Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hmmm yeah thats definitely an inch.

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Navyguy825 View Post
    Whats the total height of the storage rack, ive seen the overall height posted but not that of the storage which is shorter.

You also 1" hole, I saw somewhere else 5/8 and sorinex says their landmine works on it which is 5/8?
    The height is almost 80 1/2" to to top of the vertical storage rack post. The crossmember is a little lower at 78 1/4". Like others have stated the rack is 3x3 tubing, rack storage is 2x2. Hole size front to back where jcups and safeties attach to 3x3 tubing is 1". All holes used for bolting rack together are 5/8" regardless if on 3x3 or 2x2 posts. All holes on the 2x2 storage rack where storage pins are attached at desired height are also 5/8".
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #35 ▪██─────██▪

scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Navy,

You get any confirmation that our racks shipped out yet? I emailed but haven't heard anything yet. Feel like I'm stuck at Christmas eve and can't go to f***ing sleep.

Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Navyguy825 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by scottofio View Post
    Navy,

You get any confirmation that our racks shipped out yet? I emailed but haven't heard anything yet. Feel like I'm stuck at Christmas eve and can't go to f***ing sleep.
    nope, looking like it didnt happen.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nope, looking like it didnt happen.
    On my last Sorinex order, I received a Bill of Lading from eshipping.biz the day after it shipped. There is no tracking numbers with these which is frustrating, but I've been able to get them directly from Sorinex.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    On my last Sorinex order, I received a Bill of Lading from eshipping.biz the day after it shipped. There is no tracking numbers with these which is frustrating, but I've been able to get them directly from Sorinex.
    yea i got that earlier today. so im guessing i should have it by beginning of next week

Do guys think it better to get a landmine attachment for the rack or to get a standalone one?

scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Soooooooooo.................. Got the Dark Horse delivered and put together today. Will post a pic once I get them uploaded. Love the construction of it, as I feel like I can beat the crap out of this for the next three decades. A couple things I'm not sure were mentioned previously:

1. The lower crossbeams of course are high enough to sumo pull, but also low enough that on a deadlift with 45's the bar sits over the lower side rail, so dead's in the rack or with choked bands, no problem. For rack pulls off the safeties, the lowest hole is 1 foot off the ground. Of course you could pull off the lower side rail where the bottom of the bar would be 7.2 inches off the ground.

2. I am 6'2'' and a pleasant surprise is that I can do overhead work inside the rack, which just made me so happy. I have to stand about 2 inches wider than my normal stance to not come close to the top side rails, but as I get more comfortable, I assume I will resume normal stance. On light push-press I can jump and hit the top side rails, but that was only for testing purposes, b/c who light push-presses regularly inside a rack?

3. With my 8 foot ceilings, the pullup bar is high enough for me to hit my head. If I lean back and try to kiss the ceiling it don't put holes in the drywall. I was successful a couple times, and got some hot roof-tongue action.

4. For those with the ironmaster bench, it's short (length wise) enough to turn sideways in-between the weight storage. This is nice since I don't have to move the bench out of the rack and into the middle of the room for squats, standing press, or deads. My longer promaxima bench, I have to drag out and wheel over to the side of the rack.

5. I suspect that the two unused holes at the top of the rack side rails could be used for top side band pegs if you lifted from the back of the rack, in conjunction with a monolift attachment. I am not confident that a person could use them for heavy squats with the J hooks in place and not get pulled off center. There are no options for lower band pegs, just choking the band on the lower side rail, which is fine, but 2 holes would be cool, and I guess easy enough to drill.

6. My wife's 5 1/2 foot 35 pound cheapy bar will rack, it's just pretty tight as far as banging the uprights with the plates.

Sorinex was just fine customer service, shipping was nice, although my rack did not ship with packing blankets between the uprights like Garage Iron's. Everything wasn't quite as tight and neat looking as his. There were minor scuffs in various places on the uprights, which I understand is fairly normal in ordering exercise equip.

Onto the minor things about the rack/experience I wish were different or better. Item B is the only one that bugs me.

A. My J-hooks are slightly off as far as being level. This doesn't seem to effect anything as far as function. No weights have slid off the bar or anything, but when I looked at it, I thought I had the J hooks on mismatched holes b/c of the bar slant, but then I moved them around and it was really off. I'm not talking about much, but maybe a 1/4'' to 1/2'' inch over the slope of the 7 foot bar. It just threw me off for a bit, and made me wonder if I put the rack together backwards (which is impossible).

B. I ordered the XL El Diablo Dip attachment which is supposed to match the XL series racks which as I understand are 3x3 all over. I expected a dip attachment that would fit on the 3x3 part of the rack. I received a dip attachment that fits on the 2x2 weight storage portion. The only place I can put it is facing towards the front uprights, which makes me hit my head on the weight storage top rail, or I will have to move my rack another 30 inches away from the wall to fit it back there and move a weight pin to fit it as well.

I am assuming that I got sent the wrong one, and will be calling Sorinex tomorrow to see if that's the case. If it is right and the only width is 2 inches, I will wish I had ordered a custom one for the 3x3 for the front of the rack.

C. The American Flag Sorinex mustache decal for my top crossmember was missing. I know it's stupid but it's in the picture on the website and I want it.

So happy Dark Horse Day NavyGuy. Hope you enjoy your rack as much as I do mine.

As a footnote, my wife comes home from work, sees me working out and she has frowny-face on. I know it's because she's jealous that she doesn't own the biggest rack in the house anymore

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That dip attachment is wrong. They sent you a BaseFit one instead of an XL. I didn't get a moustache sticker either.

Well Gosh Darn it, I gotta get me that sticker :P

thanks for the clarification on the dip bar. That was the turd on top of my perfect ice-cream sundae. Will call them tomorrow.

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do guys think it better to get a landmine attachment for the rack or to get a standalone one?
    I would get an econo version, the kind that just slides into an olympic plate or a prowler sled. They go for $75 w/ free shipping from blackwidowtraininggear
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

Yea no sticker for me lol . I took off all the wrapping and pulled everything out of the boxes. It is sitting there on the pallet and im gonna start working on it when I get back home. Seems very well made to me and im sure will satisfy my beginner needs for years to come.

Gonna set it up and get going on it, still deciding whether or not to order a couple stall mats and put it on that.

Used to run an at home decal business so im gonna go ahead and cut me out some vinyl stickers to label all the holes to make it a lil easier/quicker

Just gotta get my landmine and dip attachment then ill be good to go

I have mine on two stallmats in my office/gym, and it has a nice feel to it. I didn't like squatting on carpet, it felt like it gave too much. I may try some plywood underneath the stallmat to further stiffen it up.

Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Soooooooooo.................. Got the Dark Horse delivered and put together today. Will post a pic once I get them uploaded. Love the construction of it, as I feel like I can beat the crap out of this for the next three decades. A couple things I'm not sure were mentioned previously:

1. The lower crossbeams of course are high enough to sumo pull, but also low enough that on a deadlift with 45's the bar sits over the lower side rail, so dead's in the rack or with choked bands, no problem. For rack pulls off the safeties, the lowest hole is 1 foot off the ground. Of course you could pull off the lower side rail where the bottom of the bar would be 7.2 inches off the ground.

2. I am 6'2'' and a pleasant surprise is that I can do overhead work inside the rack, which just made me so happy. I have to stand about 2 inches wider than my normal stance to not come close to the top side rails, but as I get more comfortable, I assume I will resume normal stance. On light push-press I can jump and hit the top side rails, but that was only for testing purposes, b/c who light push-presses regularly inside a rack?

3. With my 8 foot ceilings, the pullup bar is high enough for me to hit my head. If I lean back and try to kiss the ceiling it don't put holes in the drywall. I was successful a couple times, and got some hot roof-tongue action.

4. For those with the ironmaster bench, it's short (length wise) enough to turn sideways in-between the weight storage. This is nice since I don't have to move the bench out of the rack and into the middle of the room for squats, standing press, or deads. My longer promaxima bench, I have to drag out and wheel over to the side of the rack.

5. I suspect that the two unused holes at the top of the rack side rails could be used for top side band pegs if you lifted from the back of the rack, in conjunction with a monolift attachment. I am not confident that a person could use them for heavy squats with the J hooks in place and not get pulled off center. There are no options for lower band pegs, just choking the band on the lower side rail, which is fine, but 2 holes would be cool, and I guess easy enough to drill.

6. My wife's 5 1/2 foot 35 pound cheapy bar will rack, it's just pretty tight as far as banging the uprights with the plates.

Sorinex was just fine customer service, shipping was nice, although my rack did not ship with packing blankets between the uprights like Garage Iron's. Everything wasn't quite as tight and neat looking as his. There were minor scuffs in various places on the uprights, which I understand is fairly normal in ordering exercise equip.

Onto the minor things about the rack/experience I wish were different or better. Item B is the only one that bugs me.

A. My J-hooks are slightly off as far as being level. This doesn't seem to effect anything as far as function. No weights have slid off the bar or anything, but when I looked at it, I thought I had the J hooks on mismatched holes b/c of the bar slant, but then I moved them around and it was really off. I'm not talking about much, but maybe a 1/4'' to 1/2'' inch over the slope of the 7 foot bar. It just threw me off for a bit, and made me wonder if I put the rack together backwards (which is impossible).

B. I ordered the XL El Diablo Dip attachment which is supposed to match the XL series racks which as I understand are 3x3 all over. I expected a dip attachment that would fit on the 3x3 part of the rack. I received a dip attachment that fits on the 2x2 weight storage portion. The only place I can put it is facing towards the front uprights, which makes me hit my head on the weight storage top rail, or I will have to move my rack another 30 inches away from the wall to fit it back there and move a weight pin to fit it as well.

I am assuming that I got sent the wrong one, and will be calling Sorinex tomorrow to see if that's the case. If it is right and the only width is 2 inches, I will wish I had ordered a custom one for the 3x3 for the front of the rack.

C. The American Flag Sorinex mustache decal for my top crossmember was missing. I know it's stupid but it's in the picture on the website and I want it.

So happy Dark Horse Day NavyGuy. Hope you enjoy your rack as much as I do mine.

As a footnote, my wife comes home from work, sees me working out and she has frowny-face on. I know it's because she's jealous that she doesn't own the biggest rack in the house anymore
    Thanks for the info. Still strongly considering this piece of equipment. Glad to hear you were sent the wrong dip attachment (as opposed to the design being as you suggested which would make it a disappointment).

However, I do not like the sound of the j hooks being off and putting the bar on a slant. That doesn't suggest quality for a $1000 piece of equipment. Is this common on other peoples racks?

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have mine on two stallmats in my office/gym, and it has a nice feel to it. I didn't like squatting on carpet, it felt like it gave too much. I may try some plywood underneath the stallmat to further stiffen it up.
    definitely don't squat on carpet. if i were you, i'd put the plywood on the stall mat or just get a really think piece of plywood to match the height of your stall mats. i'm with you on the decals. you'd think they'd gladly plaster their branding on everything! my rack didn't come with any decals, either.

Well got it all put together. Its wobbly right now due to the crappy levelness of the ground in the garage mostly. Gonna have to mess around and use different materials under certain feet to make up for the gaps, might get some floor tiling and cut that up and see how it does.
    Last edited by Navyguy825; 02-20-2013 at 10:31 PM.

I was also thinking that maybe if I got stall mats I could get some 3/4" plywood for underneathe giving me 1.5" and then drive some lag screws through the rack legs into the mat and plywood. I think that would be second best to actually boltong to floor which I cant do. What do you guys think?

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was also thinking that maybe if I got stall mats I could get some 3/4" plywood for underneathe giving me 1.5" and then drive some lag screws through the rack legs into the mat and plywood. I think that would be second best to actually boltong to floor which I cant do. What do you guys think?
    That'd be fine and should hopefully take care of the unevenness.

To be fair on the uneven J cup issue, it's so minor I'm not even sure it's there. I haven't gotten a level out and done the actual test, could be my eyes playing tricks on me. All in all, I squatted, benched, pressed, last night and didn't notice a difference in feel, so if it is there it does not effect function. Also I have it straddling the gap on two stall mats pushed together. Could be that the mats or the carpet underneath have different compression levels.

I would not let anything like that deter you from buying it, as it may be my imagination, and overall this rack is better thatn the other 3 I have owned by a mile.

Well got it all put together. Its wobbly right now due to the crappy levelness of the ground in the garage mostly. Gonna have to mess around and use different materials under certain feet to make up for the gaps, might get some floor tiling and cut that up and see how it does.
    If you havent already, try loading it up with plates and then backing off all of the bolts. Let it settle and then retighten.

iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try rubber gasket for cast iron pipe work. You can buy it in small sheets that you can cut up to the size you require. It's very dense rubber about 3mm thick, approximately 1/8". It's also got a threaded weave (I don't know the exact name) in it which also makes it incredibly strong.

Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    If you havent already, try loading it up with plates and then backing off all of the bolts. Let it settle and then retighten.
    Thanks. Ill try that out and then go from there.

Just heard from Sorinex. They are going to ship me out the correct set of dip bars later today. I emailed them and had an answer back in about 2 minutes. Great service. I will be ordering an extra set of storage pins to put on the inside portion of the storage uprights for my spare 2.5 plates on and bands.

To be fair on the uneven J cup issue, it's so minor I'm not even sure it's there. I haven't gotten a level out and done the actual test, could be my eyes playing tricks on me. All in all, I squatted, benched, pressed, last night and didn't notice a difference in feel, so if it is there it does not effect function. Also I have it straddling the gap on two stall mats pushed together. Could be that the mats or the carpet underneath have different compression levels.

I would not let anything like that deter you from buying it, as it may be my imagination, and overall this rack is better thatn the other 3 I have owned by a mile.
    take the two j-cups off the rack and compare them side by side. that should help you figure out whether the issue is with the j-cups or with your leveling.

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just heard from Sorinex. They are going to ship me out the correct set of dip bars later today. I emailed them and had an answer back in about 2 minutes. Great service. I will be ordering an extra set of storage pins to put on the inside portion of the storage uprights for my spare 2.5 plates on and bands.
    Are they letting you keep the other dip attachment or are you mailing it back.
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

i put a broom stick across my jcups earlier and got a .5 degree angle. not bad at all

If only so lucky. They are sending a shipping label and I will be shipping back the smaller dip attachment. I don't know what I'd do with two, but I'm sure I'd think of something.

BTW I emailed my contact on this and he said that the decals are supposed to go out with the rack, so I assume if a person who had ordered one in the past were to contact their rep, the decals could be sent to you.

Update:
    after owning the Dark Horse for a few weeks. No real complaints thus far. The bid 3x3 dip attachment came in and I like it better than the 2x2. Nicer stouter steel rod that slides through the hole seems to provide more stability at point of contact. the linch-pin that attaches to the stap is also easier to change on the 3x3 than the 2x2. (for removing the rod when you want to take the dip station off the rack.)

The extra storage pins are worth ordering. A pair of the short 6 inch weight storage pins run $25, and the longer 12 inch pins are $40, so I went with those.

I compared the J-hooks and they are not uneven. I had started to think it was my imagination as, since one J-hook being ever so slightly higher than the other has not affected the function of the rack at all, but when I measured the distance from the top of each hole to the bottom of the top side rail, one side measured 14 and 1/8 inches, and the other side was 14 and 3/8 inches, so I'm not crazy.

I got some blast straps and bands on sale from elite fts this week, so I'm still figuring out new things to do with those. So I have the fat bar, reg bar, and the blast straps give me a 3rd option for neutral grip pull-ups.

I tried to post pics on my phone but they were too big. I'm not too computer savvy, so if someone can link me a post on how to shrink them I'd be happy to post pics.

All in all, very happy with everything so far, and no complaints. Not much else to say really. I'd buy it again.

P.S. Decals weren't in the box, but they did send me a 2nd T-shirt, so I guess I'll drop the decal issue.

Update:
    after owning the Dark Horse for a few weeks. No real complaints thus far. The bid 3x3 dip attachment came in and I like it better than the 2x2. Nicer stouter steel rod that slides through the hole seems to provide more stability at point of contact. the linch-pin that attaches to the stap is also easier to change on the 3x3 than the 2x2. (for removing the rod when you want to take the dip station off the rack.)

The extra storage pins are worth ordering. A pair of the short 6 inch weight storage pins run $25, and the longer 12 inch pins are $40, so I went with those.

I compared the J-hooks and they are not uneven. I had started to think it was my imagination as, since one J-hook being ever so slightly higher than the other has not affected the function of the rack at all, but when I measured the distance from the top of each hole to the bottom of the top side rail, one side measured 14 and 1/8 inches, and the other side was 14 and 3/8 inches, so I'm not crazy.

I got some blast straps and bands on sale from elite fts this week, so I'm still figuring out new things to do with those. So I have the fat bar, reg bar, and the blast straps give me a 3rd option for neutral grip pull-ups.

I tried to post pics on my phone but they were too big. I'm not too computer savvy, so if someone can link me a post on how to shrink them I'd be happy to post pics.

All in all, very happy with everything so far, and no complaints. Not much else to say really. I'd buy it again.

P.S. Decals weren't in the box, but they did send me a 2nd T-shirt, so I guess I'll drop the decal issue.
    Interesting. I wonder what their acceptable variance is. i think most their stuff is made by hand, but a 1/4" is noticeable. Anyone know what the industry standard is?

Technically it was between 1/4 and 1/8 inch, so I rounded up for dramatic effect.