Registered User mustangwrestlin's Avatar
    mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is it bad that I eat/drink a lot of dairy?

Im 19, and I drink a LOT of milk and eat a LOT of yogurt, as in I will probably go through a gallon of milk in one to two days, and I eat about 4 yogurts a day. The milk is always skim milk, and the yogurt is always plain greek yogurt. My friends say that this is bad for my health and I should cut back on dairy a lot. Granted, I find this ironic because they are always stuffing their faces with pizza, cake, etc, but regardless, is there something to what theyre saying? There are not a ton of options to eat healthy in my college dining hall, its mostly really greasy and unhealthy food which suckssssssssss because I like to eat as cleanly as possible. I like dairy so much because there is lots of protein in it (8 grams in a cup of milk, and 18 grams in a plain chobani...which is also non-fat). They also told me that contrary to popular belief dairy causes your bones to weaken, and I have found numerous studies to support this, but then again, i am 19...do I really need to worry about whether my bones are weak yet? I still have a healthy amount of bodyfat, but perhaps I should consider eating less dairy every day anyways? Also, I dont eat cheese.

trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's a ton of people on these forums that have done GOMAD (gallon of milk a day).. and they're still alive. Don't worry about it too much.

Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ahhh m8 same here i drink atleast a gallon milk every 2 days (full fat) & also alot of cheese lol, ofc its not 'bad' for you how would it be lol if it was i be dead along time ago

RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaMrodXx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ill bump this.. also looking for a legitimate answer. was wondering the same thing earlier. i eat a shytload of greek yogurt n milk
    "But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ? victorious" - Vince Lombardi

"If You Can't Run With The Big Dogs, Stay On The Porch"

Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RaMrodXx View Post
    ill bump this.. also looking for a legitimate answer. was wondering the same thing earlier. i eat a shytload of greek yogurt n milk
    Are you still alive?

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'd limit your intake unless you are a northern european. they seem to have the highest tolerance to lactose.

sources: I'm irish and drink ~1+1/2 gallons of whole or 2% a day and I have no acne and i'm fairly regular.
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

Originally Posted by racketteer View Post
    i'd limit your intake unless you are a northern european. they seem to have the highest tolerance to lactose.

sources: I'm irish and drink ~1+1/2 gallons of whole or 2% a day and I have no acne and i'm fairly regular.
    i think u dun a typo & put 'milk' instead of alcohol

inb4 failed joke....

Registered User mustangwrestlin's Avatar
    mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mustangwrestlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ha ha as a matter o fact i am irish lol not just a little bit but very irish lol

trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000) trexmoad123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Georgous View Post
    inb4 failed joke....
    You mean in after*.

Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blake2732 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The most legitimate answer I could give would be that too much calcium can lead to kidney stones but if you're getting sufficient vitamin d your body should be able to absorb most of the calcium.. I would still be careful though, the up limit for calcium is 2500mg a day.. If you're to far beyond that i would be conscious, but dairy generally has protein and the yogurt has very healthy probiotics! Another neg would be that the lactose in some dairy can make people feel trashy throughout the day, hope that helps a bit
    Hyper-Gro Log Thread - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166103841
    Trutein S'mores Review Thread - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166022311
    Store Reviews - http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/search/?q=Blake2732&search-submit=+&category=review

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Blake2732 View Post
    The most legitimate answer I could give would be that too much calcium can lead to kidney stones but if you're getting sufficient vitamin d your body should be able to absorb most of the calcium.. I would still be careful though, the up limit for calcium is 2500mg a day.. If you're to far beyond that i would be conscious, but dairy generally has protein and the yogurt has very healthy probiotics! Another neg would be that the lactose in some dairy can make people feel trashy throughout the day, hope that helps a bit
    Thats not true

I read somewhere that too much dairy reduce the pH of blood (or increase it, do not remember) and to counter act this, the body will dissolve some of his bone mass to buff the acidity (or alkalose). In region where people drink/eat a lot of dairy, the case of fractures and osteoporosis was more elevated than other region where people do not consume dairy regurlary.

Is this true? Idk.

Also in for more inputs. Maybe spiderman have something to say on that
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wkaod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Most(not all) people have at least a mild lactose intolerance, personally I stopped eating dairy full stop(well, except for whey...) a few months ago after realizing it was giving me mild acne. There are also a lot of other common side effects such as bloating, lack of energy, stuffiness(try eating ice cream when you have a cold), etc. I've been meaning to do some more solid research on the effects of the hormones in dairy but haven't gotten around to it, in the meantime, the acne alone is enough for me to quit. Also, and this probably won't really apply to you but as I'm on a cut and dairy products(at least the plentiful cheap ones) are very calorie dense(with a poor nutritional tradeoff compared to other options) I tended to avoid them even before I formally quit.

I'm also in the college dining hall situation but at least here, there are like 7 dining halls, meaning at least one of them will be serving something healthy and dairy free(though not necessarily good tasting...) at any given time. I use rice milk for cereal and coffee in the morning.

tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your young, dont worry about it-- just make sure you get a good variety of proteins via amino acids for supreme muscle repair

Originally Posted by mustangwrestlin View Post
    Im 19, and I drink a LOT of milk and eat a LOT of yogurt, as in I will probably go through a gallon of milk in one to two days, and I eat about 4 yogurts a day. The milk is always skim milk, and the yogurt is always plain greek yogurt. My friends say that this is bad for my health and I should cut back on dairy a lot. Granted, I find this ironic because they are always stuffing their faces with pizza, cake, etc, but regardless, is there something to what theyre saying? There are not a ton of options to eat healthy in my college dining hall, its mostly really greasy and unhealthy food which suckssssssssss because I like to eat as cleanly as possible. I like dairy so much because there is lots of protein in it (8 grams in a cup of milk, and 18 grams in a plain chobani...which is also non-fat). They also told me that contrary to popular belief dairy causes your bones to weaken, and I have found numerous studies to support this, but then again, i am 19...do I really need to worry about whether my bones are weak yet? I still have a healthy amount of bodyfat, but perhaps I should consider eating less dairy every day anyways? Also, I dont eat cheese.
    Natural Pro Bodybuilder

My official fanbook page: https://www.********.com/home.php#!/pages/IFPA-PRO-Ty-Dinh/149463188455189

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/TyDin

Registered User Gonnamakeit2101's Avatar
    Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dairy causes inflammation

Registered User Gonnamakeit2101's Avatar
    Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gonnamakeit2101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    don t over do it