Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Walking on to an NFL team

I've recently decided to tryout for an NFL team next season. I'm shooting to just make special teams and turn some heads, and at the very least, if nothing comes from it I would be in great shape after training. As of this moment, I'm 6'7" 270 with ~ 15% bodyfat. I havent run a 40 since HS, and would predict it to be ~5. I played HS football, but ultimately went to college to play basketball. I figure I would need to start contacting scouts around Jan. / Feb. of next year (someone enlighten me if I'm off on this) with my 225 bench, 40 time, shuttle run time, vertical leap. What I'm asking of this forum is your opinion of what my core exercises should be. I have a PT friend of my who will be doing agility / explosion / plyo work with me 1-2 x's a week. Other than that, I'm on my own in the gym. Any input would be appreciated.

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your gonna have a tuff time making it on specials teams due to the fact you are a linemen...b/c they wont put a 6'7 270lbs kid on kickoff, or punt/return/ team......most likely only on kick return, and XP block, and XP's
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    and im not sure the NFL does open tryouts anymore
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How old are you??
    6'1'' about 230 pounds

March 2009 stats------------March 2010 stats
    Bench 185x4-----------------Bench 250x2
    Front Squat 165x5------------Front Squat 235x3
    Deadlift 365x1----------------Deadlift 465x1

scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scutterd5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can't just walk on an nfl team they don't do open tryouts. Don't waste your time you're dreaming.

Lost 161lbs and counting Freddie Beef's Avatar
    Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They used to, my Uncle Donnie once tried out for the bears like 15 years ago, he was 6'6 340 pounds, didint make it of course.
    Strong and Brave, to the grave

ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The only possible way you could is by contacting some sort of agent.
    Or going and doing a masters/doctorate whatever and applying to NFL teams from there.

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    he probably just finished watching invincible.......

i know up here in canada, the CFL had some teams with open tryouts back in may, were tons of rules and restrictions, and that was still just to go to training camp
    **Canadian Crew**

Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alfro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do they do tryouts for arena football teams?I am not old enough...Just curious, were getting a like division 2 arena fotball team and I was wondering about in the furure...
    Kinda gay looking but here is a link if anyone cares...

www.msheadhunters.com very gay name I know...

WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You have to get in contact with coaches, probably grab an agent... and you have to do some kind of tape of you working out... you are going to have to get the agents to almost annoy the coaches for them to give you a workout but you can get invited to a work-out chances are though you will be in over your head if you havent played college ball but that didnt stop Antonio Gates... if you can get in great shape and prove to be athletic you may get a shot.... work hard

whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatsinaname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Veeshmack View Post

never seen that movie, but thanks for the d!ck comment.

To people who posted about the tryouts, thanks for the input, I wasnt aware they didnt hold opens.

I wonder how someone like Antonio Gates got a tryout. Anyone know ?

I'm well aware its a longshot (understatement of the century) but, why not try?
    Last edited by whatsinaname; 08-01-2007 at 10:40 AM.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    NFL teams can workout as many guys as they want, its up to them, so if you get their interest then you can get a workout. but thats really all it is, a Workout. it helps to have an agent, but if you dont, your gonna have to do the work.

and its not the scouts that you contact, they have nothing to do with that,its the coaches you have to contact. if you dont have current film of yourself them have someone film some workouts of you. some parts of you in the weight room and also parts of you out on the field doing drills and just showing your speed and agility. also if you have film of you playing bball in college put some of that in, dont put in clips of you making baskets, that doenst matter to them, put clips in there of you jumping high and swatting people, you going up against guys, etc. and if you make a film, alll you have to do is just send it to whatever nfl teams you want, make sure you call them and tell them you have film coming, etc.

ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post

To people who posted about the tryouts, thanks for the input, I wasnt aware they didnt hold opens.

Contact him. He may feel obliged to set you up if he was in the same position lol.

Oops back to cutting PowerBuilder08's Avatar
    PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post

Try and get a hold of someone. 99% of the time they only invite recent college grads or semi-pro guys to tryouts. I would recommend trying to get on an arena team first, then going from there.
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

Powerlifting Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175783781

Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    NFL teams can workout as many guys as they want, its up to them, so if you get their interest then you can get a workout. but thats really all it is, a Workout. it helps to have an agent, but if you dont, your gonna have to do the work.

and its not the scouts that you contact, they have nothing to do with that,its the coaches you have to contact. if you dont have current film of yourself them have someone film some workouts of you. some parts of you in the weight room and also parts of you out on the field doing drills and just showing your speed and agility. also if you have film of you playing bball in college put some of that in, dont put in clips of you making baskets, that doenst matter to them, put clips in there of you jumping high and swatting people, you going up against guys, etc. and if you make a film, alll you have to do is just send it to whatever nfl teams you want, make sure you call them and tell them you have film coming, etc.

good advice man, thanks....

..worth a shot right ?

LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Veeshmack View Post

i know up here in canada, the CFL had some teams with open tryouts back in may, were tons of rules and restrictions, and that was still just to go to training camp
    The Eskimos had a open tryout it May. $80 or $100/person and you did some agility drills and 40's. Also were standing long jumps. The receivers caught some balls while being covered by DB's. They did this to scout 1 potential players who's gonna get drafted next season from the CIS. NOBODY was asked to come to camp!

My advise to anybody wanting to play Pro and hasnt played College or CIS is to play on a semipro team and get some experience at a higher level than HS, because nobody with only HS experience will make a pro team.
    Bump in the jeep go rah right

Official NHL Threads 2009 playoff pool winner

NHL - Edmonton Oilers
    NFL - Dallas Cowboys
    NCAAF - Texas Longhorns

ACHILLES:[to his men] Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are! We are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take It! It's Yours!

ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would say your best bet is to tryout for some sort of arena type football team. I know in cincinnati they have open tryouts, if you were to make that team and do well then you might have a chance of trying out for an NFL team.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by acbrits08 View Post
    Try and get a hold of someone. 99% of the time they only invite recent college grads or semi-pro guys to tryouts. I would recommend trying to get on an arena team first, then going from there.
    ya try the nfl thing sometime soon and if it doesnt work then go check out an Af2 or afl team, much easier to make it than the nfl. you can build some film and then send it to nfl teams hoping to get a tryout.

i dont know about AFL team but i do know that every single AF2 team has several open tryouts. they around around jan-march.

xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well there are always other leagues too. And also, NFL may offer to send you to NFL europe teams to train there for experience b4 u come back. Or you might try out for CFL, I believe they have open tryouts. (Not very sure though)
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slick1235676 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wouldn't every football player out of highschool try out for the NFL if he was able to?

Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xKKx7 View Post
    Well there are always other leagues too. And also, NFL may offer to send you to NFL europe teams to train there for experience b4 u come back.
    NFL Europa ceased operations after this past season.

mattyj46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CDN_MLB View Post
    The Eskimos had a open tryout it May. $80 or $100/person and you did some agility drills and 40's. Also were standing long jumps. The receivers caught some balls while being covered by DB's. They did this to scout 1 potential players who's gonna get drafted next season from the CIS. NOBODY was asked to come to camp!

My advise to anybody wanting to play Pro and hasnt played College or CIS is to play on a semipro team and get some experience at a higher level than HS, because nobody with only HS experience will make a pro team.

That what I'm doing, heading over to the US to play some semi-pro ball in the Mid American Football League, never played football before theirfore am playing punter/kicker as I kicked in my rugby team in high school, my ultimate aim is to play in the NFL, realistically its probaly not going to happen but that won't stop me pushing as hard as I can to make tryout. As soon as I get over to Tahoe, CA in the winter to work there's gana be plenty of time in the gym.
    Last edited by mattyj46; 08-03-2007 at 01:35 AM.

LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LVI is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
    That what I'm doing, heading over to the US to play some semi-pro ball in the Mid American Football League, never played football before theirfore am playing punter/kicker as I kicked in my rugby team in high school, my ultimate aim is to play in the NFL, realistically its probaly not going to happen but that won't stop me pushing as hard as I can to make tryout. As soon as I get over to Tahoe, CA in the winter to work there's gana be plenty of time in the gym.
    Good luck
    Bump in the jeep go rah right

Official NHL Threads 2009 playoff pool winner

NHL - Edmonton Oilers
    NFL - Dallas Cowboys
    NCAAF - Texas Longhorns

ACHILLES:[to his men] Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are! We are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take It! It's Yours!

Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    See how well you do in Semi-pro, but Buying all your equipment may put a dent in your finances...

Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Alfro View Post
    Do they do tryouts for arena football teams?I am not old enough...Just curious, were getting a like division 2 arena fotball team and I was wondering about in the furure...
    Kinda gay looking but here is a link if anyone cares...

www.msheadhunters.com very gay name I know...
    yeah they still do open tryouts, once a year. my friend looked into it last year, but never got committed enough to actually workout and prepare, so didnt go. i think they just put it on their websites, so look around. and it should be around this time of year, so you might be able to find out some info

Registered User johnnyappleseed's Avatar
    johnnyappleseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnyappleseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnyappleseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Squat and deadlift twice a week. Bench once. FOCUS on speed. Run an abundance of 10s and 20s. Work on any exercise that promotes knee bend especially at 6'7'' And just get as strong for your size as possible. DROP leg extensions and curls. All Lunges RDL Squats and SLDLs with a dumbell. Dont think about touching a machine now. And push your car around an empty parking lot twice a week on leg days.
    augustus gloop

mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500)
    A good way to get a try out for a team is to do combines. Here is a good link http://www.combines.com/home.asp

You will need to wait untill next year though

cavs2321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whoever asked about antonio gates....he played bball at kent state and was big and could move with good size,,,after his sophmore year there, there were more nfl scouts on him then nba scouts.

rusty hands make me happy goodLIFT's Avatar
    goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my dad tried out for the SanAntonio Gunslingers back in the 80s. (team is gone now). he tried out for RB. he came in at 5'10 240. made it through 3 weeks and then cut...

Originally Posted by johnnyappleseed View Post
    Squat and deadlift twice a week. Bench once. FOCUS on speed. Run an abundance of 10s and 20s. Work on any exercise that promotes knee bend especially at 6'7'' And just get as strong for your size as possible. DROP leg extensions and curls. All Lunges RDL Squats and SLDLs with a dumbell. Dont think about touching a machine now. And push your car around an empty parking lot twice a week on leg days.

Thanks man, good advice.

I've been looking around, realistically, I would need to play semi-pro or lower level Arena League to get a serious look. There are tryouts for an AF2 team in my area at the end of October. I'll go just for a tryout, but dont think I'd have enough time to train. Semi-pro teams around here seem like another option as well. Either way, the thing I need to focus on is the training, and let all the other $hit fall where it may.