Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000)

Sauna / cold dip pool

Ive been using the sauna after I work out, then I go and jump in the cold dip pool or have an ice shower immediately after getting out, then do the cycle over again.

Ive heard that this is good for blood circulation, exercising the skin, getting rid of subcutaneous water, muscle inflammation etc.

What do you think?
    Member of the Skeleton Crew

Aus Crew

Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Deviant Dingo View Post
    Ive been using the sauna after I work out, then I go and jump in the cold dip pool or have an ice shower immediately after getting out, then do the cycle over again.

Ive heard that this is good for blood circulation, exercising the skin, getting rid of subcutaneous water, muscle inflammation etc.

What do you think?
    Bump

Aus Crew

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You tell us.
    A pattern in the chaos.

crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crew101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Deviant Dingo View Post
    Bump
    There is some evidence to support this, and it's a technique used by some pro athletes.

The theory is that as your body undergoes vasodilation followed by vasorestriction, it forces blood through the muscles, as blood is essentially forced up to the skin in the heat, and then away from it in the cold. This increased blood flow to the muscles increases nutrients etc and therefore aids recovery. I think for best effects multiple changes between hot and cold are advised.

To be honest though, unless you have every other variable finely tuned I don't think you will notice a difference from this.

Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr._Happy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am a big believer in the cold/heat contrast. If I had the time, I'd probably do this after each workout. As it is, I always make sure to do it after heavy squatting or deadlifting.

Originally Posted by crew101 View Post
    There is some evidence to support this, and it's a technique used by some pro athletes.

The theory is that as your body undergoes vasodilation followed by vasorestriction, it forces blood through the muscles, as blood is essentially forced up to the skin in the heat, and then away from it in the cold. This increased blood flow to the muscles increases nutrients etc and therefore aids recovery. I think for best effects multiple changes between hot and cold are advised.

To be honest though, unless you have every other variable finely tuned I don't think you will notice a difference from this.
    Very informative, thankyou.

Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    I am a big believer in the cold/heat contrast. If I had the time, I'd probably do this after each workout. As it is, I always make sure to do it after heavy squatting or deadlifting.
    Yea I do it 3 times a week, if I had more time I would do it after every training session. I notice a measureable difference in my recovery. I also find im more limber and flexible doing this in conjuction with normal stretching. Stretching in the sauna I can achieve a greater stretch ive found.

Aus Crew

desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) desolator1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I was dead sore for 3 days after squatting and the pain wasn't going away. Then I had a contrast shower and the soreness went away like magic.