princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What football position am i best for?

Going to be a sophomore but dont plan on playing football til junior year. Currently 6 ft 178 lbs.

Started SS 2 weeks ago

current stats

bench: 125 3x5
    squat: 155 3x5
    deadlift: 175 3x5

I will be bulking up til then but including breaks because of basketball.

What position would I be best for??

LB??
    DB??
    Safety???

BlakeHendi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlakeHendi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlakeHendi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlakeHendi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlakeHendi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlakeHendi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You'll probably be good for a free safety your tall and if you run pretty well you'll do great and or corner back basically the same thing, or a wide receiver.

But if you so how became super strong then you could be a tight end or a linebacker

redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    well you'll need to be stronger for LB, but depending on your speed you have the right size for receiver/db. If you play basketball you probably have the athleticism for corner, so its really about speed and what you want to do at this point. If you don't like the position you play, you'll find it hard to want to put in the effort to get better. The more you like what you do, the more you'll like getting better at it.
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yungbreezy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    cornerback or receiver, you're kinda light for a safety, need to add some mass.

princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Football position and weight for basketball??? REPS GIVEN

Originally Posted by yungbreezy View Post
    So would 200 lbs next fall be realistic? Along with the fact I will probably grow up to another inch by then?
    6'1" 200 lbs safety? Or maybe I could go all out on agility related training after the bulk and go for like a 190ish lbs corner?
    ALSO, would 6 ft 190 or maybe even the full 200-210 lbs be too heavy for basketball? I would obviously cut til I'm under like 13% BF but is there any weight that would be too heavy for basketball? Or would keeping up with agility training keep me ok no matter how heavy i get?

NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by yungbreezy View Post
    Guys, this is not USC. *yung, I assume you come from a really big football area: Texas, North Jersey, etc. and are used to having like 6 potential d1 players on each team. *I don't know what school he goes to but this is just a high school football team and unless he's at a powerhouse program he could be a safety. *I have seen 145lb safeties who do above average in high school games, OP you could be one if you wanted to. *****, I have seen 175lb senior lineman at 1A school who start!, yeah I'll acknowledge they suck but but it's not like there getting their ass kicked against other 1a lineman. *Honestly, 178lbs is big for a sophomore, hell you could probably hold your own on line if you wanted, seriously think about it you could probably get to like 235lbs by senior year and be a kick ass center at a small high school. *Yeah, I think 200lbs could definitely possible as well, just eat clean, and eat big. *You should probably stick with SS for a limited amount of time, then move to ws4sb3 by joe defranco, it will help you put on muscle a lot, as well as speed. *I'm not sure how big of a school you go to, but I think with your height and weight and strength the best position for you would be safety. *Oh and to answer your question about if someone who is 6'1 200 can play safety look at this:*http://www.nfl.com/player/romanharper/2506893/profile there's my specific example...

Originally Posted by NHfootball View Post
    Guys, this is not USC. *yung, I assume you come from a really big football area: Texas, North Jersey, etc. and are used to having like 6 potential d1 players on each team. *I don't know what school he goes to but this is just a high school football team and unless he's at a powerhouse program he could be a safety. *I have seen 145lb safeties who do above average in high school games, OP you could be one if you wanted to. *****, I have seen 175lb senior lineman at 1A school who start!, yeah I'll acknowledge they suck but but it's not like there getting their ass kicked against other 1a lineman. *Honestly, 178lbs is big for a sophomore, hell you could probably hold your own on line if you wanted, seriously think about it you could probably get to like 235lbs by senior year and be a kick ass center at a small high school. *Yeah, I think 200lbs could definitely possible as well, just eat clean, and eat big. *You should probably stick with SS for a limited amount of time, then move to ws4sb3 by joe defranco, it will help you put on muscle a lot, as well as speed. *I'm not sure how big of a school you go to, but I think with your height and weight and strength the best position for you would be safety. *Oh and to answer your question about if someone who is 6'1 200 can play safety look at this:*http://www.nfl.com/player/romanharper/2506893/profile there's my specific example...
    Lake Washington High school, its kinda eastside of seattle....not a very good football program whatsoever

when should I stop SS? I was thinking of going until I get to 1x bodyweight bench, 1.5x squat, and 2x deadlift
    *also what about basketball? Would 190-200 lbs junior year be too heavy for a 2 or 3?

NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah you're good for basketball, and I'd say get on ws4sb3 as soon as possible, if it takes more than another two months to hit those goals you have, I'd say regardless of stats go to ws4sb3.

APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you will do just fine as a cornerback or receiver. But I believe that the most important thing about preparing for a future position or sports is to know what you want and work towards getting there. So if you want to be a receiver, then you should know what to do to get there. But if you would rather play as safty, then just work towards that. And do forget to believe in yourself above all.