cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

toning under arm flab

I know you can't really train to spot reduce but can anyone point me to any exercises to help tone the under arms? I have nice definition in my biceps and triceps but my under arms still look a bit flabby. Any weight training exercises I can do to help with that?

I already do quite a bit of cardio--run 3-5 miles 2 or 3 days a week and do about 30 min. on an elliptical another 2 days. I don't really need to lose weight, just want to tone this area.
    Last edited by cln1812; 09-09-2009 at 06:25 AM.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cln1812 View Post
    I know you can't really train to spot reduce but can anyone point me to any exercises to help tone the under arms? I have nice definition in my biceps and triceps but my under arms still look a bit flabby. Any weight training exercises I can do to help with that?

I already do quite a bit of cardio--run 3-5 miles 2 or 3 days a week and do about 30 min. on an elliptical another 2 or 30 days. I don't really need to lose weight, just want to tone this area.

Close grip bench
    Weighted dips
    Skullcrushers
    Tricep pressdowns
    Overhead cable extensions
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

I already do quite a bit of cardio--run 3-5 miles 2 or 3 days a week and do about 30 min. on an elliptical another 2 days. I don't really need to lose weight, just want to tone this area.
    So which is it? Do you have tricep definition or under arm flab? Or do you mean something else by "under arms"?
    -

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    So which is it? Do you have tricep definition or under arm flab? Or do you mean something else by "under arms"?
    I don't think she's referring to her triceps. By underarm flab I think she's referring to the area where the arm and shoulder meet---between the breast and underarm. You know, the stuff that squishes out the top of strapless dresses. I know exactly what she talking about because I used to have that too. At least I think this is what she's talking about since she said her triceps and biceps are already defined.

cln1812- I don't have specific advice other than to build muscle in that area. Working the chest/ pecs will help, as will working all parts of the shoulder. Make sure you're working back too in order to keep everything balanced.
    Last edited by heidismommy; 09-09-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    I don't think she's referring to her triceps. By underarm flab I think she's referring to the area where the arm and shoulder meet---between the breast and underarm. You know, the stuff that squishes out the top of strapless dresses.
    Yeah - I think that excess "skin/fat" is just that --- dieting along w/working out are reallly the only way to get rid of it...you can do tricep work until the cows come home...it comes down to reducing your overal bodyfat
    *Obssession is a word the weak use to describe the dedicated

*That which does not kill me ... only makes me stronger!

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Zenree View Post
    Yeah - I think that excess "skin/fat" is just that --- dieting along w/working out are reallly the only way to get rid of it...you can do tricep work until the cows come home...it comes down to reducing your overal bodyfat
    The OP doesn't have excess fat though. Losing fat should NOT be priority for her. I was in the same situation really not long ago and her focus should be on gaining muscle. That is exactly what I did and that area tightened up. I agree with you that in most cases it comes down to body fat---but not when you're already underweight/really lean. In that case it's about filling out the skin, giving it more shape.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The OP doesn't have excess fat though. Losing fat should NOT be priority for her. I was in the same situation really not long ago and her focus should be on gaining muscle. That is exactly what I did and that area tightened up. I agree with you that in most cases it comes down to body fat---but not when you're already underweight/really lean. In that case it's about filling out the skin, giving it more shape.
    OP: sounds like some heavy lifting is in your future.

Major compound movements for your chest/back to keep everything in balance and fill out the droopy skin.

So:
    Bench
    Incline Bench
    Rows
    Pullups
    -

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dips!
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zenree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agreed
    *Obssession is a word the weak use to describe the dedicated

*That which does not kill me ... only makes me stronger!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    Oh sorry, I totally missed that.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CEPCNC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wide/Reverse Grip bench press...go light, you don't need massive amounts of weight on there. I do them with only 95-100lbs, 3X15 for set/reps

onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    as said above chest and back - get some rowing involved into your cardio workout - you will use different back muscles!

Chest press
    chest flies
    pushups
    lat pulldowns
    seated row
    single arm row

GO!
    Originally Posted by CEPCNC View Post
    Wide/Reverse Grip bench press...go light, you don't need massive amounts of weight on there. I do them with only 95-100lbs, 3X15 for set/reps
    Donna
    "be true to yourself and your goals, set them at a level you can reach"

cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    By underarm flab I think she's referring to the area where the arm and shoulder meet---between the breast and underarm.
    Yes, this exactly!

Thanks, I will try to incorporate some of these exercises and see if it helps! It is irritating because I don't have much excess fat on me and pretty decent muscle definition (even the legs are finally coming along) but this underarm flab just won't budge.

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, this exactly!

Thanks, I will try to incorporate some of these exercises and see if it helps! It is irritating because I don't have much excess fat on me and pretty decent muscle definition (even the legs are finally coming along) but this underarm flab just won't budge.
    I have this problem too (all of my life, whether I was stick skinny or 200 lbs!!!). While I doubt this is the answer you are looking for, it has been suggested to me that if I had larger breasts (i.e., implants--regardless of my weight, I was never very well-endowed), it would pull the armpit skin taut, and the bubble would be gone. It sorta does make sense, not that I'm running out to get implants or anything!!!
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift

Originally Posted by elainedeluca View Post
    I have this problem too (all of my life, whether I was stick skinny or 200 lbs!!!). While I doubt this is the answer you are looking for, it has been suggested to me that if I had larger breasts (i.e., implants--regardless of my weight, I was never very well-endowed), it would pull the armpit skin taut, and the bubble would be gone. It sorta does make sense, not that I'm running out to get implants or anything!!!
    elaine - That does sort of make sense. My boobs are small, about an A cup now and I'm still breastfeeding my toddler (not much but still!). I hate to think what will happen to the boobs once I wean. Can they deflate even more? Even most of my time breastfeeding, I was only a B cup, except when my milk first came in. I loved having boobs for a change. So sad it didn't last