Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    It's Time to go APE! ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION's Avatar
    ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

IntraStack before and after pics

texaslifter89[/B]

Before

After pics

Who we are and what we stand for as a company:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/supplement-company-of-the-month-athletic-edge.html?searchterm=athletic

Our latest pre-workout article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/two-steps-to-kill-workout-fatigue.html

Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AthleticEdgeNutrition?ref=ts&fref=ts

SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Oddball8945 View Post

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION

IntraXcell
    Beta-Alanine
    Carnosine Booster

]

Review-

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...81&postcount=1

The Above stack is one which I have used and considering it is the only stack from Athletic Edge I consider it the best. For me, the stack was one of the best in terms of endurance etc. Intraxecell has convinced me that the quality and extra ingredients in IntraXcell are adding to the benifits of BA alone and help me to endure each session and push out that extra rep and recover much faster between sets VRS Bulk BA no doubt.

AEN has strict quality control so I know I am getting what I pay for so thats a thumbs up from the start. Another reason I really liked IntraXcell was that its aswome for dieters as it is not adding any caloric value to a diet and will help keep up user intensity during a cut.

Now if I were to create a dream stack then it would be IntraXcell + SteelEdge & of course Intrabolic. Ovbiously IntraXcell would be a must staple for me from the endurance benifits alone , but to add in the aswome solid pre workout effects of SteelEdge would take me workouts to the max. Then add in Intrabolic and I would have the ultimate stack. Excellent endurance and
    energy during workouts and then excellent recovery and muscle building potential (That is,if diet is in check ) all from products made with strict quality control.
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Beast2Be View Post

General Overview of Today's workout:

-I really didn't think the Intrabolic would effect me on the first day, but boy it did! My endurance was clearly up during my workout and I had a tingly sensation that i've never felt before. I've used numerous BA products in the past but this was the first one that actually gave me "the tingles". That obviously say's something about the quality of Intrabolic As for my strength, I didn't notice much of anything. My squat max hasn't changed in a couple months but im hoping to hit a new PR later in my log. Overall though I am extremely impressed with Intrabolic. My endurance was up, I had tingles all over, and I even had a little more energy than usual

Thoughts on Fresh Green Apple Intrabolic:

Taste- I was a little skeptical about the new "Fresh Green Apple" flavor. I have never tried an Apple flavor product and figured it wouldn't taste a thing like it. Well, when I opened the bottle it smelt absolutely delicious. The scent had a sweet apple smell to it, which brought my hopes up a bit. So I tossed 1 scoop of Intrabolic into my shaker with water and let it sit for about 5 minutes (after shaking). I began to sip on it on the way to the gym, and finished it just as I got done lifting. But anyways, the taste was alot better than I had expected. I felt like I watered it down too much, but it really didn't taste all that bad.

Mixability- I put 1 scoop of Intrabolic in a shaker with 20 ounces of water, and a couple ice cubes. I shook it for a good 30 seconds and let it sit for about 5 minutes. It was foamy for the first couple minutes but it ended up mixing very well. I shook it once more before I opened it, and had no clumps of foam

Thoughts- I felt like I watered down the Intrabolic too much. 20 ounces doesn't seem like alot, but I also threw 4-5 ice cubes in to make it colder. The taste was definitely good, but im going to experiement with 16 ounces and 2-3 ice cubes tomoroww to see if it makes a difference
    A nice review of IntrAbolic the new flavour
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rizzog466 View Post
    You can follow my log here for other details:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=108766891

Everyone knows how solid this formula is, so I'm not going into detail about the ingredients, because the research is there to back it up and there are plenty of reviews on how well it works.

This is just a quick review of the new flavor (and a couple other things ) since everyone probably just wants to know how it tastes, so here you go!

Packaging: 10/10 - Just thought I would throw this in there, nice shiny labels, and I like shiny things

Mixability: 9/10 - Put one scoop in 16 oz water, shake, let sit for 5 minutes, shake again, and it was pretty much mixed. A few white particles in the bottom didn't mix, but nothing serious. You probably wouldn't even notice if you weren't really looking, but I was My water bottle holds about 24 oz water, so after I mixed it in 16 oz I filled the rest with ice to make sure it was COLD!

Taste: 10/10 - This is hands down the best tasting supplement I have ever tried! The flavor tastes exactly like some candy I had when I was a kid. I can't remember what it is but it will come to me eventually. Unfortunately I have never tried the other flavors of IntrAbolic so I can't compare, but I really can't imagine anything tasting better than this. I thought the AEN guys were just hyping the taste up, but it is amazing. Especially when its ICE cold! It starts off with a sort of orange juice taste and finishes with a nice fruity candy mix lol. But its not overly sweet or anything, just perfect. I usually have some of my Xtend/PW left over for cardio but I finished this today before I even hit the treadmill! I would drink this all the damn time, I can't say enough about the flavor, its my new all time favorite!!!

Now go get some and enjoy!

PreSurge = Pre WO.

It's Time to go APE! ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION's Avatar
    ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mickfootie View Post

IntraStack Final Review :

As i have been on this stack now for 3-4 months i think it is time to give my overall thoughts, feelings and results.

I have used these before but not on a long term basis. The results from the shorter run where great so i ran it longer term to see how much better this stack could get. What can i say.......................

THIS STACK IS AWESOME !

I started to see results in the gym within the first couple of weeks as far as endurance and strength increases. This only improved on each and every workout. I actually started to use the IntrAbolic for Cardio sessions too and this enhanced my progress even further.
    My recovery was excellent and was ready for another workout very quickly and never had to drag my ass to gym. I was always up for it and ready to go even after coming off my night shift workoing.

As for prolonged use of the IntraStack, this was more impressive to me.
    At around the 6-8 week mark i saw definate improvements in my body composition and lowered BF. 'The Mirror never lies'....
    My strength and endurance only got better and better too with the more i was on the stack. This in total made for some very intense and focused workouts and so allowed me to really push myself the extra mile.... so to speak....

I finished off at 170lb in weight and a fall in BF% to 16.8%. My weight is only up by 2lb on when i started but has been on a more consistant basis instead of fluctuations. Also with the BF% down from 17.5% to 16.8% i probably gained more on the lean mass side. My body shape changed throughout and photo's through the log can be seen.

This is definatley a STACK that ALL should be considering to add to there regimes as it will really enhance what you have already got in strength/endurance and body shape.
    This is now at the center of my supplement regime and i think it will be for a long time to come. I will however be laying off the IXL for a 4 week break before starting on it again for another 3 months at least.

IntraStack Verdict - An Awesome 10/10 without question.

That is all for now folks and i will be doing some other logs in the near future so please look out for them.........

A link to the log if interested - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=106460061

More
    Who we are and what we stand for as a company:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/supplement-company-of-the-month-athletic-edge.html?searchterm=athletic

Our latest pre-workout article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/two-steps-to-kill-workout-fatigue.html

Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AthleticEdgeNutrition?ref=ts&fref=ts

Nice review by Mickfootie , I do not think there has been anyone review the IntrAstack for longer than 4 months.
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SMac2347 View Post

SMac's Sippin on NEW Citrus Intrabolic--Initial Review

First, I'd like to give a big thank you to AEN for sending me the new Citrus Intrabolic as a result of winning their "dream stack contest. I had used Intrabolic once before and was really happy with the results, and thus was very eager to try the new flavor. Below is my initial review; I plan on running a new stack in about 2 weeks, of which this Intrabolic will be a key component, and as a result I will not immediately be posting a log of my thoughts regarding Intrabolic. However, I was way too excited to wait until then to try Intrabolic, and figured I owed the people at AEN some sort of feedback, so here it is!

Appearance
    I find it worth mentioning that the new, updated label is pretty sweet. I definitely approve, and it clearly stands out.

Smell
    Okay, so when I finally popped open the tub, I was really interested to see how this new Citrus Ice flavor smelled. Much to my surprise, it did not smell like an orange; in fact, I did not even get a whiff of anything citrus-like. Honestly, believe it or not, it smelled, at least to me, like a carton of McDonald's French Fries! I did a double take, and smelled it a few more times, and the scent was unshakeable. Not sure why this is, but I definitely find it appealing!

Mixability
    Initially had quite a bit of foam and some floating particles in my water bottle (mixed it w/ 20 oz of cold water). However, following the mixing directions as posted on the bottle, everything was completely dissolved by the time I hit the gym after my short ride there. Really no issues here whatsoever.

Taste
    And now for the most important thing (aside from performance)--the taste. After my findings regarding the smell, I was really unsure what to expect. Well, simply put the taste is great! I am not a fan of things that are orange-flavored, and the original version of the green apple Intrabolic tasted really bitter to me, but I really enjoyed this flavor. Taste is hard to describe; not really orange-ish, the best way I can describe it as a simple citrus type flavor. Not overpowering, but not too weak either. It's really just an awesome job flavoring wise.

Other thoughts
    Muscular endurance seemed a bit improved as opposed to normal, and I had a really good chest workout today. Other aspects are too hard to really account for and quantify after only one use. Was really shocked to find that I did not get any tingling, especially because I always had it in the past. I have not used any beta alanine products for quite some time, so I was prepped to feel some tingling, but I felt only the slightest twinge in my hands towards the end of my workout; otherwise I felt nothing. Not sure what caused this, and I did not take it w/ or really near eating any carbs, but I'm not complaining.

Overall, great stuff and I look forward to using the rest of the tub.
    Second review out on the new CITRUS flavor IntrAbolic. So far 2 for 2 on positive feedback.
    “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

~-~-~The Brain Bulwark~-~-~
    www.masterminds.thebrainbulwark.com
    Free E-Book for 5 ways to improve your cognition and mental abilities.

Originally Posted by RyanGrob View Post

AEN Citrus IntrAbolic Miniview

Just tried my first workout with Citrus IntrAbolic. Never used IntrAbolic before but after looking at the profile and getting in on AEN's pre-sale I couldn't pass it up. Wish I would have ordered more tubs

Price
    Got it during the pre-sale for the new citrus flavor. Price is still good for 20 servings since there is no need to ever go over one scoop per workout. Even with it's price normally it's well worth its value.
    9/10

Mixability
    Heard the sweet spot for this stuff is 12-16oz so I decided to use 14oz of cold water. Shook it up (in a camelback bottle mind you) and most dissolved instantly. Put it in the freezer for 20 mins and it was completely dissolved. Put 4 ice cubes in and was on my way. It mixes VERY well, almost completely before I let it sit in the freezer. By the time you are ready to go, this will be as smooth as water
    10/10

Taste
    Well, after hearing about the first gen of the Green Apple IntrAbolic I was a bit nervous seeing as how it didn't get rave reviews on the taste aspect. If the new Green Apple is anywhere near the taste of Citrus then WOW. This tasted absolutely delicious. I can't really put my finger on what it tastes like, but everything was top notch. Wasn't too sweet, wasn't chalky or dull and it sure as hell wasn't bad. Best testing intra workout supplement I've ever tasted. Between this and torrent post workout, I'm in heaven.
    10/10

Effects
    The most important category IMO and in it, Citrus IntrAbolic shines. After going over the profile I knew it was going to be effective but never effective as it really was. Energy and endurance were amazing. I took it with RPM and the combo worked extremely well. The tingling was awesome; let me know that it was kicking in and working. I hope that my workouts will continue with this type of intensity.
    10/10

Overall
    In a nutshell, I wish I would have bought more Great workout today and can't wait for the next. IntrAbolic now has a reserved seat on my shelf.
    9.75/10
    Another great review for the NEW Citrus Ice IntrAbolic
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Smile

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
    Another great review for the NEW Citrus Ice IntrAbolic
    Citrus Ice looks nice!

A nice review by B2B

Originally Posted by Beast2Be View Post

Final Review on the "IntraStack"

Ingredients/Profile - (10/10)

Looking at the profile alone should make someone want to buy it. First, i'll go over Intrabolic. With Whey Protein Hydrolysates, 5g Leucine, 3.2g Beta-Alanine, a great amount of Free-form amino acids and Minerals, what more could you ask for. This is hand's down one of the best intra-workout profiles I have EVER seen. Now let's take a look at IntraXCell. It has a sufficient dose of BA (2g), NAC, and Alpha Lipoic Acid. Just take 1 serving (3 caps) and your good to go

Value/Price - (10/10)

I've seen alot of people complain about the price of these products. What there not seeing is that AEN uses the highest quality ingredients possible, and still offers them at a reasonable price. Sure something like Xtend is cheaper, but does it's profile compare to Intrabolic, I think not! Take a quick glance at the profile of both products and tell me there not worth it

Anyone who uses Beta-Alanine for the first time will experience "the tingles". I've used several BA products over the past year or so and only had the tingles on a couple occassions. My first few doses of Intrabolic gave me tingles like I have never felt before. I felt them in my arms, calves, and hands. The effect was far more noticeable than what I have experienced from other products. This tells you something about the quality of AEN's products

Taste - (9/10)

It took me a couple of days to get the taste just right on "Fresh Green Apple". I've found that 16oz of water is the sweet spot. It's not too watered down, but not too strong either. It really does taste and smell like Green Apples, which was a surprise to me. I have never tasted a "good" intra-workout supplement before (besides Xtend). Im giving this a 9 out of 10 because it could be a little bit more sweet, in my opinion. Definitely a refreshing taste though!

Energy/Endurance - (10/10)

Easily the greatest thing about the IntraStack. My energy and endurance throughout the past 4 weeks has never been greater. I've been decreasing my calories every 2 or so weeks, cycling my carbs, and dropping weight by the week. You would think that being on a cut would make your workouts "dull" due to the lack of energy from carbs/calories. With the IntraStack, I never had this problem. There were days that I took in less than 100 carbs, yet I had a TON of energy and endurance throughout my training and cardio session

The majority of my training revolves around Supersets. Usually, I have to rest around 2 minutes between each superset to feel fully recovered and ready to hit the weights again. Throughout the past couple of weeks, I have been able to keep my rest periods to 1 minute or less and still have enough energy/strength to get good sets in. Im never tired during training, and surprisingly still have energy after my workout to do cardio. There were days that I hit the weights for 60-75 minutes and was able to run 2-3 miles afterwards with ease!

The greatest part about it is that it only gets better by the workout. I was pleased with the increased endurance after the first couple workouts, but it's been even better as of lately! I couldn't imagine how good your endurance would be if you cycled Intrabolic/IntraXCell for months at a time I'll be able to see though due to the fact that 2 tubs of Citrus Intrabolic are on the way

Strength/Pumps - (10/10)

After losing 5 pounds in 4 weeks you would think my strength would suffer. Will guess what, it didn't Over the past couple weeks I have been able to increase the number of reps on several exercises. Being able to do this on a cut was truly surprising to me. I'd like to see what kind of gains would be seen on a bulk

As far as pumps goes, it was nothing out of the ordinary. Considering Intrabolic is not made for a "pump", im not dissapointed. There were several occasions that I would feel a full body pump during a workout. The extra endurance you receive from these products helps you workout at a higher intensity, therefore giving you better/increased pumps

Would I recommend the "IntraStack"?

HELL YES I would! The IntraStack has far exceeded my expectations and has given "intra-workout" supplementation a new meaning. AEN makes top quality products and offers them at an affordable price. Whether your trying to cut, bulk, or recomp, the IntraStack would make for a great addition. The increased endurance will give you some of the best workouts and cardio sessions you will EVER experience. At least try the products and see what you think. They will not disappoint

PreSurge = Pre WO.

Thumbs up

We will be doing in store demo's, starting in JULY for Florida, Texas and New Jersey.

Let us know if you have a certain one (Vitamin Shoppe) in those states that you are close to and when the time comes, we can let you know when we will be there!!

AEN... FTW!!!
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Originally Posted by donoh View Post

AEN IntrAbolic Citrus Ice

I was lucky enough to win a tub of AEN's IntrAbolic Citrus Ice in the "That Stack is a Perfect 10" promo. Lucky for me it arrived last friday and I just cracked her open yesterday. I have used IntrAbolic in the pasy, about 2 tubs. I still have 2 tubs of the old Green Apple so this will be a nice change of pace.

Opening: Seeing the new bigger bottle and newly redesigned label was a nice change. I like the bigger bottle as it still fits in my cabinet. Very shiney as well Opening the tub the smell was awesome. Really smelt like a blend or Orange/Lemon/Mango mix. I had to wait until later in the day to get my first taste though.

Taste: The taste was great! I mixed it in 14oz of frosty water from the freezer. Sipping on it made me think of some form of a mixed orange juice drink. Like a orange/pineapple juice. I really liked it.

Mixability: Not a problem here. I have never had a problem with mixing my IntrAbolic.

Color: The Orange color is different. I don't think I have tried an Orange colored supplement before so I like it.

Overall: This is a great product everyone should try. I did notice more endurance during my workout since I had been off of IntrAbolic for over 2 weeks and now I'm hooked again. Thanks AEN!
    10/10
    New Citrus review
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Originally Posted by cm383706 View Post

FINAL REVIEW - IntrAbolic and IntraXCell = AEN's Intrastack

I just wanna thank the guys over at AEN for giving me the oppurtunity to log with awesome stack.

IntrAbolic - Fresh Green Apple

Cyberstore Link
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ae/intrabolic.html

Taste: 7.5/10
    The first couple of times I used this flavor I really didn't like it. But I used more water after the first couple of times and made sure it was cold. The flavor really grew on me. I really began to enjoy sipping on this flavor throughout my workout. I'm not the biggest fan of apple flavorings but this was better then expected.

Mixability: 9/10
    I usually would mix a serving of IntrAbolic with about 32 oz. of water. A few shakes of the bottle and letting it sit for a minute or two let all of the powder mix well. Every once in a while there would be a clump or two but nothing major.

Effectiveness: 9/10
    This product is great! Throughout the majority of this log I never used a stim before a workout, maybe a cup of coffee here or there, but that was it. I really wanted to put this to test. Sometimes going into my workout I would be sluggish and have little motivation. But after I started sipping on IntrAbolic I would just get the desire to lift more and push my limits. IntrAbolic made me never wanna leave the gym!

Overall: 8.5/10
    The flavor wasn't the best but it wasn't bad either. This is a very good overall product. The price per serving is something that may come into play when purchasing a product like this. But to be honest if you are looking to go off of stims for a while it is well worth the money. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a great Intraworkout supplement.

IntraXCell

Cyberstore Link
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ae/intra.html

Taste: N/A - it's a pill

Mixability: N/A - it's a pill

Effectiveness and Overall: 9/10
    Sometimes it's hard to judge the effectiveness of a product like this because unlike IntrAbolic you aren't drinking it during a workout or drinking it PWO or something. But I have honestly seen great results with IntraXCell. Along with IntrAbolic they worked great together as a non-stim combo. But after I finished off my IntrAbolic I continued taking IntraXCell pre and post WO per the directions on the bottle. I have still felt energized throughout my workouts and have felt many of the same benefits as I did while taking both. One thing that I really like about IntraXCell is that if I took my PWO dose on the way to work after the gym or something it gave me that extra kick in the ass to stay energized and focused throughout the day.

Stack Review - 8.5/10
    As I said before the flavor could be improved but isn't bad for a supplement. The stack may be on the pricier side for some but if you are going for a non-stim stack then it is well worth the money. Beta-Alanine is deffinatly a great component to this stack and these two products together give you a full serving of BA everyday! If you are looking to push the limits in the gym and break through endurance barriers without the use of a stim, then this stack is for you! By themselves they are awesome but together they are even better. I would deffinatly consider purchasing the stack in the future.

FRESH GREEN APPLE/ INtrAstack Review
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Arrow

Originally Posted by dbc5 View Post

The IntraStack
    Final Review

Measurement Gains

Weight: 182lbs---->181.5lbs (-.5lbs)
    Arms: 15.375"---->15.375" (no change)
    Chest: 40.5"---->40.5"(no change)
    Shoulders: 47.875"---->47.875"(no change)
    Waist: 31.5625"---->31.375"(-.1875")
    Calves: 15.25"---->15.3125"(+.0625)
    Thighs: 23.375"---->23.5"(+.125)
    Forearms: 13.25"---->13.375"(+.125")
    *I am really happy to see that all my hard work both in the gym and on the diet have payed off based on these measurements. As I stated early on in this log, doing a log again really ignited a whole new level of intensity and dedication. I only had one cheat meal the entirety of this log and that was a forced cheat because of family obligated parties for an entire day. I started off this log still cutting, but I decided early on that I didnt want to lose anymore weight and instead decided to instead to a slow lean bulk (almost a recomp type diet). Based on the numbers Im seeing, I would definitely say it worked as I was able to put on size in my legs and still go down slightly in waist size. Legs were an area that I sort of focused on since I had a slight lay off on them before this log started because of a knee injury, so Im sure muscle memory was partly in play on the gains I made there. Still, I really locked in on each leg day and was determined to work them as hard as I could, so Im happy to see improvements in them.

Strength Gains

Decline Dumbell Bench Press: 85lbs 4reps---->85lbs 7reps
    Bent Over Barbell Rows: 155lbs 8reps---->155lbs 9reps
    Upright Barbell Rows: 110lbs 7reps---->110lbs 8reps
    Squats: 275lbs 1rep---->305lbs 1rep
    Standing DB Curls: 45lbs 5reps---->45lbs 7reps
    Close Grip Bench Press: 195lbs 5reps---->195lbs 6reps
    *So as you can see, strength gains were made and while they werent huge, they were pretty steady. The one big increase was on legs, but again, alot of that was muscle memory kicking in from the lay off I had on legs before this log started. Still, I was happy to see the strength gains I made, especially considering I was mostly doing a recomp/lean bulk without a major calorie surplus. Also, while I wasnt making huge increases in strength on this log, I was adding reps across sets which I fully believe (based on both this log and past experience) is do to beta alanine. I love this ingredient and my experience with it is that the endurance boost yields extra reps here and there, and allow you to push out extra reps on those second, third, and forth sets once the muscle is already starting to fatigue. Really, the diet I was on was tailored more towards physique improvement than strength improvement, so these numbers about meet my expectations.

IntraBolic Thoughts: First off, the reason AEN was looking for testers was to get feedback on the new improved apple flavor, so that is where I will start my commentary. Note that I have no experience with Intrabolic prior to this run, so I cannot compare this improvement to the original version. However, I definitely feel like AEN did an excellent job with the flavoring of this version. My first few servings were very pleasant and its definitely one of those flavors that grows on you the more you consume it. It isnt a sour apple taste that you typical get with supplements, but rather a straight up apple flavor. Definitely enjoyable and refreshing. While it isnt my favorite flavored supplement, i would put it in my top 5. Also note I was mixing it in 22oz of water which is slightly more than they typically recommend. Now on to the effects. This is definitely one of the better profiles of an intraworkout product out there. I honestly feel that outside of BCAAs, beta alanine is the best ingredient an intraworkout product can have (in case you cant tell, BA is one of if not my favorite ingredients for performance enhancment). Intrabolic has that covered in a hefty dose. Paired with IntraXcell its everything you need BA wise. The real novelty with this profile is the hydrolyzed whey protein, which is something you dont find in any other intraworkout products. AEN is definitely a company I respect because they base their products on research and make all their decisions based on science. In the gym, this is definitely one of the best intraworkouts available. One of the things I really like about it is that it discloses the amount of beta alanine so you know how much more you must supplement daily. Endurance was solid on this product, and once the beta alanine has boosted carnosine levels, increased performance numbers are there to be had by all in the gym. Also, recovery wise, this stuff is pretty damn good. With the exception of leg days (which I have never found a product that can prevent DOMS after an intense leg day) or when re-introducing an excercise that hadnt been performed in awhile, DOMS were very minimal during this log. This was really nice during the first week and a half when I was still cutting because as we all know, DOMS increase as carbs and calories go down. Overall, this is a very uniquely formulated product that I would recommend to someone looking to try something that takes a different approach to intraworkout supplementation. AEN is a stand up, respectable company with effective research based products that I have no problem supporting.

IntraXcell Thoughts: In case I havent made it obvious yet, beta alanine is one of my favorite supplement ingredients. AEN is the leader in this ingredient and provides a ton of research and information regarding it. I fully believe without AEN this ingredient wouldnt have gotten the publicity and recognition it now has in the industry. I had always used bulk beta alanine in the past to reach whatever I wasnt getting through my other supplements. However, when i run out of my current bulk stash, I plan to switch over to IntraXcell. My reasoning is as follows. First, I like to support the research that AEN has put out and the wealth of information they provide about this ingredient. I have no problem spending a little bit more in support of a company providing this type of awareness. Second, IntraXcell includes more then just beta alanine and like all of their supplements, each ingredient was selected based on the research. Finally, I will only need to take 1 serving per day (except off days) because of my religious use of Core ABC, so cost wont be a problem. Definitely a product I recommend to anyone not taking beta alanine or just looking to top off a full days dosage not met by their other supplements.

Thoughts on Products as a Stack: Pretty obvious here, stacking these products together allows you to exceed/reach your full daily beta alanine needs. Beta alanine is an awesome ingredient and IntraXcell is the best straight beta alanine centered product on the market. Obviously these products stack extremely well together.

Random Thoughts: The only thing I was disappointed with during this log is that my Intrabolic tub was 2 servings short. First, be sure to measure out each serving because the scoop is too large for a serving size. When filled completely it was almost 10 grams too much. This is something I recommend with every product as companies are forced to pick the best matched scoop size for their product, but they very often do not match up perfectly. Its just not an option for them as they are forced to pick the closest match from presized scoops and dont get to custom make them for their product. As a result, I measured out each and every serving to exactly 24 grams. Now considering I was given these products to log, I really cant complain. However, If I had spent my hard earned money on this (and lets be honest, it isnt cheap) I would be pretty upset about this. In no way does this take away from AEN as Im sure this was just a singular incident as no one else has mentioned this and as I said, I believe AEN is one of the most standup companies out there and I have the utmost respect for them. I just felt this is something I should mention.

The Wrap Up: All around I was very happy with the way this log went. Diet and training were spot on throughout. I had been out of the logging game for awhile, but getting back into it really put my training and commitment on an entirely different level. The combination of this log and the OBF competition I am doing in the supp misc has been incredibly motivating. I want to sincerely thank AEN for the opporutnity and everyone who followed along, commented, and encouraged me through the process. Special thanks to Showtime, WannaGetLean, and BigLa for stopping by consistently and pushing me. I really appreciate the kind words. They mean alot. For anyone who is currently considering the IntraStack, its definitely good stuff.

*I realize the review is long, but I wanted to give AEN the detail they deserve based on the opportunity they provided me. Enjoy the read

*Progress pictures will be posted either later tonight or tomorrow

A amazing and detailed review!
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Originally Posted by Peter LeDrew View Post

Here is my final review of the new Citrus Ice flavor of 2007-2008 bodybuilding/performance enhancing Product of the Year!

IntrAbolic by Athletic Edge Nutrition http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ae/intrabolic.html

It is a steal for what you get at $35.99. Only need to take this every workout and you are guaranteed to get complete workout nutrition. It is very potent compared to other like-minded products that you can dose 1/2 serving to last you 40 servings and still get results.

10/10 Formula: - Absolutely nothing has changed even though the taste has been improved from the old fresh green apple. The same high quality Intra-Peptides from Whey Hydrolysate: Some info from AEN's Sebastian Balcombe on just one of the many effective ingredients in IA.

IntrAbolic's-Whey protein Hydrolysate (WPH)

One of the most exciting new areas in intra-workout supplementation is the use of an advanced whey processing technique called enzymatic hydrolysis. When whey protein is processed in this fashion, it is referred to as whey protein hydrolysate (WPH). Regular whey protein becomes WPH by going through a process that partially pre-digests the proteins, breaking them down into shorter chain amino acids called peptides. This is achieved by treating the protein with enzymes and various purification procedures. These advanced processing techniques closely resembles the human digestive process so these peptides do not have to undergo the typical slow digestive process of intact proteins.

However, not all whey protein hydrolysates (WPH) are created equal. There are varying degrees(%) of how much hydrolysis (breakdown of proteins into short chain peptides) the whey protein has undergone. A low degree of hydrolysis will leave you with a high amount of inferior polypeptides and little to NO di-and tripeptides.

The custom WPH we use in IntrAbolic (over 30% of hydrolyzed) is THE optimal intra-workout WPH, as the high degree of hydrolysis they have undergone, supply's 70-80% rapidly absorbed, low-molecular weight di-and tripeptides(IntraBolic-Peptides).

Why do we care so much about these short chain di-and tripeptides you may ask? Unlike standard intact proteins and long chain peptides, di-and tripeptides do not have to undergo the typical slow digestive process and can be absorbed intact. Their unique properties also allow them to utilize a highly efficient system in the GI tract, specifically designed to rapidly transport di-and tripeptides. Due to the digestive process, standard intact proteins are slow to be absorbed and enter the bloodstream. As previously stated, di-and tripeptides are rapidly absorbed and released into the blood. This causes a large spike in the concentration of extracellular amino acids. Research has shown, it is extracellular amino acid concentrations that stimulate and signal our cells to increase protein synthesis, maximizing the anabolic response. This is a HUGE advantage when using di-and tripeptides when comparing them to intact proteins from a typical protein supplement. Not only do di-and tripeptides spike amino acid concentrations quickly in the blood, they also take advantage of the intra-workout window of opportunity by delivering large amounts of amino acids into the blood intra-workout, feeding and fueling working muscles.

The advantages of di-and tripeptides taken intra-workout don?t end there. Due to their ability to cause this large amino acid spike in the blood, research has shown they can increase the levels of the hormone insulin. Insulin fights against muscle breakdown occurring DURING your workout and makes amino acids even more anabolic.

From a practical standpoint, rapid and efficient absorption also makes these short chain peptides ideal during your workouts as they will not cause bloating or stomach discomfort like other intact proteins.

Check the panels of products that contain WPH and look for the percentage of hydrolysis the whey has undergone. If they do not disclose the degree (%) of hydrolysis on the label, be warned as it may be VERY low. Do not mistake the percentage of how much of the product protein is coming from WPH for the degree (%)of hydrolysis the WPH has undergone as they are not the same or even related. For example, a protein powder could contain all of its protein from WPH (100% WPH) but the degree of hydrolysis the whey has undergone is only 5-10%, which is very low and much less costly to make than a high WPH (25-30%). On the contrary, IntrAbolic, which also contains 100% of it's protein from WPH, utilizes an OVER 30% WPH, that supplies 70-80% low molecular rapid absorbing di-and tripeptides.

In summary: The perfect intra-workout protein source is WPH, such as that used by IntrAbolic, suppling primarily low-molecular weight, di-and tripeptides. These are the most efficient and effective way to supply amino acids into your blood during your workouts to maximize the anabolic response, fight against muscle breakdown, improve exercise performance and prime your body for recovery. They are also the best from a practicality standpoint.

The superiority of Whey Hydro over casein was recenty shown in a study I believe... Seb or anyone have that on hand??

9.5/10 Taste: Considering the high quality hydro which naturally is one of the worst tasting ingredients to use, AEN has done an amazing job to disguise them... Citrus Ice is VERY NICE! I was getting tired of the old apple as I use this EVERY workout and needed a change up.
    I would like to try the new apple though.
    I have tried this with ice cubes in my BPA FREE Blender Bottle and it goes perfect real cold. I have tried it with added orange flav. from my Nestea tea powder which adds polyphenols from tea and they make a great combo for even more enhanced flav.

Having this taste improved so much and the flav. options really excites me because I need this IA every workout to get out of my workouts what I put in.

Bottom line this is a great tasting, thirst quenching muscle drink. Ice cubes in 16oz water or so goes down great in the gym.
    Only a couple products have rated higher in taste for me and that is rare. It is IntrAbolicous!

10/10 Mixibility: This mixes as great as my old apple did. Perfect! Best whey, EAA, Leucine, BA, etc... ingredient product I have ever used and I have used quite a few... I don't know why it mixes so well, but it does and NOT one drop of sweet EAA + WHEY HYDRO + LEUCINE + BA is wasted. Many popular similar minded products on bb.com mix horribly compared to this IA. Many people have no idea!

It mixes like a 7/10 in the first minute, but let it sit a few more minutes and you have a pure orange drink with just a little froth on top, but no unmixed ingredients remain on the bottom or sides.

10/10 NEW LOOK!! WOW this is looking sharp. Pictures don't lie so I included a couple pics of the new IntrAbolic as well as one of the new IntraXCell labels. Seb and AEN are constantly looking to improve and perfection is being invented each time.
    I included a pic that compared the new IA with the older IA labels as well as the leaner, taller container... I guess the IA is leaning up the containers as well? The pic could of came out a little clearer so it doesn't do it complete justice in the super zoom mode. See it in person and you will understand.

IntrAbolic produces results!

9.9999 OVERALL My favorite workout product just got better!

So much better I ordered 9 jugs of this Citrus Ice IntrAbolic That shows how much I believe in and stand by this product having used it since Oct. 2007. As a non-rep and consumer like you, I put my money into products that deliver and this does it and more. I wouldn't lead you astray!

As always AEN is one of the companies I truely trust to have inside their products, what they say is on the inside... From the beginning IntrAbolic was stamped with the GMP seal of approval. Helping to raise the bar on production standards.
    http://www.crnusa.org/PR07_CRN_GMPs062207.html

Kudos AEN!

P
    Another quality review
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Talking

Another quality review
    You're simply too nice... in all honesty my review doesn't even come close to doing IntrAbolic Citrus Ice justice, but prepare for The Great Wall of IntrAbol(ic).

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fatboystick View Post

The Fatboystick Times

The Final Review

Sunday July 6th, 2008

Front Page News
    Welcome back for a special editition of the Fatboystick Times. This issue is the final review AND it marks the first time I've included a video commentary. Take it easy on me...lol...first time I've done the video thing. First of all i'd like to thank Showtime and Sebastian for this opportunity. I hope i have meet and exceeded thier expectations. If not, please let me know what i can improve on. I'm learning everyday. This product started out a little slow...but, that was mentioned. It was stated by the reps multiple times that you need to be a little patient and let it run its course. Well, i was and it certainly ran its course. Towards the end of week two and until completion of the log, the product really kicked in. In fact, i attribute the success of my workouts mostly to theIntraStack, with my lack of suffieinct sleep, i reaslly had no right putting out some of what i did. If you are looking for a COMPLETE intraworkout supplement and BA supplement..this will do the trick. Ok, on to the ratings category. Thank you everyone who has been following along. I will continue to monitor this log and will be answering all questions to the best of my ability.
    • Focus: 9/10.This aspect improved right away and continued to improve on a daily basis. Very happy with this area.
    • Energy: 9/10.Like focus, this aspect improved day two and continued to improve on a daily basis. There were times where i had to force myself to leave gym. I loved this area.!
    • Endurance : 10/10 Same can be said here as energy plus some. This aspect was unbelievable. I was able to bust out my workouts easily and was able to walk my route without any lag. This area was by far the best area.
    • Strength : 8/10 This area took the longest to see any kind of improvement, but it kinda sneaks up on you. If you look back thru my log, you will see consisitent improvements on my rep range. My weights went up some, but biggest improvements were in ease of increasing reps! Very nice.
    • Pump : 7/10This kinda sneaks up on ya as well, i did not see the pumps that some of the other guys did, but i did notice some better ones towards the end. NOTE: this was not really a major area of concern for me as far as this product goes. I noticed very few tingling as well compared to others and this is first time i've done a BA product. That really doesnt mean a thing though, everybody reacts differently.
    • Overall: 9/10This product delivered...bottom line....and i'm confidnet it would continue to improve. I noticed improvements daily and VERY good improvements the last week....see my last week of workouts!!!!
    • TASTE: 9/10
      The taste was nothing special at first, BUT..i gotta be honest with ya...i crave th edamn flavor now. It really grows on ya. Very happy with it overall.
    • MIXABILITY: 9/10This product mixes easily. I put it in 20oz of COLD water, threw in a few cubes and shook it about 20 seconds...let it sit for a few minutes...shook it again for about 10 seconds...just like water fellas!

Sports News

Wow, i am so proud of my Brew Crew...hold on, gotta find some wood to knock on. They are palying very well right now...in fact, have the best record in the majors over the last 40 games. NOW...to top it off...they are in talks of getting Cy Young winner C.C. Sabathia....damn....can you imagine C.C. and Ben Sheets to start your rotation, then you still have young phenom Manny Parra (winner of 8 straight), wiley vet Jeff suppan and ummm coming out of no where...Seth McClung. Ok....Packers. Is Brett coming out of retirement? I think it is a strong possibilty. Man...im getting the shivrs right now thinking about football. Oh Yeaaaahhhh!!!!

WEATHER

Here's a quick look at todays weather here in good ol' Queen Creek, AZ.

• Clear with a High of 106 and a low of 82
    • Day:Mostly sunny, slight chance of showers. Monsson season...who the hell really knows...hehe. High 106F, humidity 10%. Winds SW at 10 mph.
    • Night: Partly cloudy w/ chance of showers. Low 82F. Winds SW at 10 mph.

Nutrition News

Fatboystick's Intake

Disclaimer: The following is my routine daily intake. The portions and order of them may vary and changed as deemed necessary. This should not be attempted by anyone NOT wanting desired results! Everyone is different and reaction varies per case.

Meal #1
    Pre-workout...5am
    1-1 1/2 cups of oats
    2 tbs peanut butter
    Protein Shake
    3 caps BEAST 2Shredded
    Universal Uni-Livers-2 Tabs
    Animal PAK Multi-Vitamin

WORKOUT 6:15am-7:20am
    IntrAbolic-During workout
    IntraXcellc-post workout

Meal #2
    Post-workout...7:40am
    MRP
    Banana

Meal #3

9:15am
    Chicken Breast
    Brown Rice
    Animal Omegas

Meal #4
    12:30pm
    1 c 2% cottage cheese
    various fruit(s)
    Muscle Milk Mini
    3 caps BEAST 2Shredded

Meal #5
    3:30pm
    8 eggs (2 whole)
    almonds
    carrots/veggies

Meal #6
    6:30pm
    Glass of 2% Milk
    1 c cottage cheese
    2 eggs (whites only)
    pretzels/fat-free popcorn

Meal #7
    9:15pm
    Protein Only Shake

This breaks down to approximately:
    3250 total Calories
    1320 Calories from Protein (330 g)(40%)
    1120 Calories from Carbs (280 g)(35%)
    810 Calories from Fats (90 G)(25%)
    Keep in mind i do a lot of walking and am pretty active. Couple that with fairly hot weather....you get the picture. I consume around 2-2 1/2 gallons H2O per day as well. Any questions or comments...please leave them!!!

News with a View

MY TWO CENTS:
    There's a lot of things in life you are NOT gonna learn from a book, you just need to go out there and give it a try....learn as you go. You'd be amazed at what you could accomplish!
    Another review with a video too
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

EE3 Review is up!

Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    I definitely like the taste of citrus ice better than the new reflavored fresh green apple.

The taste is more orange-y than anything to me. 1 scoop in 16 oz of water + 7 ice cubes = good to drink in 100 degree weather HAHA

It is very light but you can tell the flavor is there.

After I took a few sips, I filled it up to about 30-31 oz of water. Very watered down and more light. Definitely good to sip on during a workout and not heavy at all (which is a good thing!).

I enjoyed it thoroughly and since it was so hot, I finished it faster than I thought I would!

Its smell is not as strong as fresh green apple, so people don't look at me like "wtf are you drinking?" lol I like that aspect a lot.

Cliffnotes:
    orange-y and better than green apple IMO
    light in 16 oz + 7 cubes of ice
    VERY light in 30-31 oz of ice cold water (the cubes melted )
    Formula is awesome of course, no need to say more about that... Seb, put up them studies in here plz
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Originally Posted by Squizzzer View Post

FINAL REVIEW[/center]

FIRST - i'd like to say THANKS to AEN and also sorry...this hasn't been the best log i've ever done...for some reason i haven't been as focused or as motivated as usual...so things weren't as good as the should be...so...sorry...

DOSING
    TRAINING days - one dose(24g) of Intrabolic during the workout...and one dose(3 caps) of IntraXcell post
    NON-TRAINING days - 2 doses of IntraXcell spread out throughout the day

Overall Experience
    well....these are some good products...i didn't really notice much...but pretty much on day 13 it started kicking in...and i really started feeling it...and it got better each day till the end of this log...

i really don't like doing the whole number thing(4/10 type of stuff)...i don't like quantifying subjective data...so here goes
    FOCUS - i did not notice any change in my focus
    PUMP - i got some of the best pumps i've had in a while during this log. especially the last week or so...and especially the chest which is a pretty difficult area for me to stimulate...i think the pump comes from the increased endurance allowing me to push out a few extra reps
    ENDURANCE - THIS is where this stuff shines...awesome endurance...extra reps on every set when i thought i was gonna fail...
    STRENGTH - its difficult to seperate this from endurance...i didn't notice much of an increase in pure strength...the 1-3 rep range...but higher up is where the increases came
    TASTE - this stuff takes a little to get used to...BUT once you do its good...but it really has to be cold...or it has a bit of a melon'ish taste that i don't enjoy
    FORMULA - pretty awesome...pretty awesome...i am picky though...so i would say that i'd like a little citruline malate in it...but other than that...its great...

and that's it for me...thanks for everyone's support and thanks for following along...

Another solid IntrAstack review, from this log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=108427771
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Originally Posted by rizzog466 View Post

Final Review

Initial review can be seen here

First off I just want to thank AEN for the hookup on a great product. Now that I have had the opportunity to try it I will definitely be purchasing more very soon.

A little bit of history with me and intra-workout products, here is a list and ranking of all the ones I have tried:

#1 - IntrAbolic
    #2 - Core ABC
    #3 - CL Purple Wraath
    #4 - XF ICE
    #5 - Scivation Xtend

Of course all of these are quality products, but I feel IntrAbolic's ingredients put it ahead of the rest, and the effects are very noticeable in the gym. The benefits for me were felt within the first couple days of training and continued to improved with constant use. The increase in endurance and decrease in rest times between sets was what really set this supplement apart from the others. I was able to accomplish the same workout about 10-15 minutes faster because my muscles would recover quicker and I had more energy and desire to hit that next set as soon as possible. And even though I was cutting I did not lose much weight, yet at the same time I continued to lean out, which meant I was preserving quality muscle mass and dropping fat at the same time, which is everyones ultimate goal I believe

Another aspect I found beneficial was during some intense bouts of cardio. I often do 1 hour+ of cardio everyday. Sometimes it would be all low impact, sometimes I would mix in some HIIT and hill sprints. No matter what I did, I maintained the stamina to get the job done. Believe me, it was still very intense and grueling at times, but I for the most part I never felt as if I ran out of gas. IntrAbolic really helped me train to my true potential, and plus it tastes so damn good I really started to crave it everyday lol.

Another point I would like to reiterate was my diet. I was basically on the Palumbo diet which meant very low carbs. I believe IntrAbolic is the perfect supplement for those following similar carb-depleted diets. Because I know how energy can be an issue at times and fatigue can hit you out of no where. IntrAbolic kept me going the whole time, constantly feeding my muscles with the proper nutrients they desired during some intense workouts, sometimes lasting 2.5+ hours

I know the one thing that may turn some people off is the price to serving ratio. If you look at it from purely that standpoint, then I could understand. But if you actually look at what you are getting per serving, I think the cost is justified. I know most of the others are 50-90 servings, but most people still go over the recommended amount, whereas 1 scoop of IntrAbolic is plenty.

Overall, after finally going through a tub of this product, I wholeheartedly give it a 10/10! I may try the green apple someday, but I doubt it because the Citrus is SO DAMN GOOD! But seriously, this is one of the best supplements I have ever used, and I can say this because the results in the gym speak for them self. If you have not yet had the pleasure to try this stuff, I suggest you treat yourself and pick some up, you will not regret it

Thanks again to AEN and anyone who following along Peace!
    A nice detailed review of The Citrus Ice IntrAbolic
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

If you have not tried Citrus IntrAbolic, you MAY want to check out the aen forum..HINT HINT

FREE...
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason_e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have not tried Citrus IntrAbolic, you MAY want to check out the aen forum..HINT HINT

FREE...
    wow, awesome, i just posted a review on green apple in the review section and was hoping to try citrus, hope i get to!

Thumbs up

Yeah, supplement of the year!! IntrAbolic is numero uno.

Originally Posted by jason_e View Post
    So for the past few months i've been using CL Purple Wraath and has been enjoying it, but a thread in the general supplements section comparing intrabolic, pw, and xtend persuaded me to add intrabolic to my most recent order instead of pw. Today was my first day trying it so i figured i'd throw up a quick initial review, definitely got some weird looks with the neon green intrabolic in my water bottle, i can only compare it to pw wraath as i havent tried xtend.

Mixbility: 10/10 Where as i would give pw a 9/10, intrabolic definitely gets a 10/10, i put it in my water bottle about 20 minutes before working out and by the time i started sipping it it was perfectly dissolved, very smooth with no chunks at all.

Taste: 8.5/10 I definitely like the taste better than pw, as the cough syrupy grape was starting to wear on me. The reason why it doesnt score higher is because i can taste what its trying to be but it doesnt quite get there, its a little on the weak side for my liking. If it was a little stronger it would get a 10 as i love the sweet green apple, i could see myself drinking this every workout, but i'd still love to try citrus. I mixed this in 16 oz. of water so i might experiment with other amounts to see if i like it better.

Effectiveness: 10/10 I felt noticeably better endurance, today was back/bi on my split and i was able to do 2 more reps on the top of my pyramid of db rows which i was happy about because i'm usually exhausted after work during my summer week day workouts. i was also able to do more reps on some others, including close grip pullups supersetted with behind the back bb wrist curls which i do at the end of my workout.

Price: 9/10 So obviously it is more expensive than so other inter-workout formulas, but your definetly getting much more, and if all my workouts were as good as they were today then i'm glad to pay for this.

So, in conclusion, it seems as if AEN has won over another person and intrabolic will become a staple for me. i'm looking forward to trying intrabolic citrus and intraxcell sometime in the future!
    Another review
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

A nice detailed review!

Originally Posted by Stonecoldtruth View Post

Being that for the past 3 years I have been on a continual 'obese to badass' cut, I have always been a huge advocate of not only BCAA/EAA usage, but intra-workout nutrition/supplement in general. For quite a long time I had considered trying IntrAbolic based on the massive amounts of positive reviews it had been getting. However, quite honestly, I was of the mindset of "I already have X # of Xtend and X # of Purple Wraath, why should I buy more?" BUT... As luck would have it, the amazing guys at Athletic Edge decided to offer up some samples of the Citrus Ice IntrAbolic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample 1:

Sample one was mixed with EXACTLY 16 ounces of ice cold water in a standard water bottle and shaken for approx. 20 seconds, it was then allowed to settle and dissolve for 5 minutes before beginning my workout.
    This workout was a Chest/Shoulders/Triceps lifting session followed by some should/tricep targeted cardio (in the form of speed bag work and basketball 3 pointers.

Some high points from Sample 1:

- Taste: I could tell immediately that my 'sweet spot' was going to be a little less water, as I was hit with the flavor of what seemed to be watered down orange juice with a nice WH aftertaste. I knew going into this sampling that due to the WH in the product is was going to be a biatch to flavor, however even with the weakened flavor I was pleasantly suprised.

- Recovery: Having been on some form of Intraworkout supplementation for a LONG time now I'm very used to my typical intraworkout recovery rates. My usual recovery rate was literally BLOWN out the window. I was able to push myself further than I normally do, and then recover faster than I ever have.

- Sides: This was the area where it really shined for me. Many people I am sure will run into some BA tingles with this product, I had NONE until the very end of my workout where I chugged the remaining ounce or two of liquid. Then I had a very minor tingling which at the end of a workout just felt awesome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample 2:

Sample two was used a mere 5 hours following sample one. Every Thursday night I have softball practice, so I normally push out chest/shoulder/tricep day until Friday. It was because I knew I had some IntrAbolic coming that I decided to put this to the test. When I left the gym I was so done that I could not do a single pushup, not even a negative pushup... So the idea of making the throw from third to first a mere 5 hours later was kind of daunting.

Practice was 2 hours long and ranged from batting/fielding/relay throws from center field/pitching. More is disclosed in detail below.

Taste - This time I knew a bit less water would do the trick as far as taste, so I used 12 ounces of water and repeated the shaking/settling process as listed above. Now my IntrAbolic literally tasted like the cheap orange juice from Wal-Mart.. I was pleased. A teammate actually asked me why I was drinking orange juice in 90 degree heat with high humidity, I just smiled.

Recovery - As you already read above, I had a helluva workout earlier in the day. Using my normal supplementation routine, I would have had a horrible practice. Some hightlights of practice today were:
    - Five consecutive deep flyballs during batting (was pulling to left field, my reaction time was too fast)
    - Three close to/diving snags at third.
    - One 'to the fence' snag of a would be homer from a teammate.
    - A notable increase in both speed and reaction time in response to fielding.
    - ZERO missed catches while playing first base.

Sides - I must admit that dose 2 ran into some of the BA tingles if only because of the more concentrated mix and probably the higher humidity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scores/Analysis:

- Taste: Citrus Ice IntrAbolic can only be described as a Citrus flavoring with a bit of an aftertaste. I believe that the amount/temperature of water used is going to have a great effect on whether you love or hate the taste of this product. Once I found the sweet spot, I can see drinking this every workout without tiring of the taste.

Taste Score: 9.75 / 10 **

- Recovery: Both workouts saw increased intraworkout recovery and increased recovery during the few hours of rest in between. In addition, both reaction time and speed were up during cardiovascular activities.
    Also, something to note, post-workout hunger was somewhat mediated by intraworkout use of IntrAbolic. One of the usual 'chores' for me is that I am dead after a workout and don't even have the energy to be precise on my post-workout nutrition. Today I felt awake, clear-minded, and ready to rock.

Recovery Score: 10 / 10

Other Thoughts:

- Comparing the formulation of this product to the other popular pre/intra products on the market I must admit that it seems that Athletic Edge has gone a step above here and really raised the bar on intraworkout nutrition. There will always be some who want more carbs/less carbs/more WPH/less WPH/etc, but I for one am in love with the formulation.

Overall Score: 9.9/10

** Taste score lowered VERY slightly due to comparison to Scivation Xtend Orange Creme. Obviously this product is much more difficult to flavor, but giving thorough and honest feedback is key here.

And that's the STONE COLD TRUTH
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

A very nice review, plus really funny.

Originally Posted by Jaberwaki View Post

First, I would like to thank the guys and gals at Athletic Edge Nutrition for sending me a 2 pack sample of IntrAbolic Citrus Ice.
    It was very nice of you guys to do and I hope to be reviewing more of your products in the future.

Step 1 The mixing
    I used 16 oz of ice cold filtered water and a standered shaker with one pack of IntrAbolic Citrus Ice.
    The powder mixed very well, absolutely no clumping. Took about 20-30 seconds of mixing to complete.

Grade 10/10

Step 2 The Taste
    Please forgive me if I go alittle overboard here as I have no reservations at all in saying,
    this is the absolute BEST tasting supp I have ever had. I would like to clearify, since the
    time I was a kid I loved the kids drink TANG. Well IntrAbolic Citrus Ice tastes so close
    to Tang that it had me remembering all the kick ass times I had as a kid. Basically its like getting
    a Chuck Norris round house kick to the tounge of citrusy goodness. I know taste is an opinion, however
    if you do not think IntrAbolic Citrus Ice tastes wonderful, the I question you as a human and deduce
    you must be from another planet.

Grade 10/10

Step 3 the kick in.
    As with every Pre W/O supp. The thing we all wait for is the kick in. What does this product make
    you feel like? Well if you dont notice when this product kicks in I would check your pulse again.
    I have to admit to not completely following the instructions on the package, which says to
    sip this product over the course of your work out. After the first taste I had all 16 oz downed before
    I made it to the cable flys (my first movement on my chest and bi day) So when this stuff kicked in
    it was like I had drinkin a gallon of gas and tossed in a match. While I am sure that some
    (cough cough wusses cough cough) will not like the electric prickling that happens all over your body.
    I for 1 LOVED it. If you are a guys, guys then you have seen a movie called The Last Dragon.

Having IntrAbolic Citrus Ice running thru your veins feels like what I imagine having the GLOW feels like.

Grade 10/10

Step 4 The Workout
    Feeling like a caged animal I attacked the iron. I expected to have some PR lifts, however in this
    much I was disappointed. While I did not breack any PR, what I did do was add an average of 2 reps
    to every movement on both nights I used it. My strength seemed to be as good as me on a really good
    night without supps, but I dont usually get 2 great nights back to back. Also my endurance most
    definately went up as I was about to add reps to every lift in places that I usually sputter out.
    My intencity from begining to end of my work out was top notch.

Grade 8/10

Step 5 The Unexpected
    For the past couple of months my sleep has not been all that great I have been waking in the night
    for what seems like no reason and when I wake up I feel like I really could/should have slept longer.
    Both nights that I worked out with this supp I hit the pillow and my pillow must have hit me back,
    because I slept like the dead! When I woke up the next morning I felt like a million bucks!
    In truth when I buy my tub of this product, it will be 60% for the sleep that I got while on it.

Grade 10/10

Recap and overall
    Fantastic taste, easy mix, strong kick in, solid endurace and intencity, and sleep that will have
    your mate checking your breathing from time to time.

Overall Grade 9.8/10

Great supp guys. I will most definately add this to my normal list of products I stock up on.
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Citrus Ice review

Originally Posted by blixmpi View Post
    I would like to begin by thanking AEN for the opportunity to sample Intrabolic. I had not tried the older Green Apple version and was happy to see the sample thread in the Company Promo section. These samples must be costly to manufacture and distribute which makes the opportunity even more surprising.

I received two samples of IntraBolic and used my first packet today during my shoulder and trap workout.

Here is the initial review:

Taste: I will begin by stating that I value a products benefits over the taste. The new Citrus Ice flavor is average but leaves much to be desired. I used 20 ounces of water in a Blender Bottle and consumed it during my workout. The taste is very weak and I think this could be improved on. The directions instruct the user to use 14-20 ounces of water. How was this amount of water decided upon? I think a forum poll should be taken to figure out how many ounces of water are consumed during an average gym session. I think the average amount is generally higher then 14 ounces. The flavor should be somewhat stronger overall. This would further help to mask the whey hydrolysate and leucine and it would help people who use larger amounts of water. I didn't mind the light flavor but I think some people will taste the sample and wrongly decide to avoid purchasing IntraBolic.

Endurance & Intra-workout effects: I admit that I have read numerous reviews from people that have utilized IntraBolic. I was still somewhat pessimistic regarding the abundant claims of increased weight and endurance. After one sample, though, I can honestly say that the product delivered. Weights were up and the end of the workout felt like the beginning. I was pleasantly surprised in both areas!

Ingredient Profile: The ingredients in IntraBolic have been used individually before but I have not seen anything close in a single product. With the combination of high-grade whey hydrolysate and free-form aminos along with all of the other "extras" this product packs a punch. Considering the quality of substances in IntraBolic, the product is fairly priced.

Overall: 8.5/10

Possible Improvements/Suggestions

- A 40 serving bottle
    - Improved/Stronger flavoring

Thanks again AEN and I am looking forward to sample #2 tomorrow!
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by papagunz View Post
    Many thanks to the kind AEN folks who sent out a **** load of Citrus Ice samples to let the masses try out the new flavor. Gotta say, not too shabby.

Taste: 7.9/10 Just barley shy of an 8, for me. Steel Edge wins by a slight margin. Could be a little tangier and a little stronger, but still a refreshing and very palatable flavor. Only qualm is the original green apple (have not tried the new) was much stronger in that you could drastically overshoot the water recomendations and not dilute the flavor too much. With this, go too much over the water, and it's fairly noticable. Either way though, can't complain nor rave about this flavor. I will say this. Add ice cubes. Colder is better with Intrabolic.

Digestion/Sides: 10/10 No GI issues at all, and for me, I have never gotten the tingles from a BA product, ever. This one included. Sits well with the stomache.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10 Greatly reduced doms in just two servings, no joke. Endurance is hard to judge because lets face it, two days is not enough time to boost carnosine levels to the nth degree. Based on what I can judge (and from past experience), this product delivers.

Overall: 9.5/10: I don't need to reiterate why this is the most superior intra workout drink on the market. But I will because I want to. 7 grams of WPH which includes ALL EAA's (unlike almost every other product out there), 8 grams of extra free form aminos, 5 of which are straight leucine, 3.2 grams of beta alanine, a scientifically proven dose, and an electrolyte complex to take rehydration to the next level. Kick. Ass.

I do have a qualm. With high quality, comes a price some folks may not be keen to pay. Whether or not the extra cost truely is worth it as compared to other workout drinks, is up to the individual. Try 'em and compare 'em. That's all.
    One more positive review, this one came with a great overview of why IntrAbolic is superior to our competitors'.
    “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

~-~-~The Brain Bulwark~-~-~
    www.masterminds.thebrainbulwark.com
    Free E-Book for 5 ways to improve your cognition and mental abilities.

Citrua IA

Originally Posted by tomjones42 View Post
    I would first like to thank Athletic Edge Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to test this out. I always like to try new stuff, and I've never really used any intra-workout supplements before.

Mixability 10/10: I poured the packet into my 1.5 liter water bottle about 5 minutes before I left for the gym and shook it vigorously. There was a good deal of foam on the top, but it was gone by the time I got to the gym. There were no clumps or unmixed powder floating around.

Taste 9/10: I was a little worried about this after hearing a lot of people complain about the taste. I didn't experience any of this. There was no bitter aftertaste, and it tasted like watered down orange juice. Maybe that was because of the amount of water I used, but either way it was fine. The only reason it didn't score a ten was because I'm not a big fan of orange juice. It tasted great, just a matter of personal preference.

Effects 10/10: I can honestly say I noticed a difference in my workout, especially in the latter part of the workout. I used my samples on both of my Max Effort days as I'm following a Westside based program. I felt like I had more energy as the workout went on, and I didn't get as exhausted as I usually do. I started to drink it earlier on leg day, and started to feel it on my last set of squats, which I set a PR on. I didn't feel any tingles from the Beta Alanine, but I haven't with past BA supps either. I also noticed I felt better the day after my upper day, but cannot comment on leg day right now.

Intrabolic is a solid product and I can see why everyone has been raving about it. It is definitely something I would like to use again in the future, and hopefully I will be able to in the future. Many thanks again to AEN!
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Citrus BABY!

Originally Posted by RxAJ View Post

Lets get right into it!

Taste
    I have to admit, I was a little let down by the taste. Maybe I expected too much on account of all the glorious taste reviews for citrus ice, but it wasn't that great. That said, it's also a far, far cry from bad too. Easily drinkable and enjoyable, even slightly refreshing, but it isn't out of this world good. Given the fact that whey hydrolysates are so difficult to flavor, AEN did a great job. 6/10

Effectiveness
    Now this is what really counts, and it also just so happens that this is where IntrAbolic shines. Last Friday I used my first sample pack, a leg day, and my workout went well...but not out of this world good. Today, chest/tri day, I used my second sample pack and can honestly say that I had the best workout of my life. The entire workout I was loaded with energy and busting out extra reps on every exercise. My rest time felt dramatically improved as each time I returned to the weight I felt just as strong, if not stronger, then I did the previous set. I'm also currently experiencing a dramatic decrease in my delayed onset muscle soreness pain, which is extremely nice on a chest day. Chest has always been my Achille's heal in the gym, but today I felt stronger then ever. This one is easy - 10/10

Conclusion
    If timing is everything, then IntrAbolic may just be the best intra-workout supplement on the market. The only thing that I wish was better is the price. At the current cost, I can't afford to make it a staple, but it will definitely make its way into my stacks as often as possible. Give it a shot!

BIG thanks to AEN for the opportunity to sample this product!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ae/intrabolic.html
    PreSurge = Pre WO.