Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You still have to attend court even though he dropped the charges? Waste of taxpayers money IMO.

Weight: 86.3

Deadlift 4x1x157.5, 2x1x155, 2x1x152.5
    BB bench Press 51: 12,10,8,8

Had trouble today. I think I am trying to advance too quickly and doing 10x1 takes me too close to my 1RM. I think I'll have to make it 15x1 minimum or no increase in weight allowed. I previously did 10x1x155 and I've failed twice to get 10x1x157.5 (but I was also sick in the intervening time). My front squat also came to point of failure - not good for maintaining high volume high frequency routine like Dopamine said.

Bench press was OK though - I think my new form is good and I can really feel my lats compress into the bench on the descent - so the bar seem to spring back upwards like I'm wearing gear

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You still have to attend court even though he dropped the charges? Waste of taxpayers money IMO.

Weight: 86.3

Deadlift 4x1x157.5, 2x1x155, 2x1x152.5
    BB bench Press 51: 12,10,8,8

Had trouble today. I think I am trying to advance too quickly and doing 10x1 takes me too close to my 1RM. I think I'll have to make it 15x1 minimum or no increase in weight allowed. I previously did 10x1x155 and I've failed twice to get 10x1x157.5 (but I was also sick in the intervening time). My front squat also came to point of failure - not good for maintaining high volume high frequency routine like Dopamine said.

Bench press was OK though - I think my new form is good and I can really feel my lats compress into the bench on the descent - so the bar seem to spring back upwards like I'm wearing gear
    Yea it's a waste for sure and our state is in a huge deficit right now, lol. Our state just needs to legalize weed and prostitution and tax the living hell out of it, then maybe we could start making some money.

As far as advancing too quickly goes, I do the same thing sometimes If I notice myself doing that, I'll drop the weight a little and continue on with my planned sets/reps. I find dropping the weight does not hinder my overall progress at all, and actually keeps my CNS fresher as well as decreases my time between sets which helps me get some of that sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. I don't know if the thought of deloading ever crossed your mind, but I try and hold off on deloading for as long as I can. I take it you've deloaded before so you know when the time would be right to do so, but right now it seems like you're good to keep pushing it at full intensity. Usually if I get a good 8 weeks solid of consistantly being in the gym, I'll consider deloading if I start to feel more tired than usual or a little off. I know CnP isn't about deloading but I think its necessary sometimes, so I'm just throwing it out there for future reference.

Good to hear your bench press is going ok also.
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    ^^ Definitely. I am being strict about rest pauses now as well as minimum 15 sets for singles. So I repeated weights I have done before today:

BTNPP: 10 x 3 x 70kg - 50 seconds between (not a jumpset) - this was tough

Jumpset:
    EZ bar curl - 3 x 8 x 45 -- still some form issues -- ouch painful pump again!
    Hanging leg raise (legs almost straight, touch the chin bar with feet): 10, 10, 12

Weight 86.9 -- er wow, this is rocketing

Box Squat 10x3x122.5 -- strict 1 minute rests

JS:
    BB bench Press: 52.5: 12,10,8,8
    Face pull with band: 4x10xG

86.7kg

Weighted Chins 10x3x25
    Power Clean 10x3x72.5 -- ouch! For some reason this gives me discomfort in my front delts/tops of my arms. I guess I can't do power cleans in anger just yet

Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    solid stuff man. Your weight is coming along well
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

Originally Posted by matt297 View Post
    solid stuff man. Your weight is coming along well
    Thanks, must be bouncing back from stomach bug.

Weight: 86.5

10 Circuits with 30 secs rest between (27mins)
    - Back squats 8x60kg
    - Pressups x10
    - Ab wheel (from knees) x5

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Curious to see how many cals you're consuming and how many meals that equals out to a day. I'm finally getting back to normal with my lifting routine and everything, prob taking in 3000-3500 easily and on a good day maybe 4000. All of it is spread out on average 5 meals and 3-4 protein shakes, also drink shake early in morning 3am when I go to bathroom. I remember mentioning that it seems like you're getting a recomp effect so far, is that still happening even though your gaining weight? I can honestly say myself that with the amount of training I'm doing right now, I am gaining muscle and losing some fat, srs.

My diet is not very under control when I am gaining because I don't find it hard to eat enough. In the past I have actually gained weight too fast, especially when loading my shakes with oats and things like that (but I was only training 3 days a week then). Nowadays I have a total of 70g of P from shakes and the rest from food.

Losing fat is another matter, I have to write everything down to make sure I stick to my calorie limit - it's harder to get enough protein when restricting calories too so I have to get choosy about foods - lean meats, some wholegrain bread or pasta, beans, dairy, eggs.

I do intermittent fasting so I eat nothing until 10:30-11:00 when I have some whey. Then at 11:00-11:30 I train and eat a massive lunch at 12:00-12:30. This usually involves some meat - chicken wings, chicken breast, pork chops. Sometimes I have bacon, eggs, beans, toast etc.

I am out of work at the moment so I snack all afternoon, a mixture of "good" things like fruit, yoghurt, cold meat, oatcakes, cheese and quite a few not-so-good things too. In the evening, I have more meat with vegetables and potatos or wholegrains. At 8pm, I stop eating after having a milk protein shake.

I am not a keto guy like Jamie. I believe from all I've read that macros and GI are not important (apart from protein). On the occaisons that I have worked out calories etc. I think I'm getting 3000-3300 calories and 180-250g of protein.

On non heavy lifting days I often try to keep calories down to around 2500.

I believe that I get the same effects as a keto diet from intermittent fasting as detailed in this rather technical article:

http://180degreehealth.blogspot.com/...honeymoon.html

As for recomping, I'm not sure. My strength gains are hard to quantify just lately because of the stomach bug and my problems with hitting failure - but the calipers are showing around 12.5% fat despite the rising weight so I guess it's all good .

I think we just have to work our asses off and we WILL get there, it's a brutal but simple philosophy.

Interesting stuff, sounds like you got a good system down. I could not make it through my workout with just whey before though, lol. I have an extremely high metabolism and need all the protein, carbs, fats I can get before a hard workout. I usually have 2 meals and 2 protein shakes before my workout(no work or school right now either, but start taking classes in 2 months). My preworkout meal is always as much as I can eat w/ a whey shake, then wait 1 and 1/2 hours and get some stims in my system(Methyl Mass, recommended by Jamie) and start lifting half hour later.

I agree with you that keto isn't necessary, I can easily lose fat other ways. Personally I have never tried keto, but I imagine it would absolutely wreck me due to the fact I require a lot of carbs, but you never know, I hear the first week or so is the hardest. If I were to try anything like that I would give Paleo a shot first.

I think we just have to work our asses off and we WILL get there, it's a brutal but simple philosophy.
    Agreed, + consistency.

Weight: 86.1 (I didn't eat much yesterday - going to have a BBQ later today though )

Deadlift: 8 x 3 x 145kg -- strict 1:10 rest periods made this tough

Bench press: 53.5kg: 12,10,8,8

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    (Methyl Mass, recommended by Jamie)
    You realize this is a PH and requires PCT, yes?
    *No Crew*

Originally Posted by TexAss View Post
    Sounds like serious stuff
    PH = prohormone?
    PCT =?

Day off today. Already been for a long walk. Now wife wants a long bike ride too.

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like serious stuff
    PH = prohormone?
    PCT =?

Day off today. Already been for a long walk. Now wife wants a long bike ride too.
    PCT = post cycle therapy

Necessary after a cycle of prohormones/steroids to restart the HPTA.
    *No Crew*

PCT = post cycle therapy

Necessary after a cycle of prohormones/steroids to restart the HPTA.
    I'm not going to mess with that shiz

Weight: 86.8

Barbell Row 10 x 3 x 100 45secs rest -- grip slipping but otherwise ready to up this

Jumpset:
    DB Press 23.5: 6,6,6,8 -- have upped the weight on this
    Unilateral snatch: 3x16, 3x18.5, 2x3x21 -- First time for this one. It's easier than C+J! That's not right...

I've been reading an e-book by this guy:

http://www.180degreehealth.com/

It's very interesting - a way of kickstarting the low metabolisms people with weight problems and serial dieters have. Not relevant to me necessarily but I am thinking about various female relatives who fit this category perfectly.

Cliff notes:
    - Eating fat, even saturated fat is not necessarily the reason people have high cholesterol
    - Vitamin B6 reduces serum cholesterol
    - Reduce refined carbs and sugar wherever possible - not because ALL carbs are bad but because refined carbs don't come with the micronutrients necessary for you to metabolise them properly. They will tend to make you fat and lethargic
    - Eat fibre with every meal. Fibre fermentation produces butyric acids which have been shown to raise metabolism and allow people on an ad libitum diet to maintain healthy bodyfat levels withou dieting.
    - A period of overfeeding can raise a persons metabolism as indicated by their resting core temperature. This can then be sustained by healthy eating.

Weight: 86.7

Front Squat 10x3x90 1min rests -- done this before but is harder with 1 min rests. Will add 1kg next time.

BB bench Press 55: 12,10,8,8 -- getting tougher. 3rd set is the hardest for some reason.

I have a physio appointment today but my shoulder is pretty much better now. Still, I want to see if they have any general advice about my posture and protecting my neck and shoulders

86.8kg

Not good day today - my traps are really hurting so this was a poor choice of exercises!
    Snatch 6x3x55
    Ab Wheel (feet/band) 4x3xPlain

Band Pushdown 4x8xG+P
    Band curl 4x8xR+B

How do you anchor the band on the wheel side?

BB rollouts I can see but w/ one of those ab wheels...?
    *No Crew*

How do you anchor the band on the wheel side?

BB rollouts I can see but w/ one of those ab wheels...?
    I sling the band over the chinup bar and put it around my waist. Then I do the rollouts from the standing position.

I forgot to mention my visit to the physio yesterday. I rate her actually and learned a few things.
    - My traps are too tight. I have restricted neck movement. She showed me a simple stretch
    - My scapulae are too high and I have a very slight RC impingement, she showed me some setting exercises which also activate the rotator cuff. Interestingly she does NOT like the broomhandle stretch. She says it's an unnatural movement and would be grinding the joint!
    - She recommended core work on a bosu ball but was open to the idea that heavy weight training activates the core already. The main conclusion from this was that it would be a good idea to not use the belt during general training and practice tightening my lower abs instead of pushing them against the belt. I might have to use less weight but this will be better for my posture.

I sling the band over the chinup bar and put it around my waist. Then I do the rollouts from the standing position.
    Oh, duh. For some reason I assumed feet and rolling device. It would be far easier to anchor to something else and your waist, I imagine.

Interestingly she does NOT like the broomhandle stretch. She says it's an unnatural movement and would be grinding the joint!
    Eric Cressey doesn't like it either I don't think. Not for those reasons necessarily. I'll have to go back and look at what he said. It may have been specific to overhead throwing athletes.
    *No Crew*

Back from banned camp

Propadrol is comprised of two different compounds. One of them is a designer steroid which is a very weak progesterone, the other is a mild AI(aromatase inhibitor). Methyl Mass just has the AI in it, not the designer steroid. There has been a lot of confusion over this. I think Jamie still believes that it has the full propadrol in it, but that is not the case. I always do a ridiculous amount of research on anything before putting it into my body.

Conclusion-Methyl mass does not require PCT.

I forgot to mention my visit to the physio yesterday. I rate her actually and learned a few things.
    - My traps are too tight. I have restricted neck movement. She showed me a simple stretch
    - My scapulae are too high and I have a very slight RC impingement, she showed me some setting exercises which also activate the rotator cuff. Interestingly she does NOT like the broomhandle stretch. She says it's an unnatural movement and would be grinding the joint!
    - She recommended core work on a bosu ball but was open to the idea that heavy weight training activates the core already. The main conclusion from this was that it would be a good idea to not use the belt during general training and practice tightening my lower abs instead of pushing them against the belt. I might have to use less weight but this will be better for my posture.
    Good stuff, makes me want to go to a physio myself. I don't think I'll ever use a belt, I know Jamie said before he started using the ab wheel he needed a belt. There's also a theory that Derek Poundstone and Evan Centopani have that wearing a belt can actually create a more rounded out belly look. So basically your abs won't be as aesthetically pleasing if this is true, that is if you're more of the "bodybuilder" type. Don't know if it's true or not, but I found it interesting and thought I would throw it out there.
    Last edited by dopamine72; 06-24-2010 at 09:37 AM.

Propadrol is comprised of two different compounds. One of them is a designer steroid which is a very weak progesterone, the other is a mild AI(aromatase inhibitor). Methyl Mass just has the AI in it, not the designer steroid. There has been a lot of confusion over this. I think Jamie still believes that it has the full propadrol in it, but that is not the case. I always do a ridiculous amount of research on anything before putting it into my body.

Conclusion-Methyl mass does not require PCT.
    Odd that the ingredient list just says Propadrol rather than listing the AI. In fact, I would say that's retarded, not odd.

Good that you do you your homework. A lot of people don't and end up in trouble.

I didn't mean to come off condescending in my post. My apologies if it came across that way.
    *No Crew*

There's also a theory that Derek Poundstone and Evan Centopani have that wearing a belt can actually create a more rounded out belly look. So basically your abs won't be as aesthetically pleasing if this is true, that is if you're more of the "bodybuilder" type. Don't know if it's true or not, but I found it interesting and thought I would throw it out there.
    The physio seemed to think so. I don't think it's changing the shape of your abs, just putting more tension in the TVA. I guess that our posture is determined by the 'resting' tension in various muscles like the TVA - and the subscapularis which is what I'm working on.

It will be interesting to see if I have to reduce weight when not using the belt. Front squat is probably the worst exercise when your abs get tired - we'll just have to see...

I'd be willing to bet that you have weak lower traps also.

I do, along with some of the other issues you are presenting.

You might benefit from some YTWLs, scapular wall slides (can be done in a door frame as well) and no money drills.
    *No Crew*

I'd be willing to bet that you have weak lower traps also.

I do, along with some of the other issues you are presenting.

You might benefit from some YTWLs, scapular wall slides (can be done in a door frame as well) and no money drills.
    I'll look that up, thanks

I am also going to do this (on top of everything else!)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

As I think I have a distended gut - if you saw my stomach, you wouldn't think I look like 12-13% bodyfat :-/

I'll look that up, thanks

I am also going to do this (on top of everything else!)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

As I think I have a distended gut - if you saw my stomach, you wouldn't think I look like 12-13% bodyfat :-/
    I play with those on occasion. I think planks are supposed to work better and you can weight them if needed
    *No Crew*

OK, I am currently 87.2kg, with 36'' waist - which is ridiculous when my calipers show an 8mm suprailiac reading.

I'm going to stop using the belt and start doing stomach vacuums - and measure again in 3 weeks....

Avoiding anything traps related today

Weight: 87.2

Weighted Chins 10x3x26.25 - 45 secs rests

DB Press 23:7,7,7,8 -- I am pissed off because one of my bulldog collars broke and now I can't get it on/off without pliers
    Pullthrough w/bands 4x10xGreen+Plain

EZ bar cuban: 30x10

Stomach vacuums 3x20secs

Odd that the ingredient list just says Propadrol rather than listing the AI. In fact, I would say that's retarded, not odd.

Good that you do you your homework. A lot of people don't and end up in trouble.

I didn't mean to come off condescending in my post. My apologies if it came across that way.
    Yeah they could have done a better job being more clear about what exactly is in the product. A lot of people still don't know its just an AI. No need to apologize, I understand why you said what you said. You're right, there are a lot of people out there(idiots), who put stuff into their body, not knowing exactly what it is they're taking.