Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loganchris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Short and at the sweet spot. I like your forum contributions !
    If anybody would like to handbalance like bruce lee, you should check me at

--------------> www.lostartofhandbalancing.com <--------------

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Monthly bump for noobs.

jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im working through a tri phase trainig programme at the moment.

Week 1-3 split routine Mon,Tues, thurs, Fri
    week 4-6 Upper. Mon Thurs Lower Tues, Fri
    Week 7-9 Full Body Mon, Wed, Fri
    Best of all worlds
    Just a thought
    Link below

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...setraining.pdf
    My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148017503&welcome=true
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jonthetrain

eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazy57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just began a full body workout last week after training with splits for a majority of the year. I think I am going to switch them up every 8 to 12 weeks. I'm loving the full body workout and the increased frequency. I am also lifting heavier because I am only doing one or two exercises per body part, so I'm seeing some nice strength gains as well.

There are benefits to both. When I want focus on bulking or focusing on specific parts, or lagging parts I use a split routine. If I want to stimulate my muscles through high frequency, then I use a full body workout.
    Nothing gets in the way of our progress more than ourselves.

Lose the mindset that everything and everyone is the reason you aren't where you want to be.

YOU are the reason you are where you are.

The biggest problem with people are the excuses they make.

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by eazy57 View Post
    I just began a full body workout last week after training with splits for a majority of the year. I think I am going to switch them up every 8 to 12 weeks. I'm loving the full body workout and the increased frequency. I am also lifting heavier because I am only doing one or two exercises per body part, so I'm seeing some nice strength gains as well.

There are benefits to both. When I want focus on bulking or focusing on specific parts, or lagging parts I use a split routine. If I want to stimulate my muscles through high frequency, then I use a full body workout.
    You weigh 146 lbs. Even at 5' 4", you should have no 'lagging' parts at that weight. Don't worry about 'switching it up' every 8 - 12 weeks. That's muscle confusion bro-science perpetuated by Tony Horton and his P90-X zombies. If something is working (like it sounds like the full body routine you're on is) milk it for all it's worth, deload, and keep going. Lift heavy and profit.

Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bump for the influx of New Year resolutioners (this really would be useful as a sticky in this forum area)

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Full Body Routines vs. Splits

The question often arises, especially from beginners, about what type of routine to use. Your buddy told you to use a full body routine, but the muscle mags suggest a 5-day "bodybuilder" split. You don't want to start off on the wrong foot, but there is so much information out there that sorting through what to do can be difficult.

This is some of my opinion on the subject, and maybe it'll help a few people out.

Full Body Routines:

In my opinion, this is the place for a beginner to start. I have many years of lifting experience, and have pretty much always used some form of bodybuilding split routine. However, if I had it to do over again, I would have begun with a good full-body routine, built around the compound lifts, done 3 times per week. When you are a beginner you don't generally have the muscular strength to work intensely enough, or with enough volume, to require as much recovery time as someone who is stronger or more experienced. If you are a young beginner, on top of that, you have very good recovery abilities due to high hormone levels. So, because you are recovered relatively quickly after each workout, you want to stimulate each muscle group more often to induce strength and growth.

Another reason to start with a full body program is that this gives you the opportunity to learn and practice the basic lifts: squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, etc. Whether your goal is bodybuilding, strength athlete, sports, or just remaining fit, these really ought to form the basis of any routine. No matter what path you choose to "branch out" on later, these core lifts will serve you well.

2-Day Split Routines:

So the next question becomes: when should I think about split routines? In very simple terms, the answer is: when full body routines become too much. Usually, as you get stronger, it becomes very difficult to maintain enough energy to do squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc. all on the same day. You may also find that you want to add in a few isolation exercises to bring up your weak areas, or you may want to begin focusing more on each core lift. Another issue is recovery; as you get stronger, you are able to work out more intensely, and that means longer recovery times. So at that point, it makes sense to "split" things up by only doing a part of your previous full routine on any given day.

A logical place to make your first split is into an Upper / Lower type routine. This will have you doing your upper body work like bench press, rows, overhead pressing on 1 day, and your lower body work like squats on another day. Another way to go would be a "push/pull" type split where you do all your pulling exercises (rows, deads) on one day and your pushing exercises (squats, overhead press, bench) on another day. Exactly how you do it is up to you, but the point is to divide the workload per session. This will give you more time (and volume) per body part, and also give you a bit more recovery before you work that muscle again. Most people will typically cycle through a 2-day split like these twice per week. So instead of every muscle being stimulated 3 times per week with the full body, now it's twice per week with the 2-day split.

3+ Day Splits:

3, 4, 5 (or more!) day splits come in when you again feel the need to divide your workload to match your recovery abilities, or increase the amount of work you want to do on specific muscles or lifts. Generally, these type of splits are mostly bodybuilding related, but even strength athletes may chose to split so they can work on speed lifts one day, strength work another, etc.

At this point (speaking to bodybuilding) many lifters will only hit each muscle group once per week. This has the advantage of letting you really hammer a muscle group with a lot of weight and volume, and then give it plenty of time to recover while you're bringing the pain to the next group. Your full body effort is broken down into segments that are manageable from a workload, energy, and recovery standpoint.

If you are an "experienced" (older) lifter with decreased recovery abilities (we all ain't as young as we used to be), this type of split often is useful for staying healthy due to the increased recovery time per body part. The kids might not think it's important, but your tendons might.

There are so many variations of splits that I won't even attempt to detail all the possibilities. If you follow the advice in this post, by the time you need a multiple day split, you'll know your body, your goals, and have a pretty good idea of what you want to do.

Final Thoughts:

I believe it's a logical notion to start with a full body routine, and begin splitting only when you feel the need to increase your recovery or increase your volume. If you stick with the concept that you're trying to hit a muscle as often as you are able while still recovering adequately, and let that be your guide, you'll do okay.

Hopefully, this gives some food for thought to help you decide what type of routine you should use. Ultimately, however, it's worth saying that you can do fine with any well-designed program even if you begin with a split routine right from the beginning.

Repost from my thread in the Exercises Section...it's more applicable here.
    Repped (sorry I don't have any worthwhile rep power yet)

TY, Very well thought out and to the point, Don't even need to TL-DR it... I was able to read it, understand it and comprehend it with one fairly quick read-through.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000)
    bumping ... ¡Viva la Resolutión!

Timmeyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help a skinny guy out

Hello everyone,

I've just recoverd from having a broken upper arm (Humerus Fracture) and went from 160 lbs (when I started again after broken arm for few months) and worked my way back up to 180 lbs, using a 5 day split the last few months.

So that worked quite well to get back up to weight again, but I'm very tall 6' 6" and naturally very skinny. Would you guys recommend a full body routine for me or should I just keep doing the 5 day split (chest,back,shoulders,arms,legs) ?

With food I think i'm doing pretty well getting in 4000 cals a day with 500gr carbs, 250gr protein and 100gr fats. Hope you guys can help me, I'm really looking to bulk up to about 220 lbs so I'm not that skinny guy anymore and have a decent amount of muscle.

Would greatly appreciate your help !
    Last edited by Timmeyy; 01-09-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Originally Posted by Timmeyy View Post
    With food I think i'm doing pretty well getting in 4000 cals a day with 500 carbs, 250 protein and 100 fats. Hope you guys can help me, I'm really looking to bulk up to about 220 lbs so I'm not that skinny guy anymore and have a decent amount of muscle.
    This is why you gained weight, not your routine. How much strength did you gain with the weight? What are your stats on the big 3 now? What were they when you started? If you can lift more frequently than once every five days, why wouldn't you?

The advantage of a full-body routine is that it allows a lifter to progress more frequently than a body part split, while still allowing sufficient recovery time. If you are lifting so damn much weight that you can't possibly recover adequately in two days, then it's time to look at adding more recovery time. Probably an upper / lower split 2x / week where you now have 3 days to recover. After that, maybe a push/pull/legs 2x / week split depending, again, on your ability to recover.

As you get stronger, generally, you want to decrease the frequency and increase the volume. Most people want to progress as quickly as possible. That's why full-body routines are suggested. Doesn't mean that you HAVE to, or that you won't have gains if you don't do it, it's just what works well (best?) for most people.

But hey, it's your body, your time, and your decision. Do what you want. Start a log in the Journal's section and you'll get a ton of great advice / encouragement.

Timmeyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RockCrab View Post
    This is why you gained weight, not your routine. How much strength did you gain with the weight? What are your stats on the big 3 now? What were they when you started? If you can lift more frequently than once every five days, why wouldn't you?

The advantage of a full-body routine is that it allows a lifter to progress more frequently than a body part split, while still allowing sufficient recovery time. If you are lifting so damn much weight that you can't possibly recover adequately in two days, then it's time to look at adding more recovery time. Probably an upper / lower split 2x / week where you now have 3 days to recover. After that, maybe a push/pull/legs 2x / week split depending, again, on your ability to recover.

As you get stronger, generally, you want to decrease the frequency and increase the volume. Most people want to progress as quickly as possible. That's why full-body routines are suggested. Doesn't mean that you HAVE to, or that you won't have gains if you don't do it, it's just what works well (best?) for most people.

But hey, it's your body, your time, and your decision. Do what you want. Start a log in the Journal's section and you'll get a ton of great advice / encouragement.
    Thanks for the advice, I started from scratch again, because of the broken upper arm and now I am at:
    Benchpress 8 x 135 lbs
    Deadlift 8 x 100 lbs
    Squat 12 x 100 lbs

I now feel like I can go and lift heavier again and the arm is totally fine, so I should be able to keep increasing the weight on those 3 exercises. I just don't know what you guys think is the best way for me to go, to add the most muscle mass to my body. I know the weight gain is mostly due to the nutrition, but I want to have the training in check as well.

Originally Posted by Timmeyy View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I started from scratch again, because of the broken upper arm and now I am at:
    Benchpress 8 x 135 lbs
    Deadlift 8 x 100 lbs
    Squat 12 x 100 lbs

I now feel like I can go and lift heavier again and the arm is totally fine, so I should be able to keep increasing the weight on those 3 exercises. I just don't know what you guys think is the best way for me to go, to add the most muscle mass to my body. I know the weight gain is mostly due to the nutrition, but I want to have the training in check as well.
    Check out All Pro's Simple Beginner's Routine or JasonDB's Novice 5x5. Both are stickied. Both are full-body routines with a body building focus. All Pro has you working in the 8-12 rep range and progressing by adding reps every week. JasonDB has you working in the 5 rep range on the main lifts, 8 reps for accessories, and progressing in weight.

Liltopchef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi all, was hoping to get abit of help stuck with a decision and thought ye would have better thoughts than mine on it! Okay like Tim above I too broke a bone in my hand which put me out of action for two months back at the gym now for 2 months bit longer! Was switching workouts alot due to not interested in it! So started a full body this week on Monday but after it I feel i could of done more as in not tired like i would be after a split! What would ye recommend for me to do a split or full body workout? I have good experience also as in my form is good on the exercises! Stats are,
    Bench = 210 pounds
    Squat = 250 pounds
    Deadlift = 140 kg.

Thanks, Eric!

mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrmrbill00003 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Liltopchef View Post
    So started a full body this week on Monday but after it I feel i could of done more as in not tired like i would be after a split!
    You and the other poster referenced are at different different stages of development (w/r/t lift numbers). One or two workouts so far won't tell you much -- a few weeks of trying to increase weight/reps will tell more. JDB's 5x5 has more volume than other popular 3x full body routines, so perhaps that extra work will wear you out to your satisfaction. It does take longer though, which gets to the second aspect of FB vs. Splits: you're either managing recovery or you're managing gym time.

hatman5700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatman5700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatman5700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatman5700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatman5700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatman5700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatman5700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi all, recently posted a thread asking for input on my 5 day split and then got many suggestions to switch to a full body (some of which were, how can I say, very passionate... lol).
    I figured I would post here since this seems to be more the topic at hand for me now.

Summary:
    I'm a beginner by definition, about 1.5 months into working out with this split routine, and about 3 months working out overall.

Splits I Use Today:
    Here is my 5 day split with some of the exercises (I listed 3/5, I usually do 5 sets per muscle):
    My #'s so far (in lbs)...
    Chest
    1. FlatBarbellBench [95 x 10]x1 (WarmUp), Working Pyramid: [135 x 10]x1, [155 x 8]x1, [165 x 6]x1, [135 x 8]x1, [115 x 10]x1
    2. Incline Dumbbells [40 x 10]x2 [45 x 8]x1
    3. Dumbbell Flies [20 x 10]x2 [25 x 8]x1

Some of Back
    1. Standard Pull-Ups [55 x 10]x2 [45 x 8-10]x2 (Weight=Assisted Weight)
    2. Deadlifts [95 x 10]x1 (WarmUp) [135 x 10]x1 [155 x 10]x1 [185 x 6]x1
    3. Seated Rows [100 x 10]x3

Some of Shoulders
    1. Shoulder Press [25 x 10] (WarmUp), [45 x 10]x2, [5 x 8]x1
    2. Lateral Shld Raise [25 x 10]x2 [30 x 8]x1
    3. Upright Row [70 x 10]x2 [80 x 8]x1

Some of Arms
    1. Dips [None x 10reps]x4 (Was going to start weighted this week, dips are finally starting to get easier)
    2. Medium BarbellCurl [30 x 10]x1 (WarmUp) [60 x 10]x2 [70 x 10]x1
    3. CableRopePulldown [40 x 10]x2 [45 x 8]x1
    4. Alt Hammer Curls [25 x 10]x2 [30 x 8]x1

5. Legs
    1.bad.at.legs
    I had squats @ 135lbs... it was too easy I think but also one of my first times.
    I always needed to revisit my plan for this day.

Verdict:
    I've never really second guessed my work out until I posted it here for feedback and then got bombarded with quotes like "You are doing bro-splits, you are a beginner go to full body"
    I could do without the sass, but if the point stands then I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing for my body.
    Is it time for me to switch to full body workouts?

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by hatman5700 View Post
    Verdict:
    I've never really second guessed my work out until I posted it here for feedback and then got bombarded with quotes like "You are doing bro-splits, you are a beginner go to full body"
    I could do without the sass, but if the point stands then I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing for my body.
    Is it time for me to switch to full body workouts?
    If you read my original post, you'll know my answer. You can get results on any reasonable program, split or otherwise, but in the beginning frequency trumps specialization. IE: Big compounds lifts done more often > more volume per body part.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Monthly bump.

alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bump, because sharing awesomeness is essential.

And Vox...

windsurf1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) windsurf1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) windsurf1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) windsurf1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started out with a 4 day split and am fairly happy with results so far but I know I should be getting my fundamentals before doing that.

Would this be a decent 3 day full-body routine. 3x10, mass focused:

Monday
    Squat
    Calf Raise
    Dumbbell Overhead Press
    Lat Pulldown
    Shrugs
    Hammer Curls

Wednesday
    Barbell Bench Press
    Flat Flys
    Rack Deadlift
    Dips
    Barbell Rows
    Weighted Crunch

Friday
    Incline Dumbell Press
    French Press
    Chins
    Front Squats
    Good Mornings
    Dumbell Curls

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by windsurf1979 View Post
    I started out with a 4 day split and am fairly happy with results so far but I know I should be getting my fundamentals before doing that.

Would this be a decent 3 day full-body routine. 3x10, mass focused:

Monday
    Squat
    Calf Raise
    Dumbbell Overhead Press
    Lat Pulldown
    Shrugs
    Hammer Curls

Wednesday
    Barbell Bench Press
    Flat Flys
    Rack Deadlift
    Dips
    Barbell Rows
    Weighted Crunch

Friday
    Incline Dumbell Press
    French Press
    Chins
    Front Squats
    Good Mornings
    Dumbell Curls
    Are you trying to break a record for how many times you can spam this routine?
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

windsurf1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) windsurf1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) windsurf1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) windsurf1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DeltaCharlie75 View Post
    Are you trying to break a record for how many times you can spam this routine?
    If I can break the record with 2 posts then I guess I'm pretty proud.

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by windsurf1979 View Post
    If I can break the record with 2 posts then I guess I'm pretty proud.
    Hmm, let me add this up .... You start your own thread 1, you post the same thing in routines and advice 2, and you post it here 3. All in the same forum. Read the stickies for a decent routine.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151032123
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magicalhorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always do all my lifts same day. If I roided I would do that **** everyday, but I'll take 2 or three days off at present. I do alternating chest exercises on different days though.

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RockCrab View Post
    Monthly bump for noobs.
    April bumps for summer time pumps!

how bad do you want it? mikeallen52's Avatar
    mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bumping to Page 1.
    MikeAllen v1.0 :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152402033

Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Inb4 Sticky. Great post as usual Vox!
    1 Timothy 4:8 ESV For while bodily training is of some value, Godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Someone who said what I've been thinking all along.
    I'm on a 4 day split, and this is how I enjoy training most. It focuses on a compound lift each day.

People on here act as if you wont make progress unless you do ss or something.
    Current Lifts

Squat 5x5 85kg
    Bench 5x5 60kg
    Deadlift 1x5 102.5kg

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dylanmcauley33 View Post
    Someone who said what I've been thinking all along.
    I'm on a 4 day split, and this is how I enjoy training most. It focuses on a compound lift each day.

People on here act as if you wont make progress unless you do ss or something.
    You've been 125lbs since at least the past 2 years. Most of the lifters here aspire to Something-Beyond-Manlet

dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SkydogGinsberg View Post
    You've been 125lbs since at least the past 2 years. Most of the lifters here aspire to Something-Beyond-Manlet
    And until now I was doing other stuff besides lifting. Making it difficult to gain weight

my stats don't change the fact that you'll make progress on any decent routine

tbh most big guys started on a split, and the way people on here preach things like ss there's not a lot of stories of guys with hypertrophy goals succeeding
    Current Lifts

Squat 5x5 85kg
    Bench 5x5 60kg
    Deadlift 1x5 102.5kg

Okay, if you say so. You decided to forego the other stuff and focus solely on lifting 4 months ago in January.

Since then, you've been looking for new splits in Jan, Feb, Mar, April.

And you still weigh 125lbs ... not a single pound of progress in any of those months.

Are you sure you're in the right thread?