Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100)

Chemical Sweeteners in Whey Protein

Curious if anyone has done some research on Whey proteins out there that do not have any of the deadly chemical sweeteners in them?

- Aspartame
    - Sucralose
    - Potassium Acesulfame
    - Splenda
    - etc..

I went down to a couple of supplement stores and couldnt find one at all. All have at the very least Sucralose. For a supplement that you need to take alot of, this would overload the bod with chemicals that are not good...

Anyone know of a Good quality Whey that uses natural sweeteners or at the very least sugar opposed to chemicals?

some natural sweeteners would be:

- anything organic
    - Stevia
    - Evaporated Cane juice
    - plain sugar

The trend these days appears to be these supplement companies using cheaper sweeteners to expand profit... then they mask it as "low calorie" at the expense of your health. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by _Biff View Post
    Curious if anyone has done some research on Whey proteins out there that do not have any of the deadly chemical sweeteners in them?

- Aspartame
    - Sucralose
    - Potassium Acesulfame
    - Splenda
    - etc..

I went down to a couple of supplement stores and couldnt find one at all. All have at the very least Sucralose. For a supplement that you need to take alot of, this would overload the bod with chemicals that are not good...

Anyone know of a Good quality Whey that uses natural sweeteners or at the very least sugar opposed to chemicals?

- anything organic
    - Stevia
    - Evaporated Cane juice
    - plain sugar

The trend these days appears to be these supplement companies using cheaper sweeteners to expand profit... then they mask it as "low calorie" at the expense of your health. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    None of those sweeteners you mentioned are "deadly" by any means.

Plain sugar is also much MUCH worse than splenda IMO.

_Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100) _Biff is not very well liked. (-100)
    Unfortunately, plain sugar is far superior to all those sweeteners. A little extra fat that a couple grams of sugar will put on you might be better than an enlarged liver. Or maybe you like the enlarged liver or overactive hypothalumus glands.

regardless, you may want to research a little more.

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ZacharyMills View Post
    None of those sweeteners you mentioned are "deadly" by any means.

Plain sugar is also much MUCH worse than splenda IMO.
    x2

The only one i wouldnt really use is aspartame based due to some studies.
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.

DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Unfortunately, plain sugar is far superior to all those sweeteners. A little extra fat that a couple grams of sugar will put on you might be better than an enlarged liver. Or maybe you like the enlarged liver or overactive hypothalumus glands.

You're either seen studies out of context or ones swung by the researchers. You're taking too much into it. None of them are really deadly.
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.

Its bad stuff. regardless, thought there must be a couple out there that have a more natural rundown of ingredients... more importantly, sweeteners... price is not a factor as i would pay more for them if there are some.

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I may want to research more huh? Please show me the studies that show that Sucralose, Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners are dangerous...please show me.

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    NOW Foods and ON both have unsweetened protein powders. You can also order plain proteins from TP.

Thanks Eldawg... i will give these a look. I haven't seen alot of good quality ingredients in some of these proteins, just a lot of marketing and

nice labels. I eat a lot of organic food opposed to the mechanically grown food which is why i am looking for something with less excitotoxins

in it like sucralose. while i was researching on some of these sweeteners and the amount in these drinks... i came across a recomendation in this

article: http://www.newstarget.com/001522.html that there was a protein powder called "Jay Robb's whey protein" that was aware of the chemicals

in some of these proteins. i haven't checked it out but will certainly check out the online store to see if i can find it.... thanks again..

ZacharyMills: you look like a rep for protein is it? i would imagine bad news like this would cut into your bottom line. how much sucralose

does your products have? heres some of the links that you requested above, you may just want to google it yourself.

or maybe you could start here:

http://www.newstarget.com/001522.html
    http://www.newstarget.com/sucralose.html

USPLabs Representative
    www.usplabsdirect.com

So if we break this down and use the 1g protein/lb body weight /day to gain muscle, based on the amount of sucralose you shovel into yourself per

drink based on someone who is 180 lbs... it might look like this:

(1g x 180 lbs) x (roughly 25 mg's sucralose + mg's Potassium Acesulfame) = x

x = 4500mg's or 4.5 g's roughly... this is without the Acesulfame artificial sweetener seeing that they dont post it but add on whatever you know

to this equation. Also the Sucralose is usually unposted as well, but some list upwards of 28mg's per drink.

I dosages tested in humans were 125mg/day with a maximum of 500mg/day.. although there were no problems that they *reported*, it is a far cry from

4500mg/day

Other adverse effects reported in pre-approval research included:

Shrunken thymus glands (up to 40% shrinkage) (EO56)
    Enlarged liver and kidneys. (EO57 & E161)
    Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus (EO51, EO56, EO151)
    Increased cecal weight (E151)
    Reduced growth rate (EO57)
    Decreased red blood cell count (EO55)
    Hyperplasia of the pelvis (EO57)
    Extension of the pregnancy period
    Aborted pregnancy (E134)
    Decreased fetal body weights and placental weights (EO32)
    Diarrhea

http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/sucralose_dangers.htm
    http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/su...stimonials.htm
    http://www.mercola.com/2003/nov/8/splenda_dangers.htm
    http://www.truthaboutsplenda.com/ (Sugar Association Website)
    http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/splenda-adverse.txt
    http://www.splendaexposed.com/
    http://www.tuberose.com/Sucralose.html
    http://www.redicecreations.com/speci...sucralose.html
    http://www.westonaprice.org/modernfo...ree_blues.html
    http://www.mercola.com/fcgi/pf/2004/jul/21/splenda.htm
    www.google.com

Recent Research
    A possible problem with caecal enlargement and renal mineralization has been seen in post approval animal research.

Sucralose Breaks Down
    Despite the manufacturer's mis-statements, sucralose does break down into small amounts of 1,6-dichlorofructose, a chemical that has not been

adequately tested in humans.

Independent, Long-Term Human Research
    None. Manufacturer's "100's of studies" (some of which show hazards) were clearly inadequate and do not demonstrate safety in long-term use.

Chlorinated Pesticides
    The manufacturer claims that the chlorine added to sucralose is similar to the chlorine atom in the salt (NaCl) molecule. That is not the case.

Sucralose may be more like ingesting tiny amounts of chlorinated pesticides, but we will never know without long-term, independent human research.

Conclusion
    While it is unlikely that sucralose is as toxic as the poisoning people are experiencing from Monsanto's aspartame, it is clear from the hazards

seen in pre-approval research and from its chemical structure that years or decades of use may contribute to serious chronic immunological or

neurological disorders

for anyone who might be interested in these or this post.. here are some of the better protein powders that i have found... with some help to bodybuilding.com's support and Eldawg.

- Jay Robb's whey Protein. (Stevia sweetener -> natural)
    - All Natural Pure WPI (Natural)
    - Optimum 100% Natural Whey (uses Fructose (corn syrup), which is also not
    that good but better than the chemicals in the rest)
    - NOW (uses Stevia and Fructose)

Not sure how they taste but i will certainly update for anyone interested once i get some.

357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with the above poster on not consuming artificial sweeteners on a regular basis. I do however, on occasion consume them, same with 2nd hand smoke, I wouldn't want to live in a bar, but once in awhile is not going to kill me(hopefully). You have to live your life and not be in fear of everything. That being said, there is nothing wrong with be cautious. American Nutrition, Biocore, and ON all make nutrisweet free protein. If you really wanted, you could google organic whey, and buy whey in bulk, but it probably won;t mix well or taste good unless you know what you are looking for. I just bought a large tub of American Nutrition protein and like the stuff alright. And it definately is helping me harden up and lean out. There is controversy(like everything else) on stevia if i remember correctly, so i actually try to avoid that stuff as well. I'm paranoid just like the OP on some things, and i agree with most that chemicals are usually not the way to go, but we live in a world filled with chemicals, they are in everything. Consuming them is another thing, you can go out of your way to Limit them from your diet, but unless you are rich and don't venture far from home, it's hard to eat all organic and even than, you still can't be 100% sure. Nothing wrong with being cautious, just don't let it interfere with your life.
    Last edited by 357mag; 07-04-2007 at 01:45 PM.
    A former shadow of myself

well put..!

I cant always get the best 24/7, but i believe we need to do our best and every bit helps.

What struck me the most is the amount of it you must ingest in one day alarms me a bit. On the lighter side, i did manage to find some good resources out of it all and will be changing the protein that i buy.

thanks again.

357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BB and health should go hand in hand, but sadly they don't seem to. I also don't think overloading your body with food to get big is all too healthy myself either. And generally when you are trying to gain muscle, you cut out the good foods like fruits and vegatables. Then you have the supplements that are borderly harming your body, and then the artificial sweeteners and then the AAS and such, it can be a lifestyle that is everything but healthy. If your meant to be 150lbs and you end up at 220, my guess is your heart is going to have to work alot harder to sustain that muscle. So when it comes down to it, being small and thin (and i could be wrong) would probably be healthiest. Calorie restriction could help increase longevity, especially at about 1200calories a day, although i dont know if the effects stop after a certain calorie consumption or just cutting calories period has the same effect. One thing i think helps with health is consuming low GI foods which most people do on the forums, high GI is linked to kidney and i believe pancreatic cancer risks. I have even heard sugar can cause inflammation. White sugar and flour is supposedly bleached somehow, this isn't very healthy either(one article i once read said they have a tendency to stick to your colon and stay there(lack of fiber?)). Many things we consume are not healthy but we do it anyways. I once read an article stating that the food we eat is very low quality from all the pasturization and homogenization(all done to kill bad bacteria), creates an inferior food quality. So you might be getting 13g of protein but really only getting the equivalency of 4-5g. DOn't know how true all of this information i read is, but i do read it and don't take it all to heart.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what are the bsl flavoring systems flavored with?

Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

- Aspartame
    - Sucralose
    - Potassium Acesulfame
    - Splenda
    - etc..

- anything organic
    - Stevia
    - Evaporated Cane juice
    - plain sugar

Lol you're ridiculous.

Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cougar10033 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive read the research on most of those sweeteners. I stay away from diet soda or diet anything and pretty much stick to water when im thirsty. I also drink my coffee black. I dont think that taking 3-4 protein shakes will lead to any long term neurological damage associated with extremly high doses these sweeteners.
    Bench press 375x1
    Squat 480x1
    Deadlift 460x1 with straps

Currently Lean Bulking

DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathfromBelow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You do realize that sugar is a "chemical" sweetener too right? I think you mean "artificial sweetener". In any case, I like some plain unsweetened, unflavored whey and cassein and I can add cocoa powder or dextrose or whatever I want depending on my needs.

cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Eldawg... i will give these a look. I haven't seen alot of good quality ingredients in some of these proteins, just a lot of marketing and

nice labels. I eat a lot of organic food opposed to the mechanically grown food which is why i am looking for something with less excitotoxins

in it like sucralose. while i was researching on some of these sweeteners and the amount in these drinks... i came across a recomendation in this

article: http://www.newstarget.com/001522.html that there was a protein powder called "Jay Robb's whey protein" that was aware of the chemicals

in some of these proteins. i haven't checked it out but will certainly check out the online store to see if i can find it.... thanks again..

ZacharyMills: you look like a rep for protein is it? i would imagine bad news like this would cut into your bottom line. how much sucralose

does your products have? heres some of the links that you requested above, you may just want to google it yourself.

or maybe you could start here:

http://www.newstarget.com/001522.html
    http://www.newstarget.com/sucralose.html

USPLabs Representative
    www.usplabsdirect.com

So if we break this down and use the 1g protein/lb body weight /day to gain muscle, based on the amount of sucralose you shovel into yourself per

drink based on someone who is 180 lbs... it might look like this:

(1g x 180 lbs) x (roughly 25 mg's sucralose + mg's Potassium Acesulfame) = x

x = 4500mg's or 4.5 g's roughly... this is without the Acesulfame artificial sweetener seeing that they dont post it but add on whatever you know

to this equation. Also the Sucralose is usually unposted as well, but some list upwards of 28mg's per drink.

I dosages tested in humans were 125mg/day with a maximum of 500mg/day.. although there were no problems that they *reported*, it is a far cry from

4500mg/day

Other adverse effects reported in pre-approval research included:

Shrunken thymus glands (up to 40% shrinkage) (EO56)
    Enlarged liver and kidneys. (EO57 & E161)
    Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus (EO51, EO56, EO151)
    Increased cecal weight (E151)
    Reduced growth rate (EO57)
    Decreased red blood cell count (EO55)
    Hyperplasia of the pelvis (EO57)
    Extension of the pregnancy period
    Aborted pregnancy (E134)
    Decreased fetal body weights and placental weights (EO32)
    Diarrhea

http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/sucralose_dangers.htm
    http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/su...stimonials.htm
    http://www.mercola.com/2003/nov/8/splenda_dangers.htm
    http://www.truthaboutsplenda.com/ (Sugar Association Website)
    http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/splenda-adverse.txt
    http://www.splendaexposed.com/
    http://www.tuberose.com/Sucralose.html
    http://www.redicecreations.com/speci...sucralose.html
    http://www.westonaprice.org/modernfo...ree_blues.html
    http://www.mercola.com/fcgi/pf/2004/jul/21/splenda.htm
    www.google.com

Recent Research
    A possible problem with caecal enlargement and renal mineralization has been seen in post approval animal research.

Sucralose Breaks Down
    Despite the manufacturer's mis-statements, sucralose does break down into small amounts of 1,6-dichlorofructose, a chemical that has not been

adequately tested in humans.

Independent, Long-Term Human Research
    None. Manufacturer's "100's of studies" (some of which show hazards) were clearly inadequate and do not demonstrate safety in long-term use.

Chlorinated Pesticides
    The manufacturer claims that the chlorine added to sucralose is similar to the chlorine atom in the salt (NaCl) molecule. That is not the case.

Sucralose may be more like ingesting tiny amounts of chlorinated pesticides, but we will never know without long-term, independent human research.

Conclusion
    While it is unlikely that sucralose is as toxic as the poisoning people are experiencing from Monsanto's aspartame, it is clear from the hazards

seen in pre-approval research and from its chemical structure that years or decades of use may contribute to serious chronic immunological or

neurological disorders
    lol ZacharyMills... owned
    Go to your local pound and adopt a cat or dog. It will add years to your life and theirs.

Go Noles!

"Yet Internet sites dedicated to disputing and questioning sucralose safety abound, often citing small studies where rodents fed large doses of sucralose (over 450 times the amount an average person would get by substituting sucralose for all other sweeteners, including sugar) developed shrunken thymus glands, and enlarged livers and kidneys. However, these are the same studies the scientific community, the Food and Drug Administration and consumer advocacy groups considered before concluding in 1998 that the sweetener did not pose a public-health risk. Since that time, no new studies have contradicted those findings."

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/fe...sucralose-safe

Just for sucralose as an example. Like I said, the amount per serving in proteins is nothing to be worried about. If you jump over this, then ephedrine and creatine can be up there with some studies saying they're unsafe.

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i think lifting weights elevates liver enzymes. :/

Originally Posted by Mr. Aries View Post
    i think lifting weights elevates liver enzymes. :/
    yep it does

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i need to stop imediately

dont forget to not have any allergies, no more ibuprofen or alcohol and move to a cold country as hot weather can elevate them as well.

Originally Posted by dinot1985 View Post
    dont forget to not have any allergies, no more ibuprofen or alcohol and move to a cold country as hot weather can elevate them as well.
    i'm packin'

One night i was TRYING to find conclusive data on the harmful effects of artificial sweeteners and basically sucralose was one of the safer ones. Basically, if there is sugar+chlorine and your obviously not absorbing the sugar your not going to absorb the chlorine. Will your body fight with it in the process? i dont know, i know nothing about chemistry and biology, i went to tech school in high school. But i will say this. One guy wrote the FDA about why aspartame is bad. He basically said the amount of methanol in a pepsie would be ~ the same as an apple, no biggie right? well he goes on to state that methanol takes a long time to break down unless you have ethanol to counteract the methanol and help excrete it through breath and sweat. But aspartame doesn't include it. I'm not saying this is all 100% accurate, just something i did read. Can anyone debunk this? supposedly methanol takes a long time to get rid of and i believe converts to formaldahyde.

BTW thanks for the read Binot.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You lift weights?
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    You lift weights?
    not anymore

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not anymore
    We need to go shopping for sugar now, too.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 357mag View Post
    One night i was TRYING to find conclusive data on the harmful effects of artificial sweeteners and basically sucralose was one of the safer ones. Basically, if there is sugar+chlorine and your obviously not absorbing the sugar your not going to absorb the chlorine. Will your body fight with it in the process? i dont know, i know nothing about chemistry and biology, i went to tech school in high school. But i will say this. One guy wrote the FDA about why aspartame is bad. He basically said the amount of methanol in a pepsie would be ~ the same as an apple, no biggie right? well he goes on to state that methanol takes a long time to break down unless you have ethanol to counteract the methanol and help excrete it through breath and sweat. But aspartame doesn't include it. I'm not saying this is all 100% accurate, just something i did read. Can anyone debunk this? supposedly methanol takes a long time to get rid of and i believe converts to formaldahyde.

BTW thanks for the read Binot.
    methanol is in peppermint. So everytime you smell or use peppermint you can causing damage. Yeah right.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000)
    i bought a tub of the ON 100% natural stuff that is sweetened with stevia.
    It tasted close to what I would imagine **** tastes like, it was that bad.

Also I do not feel that a biased "news" web site is a good source for peer reviewed research.