PdBlackhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Work Out Routine

Hello, I am sorta new to weight lifting and working out, as I have been doing it for about three months but now am starting to research and learn how to do it better and more effectively. I was wondering if anyone experienced could help me out with setting up a weekly workout routine to go by. I am 17 and currently 5"7 and 153 pounds, and hoping to build some mass and make it to about 160-165. I have already began to get going with the nutritional part, but now need to find out how to set up my workouts each week. One plan I was wondering was:

Mon- Biceps and shoulders
    Wed- Triceps and chest
    Frid- Back and legs

This is only an educated guess on what I could do, please if anyone could assist me I would appreciate it, thank you.

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PdBlackhawk View Post
    Hello, I am sorta new to weight lifting and working out, as I have been doing it for about three months but now am starting to research and learn how to do it better and more effectively. I was wondering if anyone experienced could help me out with setting up a weekly workout routine to go by. I am 17 and currently 5"7 and 153 pounds, and hoping to build some mass and make it to about 160-165. I have already began to get going with the nutritional part, but now need to find out how to set up my workouts each week. One plan I was wondering was:

Mon- Biceps and shoulders
    Wed- Triceps and chest
    Frid- Back and legs

This is only an educated guess on what I could do, please if anyone could assist me I would appreciate it, thank you.
    Take a look at Fierce 5 which you can find a link to in my signature. It probably looks differently than what you are doing but in general it's going to be better than a bro-split.

Also that isn't a routine it's a list of body parts. And the grouping itself isn't even well done. You place back together with legs which is just a major no-no. In general don't assume you know enough to write your own program when starting out because you probably don't.

If you want something a bit "more" but not necessarily better check out Vikings routines which you can find a link to in the sticky's of this section.
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey

PdBlackhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    Take a look at Fierce 5 which you can find a link to in my signature. It probably looks differently than what you are doing but in general it's going to be better than a bro-split.

Also that isn't a routine it's a list of body parts. And the grouping itself isn't even well done. You place back together with legs which is just a major no-no. In general don't assume you know enough to write your own program when starting out because you probably don't.

If you want something a bit "more" but not necessarily better check out Vikings routines which you can find a link to in the sticky's of this section.
    Thanks, as I have said I am just beginning and I will check out that link.

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PdBlackhawk View Post
    Thanks, as I have said I am just beginning and I will check out that link.
    No problem. Another huge thing is that you didn't lay out a progression scheme or a failure protocol and these two things are absolutely crucial in having a strong program.

I will say that Fierce 5 is definitely a strength oriented program; however, don't be fooled by such a label into thinking you won't get bigger because if your diet is on point you absolutely will put on mass. I'm also personally of the mind that for beginners a full body 3x a week program is fantastic for a number of reasons including being able to frequently train the big compound movements which will greatly assist in learning the movement patterns and technique required to lift big numbers in those lifts. I also think that to build a base level of strength is a smart move because of how well the strength will transfer over to higher volume training. For reference volume is how we measure "workload" by taking your sets multiplied by your reps multiplied by the weight you are using.
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey