Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sunday will be my break day. My body needs to heal but I woke up with my body feeling a lot better than Thursday and Friday where I had muscle soreness and some muscle strain.
    It seems like after the first carb-up my body was repaired a good 60%.

I'm also on my second 24 hour carb-up which requires 60 percent carbs this time and the caloric intake is less for the second 24 hour carb-up as stated by Lyles.

Munching on some sweet potato. Had some oatmeal with honey and a cup of ice cream and about 2 cups of skim milk.
    So my intake today will be about 2500 total calories. 1500 carbs 626 protein and 375 fat.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sunday was was a bit under my 2500. It was again hard to keep the fat lows compared to my 60% of carbs and I was low on protien. I had to bump it up with Skim milk and protein drinks.

I'm eager for the gym this monday afternoon. I took Sunday off and felt a bit guilty.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    Sunday was was a bit under my 2500. It was again hard to keep the fat lows compared to my 60% of carbs and I was low on protien. I had to bump it up with Skim milk and protein drinks.

I'm eager for the gym this monday afternoon. I took Sunday off and felt a bit guilty.
    just be careful not to overtrain.

I've felt guilty for not hitting the gym 5 days a week before, but i have to tell myself, 'my muscle is not going to go away over night'. I know this to be a fact and so do you. It took almost a year to lose the muscle i gained as a technician when i changed professions.

The people we're the hardest on is ourselves. We need to give ourselves some credit and rest when needed.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

Had 48 carb-up (Saturday and Sunday) and today (Tuesday) back in ketosis. Very dark on ketostix.

Very strong workout on chest today. No pain, no soreness and very pumped and I could lift pretty heavy and a lot of reps on machines I couldn't do as much before.

I have to repeat that a full carb-up does give me my strength back and more and I took my carb-up to the limit the past two weekends. And back in ketosis on the second day.

Carb-up is important.
    Last edited by queloque; 07-07-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Upper body is sore from moving up in weight with the weights. I know I will be depleted in the upper body by Thursday. It will be another tough depletion on Saturday. I just may do a depletion on Friday and carb-up on friday. Not sure yet.

Appetite has been very low all this week. 1600 calories or less.

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not a lot of calories for someone your size.
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

Originally Posted by SophieM View Post
    Not a lot of calories for someone your size.
    I know. It sucks that i'm not hungry. I'm not good at forcing myself to do something my body doesn't want to do. Big breakfast tomorrow.
    Last edited by queloque; 07-08-2009 at 09:52 PM.

peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was wondering exactly this since my carb-up days are coming near. I saw you what you said your caloric intake is along with the macros for your carbs. When you are doing your carb ups will you have to increase your caloric intake?

Originally Posted by peteyyytran View Post
    I was wondering exactly this since my carb-up days are coming near. I saw you what you said your caloric intake is along with the macros for your carbs. When you are doing your carb ups will you have to increase your caloric intake?
    My carb-up intake is larger than my keto macro in terms of calories as recommended by Lyles McDonald. Is that what you are asking?

peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So you are suppose to take in 8-10x your weight for gram of carbs? In ONE day or for a 48 hour carb up? So if I am 175 range I should try to take in 1700g of carbs in ONE day or throughout the 48 hours? Thanks que!

So you are suppose to take in 8-10x your weight for gram of carbs? In ONE day or for a 48 hour carb up? So if I am 175 range I should try to take in 1700g of carbs in ONE day or throughout the 48 hours? Thanks que!
    You decrease your carbs intake at a 60% ratio with Low Glycemic carbs on your second 24 hours.

You decrease your carbs intake at a 60% ratio with Low Glycemic carbs on your second 24 hours.
    Sorry; but again haha would I take in around 1700g of carbs THROUGHOUT the two day period or just for one day, seems like A LOT for one day. Thanks! I am actually in carb up mode today ;( So info fast would be appreciated

Also what should the first day of carb intake look like? Like examples of foods and such. What are some Low Glycemic carbs as well? Thanks alot Tried to do some googling and got some crazy stuff and just a bunch of BS that lingers around the information.

most fruits and vegetables (except potatoes, watermelon), grainy breads, pasta, legumes/pulses, milk, products extremely low in carbohydrates (fish, eggs, meat, some cheeses, nuts, cooking oil), brown rice found some nevermind, but is it ok if I have some High Glycemic carbs on the first day? Just wondering I am totally fine with eating whole grain/wheat stuff

IF I am carbing up for two days starting after my depletion work out I start around Friday 6-7PM until... Sunday 6-7PM??? And again carb amount in g is still confusing me lol. It can't be 1700g a day that is WAY too much. I am guessing it is 1700g in a spread of 2 days?
    Last edited by peteyyytran; 07-10-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Sorry; but again haha would I take in around 1700g of carbs THROUGHOUT the two day period or just for one day, seems like A LOT for one day. Thanks! I am actually in carb up mode today ;( So info fast would be appreciated

Also what should the first day of carb intake look like? Like examples of foods and such. What are some Low Glycemic carbs as well? Thanks alot Tried to do some googling and got some crazy stuff and just a bunch of BS that lingers around the information.

most fruits and vegetables (except potatoes, watermelon), grainy breads, pasta, legumes/pulses, milk, products extremely low in carbohydrates (fish, eggs, meat, some cheeses, nuts, cooking oil), brown rice found some nevermind, but is it ok if I have some High Glycemic carbs on the first day? Just wondering I am totally fine with eating whole grain/wheat stuff

IF I am carbing up for two days starting after my depletion work out I start around Friday 6-7PM until... Sunday 6-7PM??? And again carb amount in g is still confusing me lol. It can't be 1700g a day that is WAY too much. I am guessing it is 1700g in a spread of 2 days?
    1700 calories of carbs is really not a lot. Its just filling and trying to eat that all later in the day just won't work. You won't be able to do it. Trust me, you will need the carb-up for muscle healing and growth.

High Glycemic first 24 hours. Low glycemic last 24 hours.

High glycemic are generally the fast absorbing carbs. The foods that spike insulin levels faster. The more junkier carbs.

white rice, instant potatoes, instant rice, chips, muffins, bagel, corn flakes, ice cream, Baked potato, instant "Quick" or pre-cooked cereals, fruit juices sweetened with sugar.

Low gycemic are the more slower absorbing carbs. brown rice, sweet potatoes, beans, pasta, oatmeal, bran foods and bran cereals, most fruits except pineapples, raisins and watermellon. Low, no fat milk. Low fat yogarts.

You start early because you don't want to try and cram the remainder of your carbs in the evening. You will be too full to finish. So start as early as possible.

1700 calories of carbs is really not a lot. Its just filling and trying to eat that all later in the day just won't work. You won't be able to do it. Trust me, you will need the carb-up for muscle healing and growth.

High Glycemic first 24 hours. Low glycemic last 24 hours.

High glycemic are generally the fast absorbing carbs. The foods that spike insulin levels faster. The more junkier carbs.

white rice, instant potatoes, instant rice, chips, muffins, bagel, corn flakes, ice cream, Baked potato, instant "Quick" or pre-cooked cereals, fruit juices sweetened with sugar.

Low gycemic are the more slower absorbing carbs. brown rice, sweet potatoes, beans, pasta, oatmeal, bran foods and bran cereals, most fruits except pineapples, raisins and watermellon. Low, no fat milk. Low fat yogarts.

You start early because you don't want to try and cram the remainder of your carbs in the evening. You will be too full to finish. So start as early as possible.
    So basically i want to get in 1700g or 1800g depending on my weight in by my FINAL carb up hours correct? That's all I need clarified now Thanks ALOT que you've helped me a lot with this keto stuff (:

So basically i want to get in 1700g or 1800g depending on my weight in by my FINAL carb up hours correct? That's all I need clarified now Thanks ALOT que you've helped me a lot with this keto stuff (:
    I don't know your numbers unless I missed it. What does the calculations say for your carb-up based on your body stats?

Well using that calculator it said I should be intaking... 2000g-2200g a carbup session... here let me go do that again actually...

Yeah it says up to 2400g of carbs for my load up...

Well using that calculator it said I should be intaking... 2000g-2200g a carbup session... here let me go do that again actually...

Yeah it says up to 2400g of carbs for my load up...
    That is the only thing wrong with the program. Lyles wants you to cut your carb ratio during your second 24 hour carb-up. Because you are transitioning back into keto again.

The program doesn't account for that.

That is the only thing wrong with the program. Lyles wants you to cut your carb ratio during your second 24 hour carb-up. Because you are transitioning back into keto again.

The program doesn't account for that.
    But again back to my question. Is that 2400g for one 24 hour session or 2400g for 48 hours. I think I worded it better here.

But again back to my question. Is that 2400g for one 24 hour session or 2400g for 48 hours. I think I worded it better here.
    Its not 2400 grams, thats over 9000 calories. its 2400 calories.

"During the first 24 hours of carb-loading, carbohydrate intake should be 10 grams per
    kilogram of lean body mass or 4.5 grams of carbs per pound of lean body mass . This will
    represent 70% of the total calories consumed. The remaining calories are divided evenly between fat (15% of total calories) and protein (15% of total calories).

During the second 24 hours of carb-loading, carbohydrates will make up 60% of the total calories, protein 25% and fat 15%

higher glycogen levels can be attained over 24 hours, if higher Glycemic Index (GI) carbs are consumed. If carbing is continued past 24 hours, lower GI foods should be consumed.

So basically during your second 24 hours your carbs should be half of what your first 24 hour carb. So if your first 24 hour carb is 4.5 grams of carbs per 1 pound of lean body mass, your second 24 hour carb-up should be rougly 2.5 grams of carbs per 1 pound of lean body mass.

Do you follow?

Its not 2400 grams, thats over 9000 calories. its 2400 calories.

"During the first 24 hours of carb-loading, carbohydrate intake should be 10 grams per
    kilogram of lean body mass or 4.5 grams of carbs per pound of lean body mass . This will
    represent 70% of the total calories consumed. The remaining calories are divided evenly between fat (15% of total calories) and protein (15% of total calories).

During the second 24 hours of carb-loading, carbohydrates will make up 60% of the total calories, protein 25% and fat 15%

higher glycogen levels can be attained over 24 hours, if higher Glycemic Index (GI) carbs are consumed. If carbing is continued past 24 hours, lower GI foods should be consumed.

So basically during your second 24 hours your carbs should be half of what your first 24 hour carb. So if your first 24 hour carb is 4.5 grams of carbs per 1 pound of lean body mass, your second 24 hour carb-up should be rougly 2.5 grams of carbs per 1 pound of lean body mass.

Do you follow?
    Ohhhh I got it That makes ALOT more sense. Haha that other number I was like wow I am going to inflate and gain like 20 pounds.

Ok so as of yesterday, I took in 50g of carbs 5 hours prior to my depletion work out and then another 30-50g of fruits two hours before my work out. So I ate my first 50g of carbs starting 12 PM and lifted at about 5. EXACTLY when do I start counting my 24 hours of carbing up? Does it start when I get in my first 50g of carbs or when I am done with my depletion workout? Thanks!!!!

Any help with that Thanks que by the way why do people find carb up day hard. It's like amazing.

Ok so as of yesterday, I took in 50g of carbs 5 hours prior to my depletion work out and then another 30-50g of fruits two hours before my work out. So I ate my first 50g of carbs starting 12 PM and lifted at about 5. EXACTLY when do I start counting my 24 hours of carbing up? Does it start when I get in my first 50g of carbs or when I am done with my depletion workout? Thanks!!!!

Any help with that Thanks que by the way why do people find carb up day hard. It's like amazing.

You can count your carbs before depletion. They are in your body for that first 24 hours. They should count.

Big surprise in what I thought was going to be my carb-up day.

had my pre-carb foods before depletion. Went to the gym to do my depletion. Go most of it in but not all because I was called into work and spent 6 hours at work. It took me completely out of my schedule so I decided to can it and to it over on Sunday and do 1 - 24 hour carb up.

Decided to test for ketones when I got home and to my surprise my ketostix showed very dark readings.
    This is after eating:
    112 grams of carbs - 43 grams of fiber.

So at least for me, it seems true. To be in ketosis officially its under 100 grams of carbs.
    So what I got out of the deal was some energy during workout and a nice pump.

Got home from work, ate some broiled chicken and guacamole.

blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just wanted to say - I've been looking at other logs and you're constantly encouraging folks or offering advice. Who do you think you are, some kind of know-it-all?!

Thanks dude - keep it up!

Originally Posted by blacklantern View Post
    Just wanted to say - I've been looking at other logs and you're constantly encouraging folks or offering advice. Who do you think you are, some kind of know-it-all?!

Thanks dude - keep it up!
    No problem. Thanks. repped.

My workout routine doesn't really match what Lyles suggest so I decided to match what is described in Chapter 28 of his book. Not that i'm not seeing any results.

I didn't even realize you lived in VA... I live in NOVA lol, great job with progress so far. I am failing hard at the ketostix... It is weird I am keeping under 20g of carbs and keeping the fat high and protein at what it should be, but I keep reading negative and got a trace the other night. I am peeing a lot and mouth is dry when I wake up and such and the weird taste yeah; but showing up negative... I wonder what is wrong with me It was easy for me to read up on ketostix earlier when I started. I am drinking and keeping up with water intake better this time around then the past two weeks. AH!

I decided i'm going to do one day carb-up instead of 2 for a while. I think i'm reached a plateau. No weight gain at all just no weight loss. I have to also attribute to size increase in legs by 2 inches but discrease in size in other areas which is good.

Yeah, I see 203 for the first time after staying at 204-205 for 4 weeks. Still hung in there. Had some 1 on 1 sessions with Eileen via pm and decided since all else is correct I should just cut back on my carb-up to once a week. Lets see if I can get under 200 in 2 weeks or so. With 2 day carb-up for me I was probably bulking but the thing is I didn't gain a single pound. I would stay at 204-205 when I weigh in every saturday morning.
    Last edited by queloque; 07-22-2009 at 05:44 AM.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey, have you noticed all the new threads in the keto forums lately? i love it. It's like this diet just got popular.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..