Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    macdaddy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macdaddy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macdaddy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macdaddy69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1 gallon I get that by 12:00

-J.HiZ- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -J.HiZ- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -J.HiZ- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -J.HiZ- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -J.HiZ- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -J.HiZ- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -J.HiZ- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Crunchbar View Post
    I recently was talking to a very knowledgable person i know... They teach biology at a skewl and really know a lot about the human body. So anyways, they were telling me the otehr day that 1 galon of water is really too much... She goes on to say that you will lose way to many vitamons and minerals. She said it is a real problem with marathon runners too, as they need so much water that many die from overdrinking. I told her i lift weights regularly (which she already knows) and that I have heard 1 gallon is a standard when it comes to water intake for somone in my positiion... She shook her head.

Me and her didnt really get to finish the combersation as i had to leave and i will probably finish it with her someday soon but I was wondering what you guys think about this.... Is 1gallon of water too much?
    how can you die from "overdrinking" water... id love to see that happen in person.
    "It's not your feelings that determine your actions. It's your actions that determine your feelings."

"If You Fail To Plan, You Will Plan To Fail."

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gynuine69 View Post
    how can you die from "overdrinking" water... id love to see that happen in person.
    it is possible, not nessiarly eas but definantly possible do ie from overhydration. I am not really worried about DEATH persay, more just some sort of negaive side effect.

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do we really lose alot of vitamins and minerals from drinking too much water? I always wondered that because since we pee more, I wondered what was I actually peeing out...Am I peeing out vitamins and minerals(and herbs too since I take those)?
    Ravens fan and Gators fan 4 life

***Florida Gators Crew***

DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Crunchbar View Post
    what color should your pee be and what does the difference about your urine color meen as regards to your water intake.

Also when u say spread it out throughout the day, is it alright that i get a lot of water when i wake up and a ton during workout and the rest of the day i just drink like so-so?

By the way, i didnt think 1 galon of water would lead to death, but I am curious if it will have ANY negative side effects. Anyone know?

Also anyone have any sources i can site to help me win this debate?
    You want your urine to be just slightly yellow....almost clear. If its straw colored you are not drinking enough. Some multi vitamins will make your piss very yellow, and this makes it hard to judge hydration pased on color. You should also drink enough to have to urinate every 2 hours or so. Your water regimine seems ok, remember you need even more water just before, during, and after physical activity.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
    -Mahatma Ghandi

Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hallock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Isn't the daily recommended amount of water something like eight cups? I'm not sure if that's right, but that is half a gallon there. There are sixteen cups in a gallon. I've seen people that are massive drink an entire gallon of water during their workout. It's true you can cause over hydration, which I'd imagine would be most damaging to your kidneys, but it's more than a gallon to do that.
    Bench press - 175x4 (200)
    Dead lift - 355# (400)
    Squat - 4x225# x three sets (300)
    Military Press - 6x120# (BW)
    BB Row - 6x155# (175)

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Do we really lose alot of vitamins and minerals from drinking too much water? I always wondered that because since we pee more, I wondered what was I actually peeing out...Am I peeing out vitamins and minerals(and herbs too since I take those)?
    Excess vitamins can be excreted via the urine. These are the soluble vitamins B (all of them) and C. However your body will not excrete this vitamins when it is trying to get rid of excess water.

When the body tries to dilute the urine, it will only push potassium out of the blood. So a very dilute urine probably contains mostly urea and potassium, with little sodium and perhaps a few other minerals in very small amounts.

HTH

Originally Posted by Hallock View Post
    Isn't the daily recommended amount of water something like eight cups? I'm not sure if that's right, but that is half a gallon there. There are sixteen cups in a gallon. I've seen people that are massive drink an entire gallon of water during their workout. It's true you can cause over hydration, which I'd imagine would be most damaging to your kidneys, but it's more than a gallon to do that.
    My point exactly!! I think that getting twice as much as the recommended amount can not be dangerous at all!
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)
    -Not a Dr. in Nutrition or any other Human Biology Field-
    Fish Scientist / Computer Geek / Gymaholic
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Ovolactate Pescaterian and scientist.

CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    more people die from typing too fast =) andddd as for overkill.. ide be dead cause i drink almost a gallon durring workout as well as 1-2 more gallons threw the day.. and i dont feel bloaded or anything.. eat a banana or 2 threw the day for some potassium and take a multi maybe twice a day to keep everything up and water isnt guna do anything but positve things for you...

Ghostinfog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This may sound a bit stupid, but Im new here and really want to know this. I have started working out, and find myself drinking alot of working during the day..not sure exactly how much...but I also take a multivitamin in the morning. Do you think that is alright?

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Hallock View Post
    But doesnt water help filter your kidneys? How could it damage your kidneys...
    Ravens fan and Gators fan 4 life

***Florida Gators Crew***

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ghostinfog View Post
    This may sound a bit stupid, but Im new here and really want to know this. I have started working out, and find myself drinking alot of working during the day..not sure exactly how much...but I also take a multivitamin in the morning. Do you think that is alright?
    If you up your calorie consumption, and you up the amount of excercise you do, yes.... You will drink more water.

Just follow your body and drink as much water as you need, and maybe a bit more.... That should maintain your kidneys working properly.
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)

Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    But doesnt water help filter your kidneys? How could it damage your kidneys...
    He is a bit wrong there... Water in excess will not damage your kidneys... It may stress them more, but it will not damage them. In fact, dehydration may be worst for your kidneys... The problem with overhydration is mostly electrolyte balance... Read my previous post about this topic in this thread and you will find some more info on why you could die from overhydration under very specific circumstances such as happens to marathon runners and people with psychogenic polydipsia (i didnt talk about this, but its just compulsive water drinkers).
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)

ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    some people here need to read before typing because i put a good post explaining what happens if one drinks too much water but it's being completely over-looked, as are reefpickers posts.
    "Success comes before work...only in the dictionary"

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=936089

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=937460&highlight=ozigal

DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    don't you need to drink more water if you're takin creatine?