Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    I've often figured I'm in this group and would benefit from doing leg presses, but I work out in my home gym and have no intention of splashing out for a leg press machine. At the moment my leg work is front squats, good mornings, conventional deadlifts, Bulgarian Split squats and calf raises.

Wonder if OP is in the 'long femur short torso club' like me? Regardless, if I had access to a leg press, I would still squat. I expect the extra quad growth would translate to a bigger squat.
    Well that last comment suggests that having a bigger squat is a goal of yours. In that case you'd have to squat of course.

But for people just interested in hypertrophy there's no necessity. Bulgarian split squats are great btw.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've often figured I'm in this group and would benefit from doing leg presses, but I work out in my home gym and have no intention of splashing out for a leg press machine. At the moment my leg work is front squats, good mornings, conventional deadlifts, Bulgarian Split squats and calf raises.

Wonder if OP is in the 'long femur short torso club' like me? Regardless, if I had access to a leg press, I would still squat. I expect the extra quad growth would translate to a bigger squat.
    YES!! Read my post #146

I’ve read elsewhere this condition = chit genetics. No offense and I guess we’re dealt the card we’re dealt. Can’t do anything about it now besides we deal with it. Haha
    **^^ gone ^^**

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    My squat form/approach doesn't need fixing... i know the tactics ;o)
    true true lol
    **^^ gone ^^**

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    YES!! Read my post #146

I’ve read elsewhere this condition = chit genetics. No offense and I guess we’re dealt the card we’re dealt. Can’t do anything about it now besides we deal with it. Haha
    A 115lb squat on a male isn’t ‘bad genetics’...
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

A 115lb squat on a male isn’t ‘bad genetics’...
    What is it? Just pussy of a male? lol

But seriously, what is it? What is a 115lb squat on a male? (Srs question)

Not trying to blame genetics. Srs. That’s what I’ve read. There was a thread about this the other day. Dunno if RapidFail made that thread

but seriously, squatting is pretty difficult man. It’s totally not natural. Genetics or not, it sucks. Deadlifting used to take more out of me than squatting, but getting that squat set right, that’s just ****en challenging.

I like to squat actually but it’s pretty difficult to get right for me. It’s not natural for my body. Dunno.
    **^^ gone ^^**

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    YES!! Read my post #146

Ah yep. We both have heaps of room for improvement in our squat. From what I understand, having the long femur/short torso combo means we have to lean further forward to stay balanced squatting and we are better suited to squatting high bar and front squats. Last time I squatted low bar I injured by back and my physio suggested I focus on front squats (even with those I need a lot of forward lean to not fall backwards at the bottom).

When I got my suit fitted for my wedding, the tailor told me I have the legs of a 6'3" man and the upper body of a 5'9" man!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181179323&p=1658333353#post1658333353

Height: 185cm (6'1")
    Weight: 79.3kg (175lb)

Personal best lifts
    Bench - 6 x 65kg (143lb), 8 x 62.5kg (138lb)
    Bent Over Row - 10 x 70kg (154lb)
    Front squat - 5 x 67.5kg (149lb)
    Back squat - 1 x 95kg (209lb), 8 x 77.5kg (171lb)
    RDL - 9 x 87.5kg (193lb)
    Deadlift - 6 x 107.5kg (237lb)
    Overhead Press - 6 x 40kg (88lb)
    Chin Ups - 7 x bodyweight + 12.5kg (27.5lb), 14 x b.weight

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

But seriously, what is it? What is a 115lb squat on a male?
    Assuming your form isn't horrible and assuming you spent enough time and effort on it: it's a signal that there are other exercises that will give you more hypertrophy bang for buck.

Not everyone is built to squat.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

But seriously, what is it? What is a 115lb squat on a male? (Srs question)

Not trying to blame genetics. Srs. That’s what I’ve read. There was a thread about this the other day. Dunno if RapidFail made that thread

but seriously, squatting is pretty difficult man. It’s totally not natural. Genetics or not, it sucks. Deadlifting used to take more out of me than squatting, but getting that squat set right, that’s just ****en challenging.

I like to squat actually but it’s pretty difficult to get right for me. It’s not natural for my body. Dunno.
    idk post knee surgeries I was squatting 80 lbs

Inconsistent work outs and a lack of trying to progress by not trying to push harder each workout
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Assuming your form isn't horrible and assuming you spent enough time and effort on it: it's a signal that there are other exercises that will give you more hypertrophy bang for buck.

Not everyone is built to squat.
    If you care to know here is what happened

[note: during all of the below, I know now I was making a mistake of not resetting like should’ve. But also squats were not feeling natural to me. They were giving my left knee grinding sensation through the day that I’ve never had before. And I don’t have it now either since I’ve fixed my form quite a bit I think]

I started with the bar

Progressed 5lbs a week squatting twice a week

Got 85 x 8 for three sets

Next time I went, 85 felt like a fuker. I think I fell backwards lol but was in a rack so no problem.

Got 85 x 6 For 3 sets

Next workout tried 75lbs. Got 8 reps then 7 reps. 3rd set I tried 65lbs and got 8 reps

I was not following a proper program back then I think and I didn’t know what resets were.

Fiddled around with 70lbs, 65lbs, etc

Then After several weeks, I finally got up to 95 x 5 for 5 sets

Progressed to 115 x 5 for 5 sets

And suddenly lost strength the next workout. Which probably meant I should’ve failed one more time and reset but I didn’t know any better

Switched to 8 reps for a months or two to practice with lower weights.

I should’ve just reset 15% down like the program called for but instead kept fuking around trying to get bro’s and gym coaches to help me with form. Everyone said something different.

Well then I stumbled upon some threads here about body shape and effects on form, and since then been on AllPro also.

I progressed from 96x8 to 96x11

I attempted 96x12 and for it for two sets but I rested too long between the sets, so I was attempting the same weights anyways and since I’m cutting, ice decided to repeat 96lbs for this cycle I’m on. Will add 10% weight next cycle.

If I’m not able to consistently add weight, will try something different.

Me figuring out “breath into the stomach” today gave me a very tight and good brace feeling. Getting out of the hole was almost too easy / natural today. Will update you guys now the next workouts come along.

This thread has helped a lot mentally and information wise. Thx to all of you!!
    **^^ gone ^^**

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post

Inconsistent work outs and a lack of trying to progress by not trying to push harder each workout
    I like AllPro the way it’s setup. It keeps people like me in check which adding a rep every week. And squatting 3 times a week.

That way I don’t forget the form. Believe it or not, one week vacation and I would come back to squatting like I’ve never squatted before.

Squats feel a lot better now that I squat three times a week and specially after including “touch the tricep to the lat” and “breath into the stomach and brace”. These two have helped tremendously. My quads feel like they did some work today

I do however still don’t understand how to squeeze the glutes at the bottom out of the hole. They’re fuking stretched all the way. How do you squeeze a stretched muscle? I squeeze them when I’m on top at the end of the rep.

So how does one squeeze the glutes when coming out of the hole? Doesn’t make any sense
    **^^ gone ^^**

Ah yep. We both have heaps of room for improvement in our squat. From what I understand, having the long femur/short torso combo means we have to lean further forward to stay balanced squatting and we are better suited to squatting high bar and front squats. Last time I squatted low bar I injured by back and my physio suggested I focus on front squats (even with those I need a lot of forward lean to not fall backwards at the bottom).

When I got my suit fitted for my wedding, the tailor told me I have the legs of a 6'3" man and the upper body of a 5'9" man!
    I have to lean forward “un-naturally For me” even at the top right after unracking the bar else the bar is over my heel and not top of the middle of the foot.

I also cannot low bar squat very well. I think we would do good get some coaching from a good squat coach. Sadly my gym that I used to go to pre-covid has chitty coaches - saw them look the other way as their students make mistakes over mistakes imo.

Your lifts as they are, and you added 20lbs muscle. That’s pretty darn good!!
    **^^ gone ^^**

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post

Only OP can answer this, but for me that certainly isn't/wasn't the case. More like trying too hard and sacrificing form to keep adding weight to the bar. I don't do that anymore, and have found I can make progress, just not with beginner programming (although looking back, I think the slower progression of All Pro's routine may have actually suited me better). Hopefully I'll be squatting bodyweight before the end of the year!

Only OP can answer this, but for me that certainly isn't/wasn't the case. More like trying too hard and sacrificing form to keep adding weight to the bar. I don't do that anymore, and have found I can make progress, just not with beginner programming (although looking back, I think the slower progression of All Pro's routine may have actually suited me better). Hopefully I'll be squatting bodyweight before the end of the year!
    I am not atall inconsistent. I have a garage gym. I workout 3 days a week. I think i was working out too hard and my body does not like that too much. AllPro forced me to workout hard and then not so hard - it’s built into the program. That’s one thing I really like about it and hoping results will be better with AllPro

Pre covid, I wouldn’t work out only if I was traveling or on vacation. Total of 3 weeks last year. This year, took two deaload weeks off.

One thing, I loose a lot of strength if I take off more than 2 To 3 days off (recently figured this). Like I’ll lose 2 to 3 reps at the same weight. Take two weeks to get the strength back. What I read online, people come back stronger and I’m sitting here scratching my head why this happens to me?

@RapidFail - how is your strength if you take off gym?
    **^^ gone ^^**

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

This is oddly backwards lol, a relatively long femure will make it harder to squat more upright and thus make fronts especially a harder squat. It won't have as much effect on back squats, especially a traditional style wide stance low bar.

There's no reason your build would or style of squat would have been injureous. That's likely a loading or severe technique issue, far more commonly loading though
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am not atall inconsistent. I have a garage gym. I workout 3 days a week. I think i was working out too hard and my body does not like that too much. AllPro forced me to workout hard and then not so hard - it’s built into the program. That’s one thing I really like about it and hoping results will be better with AllPro

Pre covid, I wouldn’t work out only if I was traveling or on vacation. Total of 3 weeks last year. This year, took two deaload weeks off.

One thing, I loose a lot of strength if I take off more than 2 To 3 days off (recently figured this). Like I’ll lose 2 to 3 reps at the same weight. Take two weeks to get the strength back. What I read online, people come back stronger and I’m sitting here scratching my head why this happens to me?

Honestly none of this makes any sense to me.

Bottom-line, novice lifters (unless there is some crazy medical/physical reason) should see steady progress for quite a while... even if it's slow progress.

Some lifts may stagnate here and there, but the level of sensitivity you're expressive to rest, time off, and how it changes your workouts really makes no sense to me.

The loads you're dealing with are simply too light to cause the level of fatigue which would warrant the kind of issues you're experiencing... I'm honestly not even sure what to say.

For example, when I stagnated on box squats recently, I was stuck at 165x5 (which is much harder than a standard squat), and to combat the stagnation I didn't take time OFF lifting (I also have a home gym), I simply focused on progressing on supporting lifts instead while my squat stayed the same... I have done similar things with upper-body movements, too.

However, I never take 'deloads' or 'breaks' in the hopes it'll some skyrocket my progress... I mean I can't think of the last time I didn't lift for a week... and there just isn't ever a massive change in strength when things happen unexpected. I'm not dealing with the kind of wear and year that advanced lifters experience.

If you're only squatting 115lb for 5 reps... your body just is not getting beat up at the level you're implying.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    This is oddly backwards lol, a relatively long femure will make it harder to squat more upright and thus make fronts especially a harder squat. It won't have as much effect on back squats, especially a traditional style wide stance low bar.

There's no reason your build would or style of squat would have been injureous. That's likely a loading or severe technique issue, far more commonly loading though
    In the back squat, bar is behind the neck, over the back. To get the bar over the mid foot, it takes a lot of active effort - specially for me and I have same longer lower body and shorter torso.

In front squat, bar is in front and already over the mid foot. Maybe that’s what helps. Don’t have to lean over.

Finding that balance in the foot while leaning over more than natural is quite uncomfortable but now that I know that was one of my major issues, I’m getting used to it real well
    **^^ gone ^^**

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In the back squat, bar is behind the neck, over the back. To get the bar over the mid foot, it takes a lot of active effort - specially for me and I have same longer lower body and shorter torso.

In front squat, bar is in front and already over the mid foot. Maybe that’s what helps. Don’t have to lean over.

Finding that balance in the foot while leaning over more than natural is quite uncomfortable but now that I know that was one of my major issues, I’m getting used to it real well
    It shouldn't take a lot of active effort, but if you find fronts a lot easier than at a guess you probably throw your knees forward a fair bit on all squats and this creates issues on the back squat where you need to sit back into hips a little more and allow the forward lean required.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to lean forward, so I'm guessing it's a mental block? Not discrediting it in any way saying this, a lot of us have had proprioceptive issues with lifting. I took a substantial amount of time learning pelvis control to flatten my back on deadlifts for example.
    5 day full body crew

Even I’m looking for answers as to why I’m experiencing what I am. Why is that my experience is so much different than most other people?

- Why am I such a weakling?
    - Why is my recovery so slow at such low lifts?
    - why am I not experiencing newbie gains being a noob that I am?
    - why am I not gaining on my lifts while in deficit while I am such high bodyfat?

For sure
    - I am not lazy specially in the gym
    - I workout consistently at similar times 3 days a week (couple hours after breakfast)
    - I try to get at least 6.5hrs sleep a night
    - I am not eating a large deficit. Only 500 calories below maintenance and loosing 1lb per week
    - these issues were there even when I was maintaining weight and also when I was in 200 surplus

I’m at a loss of words also.

Maybe it’s to do with cortisol levels? Maybe my body responds to stress way too hard. I know when I was squatting and not resetting weights and grinding and failing to get 5 reps, my pee was darker during those times. Srs
    Same nutrition, same sleep, same hydration. My TDEE also would go up (I was gaining weight at 2500 calories. And when this started, I started loosing weight. I was eating close to 2900 to gain 0.5lbs per week. Currently I’m eating 1850 to 1900 and loosing 1lb)

Trying to put this puzzle together...At my poverty lifts that is. Gosh!!

Feelt horrible when I saw skinny guys, shorter than me at the gym deadlift 275lbs and I was struggling with 185lbs lmao
    **^^ gone ^^**

I had to take an entire week off lifting in early June due to a bad chest infection (not Covid!). Coming back I still wasn't 100% so I did the next week with deload volume and reduced all loads by 10%. Took me 4 weeks to get my strength back to where it was prior to the illness. I've only ever taken time off due to illness or injury, so it's not surprising that I'd come back weaker. I tend to be stronger after a deload week with reduced volume (but the same frequency and usually the same intensity).

Even I’m looking for answers as to why I’m experiencing what I am. Why is that my experience is so much different than most other people?

- Why am I such a weakling?
    - Why is my recovery so slow at such low lifts?
    - why am I not experiencing newbie gains being a noob that I am?
    - why am I not gaining on my lifts while in deficit while I am such high bodyfat?

For sure
    - I am not lazy specially in the gym
    - I workout consistently at similar times 3 days a week (couple hours after breakfast)
    - I try to get at least 6.5hrs sleep a night
    - I am not eating a large deficit. Only 500 calories below maintenance and loosing 1lb per week
    - these issues were there even when I was maintaining weight and also when I was in 200 surplus

I’m at a loss of words also.

Maybe it’s to do with cortisol levels? Maybe my body responds to stress way too hard. I know when I was squatting and not resetting weights and grinding and failing to get 5 reps, my pee was darker during those times. Srs
    Same nutrition, same sleep, same hydration. My TDEE also would go up (I was gaining weight at 2500 calories. And when this started, I started loosing weight. I was eating close to 2900 to gain 0.5lbs per week. Currently I’m eating 1850 to 1900 and loosing 1lb)

Trying to put this puzzle together...At my poverty lifts that is. Gosh!!

Feelt horrible when I saw skinny guys, shorter than me at the gym deadlift 275lbs and I was struggling with 185lbs lmao

https://mennohenselmans.com/inflammation-muscle-growth/

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/articl...4/1014/4557119

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Finally! So this explains why such a bafflingly high percentage of the U.S. gen. pop. are "non-responders" in resistance training interventions. This is the ultimate argument for not bulking when you're overweight or at least "overfat". Does this maybe even suggest that competitive powerlifters should mind how fat they get? I know Vitamin S does amazing things but it seems plausible that competitive PLers might wanna consider keeping their body fat in check given this data.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Finally! So this explains why such a bafflingly high percentage of the U.S. gen. pop. are "non-responders" in resistance training interventions. This is the ultimate argument for not bulking when you're overweight or at least "overfat". Does this maybe even suggest that competitive powerlifters should mind how fat they get? I know Vitamin S does amazing things but it seems plausible that competitive PLers might wanna consider keeping their body fat in check given this data.
    Well let me make the disclaimer that the articles are a little stronger articulated than I would prefer but nonetheless there's good data supporting that it's not ideal to be above say 20% for males, for several reasons.

Why some people seem to get away with it? I think they may be genetically gifted and/or vitamin S.

And of course there's also selection bias at play. People who quickly gain strength on their bench and squat are far more likely to take up powerlifting than people who suck at it.

In the case of my injury the problem was loading and undoubtedly technique too.

I think having long femurs makes all squat variants harder.

I had to take an entire week off lifting in early June due to a bad chest infection (not Covid!). Coming back I still wasn't 100% so I did the next week with deload volume and reduced all loads by 10%. Took me 4 weeks to get my strength back to where it was prior to the illness. I've only ever taken time off due to illness or injury, so it's not surprising that I'd come back weaker. I tend to be stronger after a deload week with reduced volume (but the same frequency and usually the same intensity).
    My deloads were 100% off. With AllPro, it had a built in deload whenever you end a cycle and start a new one. So I don’t have to worry about deloading anymore.

A lot of people report taking an entire eeek off without going to the gym / lifting and they come back stronger.

I come back weaker like that. Deloads with lower volume probably will be better for me if I end up doing them on a future program.
    **^^ gone ^^**

In the case of my injury the problem was loading and undoubtedly technique too.

I think having long femurs makes all squat variants harder.
    For sure, but at the same time you work around your leverages.

I have a long torso so conv deads are harder..just means I needed more deadlift volume and practice finding the right position for me. And not listening to one way method's like Rip.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCTy5blg...d=4clx7u2g9rh2

^^ lanky femur game.
    5 day full body crew

My deloads were 100% off. With AllPro, it had a built in deload whenever you end a cycle and start a new one. So I don’t have to worry about deloading anymore.

A lot of people report taking an entire eeek off without going to the gym / lifting and they come back stronger.

I come back weaker like that. Deloads with lower volume probably will be better for me if I end up doing them on a future program.
    That’s not a deload..

Does AllPro actually define deloading as not lifting???

That’s not a deload..

Think it was just some people, either way I'm with you, worst idea.

I don't think novices should need a deload at all, it's pretty poor programming if you manage to fatigue a novice to the point they need an entire light week
    5 day full body crew

Think it was just some people, either way I'm with you, worst idea.

I don't think novices should need a deload at all, it's pretty poor programming if you manage to fatigue a novice to the point they need an entire light week
    Yup, agreed... and he certainly shouldn’t need to stop lifting for a week.

That’s not a deload..

The reason I’m talking about dealods in past tense is because I used to do them on fierce 5.

On allpro they’re built in when you start a new cycle
    **^^ gone ^^**

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    didnt read anything except the thread title.

brah, just fast 18:6.