Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    darrenkhalaf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The health and fitness and health area is so attractive to so many, and why would not it be. The mixture of looking good, remaining healthy, doing better, and impacting these changes in others is quite pleasant. Some people go into training because they’re sick to death of their desk jobs.

Crimzin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crimzin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I apologize if this has been asked already but I haven't read every page of the thread - can anyone give me a ballpark on how much study time it takes to prepare for the basic CPT certification? NSCA and NASM seem to be highly recommended - I have the money for the certs so if I'm going to do it I want to do it right...so I'm interested in NSCA-CPT and/or NASM-CPT. I know there's no uniform answer but I just want to get an idea of if these certs require a very long-term commitment to study or if a couple of months is sufficient time to cover the material and pass the test. I don't have an exercise science-related degree... I'm actually about to graduate with a B.S. in Finance but I'm a quick learner, good test taker and was always pretty good at science for whatever that's worth. Thanks in advance.

1dafox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I haven't seen a lot in here about the best way for a personal trainer to market himself, and would like to hear some opinions. Are there websites out there that trainers might recommend for someone looking to build a one-on-one personal training business? I am in San Diego, and there are plenty of trainers here, but it feels like there is lots of room for growth. Some of us are not naturals at the business side of things, so looking at all options.

Thanks! Great stuff here, and I appreciate everyone's time in sharing.

Registered User raularmandogarc's Avatar
    raularmandogarc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the information, I graduated almost two years ago and have been a CPT for about a year, and I really have been flying blind, working for a big chain gym and finding out I wasn't a trainer I was a janitor, to stepping out on my own recently and finding out the first few months I spend more than I bring in. So thank you for the information it was very helpful. I am just now about to be breaking even. I love what I do and will keep at it, my market is very weird though, people want to lose weight and be fit by taking a pill instead of putting in the work at the gym. I lose most clients to miracle pills and teas than to other trainers and gyms. Once again thanks for the info. All the best.

cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cptfreddie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Crimzin View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked already but I haven't read every page of the thread - can anyone give me a ballpark on how much study time it takes to prepare for the basic CPT certification? NSCA and NASM seem to be highly recommended - I have the money for the certs so if I'm going to do it I want to do it right...so I'm interested in NSCA-CPT and/or NASM-CPT. I know there's no uniform answer but I just want to get an idea of if these certs require a very long-term commitment to study or if a couple of months is sufficient time to cover the material and pass the test. I don't have an exercise science-related degree... I'm actually about to graduate with a B.S. in Finance but I'm a quick learner, good test taker and was always pretty good at science for whatever that's worth. Thanks in advance.
    For you or anyone else that plans on taking the NASM or a similar certification with no previous health or wellness career or training this is for you.

If you really want to pass the test I recommend you get the flash cards online study prep the text book and any other study materials you can find. Take 3 months to actual learn the content because you could just memorize answers to pass but you will have no answers for the questions of your clients. The more you know the better the product you are selling. Invest in yourself and keep learning more and reading your study materials after the test because the more you know the more valuable you are and the better job you can get as you progress in your field. Also go back to school and get another certification in a specialty so that you can expand your business.

Good luck!
    Mind Over Matter

Thats How I Teach Fitness

Thats How I Became A Certified Personal Trainer

http://www.cptstudyguide.com - Certified Personal Trainer Study Guide

ACE - Personal Trainer Certification

Its ok, Im a Limo driver! ShackledOrphan's Avatar
    ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000)
    First off, good job on the articles, I enjoyed reading and gaining insight into nutrition and training! And this made me laugh pretty hard "I was much more content sitting on my butt at a desk talking about nutrition rather than handing off dumbells, switching plates, and counting reps. Not to mention, none of my nutritional clients have audibly farted while straining to tell me the truth." hahaha

Thanks
    Goal: Aesthetic as F*ck, 8-9%/ABs, Continual acquisition of fitness and nutrition knowledge, & Athleticism.

My Dog @ his worst > Your Dog @ it's best.

Boxing & Lifting FTW

Who said dieting had to be bland? iChef

sonup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

for muscular body

Originally Posted by gekkoboy14 View Post
    good stuff
    I want to make muscular body plz help me

CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I definitely enjoyed reading these article, thanks for the post!
    "One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."
    - Edward B. Butler
    "The man who cannot believe in himself cannot believe in anything else."
    - Anonymous

My journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141793681&pagenumber=

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you based Aragod for you wisdom :3

rise1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been looking for such information for a couple of weeks and that is the reason I find this thread very productive....

BCpilot81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thank you!

Insanely helpful, and motivating, at the same time! I am in the process of starting a second career in fitness. Your "matter of fact" writing style kept me very engaged while I soaking up every word. At least now I feel that there is an an oar to navigate the different channels the industry has. Thank you again!
    WHAT WE THINK, WE BECOME

YOU WERE GIVEN THIS LIFE BECAUSE YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO LIVE IT

YESTERDAY, YOU SAID TOMORROW

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eric Cressey has come out recently with some really well written articles about entering the fitness field also

Part 1: http://www.ericcressey.com/smart-thi...ess-business-1
    Part 2: http://www.ericcressey.com/smart-thi...ess-business-2

He's stated there will be a 3rd part, not sure when he plans to write it.

Also his "Is an Exercise Science Degree Really Worth It?" posts are good thought provokers as well
    Part 1: http://www.ericcressey.com/is-an-exe...ience-degree-1
    Part 2: http://www.ericcressey.com/is-an-exe...ience-degree-2
    Last edited by Charlie581; 09-13-2013 at 09:06 PM.

veerall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great, I was plannin on the same thing like ill do a nutritional course and with that a fitness course. Only problem is I dont have a science degree, im a xommerce graduate. Im also a bit late since im 30. I had to leave bodybuilding for 5yrs of my life due to personal issues, but now im back and wana make a career in it. Im from india, but we do have acsm ace cscs nsca issa and ifbb. Can u suggest what nutritional degree or certificate course I can n should do? Also what personal training certificate is more accepted across the globe? Since im plannin to shift abroad.

ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArifFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very informative... Thanks.

peardan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    awesome thanks man

Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nzmisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ah thank you so much for this! really has set me on the right path.
    Actor @ johnson&laird
    i make movies n sht
    winning director of creation fest suprime film award

twitter: JaredJamesNz
    INsta:JaredJamesfitness

Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    GREAT information!

AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wondering if Alan's opinion on ISSA has changed since back in 2009...
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

ISSA CFT

ClearCutDom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very useful knowledge. I'm starting school this spring and wondering is diagnostic health and fitness going to help a career oath of athletic-fitness training ?

Follow this fitness account all you bloggers:via Instagram @domtheenthusiast
    Dom H

Trainer/Behavior Coach MsManners's Avatar
    MsManners has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome read!

Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Menon001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    very nice post. i like it.

jsparks13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Greetings all!
    I am currently studying for the ACE Exam myself...buried in flashcards to say they least. I'm doing a little research experiment to compare the client base of personal trainers who do/don't have personal web pages. Feel free to leave your opinions here or send them directly to my e-mail myrawwork@gmail.com, I work as a software engineer and do freelance web design in my spare time so don't be scared to reach out if you would like some help creating a personal training web page to jump start your business. I look forward to your feedback.

Cheers!
    -Jarvis

toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toast2you has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    so 3 months studying 1 hour a day - pass the nasm no problem? for average intelligence?

LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeonBest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks

CoachMal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great insight! Question for you sir- How do you recommend marketing your online training services? I've been a trainer in a basic gym since i started training 5 years ago and I am looking to expand my online business. Recommendations?
    Coach Mal
    NASM-CPT
    CROSSFIT LEVEL 1
    ONLINE COACH
    Mazzucafitness.weebly.com

briansyuki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briansyuki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briansyuki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briansyuki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briansyuki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briansyuki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briansyuki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briansyuki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briansyuki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks alan, this is very helpful
    Get 3-Day Bodyweight Beginner Workout For Free--->www.3-day.focusfitness.net

Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coryk1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks

jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    looking forward to it

Bradfordx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bradfordx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bradfordx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bradfordx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bradfordx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bradfordx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bradfordx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bradfordx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bradfordx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bradfordx2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    imo being independent personal trainer is the way to go...clubs rip u off and the sales goal isn't realistic.

palufitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Alan thanks for links really appreciate it.