Closed Thread
    TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Anyone used Apple Cider Vinegar to cure Acid Reflux?

I picked up a bottle because I've read a lot on website about the "possible" curing abilities of Apple Cider Vinegar.

I took 3 tablespoons with a glass of water. Not the best taste, but I can deal with it.

Has anyone used this for acid reflux? Results? How do/did you use it?

Appreciate info.

Noobsauce Olympic Lifter Crematia's Avatar
    Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've taken a swig of straight white vinegar (all I had in the house) when my otc medicine doesn't work well enough, it works. Sometimes have to take it 2x.

TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Crematia View Post
    I've taken a swig of straight white vinegar (all I had in the house) when my otc medicine doesn't work well enough, it works. Sometimes have to take it 2x.
    Damn, that's hardcore

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TOMaHULK View Post
    I picked up a bottle because I've read a lot on website about the "possible" curing abilities of Apple Cider Vinegar.

I took 3 tablespoons with a glass of water. Not the best taste, but I can deal with it.

Has anyone used this for acid reflux? Results? How do/did you use it?

Appreciate info.
    ^
    Really not anything but an old wives tale. < there is no evidence to suggest that it helps in the least and, if anything, the acidity will make it worse.

For natural things that help - chewable deglycyrrhizinated licorice, aloe vera, bladderwrack, etc - are all more likely to help.... Otherwise get yourself some TUMS or mylanta... Or, if REALLY bad - go and ask your doc for some medication (****c or Nexium or the like)...

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    ^
    Really not anything but an old wives tale. < there is no evidence to suggest that it helps in the least and, if anything, the acidity will make it worse.

For natural things that help - chewable deglycyrrhizinated licorice, aloe vera, bladderwrack, etc - are all more likely to help.... Otherwise get yourself some TUMS or mylanta... Or, if REALLY bad - go and ask your doc for some medication (****c or Nexium or the like)...

Wow-informative.

I actually have a prescription for it already, but wanted to try to stop taking it and try this out. Think maybe I'll give it a week and if it doesn't change, back to RX.

But thanks for deglycyrrhizinated licorice/bladderwrack.

Rep'd, although don't think you'll notice :_( LOL

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow-informative.

I actually have a prescription for it already, but wanted to try to stop taking it and try this out. Think maybe I'll give it a week and if it doesn't change, back to RX.

But thanks for deglycyrrhizinated licorice/bladderwrack.

Rep'd, although don't think you'll notice :_( LOL
    ^
    Oeso****eal damage due to reflux is not a good thing... Like the sun damages your skin, the acid damages the cells of your oeso****us and, over time, it can go on to become cancer....

The medications used to treat reflux are also relatively 'inert' - very little in terms of side effects... So you are better off getting your symptoms under control than trying to 'battle through'.

ps : Thanks... << do notice....
    (pss: *cough* ermmm... but it be sir-ette *cough* )

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I use Apple Cider Vinegar on my salads. Cleans me out realll nice.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiz-iks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've used apple cider vinegar to cure seborrheic dermatitis, works better than any dandruff shampoo!

Not really on topic but just thought I would share
    *Strong Everything 2018 Champion*

(pss: *cough* ermmm... but it be sir-ette *cough* )
    Well damn...guess you told me

Lightbulb

I ran out of my acid reflux med on Friday night.

Figured I'd try this until I absoletely "need" the mediciation.

I went Saturday and Sunday without the mediciation (it was bad).

Finally on Monday I picked up the Vinegar and have been using since Monday night.

Have to be fair and honest = No acid reflux.

And I even ate Tai Food last night (Tai Hot level-for those that know about Tai food).

And not even then. It's not a situation where I'll get it occasionally either. If I don't take something daily (right now being the vinegar), I'll have acid.

So it's actually working and I'm a skeptic too, so thought I'd just post to aware people.

On that note, I will be out of town this weekend and I'll pick up my prescription in case I need it (I'm not stupid), but I'll only use it if needed. If not, Vinegar is much cheaper and from what I hear...has additional health benefits.

Just wanted to share.

BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    used to get acid reflux bad. Picked up some Aloe Vera Juice, and drank a serving daily for something like a month. Helped a lot, dont know the science behind it- but it worked for me. but be warned- it tastes....different. Had to mix it with a juice of some sort
    "lady who goes fishing with men, comes back with red snapper" ~ Walt Whitman, 1986

★★ Blast it With Piss Crew ★★

♋ Mods close my wat do threads Crew ♋

the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    apple cider vinegar is unbelievable for heartburn. i keep a bottle on hand at all times - take a healthy swig, your stomach feels like sh*t for 10 seconds, and then it's gone. i've been going prilosec on for 2 days (gets me bloated), then like 4 days off the prilosec with just ACV.

i believe the science is that ACV actually puts acid in your stomach.. therefore telling your stomach to stop producing it? who knows
    - Disregard females, acquire real estate
    - MAGA
    - Fauci for prison
    - Pureblood

Originally Posted by the700level View Post
    apple cider vinegar is unbelievable for heartburn. i keep a bottle on hand at all times - take a healthy swig, your stomach feels like sh*t for 10 seconds, and then it's gone. i've been going prilosec on for 2 days (gets me bloated), then like 4 days off the prilosec with just ACV.

i believe the science is that ACV actually puts acid in your stomach.. therefore telling your stomach to stop producing it? who knows
    Yep. ^^This is what I heard.

Essentially if you have acid in your stomach, then your stomach pumps won't produce extra amounts.

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i had acid reflux disease when i was 15

i went on aciphex for 1 year, 1 pill daily - it literally cured my disease.

i'll occasionally get heartburn, usually from binge drinking. but any food item is going to be a temporary fix.. you need to get to the doctor to cure the problem
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

Unregistered Sex Offender Bramble's Avatar
    Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^
    Oeso****eal damage due to reflux is not a good thing... Like the sun damages your skin, the acid damages the cells of your oeso****us and, over time, it can go on to become cancer....
    i dont know about you but im pretty sure my stomach acid does not emit radiation
    My are your are birds are all and one gone away the they
    ಠ_ಠ

rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubbertoe20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Be sure to drink it through a straw, I heard ACV really ****s up your teeth's enamel.

bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Fiz-iks View Post
    I've used apple cider vinegar to cure seborrheic dermatitis, works better than any dandruff shampoo!

Not really on topic but just thought I would share
    interesting, I'll have to try that.

I use apple cider vinegar on my salads and it tastes great! Much better than balsamic vinegar IMO.

Originally Posted by cheeseandrice View Post
    i had acid reflux disease when i was 15

i went on aciphex for 1 year, 1 pill daily - it literally cured my disease.

i'll occasionally get heartburn, usually from binge drinking. but any food item is going to be a temporary fix.. you need to get to the doctor to cure the problem
    I have been to a doctor and "do" take a pill. Trying this out as an alternative/cheaper means.

I've been taking it with a glass of water and 3 tablespoons of Vinegar.

Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    i dont know about you but im pretty sure my stomach acid does not emit radiation
    Uh-ha...... cause I meant it literally.

for those interested: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/barretts/

VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^

Consider my reply a friendly retort rather than an aggressive challenge.

^
    It can't go both ways. If there is no evidence to suggest that it helps that means that there is no evidence to suggest that it doesn't so we can't dismiss its efficacy on a lack of information.

Many old wives tales are proving to be valid. Herbs used for hundreds & thousands of years are blowing away the modern medical community with their statistically significant contributions to alleviating certain conditions. 20 years ago, Turmeric was nothing more than a cooking spice & a healing herb in Indian folklore. Today it is being studied meticulously for its prevention of cancer, Alzheimer's, aging, & many more conditions.

Your claim that the acidity would make it worse is also not correct. The PH of stomach acid is quite a bit lower than that of ACV. About 1.0 vs 2.4 respectively. In the absence of ACV, the gastric juices are doing the eso****eal damage. I understand that logic can't always be applied to everything (dynamite used to put out oil fires in Iraq), but adding PH 2.4 acid to a solution of pH 1.0 acid will only serve to dilute it further.

Although subjective, I have personal experience using ACV to alleviate GERD & it's been very helpful for me. I take about an ounce of ACV after my last meal at night & sleep like a baby. When I don't do this for extended periods, the burn comes back.
    Last edited by VegetaGD; 04-11-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Talking

Originally Posted by VegetaGD View Post
    Consider my reply a friendly retort rather than an aggressive challenge.

It can't go both ways. If there is no evidence to suggest that it helps that means that there is no evidence to suggest that it doesn't so we can't dismiss its efficacy on a lack of information.

Many old wives tales are proving to be valid. Herbs used for hundreds & thousands of years are blowing away the modern medical community with their statistically significant contributions to alleviating certain conditions. 20 years ago, Turmeric was nothing more than a cooking spice & a healing herb in Indian folklore. Today it is being studied meticulously for its prevention of cancer, Alzheimer's, aging, & many more conditions.

Your claim that the acidity would make it worse is also not correct. The PH of stomach acid is quite a bit lower than that of ACV. About 1.0 vs 2.4 respectively. In the absence of ACV, the gastric juices are doing the eso****eal damage. I understand that logic can't always be applied to everything (dynamite used to put out oil fires in Iraq), but adding PH 2.4 acid to a solution of pH 1.0 acid will only serve to dilute it further.

Although subjective, I have personal experience using ACV to alleviate GERD & it's been very helpful for me. I take about an ounce of ACV after my last meal at night & sleep like a baby. When I don't do this for extended periods, the burn comes back.
    Dude-that was 2 months ago. Lol-did u slip into a coma?
    ★I SUPPORT THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE U.S. MILITARY★
    |ALUMNI| University of South Florida Bulls
    |FOUNDER| >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>
    Link for Crew - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126695313
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude-that was 2 months ago. Lol-did u slip into a coma?
    Not sure I follow you. Does it matter if a thread is 3 years old if you add something new to it?

Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    Thought you might want to read these. Radiation isn't the only carcinogenic element in the universe you know...

http://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-ed...7/july-01.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0810064605.htm

http://www.rxpgnews.com/oeso****eal-...857_4857.shtml

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0708180418.htm

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/200...****eal-cancer

Originally Posted by VegetaGD View Post
    Not sure I follow you. Does it matter if a thread is 3 years old if you add something new to it?
    Of course not. Joking...
    ★I SUPPORT THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE U.S. MILITARY★
    |ALUMNI| University of South Florida Bulls
    |FOUNDER| >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>
    Link for Crew - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126695313
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning

Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000) Jackslap is just really nice. (+1000)
    Didn't see it was an old thread until now, sorry.

Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bolland is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im trying ACV for acid reflux now. I'm pretty sure i have LPR (basically GERD, only with little to no heartburn). not sure if it is helping or not. i find that when i eat it gets worse. especially carbs.