Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The Official Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2022 Thread

Thought I'd post this because as is a usual yearly thread around here...any deals that you took advantage of around this time?

Not much of a deal, but so far I purchased BWTG's rack mounted UHMW lined DB spotter trays (gonna sell my Mad Spotters and IM spotting stand)...hopefully it's a better solution (benefit of being able to un-rack and re-rack and worse case bail and drop my DBs on the stall mats since this setup is in the garage as opposed to the attic setup with the previous lesser solutions).

On a side note, BWTG reached out and mentioned if by some chance they are doing Black Friday/Cyber Monday discounts this year, that they would honor the discount with the current purchase. I also took advantage of YoungLA's 30% off sale on a few things (fitness clothing store).

I see that Powertec and Kabuki has a 15% off sale, also Fringe Sport and Rep got some sales going along with some of the usuals.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 11-26-2022 at 09:05 AM.

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is a weird BF from what I'm seeing. We aren't back to 2019 I guess. Rogue used to sell out of deals in minutes. Now they have the same deals up for days and their % remaining bar stays near 100%, as if nobody is buying anything and their demand estimate is an order of magnitude off. People don't really seem excited either, even though tons of stores have sales going. Ironmaster did sell out of dumbbells quickly. I got some Titan X-3 roller J hooks, which I did a couple workouts on so far and are decent for the price. I'll review them on my site next week I think.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not a single piece of gym equipment purchased here, dare I say that I'm content? Although I did pick up a pair of Beats Pro Fit earbuds from Amazon, outstanding so far! Wanted to upgrade my Bluetooth earbud game, since the pandemic is winding down I'll likely be returning to the office a couple days a week. So it's time to use the commercial gym at work to get mix it up

Originally Posted by Squeebo View Post
    This is a weird BF from what I'm seeing. We aren't back to 2019 I guess. Rogue used to sell out of deals in minutes. Now they have the same deals up for days and their % remaining bar stays near 100%, as if nobody is buying anything and their demand estimate is an order of magnitude off.
    Think we are in for an interesting 2023. If the recession is as bad as predicted I wouldn't be surprised if some of these equipment companies who expanded massively during the pandemic boom slide into bankruptcy. Think they enjoyed the feast with jacking up prices, hopefully they planned for the "Great Correction".
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 11-27-2022 at 05:49 AM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Overall, deals from the major sellers (Rogue, Rep, Titan, etc.) have been pretty lackluster. Rogue best deal was on a bar with sketchy sleeves so maybe not really a deal at all.

I bought the Elite fts American cambered grip bar for $195 and, I think, that's going to be my only purchase

Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, other than the deal I got on my XMark FID bench, which was 15% off, the other deals I've snagged haven't been so great that, if I hadn't wanted the stuff now, I really wouldn't have felt like I missed anything by waiting.

E.g.: I don't need more than the weight I bought in plates right now. So I'll wait to buy the others when I'm ready for them. Won't really cost me that much more.

Now if, in the meantime, they all-of-a-sudden increase the savings to 20%, then I'll probably go for it now. But for 10% or 11%? Nah.

Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Michiganian View Post
    Yeah, other than the deal I got on my XMark FID bench, which was 15% off, the other deals I've snagged haven't been so great that, if I hadn't wanted the stuff now, I really wouldn't have felt like I missed anything by waiting.

E.g.: I don't need more than the weight I bought in plates right now. So I'll wait to buy the others when I'm ready for them. Won't really cost me that much more.

Now if, in the meantime, they all-of-a-sudden increase the savings to 20%, then I'll probably go for it now. But for 10% or 11%? Nah.
    Vulcan have their curl bar on sale for 10% plus an additional 8% and their powerbar for 15% off. TBH, I am tempted by the curl bar.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    American Barbell's 15% off and free shipping got me to pull the trigger on the California bar. I don't have a multi use bar so that will fill that role. Was looking at some of the Rogue offerings but heard too many issues with the proprietary black sleeves to keep me away. There's a reason that Rogue is discounting those so heavily I have a feeling.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    American Barbell's 15% off and free shipping got me to pull the trigger on the California bar. I don't have a multi use bar so that will fill that role. Was looking at some of the Rogue offerings but heard too many issues with the proprietary black sleeves to keep me away. There's a reason that Rogue is discounting those so heavily I have a feeling.
    I'm definitely not a fan of those sleeves. My plates do not slide easily on and off. Not really a big deal for my multi-grip camber bar with short sleeves, but I'm sure I would hate them on a bar with full-length sleeves, especially if I was loading a bunch of plates for deadlifts.

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Not a single piece of gym equipment purchased here, dare I say that I'm content? Although I did pick up a pair of Beats Pro Fit earbuds from Amazon, outstanding so far! Wanted to upgrade my Bluetooth earbud game, since the pandemic is winding down I'll likely be returning to the office a couple days a week. So it's time to use the commercial gym at work to get mix it up

Think we are in for an interesting 2023. If the recession is as bad as predicted I wouldn't be surprised if some of these equipment companies who expanded massively during the pandemic boom slide into bankruptcy. Think they enjoyed the feast with jacking up prices, hopefully they planned for the "Great Correction".
    Yep, I've been wondering too about impending post-covid carnage with gym equipment companies who grew too fast, like MuscleDriver rode the Crossfit wave too hard. It's about that time, and double bad because shoppers do not like these 30-40% price increases the last year and then being given only half of it back in a BF sale. I assume these companies can't lower prices back down across the board without going bankrupt, because of rising costs. I guess we'll see.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100)
    So how was it?