Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Productivity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Antibacterial soap and body wash help (Ring worm)

I bought some zest body wash and herbal essence shampoo, is this enough to prevent ring worm?
    I went to an open mat today and my coach said that one of the fighters had ring worm and to make sure that i was properly.
    any tips on soaps, ect.

Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1.) it's gross your coach knowingly lets people roll with it. I understand it's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be but from a professional standpoint it's bad for business and shows what kind of person he is.

2.) get a defense soap made to prevent it. I use T-Gel Coal Tar for my hair and use it on my body also and it has worked great but it's not made to be a defense soap and some people suggest rubbing carcinogens all over your body is not very good for you which would make sense but for now it's broscience. I heard of people using selsen blue if you wanted to google that. Believe it or not one thing sherdog is good for is hearing their insight on the best soaps in the grappling subforum.

3.) if you get ringworm use lamasil and if it resists go to the doctor for oral's but only as a second option. If you have a tourney the upcoming days bleach/rubbing alcohol can sometimes make it look like mat burn. it's very painful and leaves a wicked pale spot on your skin if your tan naturally don't do it.
    2017 IBJJF Chicago Spring International Open Lightweight Blue Belt Gold
    2017 IBJJF New York Spring International Open No-Gi Middleweight Blue Belt Gold
    2017 IBJJF Boston Spring International Open Lightweight Blue Belt Gold

2019 IBJJF Orange County International Open Lightweight Purple Belt Bronze
    2019 IBJJF San Jose International Open No-Gi Middleweight Purple Belt Silver
    2019 IBJJF Fresno International Open Lightweight Purple Belt Silver

BJJ Brown Belt

wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used dial liquid anti-bacterial soap in HS wrestling and only got RW once.. there is always cliff clean foam that you can put on before you get on the mat that should keep you from getting it in the first place.. its not cheap though
    LAKERS,49ERS,ANGELS

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonez3858 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been wanting to get into a BJJ class for a while..Every time I get ready to sign up I read about someone with a case of herpes on their face or staph they can't get rid of...no thanks Jeff.
    Last edited by tbonez3858; 12-29-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe Landīca, seize IT boys, make your lives extraordinary.

Georgia crew

Power Level: Over 9000 Workout4ever's Avatar
    Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Workout4ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I heard that using a soap that supports the growth of good bacteria that fights the bad bacteria > a soap that eliminates it all together

jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeffedge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    defense soap. seriously.
    i rep back.

PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use a store brand anti-bacterial soap and have never had a problem. One thing I've read is that you shouldn't use anti-bacterial soap before class because you are more vulnerable to bad bacteria. Use it after class, and just shower normally before. I got a big bottle of body wash for like $4. Active ingredient is triclosan. Wiping down after class is always a good idea too. I know that sounds obvious but I'm amazed by the amount of people I see that just put their street clothes right on while completely sweaty.

Hopefully you meant that your coach was aware of the issue, and wanted to let you guys know. Somebody with an infection or open cuts should wait to train, be made to wait to train, or at least cover up really well.

Irrelevant to YOUR succes chino3's Avatar
    chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Go to trader joes and get a soap with tea tree oil. It's the main ingredient in Defense soap. No need to spend that much on defense.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by chino3 View Post
    Go to trader joes and get a soap with tea tree oil. It's the main ingredient in Defense soap. No need to spend that much on defense.
    I agree about the tea tree oil, but defense soap isn't that expensive. I'm an admitted cheap SOB and didn't find a problem with the cost of it. That and when I couldn't get strait to a shower after training I did like their after training wipes.

I know some people like to use a normal anti-bacterial soap and it does work...but you really don't want to kill off the good bacteria on your skin along with the bad. That stuff also helps keep you from getting ring worm as well.

The best thing you can do is keep you and your equipment clean. And one of the first thing your gym should do is insure that the training equipment/facility is clean...if they knew that fighter had ring worm BEFORE he trained that day, they did you and everyone else a pretty big disservice.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) humanpuck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    I agree about the tea tree oil, but defense soap isn't that expensive. I'm an admitted cheap SOB and didn't find a problem with the cost of it. That and when I couldn't get strait to a shower after training I did like their after training wipes.

I know some people like to use a normal anti-bacterial soap and it does work...but you really don't want to kill off the good bacteria on your skin along with the bad. That stuff also helps keep you from getting ring worm as well.

The best thing you can do is keep you and your equipment clean. And one of the first thing your gym should do is insure that the training equipment/facility is clean...if they knew that fighter had ring worm BEFORE he trained that day, they did you and everyone else a pretty big disservice.
    I use antifungal/antibacterial body wipes just in case.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by humanpuck View Post
    I use antifungal/antibacterial body wipes just in case.
    Yeah, I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe. If I can't get to a shower right away, I generally wiped off with a towel and then hit the wipes.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmbarassYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make sure to wash your gi/rashguard properly too. Don't put them in temperatures that are too humid. That's where bacteria grows

SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use the defense soap and I use the defense wipes on my gear. I've never had a problem.

rockoftgs15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try Titan body wash. It was made for that reason. A ton of UFC guys use it. toughestbodywash.com

AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100) AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100) AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100) AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100) AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100) AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100) AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100) AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100) AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100) AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100) AmandaDawson is not very well liked. (-100)
    Antibacterial or antifungal soap is the best soap that prevent you from ringworm skin. Ringworm is the bacterial infection that can be spread by touching something or touching those people who is suffering from it. These soap carries the special properties that cure ringworm type infection.

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    get a shampoo with selenium sulfide (selsun blue or other no-name brands should suffice); it treats dandruff, seborrhea, and tinea versicolor (ring worm). use it all over your body as a body wash to be on the safe side; preferably after you train. i used to use it on my off days and it did a great job of getting rid of a spot i had on my ankle
    US Navy Veteran
    eats sriracha with everything
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AmandaDawson View Post
    Antibacterial or antifungal soap is the best soap that prevent you from ringworm skin. Ringworm is the bacterial infection that can be spread by touching something or touching those people who is suffering from it. These soap carries the special properties that cure ringworm type infection.
    wrong; ring worm is a fungal infection. treating it like a bacterial infection may make it worse
    US Navy Veteran
    eats sriracha with everything
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Bassackwards View Post
    wrong; ring worm is a fungal infection. treating it like a bacterial infection may make it worse
    this. Just take showers and stay clean after rolling. bar soaps imo are pretty gross because they can harbor bacteria and fungus on the surface, body washes dont have this problem. if you get ringworm use an anti fungal cream like lotramin or any other athletes foot treatment creams. In highschool we would open it with something sharp, apply bleach, and cover it with a bandaid but that was always the more rugged way to treat it, its fast compared to the antifungal creams tho.

bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

I hope your coach meant someone had ring worm but wasn't in the gym anymore? It would be really irresponsible to allow someone with ringworm to participate in class.

To prevent ringworm I do this:

1) Always wear a rash guard and cover as much skin as possible.
    2) Sandpaper my skin after every BJJ practice. JK, but wash as soon as you can after class. I don't shower there but I always quickly wash any exposed skin and change into fresh clothes and then shower immediately when I get home.

You don't need antibacterial soap or anything like that, just normal soap. Antibacterial soap is probably BS anyway. Just clean your skin you goof.

Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Peacenukka1129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    didn't notice the bump and started reading the first response thinking YESSS and then realized it was me 3 years ago :/ still stand by this. Any dandruff shampoo will work though just use it as a body wash also
    2017 IBJJF Chicago Spring International Open Lightweight Blue Belt Gold
    2017 IBJJF New York Spring International Open No-Gi Middleweight Blue Belt Gold
    2017 IBJJF Boston Spring International Open Lightweight Blue Belt Gold

2019 IBJJF Orange County International Open Lightweight Purple Belt Bronze
    2019 IBJJF San Jose International Open No-Gi Middleweight Purple Belt Silver
    2019 IBJJF Fresno International Open Lightweight Purple Belt Silver

BJJ Brown Belt

chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Productivity View Post
    I bought some zest body wash and herbal essence shampoo, is this enough to prevent ring worm?
    I went to an open mat today and my coach said that one of the fighters had ring worm and to make sure that i was properly.
    any tips on soaps, ect.
    Your coach said what? He knew ringworm was on the mat or on somebody..? What the ****?
    I was always looking at the finger pointing at
    the moon. Now I'm just looking at the moon.
    And there’s no me looking. There’s just looking.

chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by weightsb4dates View Post
    this. Just take showers and stay clean after rolling. bar soaps imo are pretty gross because they can harbor bacteria and fungus on the surface, body washes dont have this problem. if you get ringworm use an anti fungal cream like lotramin or any other athletes foot treatment creams. In highschool we would open it with something sharp, apply bleach, and cover it with a bandaid but that was always the more rugged way to treat it, its fast compared to the antifungal creams tho.
    lmao wtf actually this. I remember coaches getting pissed and using this approach. Not sure if it makes it go away quicker or what, but we did it. Bleached the **** out of it.
    I was always looking at the finger pointing at
    the moon. Now I'm just looking at the moon.
    And there’s no me looking. There’s just looking.

natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100) natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100) natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100) natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100) natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100) natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100) natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100) natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100) natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100) natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100) natalieroberts is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have suffered for many years from major redness flare ups around nose (which the pores are larger and more oily and an ideal place for a lot of bacteria to breed). So there were days where it was clear and days where it was so itchy and red that I would actually stay home from work. I have tried to treat my face with the best and mildest soaps out there but only to find they didn't work. I bought antifungal soap. This cleared my face completely and other areas around face and some scalp issues

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think he meant that a fighter who had trained on the mat had ringworm, not someone currently on the mat
    August 2023:
    BW: 194
    B: 315 x 3, 225 x 14 (PR: 335)
    S: 315 x 2, 225 x 18 (PR's)
    DL: 405 x 1 (PR); Trap Bar DL: 405 x 1
    OHP: 185 x 3 (PR), 135 x 16
    Chins: 22(PR) Pushups: 83 (PR: 101)
    1 Mile: 6:45 (PR: 5:52)