Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Droped them today, from about 6 inches off the ground. Man, people were yelling at me.
    Last edited by FreddyKrueger; 06-27-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    I learn 24/7. I don't pretend to know everything, and I LOVE lifting weights.

ISSA certified
    NASM- in progress
    ACE in progress

Why lie, I wanna look like Arnold in his prime.

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FreddyKrueger View Post
    Droped them today, from about 6 inches off the ground. Man, people were yelling at me.
    Try throwing them next time...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

Life=Red Sox/Pit Bulls NDame616's Avatar
    NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you can't control the weight from the rack to and from your exercise and back to the rack....you need a spot

If you have a spot and you still can't control the weight (AKA you drop the weight) then you need a new spot/a spot with 8 brain cells.

Nothing pisses me off more than a clown at my gym slamming weights, especially not heavy weights, on the floor. I don't care about the padding on the weights, the floor, etc. It's obnoxious.

So, good. People are looking at you. And they think you're an assclown. Congrats!

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    toss those DB's like ronnie does if no one is near you

BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    These people are all pretty uptight. It's fun to throw DBs...
    IT IS PRETTY FUNNY!!!
    musclebuilding the way god intended it........naturally

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Angry

Originally Posted by josephinedalton View Post
    To be quite frank, dropping weights pisses me off! I'm old school (seriously, I started training in the mid 80s when gym courtesy was expected), and dropping weights causing a startling noise can distract someone during a serious workout! Once someone dropped 80lb dumbbells on the floor. It startled me so bad that I almost fell off the treadmill across the room!

Not to mention dropping from bench heights can cause damage to the dumbbell and matting... and the cost of having to replace heavier dumbbells are over $100 each. I worked at a gym after college where a bunch of meatheads broke 4 sets of urethane dummbells over 150lbs each... all in one workout. The owner was so pissed, he sued and won! The cost to replace those 8 dumbbells was? Not sure, but to buy a brand new set of those dumbbells ranging from 5 -150 lbs is over $22K (yes, $22,000). If I was a gym owner, I'd bar ALL members who dropped weights from more than a foot off the ground.

If you cannot safely put dummbells back on the rack without dropping them or injuring yourself... you should NOT be using the weight. And just to let you know, if the weight is so heavy that you have to drop it, imagine how much damage you'd do to yourself if you couldn't control the drop and you went down with the weight. I know from experience, I accidentally dropped a 45lb plate from an overhead press bar. My right hand let go, but my left hand went down with the plate, thus dislocating my shoulder !
    you need to going to that all girl gym lusia roberts if someone dropping 80lb db's bothers you...

honestly this post pissed me off, thank god i dont go to stupid gyms like bally's anymore and dont have to deal with people like you

edit--

i would love to do some heavy deadlifts as close to you
    Last edited by ThatArmyKid; 06-27-2008 at 09:12 PM.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yep..way too many uptight people posting, lol

under the guidelines given by our "super correct" members here, most IFBB pros would be assclowns etc. and 125 lb trainers would be telling the pros "sorry, please rerack and get a lighter weight"

omg, lets start a thread on grunting next...and then when we have that sufficiently outlawed we will work on sweating in public
    "Humility comes before honor"

FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    Try throwing them next time...
    Noted

ISSA certified
    NASM- in progress
    ACE in progress

Whats good for lower abs? kserajuddin's Avatar
    kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, I've got to admit that more than half the time that I drop the weights, I could just rolled up with them - it's just a lot more fun and manly to drop 'em after a good set -

Funny how you can control this thing when you need to -

HOWEVER ....

This just made me think of something - here's a little story ...

I used to work out in a **** gym last year - me and my boy used to drop the weights on every set, and most of the time not even put them away -

I also had a big-time animal type friend who used to slam 600 pound deadlifts into the floor - annoying, but it was all good -

Now we're all in a much nicer gym - we can't drop the weights because we're on the second floor, and we're friends with the owner so don't really want to argue with him -

Bottom line is instead of fighting to control the weights after a very hard set and risk dropping them, I don't do dumbells for chest anymore - that just made me realize why my chest strength is **** now -

And my buddy the animal? He doesn't do his heavy deadlifts (and I'm assuming dumbells on chest) anymore either - the guy's lost over 20 pounds since we've switched gyms - he says it's because he looked to get more cut, but I wonder if subconsciously it's because we can't really lift the same ....

Bottom line is find a gym that doesn't have these rules - you don't want that etiquette bull**** playing with your head -
    "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - either Confucius or the Dalai Lama - I get them confused -

d15bt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Seems like a lot of people had their own opinions on this issue im glad i brought it to the table lol. Like i above mentioned i'm open for change on dropping/setting the weights down on the floor from db bench with in reason. I'm trying to get along with everyone haha but I wouldn't ever get mad at anyone for dropping dbs within reason on the floor if they're right next to me or across the gym.

@the post above - absolutely brilliant haha, seems like the local gym YMCA/Ballys have these rules but more hardcore places such as your college gym or even lifetime seem to be totally fine with it. Also I would never stop doing a lift just to not get in an argument about dropping them, I can see though if you're friends with the owner how that would affect you.
    Last edited by d15bt; 06-27-2008 at 10:58 PM.

Just play the sorry role.

If the trainer yells at you just tell him "I am sorry, I didn't know", or "I am sorry I got too much into my training and I forgot". Than do it again on the next chest day.

It works for me on many occasions. Peole feel bad asking you to stop after you said I am sorry even though you were just screwing with him.

ISSA certified
    NASM- in progress
    ACE in progress

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    From a management and owner's perspective, dropping the weights is retarded. If you're strong enough to pick up the weight and lift it, you can properly put it down again, or in the case of DB pressing, roll to a standing position with it using momentum.

If a DB does give out on you and you haven't got the energy left to prop them up, you simply ask for a spotter to push your back forward so you have that momentum to stand up.

Blatantly dropping them out of sheer laziness is a form of property damage. The owners have every right to tell you not drop them since you're using their property. You're on their premises.

Once you own the DBs and the gym itself, then at that time you have free reign to do whatever you like to your equipment and surroundings.

Case in point, i used to be a guy who'd just drop the heavy DBs after doin my x reps. But you just gotta teach yourself to bring the DBs to lay on your chest, kick your legs up, roll, get a bit of swing happenin, then stand up, and put the weights back on the rack or down on the floor. You can do it. You're just not used to it and the motion.

It's actually quite easy once you get the hang of it. Much safer than risking doin ya shoulder in and screwin up your wrists from that awkward release position if you were to drop them.

Dropping them on the floor from a distance, be there padding or not, loosens the small joined plates from their solid position. That's why you often hear some DBs make noise and knock together. The plates have been knocked around so much. It's wear and tear over time. It mightn't be bad for them to be dropped once, but granted a lot of people use them, and how many people workout each day, if everyone dropped it, the gym would be going through them like hot cakes.

If the regular member was to pay for what they damage and break, then they can do what they please, but they don't, the management do, so it's their rules or buy a set of DBs yourself.

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Deadlifts and lifts like cleans ect.. are exsempt from the drop rule.
    Diffrence is thoughts lifts are done or should be done in a restricted area with a special floor or plate form..

nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by carl.c View Post
    Deadlifts and lifts like cleans ect.. are exsempt from the drop rule.
    Diffrence is thoughts lifts are done or should be done in a restricted area with a special floor or plate form..
    Aaaah but what if they decide to deadlift with dumbells or do O-lifts with their dumbell counterparts?
    I would've lied if I told you this was easy.

Check out my tumblr: http://nickmanzoni.tumblr.com/

YEAHHHH BUDDAY

LIGHTWAIGHT!!!

light WAit baby

just slam that deadlift

my personal favorite i like during his heavy sets how he throws the db's

YEAH BUDDAY

canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    johniie jackson is beast, and look at the ghetto ass gym he trains in, how old is that shoulder press? lmfao

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The few gyms out here that allow real lifting require all O style lifts to be done on the plat form or designated area.

canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i broke a fullwall mirror when i tossed the dumbells after DB pressing them, my spotter walked away lmfao

freind your 14 don't become the gym punk who can't control his emotions.

Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ThatArmyKid View Post
    YEAHHHH BUDDAY

LIGHTWAIGHT!!!

light WAit baby

just slam that deadlift

my personal favorite i like during his heavy sets how he throws the db's

YEAH BUDDAY
    I know this is a dumb/gay ass question, but why the hell is coleman wearing a button up sleeveless shirt. I cant imagine myself trying to work out in that and it just doesnt seem like it would feel comfortable. Either way, coleman is insane!
    ***Gender Non-Committed***
    (She/Him/They/His/Theirs/Her/Them)

Falcons - Hawks - Braves
    I make typos.

kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by FreddyKrueger View Post
    Make sure you stay out of Planet Fitness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6OrO1f610

Beware of the LUNK ALARM!!!
    "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - either Confucius or the Dalai Lama - I get them confused -

Originally Posted by kserajuddin View Post

the db's in planet fitness dont go high enough that you would have to drop them

the planet fitness i went to only had 60lb db's and absolutely no barbells

the planet fitness i went to only had 60lb db's and absolutely no barbells
    True - in the vid, they kicked the guy out for GRUNTING on heavy squats - lol - sorry for jacking thread!

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    men have been emasculated and feminized enough as it is....damn, lets let a brother make some noise in the gym if he feels the need.

Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

that place sucks A$$!!! but Im not surprised by the "no grunting" rule. I mean really, look at the manager.

Falcons - Hawks - Braves
    I make typos.

Originally Posted by blaqsand View Post
    that place sucks A$$!!! but Im not surprised by the "no grunting" rule. I mean really, look at the manager.
    My brother used to train at the PF in Binghamton -

They have a PIZZA night once a month, serve bagels sometimes, and have tootsie rolls at the front desk - pretty stupid huh? Then again, the Powerhouse in my neighborhood got shot down for serving roids at the front desk, so I guess this is better by comparison -

Despite the retarded rules and practices, I worked out there once late at night and noticed it was a friendly, clean, new, and well maintained gym - lots of cardio equipment and girls, if that means **** to you when you workout -

I guess this chain is trying to find their niche - there's probably a big market for the "moderate intensity" crowd -

But that sucks if you want to lift like a man and still work out in a decent environment - although I can't drop weights in my gym, it's extremely well maintained I can yell as loud as I f'n want -

btw, here's a place to find powerlifting gyms -
    http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4420

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    men have been emasculated and feminized enough as it is....damn, lets let a brother make some noise in the gym if he feels the need.
    If any men are emasculated and/or feminized, it is because they have allowed it...further, "let", in the context here, is identical to "allow", which denotes having permission.

Just for ****s and giggles, we'll analyze it further...seeking permission is a form of subjugation, as much as emasculation is. In one breath you're decrying the manhood being stripped from males in general, in the very next, you're seeking some higher authority to condone making noise in the gym. Inconsistent much?

Further still, taken at face value, you're asking for permission of a gym owner to be distracting to his other patrons and employees and/or potentially destroy his equipment...I'm sure they'll be tripping all over themselves to acquiesce.

On the other other hand, making big noise by dropping loaded barbells is fun. The only drawback to throwing dumbbells is that they do break and second, if you toss them too far (besides possibly hurting someone), you then have to go chase after them...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

My brother used to train at the PF in Binghamton -

They have a PIZZA night once a month, serve bagels sometimes, and have tootsie rolls at the front desk - pretty stupid huh? Then again, the Powerhouse in my neighborhood got shot down for serving roids at the front desk, so I guess this is better by comparison -

Despite the retarded rules and practices, I worked out there once late at night and noticed it was a friendly, clean, new, and well maintained gym - lots of cardio equipment and girls, if that means **** to you when you workout -

I guess this chain is trying to find their niche - there's probably a big market for the "moderate intensity" crowd -

But that sucks if you want to lift like a man and still work out in a decent environment - although I can't drop weights in my gym, it's extremely well maintained I can yell as loud as I f'n want -

btw, here's a place to find powerlifting gyms -
    http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4420

pizza, damn thats terrible. but great point about finding the niche. I would imagine there are tons of people who prefer the no grunting policy. hmm...

and as bad as it sounds, hot girls are mandatory at whatever place I work out. I gotta have my occasional eye candy while im destroying my body

Falcons - Hawks - Braves
    I make typos.

thats hilarious..good point!

frankly I am not sure if I even drop dbells to start with. I KNOW that I dont 99% of the time because I dont want to then have to pick them up.

Ours go up to 160. I did 153 for 8 reps on 1 arm rows last back workout and probably "dropped" them from 8-10 inches. Yeah, im evil.

The worst thing I do as far as dropping weights would probably be on ez bar curls on something where I am going to use the same weight for several sets. Like I do seated ez bar concentration curls (hard to explain) and I might drop it from 2 feet up maybe, lol.

Ive deadlifted up to 445 in the gym and I dont think ive ever "dropped" the bar once

i hardly ever drop db's too but when i need to i wont hesitate