ksquad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which of these two would you pick?

Ok here is my situation. Im a college students that does not have all the time in the world to lift. I am 6'2'' 260lbs with a big gut, i want to have a flat stomach before summer. Here is my two workout that i have choosen, tell me which one you guys think is better.
    #1Monday- Upperbody/ All lifts i do 5 sets/ 12-10-8-6-12
    Tuesday- 20 min cardio
    wend- Lowebody and abs
    Thurs- 20 min cardio
    Fri- Upper body
    Sat 20 min cardio
    Sun- Off
    I lift per body part
    or
    #2 Mon- Chest/ Triceps
    Tues- Biceps/ Shoulder/ 20 min cardio
    Wen-Shoulders/Traps/Back
    Thurs- 20 min cardio
    Friday- legs
    Sat- 20 min cardio
    Sun- off
    abs everyday i lift. I do 2-3 lifts per body part. at 10-8-6-6
    I am also starting a diet. Which one do you perfere. Im taking creatine, and a diet pill with my diet,

BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of the two you've written down I would say the first as in the 2nd one there are quite a few muscle conflicts - biceps on the day before back for example.

As a point of reference, this is my current split..

Mon quads/calves
    Tues chest/shoulders
    Wed cardio + abs
    Thurs back/traps/hamstrings
    Fri cardio
    Sat tricep/bicep/forearms
    Sun cardio + abs

I think if you want to do a 4-way split (as in your second example) this may be better as I've found the bodyparts don't clash. I'm using this routine to trim down a bit at the moment myself, but remember diet is the most important part of weight loss.

Cheers.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

NIZZLE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd agree with Brit-beef. But, personally, I would also consider incorproating some alternative workouts maybe once or twice a week. Perhaps try a bit of plyometrics and paying emphasis on simple, multi-muscle movements. I think this will help since your primary goal is to get a flat stomach. Another thing I would suggest is to do more cardio, and do your ab routine on the same day you did cardio. Do something like this:
    15 mins on the Bike
    Abs
    15 mins Row
    Abs
    15-20 mins run
    Abs
    You might also want to combine the plyos (if you choose to do them) in this workout.
    Remember to do abs, internal/external obliques etc
    I find the best way to tackle fat loss (apart from diet) is to attack it from all angles ie weights, cardio, plyo's etc
    cheers
    nizzle
    scotlandsfinest23@hotmail.com

newguy72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BRIT_BEEF,
    I noticed that you dont have any days off, do you always train this way? I was always thought that it was best to take at least one day off to rest.

BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by newguy72
    BRIT_BEEF,
    I noticed that you dont have any days off, do you always train this way? I was always thought that it was best to take at least one day off to rest.
    I count the cardio days as my days off as I do all my cardio at home. I do low intensity cardio work (60-70% of max heart rate - for fat loss) so this doesn't hinder my recovery. The abs I sometimes add on my off days as I'm quite often pushed for time at the gym with work commitments. I've got an exercise bike, one of those strider machines and an incline ab bench in my spare room at home.
    I count the routine I posted as a 4-way split as there are 4 days of intense lifting - so I'm really taking 3 days off a week. I can see how I've written it down can be misinterpreted. Given the choice I will always do my cardio on non-lifting days.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet