by Supa Freek 420 & dio

Weight Gainer Recipes

How NOT to pick a weight gainer by pogue

How to pick a weight gainer by BIGPOPPAPUMP

ZMA

K(Same)'s Homemade ZMA

Manteca's ZMA Debunking

Fat Burners

Homemade ECA by Manteca

Adipokinetix/NYC alternatives by Dante

Preperation H as topical diuretic by Dante & others

Non-stimulant fat burners by Dante

ECA Misconceptions & Debunking by shpongled

Understanding Ingredients in Most Thermogenics by BabsieGirl

Prohormones/Steroidal compounds

PH Homebrew by Curt2go

The best/most effective cycle lengths? by windwords7

Transdermal Help & Spreadsheet by Big Daddy Chemo

Hair loss prevention,control by Dio & others

Manteca's homemade 1-test ethergels

axisv's homemade ethergels

Vitex for prolactin suppression by Murphman

Gyno FAQ by fizler & pogue

DHT as an anti-estrogen by pogue

Supplements & Other Miscellaneous

**Facts and FAQ: Swole V.2/NOZ/V-12/etc. by GhostfaceKillah

NO2 Exposed by Icex999

Tofu Guru's Basic Testosterone Enhancement Supplement List (Steroid/PH free)

Flaxseed oil - take it and rid yourself of joint pain. by lakevillethor

Supplement Companies Websites by RippedUp

Creatine Fact & Fiction by str8flexed

Home Made Cell Tech by pogue

Sawastea's review of Thermogenics, Protein, Cell-volumizers and misc

Warnings/Scams

A Warning about Universal Animal Products by pogue

Warnings about Products (SDI Labs) with Steroid-like names by BigCat

Warning about VPX products by BigCat

Warning about Muscletech products by BigCat

Myostatin supplements warning by BigCat

Protein Factory Warning by Mike McCandless

Methoxy Warning by BigCat

Nitric Oxide Supplements Warning by shpongled

Coral Calcium Warning by pogue

Off site

Common Supplement Scams by T-Mag

Detecting Supplement Scams by Dante
    Last edited by RippedUp; 02-16-2004 at 12:33 PM.

Some great advice to Newbies from The Conqueror

Posted on : 04-08-2003 08:29 AM

Because SOMEBODY has got to say it!!!!!!!!
    I want to say something to a lot of the newer people that have joined this board in the last year.

Contained on these boards are some great information. I have made the best gains of my life since becoming a part of the BB.com family. HOWEVER.....

I have one piece of advice. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU READ! (I guess that means have enough common sense to do some research on your own and don't trust every swinging dick that can successfully plug in a computer!)

THE REASON I say this (and say it here) is that there is a LOT of conflicting information that goes on between the knowledable people and the misinformed whether intensional or not. These boards are a TOOL to be used for education and discussion. But not everything presented here is the law and PLEASE don't take it that way. (If you do you will find yourself broke and muscleless!)

I started bodybuilding at age 16. This September I will turn thirty. I weight 245lbs and am in good shape. I only became involved with 1-test in the past twelve months and have never taken steriods. I am not in contest shape nor is that my goal, but I do have respect for myself and my body. I got here and continue to make gains because I am willing to do four things:

1) LEARN more and more about HOW to bodybuild. (not lift weights, lift out, work-out....I mean learn to do BODYBUILDING!)
    2) LEARN how to EAT.
    3) TRAIN my goddamn ass off (yeah there's a differnce in a workout and a training session.)
    4) NEVER f*cking quit.

It's a little frustrating to sign on and see some little 18 year old with 15.5" arms tell me that EVERYTHING that I did over the years has been wrong and that THIS or THAT product at THIS or THAT time of day is the ONLY way to achieve success.

My advice to you newer guys. READ the sticky's. READ the articles. STICK with the Mod's here (The majority are VERY knowledgable.) Don't be afraid to ask questions even if some silly sumbitch (and I'm as guilty as anyone) makes you feel the question is stupid.

YOU control your destiny! Not some friggin' post hound who may or may not bodybuild out in cybespace!

This has ben the Conqueror's rant for today.....you may now go on about your business.

Peace Guys!

Michael B - The Celtic Conqueror

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The posting of links to other vendors is not allowed

Due to the fact that this site has an online supplement store, posting links of other competitors websites is not allowed. Any links posted will be edited.

This means ANY supplement/misc. vendor that would allow you to purchase a product thru hyperlink.

Pming the link is allowed. but you may find it like this (*******) sometimes, even thru pm.

Cyberstore links are welcomed.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Old enough to raise ya....

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Everyone Read!

Notice about Private Messages

Something quite funny I have noticed lately is people asking questions via PM, and actually never reading the answer..

Others don't even know what are PMs, so they never check it.

To remedy this, everyone go to,

user cp >> Edit Options >> Send you an email when you receive a Private Message? >> Yes

Thanks.
    Last edited by pogue; 11-12-2003 at 10:18 PM.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Advertising

As of late I am still seeing members posting links to other vendor's sites.

Advertising competitor's websites is NOT allowed. Ryan has invested quite a bit of money and effort in this site, and thus any advertising needs to be cleared by him.

This also means advertising a link by putting spaces between it ( w w w . b o d y b u i l d i n g . c o m.)THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

You will be warned, and if this persists you will be banned.
    Last edited by derekmac; 11-18-2003 at 11:32 AM.

A fine post by Pogue.......all teens read !!

originally post by pogue on 10/08/03

Teenagers and Prohormones/Steroids
    I have been getting an increasing number of messages from individuals under eighteen asking me advice about prohormones. Although, I don't mind having these types of discussions with them, I feel as though I have typed the side effects up for them numerous times and still have trouble detering them from using them, so I want to outline some of the potential risks involved with teenagers using prohormones.

Health Risks

When you are under 21, your endocrine system is still developing. This should be obvious as you are still going through the end of puberty, getting acne, etc. During this time peroid, supplementing with extrogenous hormones is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. There is potential for very serious and long term side effects to occur. I hear all the time some of these people saying that "I've stopped growing, so it's okay". No - it's not okay. There are many other potential side effects besides growth plates. Here is a list of a few.

1) Premature closing of growth plates. This one is the most known about. Even if you think you have stopped growing, there still is a potential for height increase over time. I have known people who are 18+ who have continued to grow in height. Scientists know that growth plates don't fuse completely in some cases until individuals are past 22. Don't be deterred just because you haven't grown taller in awhile.

2) Impotence. Supplementing with hormones while you are still growing can potentially cause PERMANENT impotence and fertility issues in teenagers. When you add testosterone, estrogen and a wealth of other synthetic androgens to your body it can cause problems with your normal testicular growth and function. Remember, some of these effects are more than just temporary.

3) Liver/Kidney Problems. I hear all the time teenagers say "Well my friends used it and they got big and nothing happened to them." Really? How do you know? Have they been to a doctor and had their liver and kidney values checked? I doubt it. Just because a person looks okay on the outside, doesn't mean that they could have a host of problems on the inside. Liver and kidney damage is nothing short of serious. This can occur even in people who are past their teen years.

4) Gyno or "bitch tits". I believe this using androgens in teens can really increase the risk of gyno. Gyno has been known to happen naturally in many teenagers because of already fluxating hormones. When you add more hormones to the mix, you dramatically increase the problems. Remember that once you have gyno, its very hard to get rid of unless you take the proper precautions up front.

5) Hair loss/acne/prostate aggrevation, etc. All of these can be increased and agrevated with external androgen use. Have you ever seen a 20 year old going bald? It's not pretty. Don't think it can't happen to you.

6) Brain function. It is well known that hormones play a role in development of cognative brain function. Adding external hormones when your brain is still developing could be a disaster waiting to happen. How can you now many years down the road there won't be problems?

Psychological Problems

Being a teenager can be difficult as it is. Getting used to your own body image can be hard if you feel you're different than everyone else. Many teenagers turn to bodybuilding to help improve that image, and that can be a very healthy thing. However, when a teenager becomes obsessed or is only after short term goals of getting ripped in 6 weeks then it can be a very serious problem when prohormones/steroids get in the mix.

1) Abuse. There is a high potential for abuse when individuals turn to prohormones/steroids when they aren't mature enough to handle them. Most of these individuals had these substances recommended to them by friends with erroneous data presented to them on how to use them and how they work. I have seen teenagers on this board claim to never come off cycles of Mag-10 and 1AD. There is no reason to abuse your body like that. Never coming off hormones can have even greater risks than using them for the short term, such as halting normal hormone production permantely. If you have a problem and want to discuss it with us, please post it.

Legal Problems

Using steroids and prohormones underage can have very obvious legal implications. Since all prohormones have labels on them indicated that they are not for use for individuals under 18, you take into liability not only yourself and your family, but risk liability on the manufacturer and seller who sold these substances to you. By doing this, you are hurting the community who use these substances responsibly. Take responsibility for yourself and stay away from these. Causing harm to yourself is one thing, but everytime a teenager uses prohormones, the potential for them being banned increases. Here are some other problems

1) Drug testing. If you are a teenager playing sports, using steroids and prohormones can seem like a good idea to increase your performance. How would it look if you suddenly got tested for them? Being tested for prohormones WILL SHOW UP AS STEROIDS. You will have no recourse for this, and could potentially find yourself being investigated by the authorities.

2) Purchasing steroids is already illegal, but purchasing prohormones can have implications as well. As I already said, on all bottles of prohormones there is a label saying "Not for use for individuals under 18". That is not just printed on there as a joke, that is on there for a reason. If you bought these substances underage and then got into trouble or had one of the side effects listed above from taking these, what do you think your parents are going to do? They are probably going to sue the manufacturer, sue the seller, and possibly contact their congressmen demanding these substances be banned. You just screwed everyone because you were in a hurry to get some quick muscle. Take into consideration the rest of us before you make your irresponsible purchases.

Please read this over and think about what your goals are a long time before you decide to take your health into jeopardy and risk legal repercussions by using prohormones and steroids as a teenager. You not only endanger yourself, but all of us who want to or may want to use prohormones one day. We all want to have good gains and have pefect bodies, thats why we're here. But rushing into things and abusing susbstances is not the answer. There is absolutely no justification for teenagers to use prohormones or steroids. None. So, before you decide to use them - please take some time out, and make a post describing your training, diet and supplemenation. I know that me and the other members of the board would be more than happy to help you make some changes to your diet and training to help gain naturally, without the use of androgens. Doing this, you will save us all a a lot of grief.
    Last edited by RippedUp; 10-08-2003 at 10:13 PM.

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Illegal Drugs

The discussion of Illegal drugs (marijuana, *******, heroin, etc.) is prohibited in this forum.

These topics belong in the misc. forum, NOT in here.

Threads discussing the use of AAS belong in the steroids forum, NOT in here.

Threads will be moved without warning.

Thanks.
    Last edited by derekmac; 03-07-2004 at 10:18 AM.