haejunah is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Questions about Teen bodybuilding

So I just have a couple questions about teen bodybuilding. Some background information, I've been lifting at home for about 6-7 months. Now before anyone says something about teens shouldn't be counting calories or macros, I already know that people think teens should but I feel as if though if I don't count macros/calories, I'm going to gain fat. I went from about 140-150 lbs to 133 lbs (current weight). My problem right now is that although I have visible abs but I have this really ****ing annoying back and love handle fat I want to get rid of. So basically I want to lose more overall bodyfat. My goal is to of course gain more muscle but I want to lose the back and love handle fat. I am also doing intermittent fasting and sometimes doing fasted HIIT cardio. More info below.

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 133
    Bodyfat Estimate: 10-14% BF
    Working out 4-5 times a day

Questions:

1.) Can teens go on a small "cut" without damaging anything that has to do with our growth. For example, going down to a 100-300 calorie deficit.

2.) How do my macros look? Maintenance calories.
    Carbs - 300g
    Fats - 60g
    Protein - 133g
    Calories - 2,300cal

3.) Can you still gain muscle while on maintenance calories?
    Attached Images

RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please stop cutting, you’d look much much better with some actual muscle

Originally Posted by RenePRKL View Post
    Im not cutting ;-;. Should I just continue eating at maintenance, if I do will I still gain muscle

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RenePRKL View Post
    +1

Op stop obsessing over the small amount of fat. You are going down a dangerous road.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    +1

Op stop obsessing over the small amount of fat. You are going down a dangerous road.
    Bruh what do I do then

CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1. To avoid messing up your hormones, you shouldn't go on crash diets or anything like that. Nutrition, getting the right macros is important. Fat is important, as it's essential!
    I believe a minor cut could work, since even doctors advice overweight kids to lose weight (which means putting them in a caloric deficit)
    I am no doctor tho, don't take my words for it!

2. Looks good. Could maybe up the fats a bit, just to stay on the safe side. As I first mentioned, fat and proteins are essential.
    Carbs are not, so you could sacrifice some carbs and get some more fat and proteins, just to be on the safe and healthy side.

3. You can if you're still in the early stages of training. You've been working out for 6-7 months. Perhaps the first few weeks/months, were not "serious"
    as you weren't really experienced with it and confused. Most of us are like that. We live and we learn.

Final words:
    Looking at your picture, you're not fat at all. What you see is not noticeable for other people.
    And it's a demon we're all fighting. I used to be a fat ass kid, I could hear my tits clapping, when I was brushing my teeth.
    Today I have a much better physique, but I still have some underbelly fat
    or love handles, especially now when I'm bulking. But no one else sees it as a problem, they think I look very fit and usually ask me for advice.
    I would advice you to bulk up instead, perhaps go on a lean bulk, eat more. Building bigger muscles, will kinda pierce through the fat.
    So having maybe 15% body fat and lots of muscles, will still make you look lean.
    Compared to someone with 15% body fat and no muscles at all, might look like 20-25% body fat.
    Instagram: @CidBone - Fitness Guidance and Tips. My experiences and version.
    www.instagram.com/cidbone

Originally Posted by CidBone View Post
    1. To avoid messing up your hormones, you shouldn't go on crash diets or anything like that. Nutrition, getting the right macros is important. Fat is important, as it's essential!
    I believe a minor cut could work, since even doctors advice overweight kids to lose weight (which means putting them in a caloric deficit)
    I am no doctor tho, don't take my words for it!

2. Looks good. Could maybe up the fats a bit, just to stay on the safe side. As I first mentioned, fat and proteins are essential.
    Carbs are not, so you could sacrifice some carbs and get some more fat and proteins, just to be on the safe and healthy side.

3. You can if you're still in the early stages of training. You've been working out for 6-7 months. Perhaps the first few weeks/months, were not "serious"
    as you weren't really experienced with it and confused. Most of us are like that. We live and we learn.

Final words:
    Looking at your picture, you're not fat at all. What you see is not noticeable for other people.
    And it's a demon we're all fighting. I used to be a fat ass kid, I could hear my tits clapping, when I was brushing my teeth.
    Today I have a much better physique, but I still have some underbelly fat
    or love handles, especially now when I'm bulking. But no one else sees it as a problem, they think I look very fit and usually ask me for advice.
    I would advice you to bulk up instead, perhaps go on a lean bulk, eat more. Building bigger muscles, will kinda pierce through the fat.
    So having maybe 15% body fat and lots of muscles, will still make you look lean.
    Compared to someone with 15% body fat and no muscles at all, might look like 20-25% body fat.
    I see, thank you so much

nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are underweight... You really should eat more maybe +200/300 above maintenance. I have been doing that as a newbie and i have not gained any fat just muscle.

Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I made the same mistake you're about to make when I was 15. I was 5'6 135lbs and dropped to 125 hoping to lose fat. You should be at least 150 at your height so I'd slowly work my way up.

Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Your trying to “cut” down to a physique that ISNT there. You’ll only look worse. Build a physique first and then strip the fat off.

Originally Posted by Gayle1 View Post
    I made the same mistake you're about to make when I was 15. I was 5'6 135lbs and dropped to 125 hoping to lose fat. You should be at least 150 at your height so I'd slowly work my way up.
    I have been eating at or slightly above maintenance for about 2 weeks and I gained roughly 3 lbs. Look back at a picture a couple months ago I can really tell that I gained either more fat or water weight. Is this good progress?

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by haejunah View Post
    I have been eating at or slightly above maintenance for about 2 weeks and I gained roughly 3 lbs. Look back at a picture a couple months ago I can really tell that I gained either more fat or water weight. Is this good progress?
    The first few lb of weight gain are simply water weight and glycogen levels. Keep gaining weight at this rate.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

What I recommend to do

Originally Posted by haejunah View Post
    So I just have a couple questions about teen bodybuilding. Some background information, I've been lifting at home for about 6-7 months. Now before anyone says something about teens shouldn't be counting calories or macros, I already know that people think teens should but I feel as if though if I don't count macros/calories, I'm going to gain fat. I went from about 140-150 lbs to 133 lbs (current weight). My problem right now is that although I have visible abs but I have this really ****ing annoying back and love handle fat I want to get rid of. So basically I want to lose more overall bodyfat. My goal is to of course gain more muscle but I want to lose the back and love handle fat. I am also doing intermittent fasting and sometimes doing fasted HIIT cardio. More info below.

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 133
    Bodyfat Estimate: 10-14% BF
    Working out 4-5 times a day

Questions:

1.) Can teens go on a small "cut" without damaging anything that has to do with our growth. For example, going down to a 100-300 calorie deficit.

2.) How do my macros look? Maintenance calories.
    Carbs - 300g
    Fats - 60g
    Protein - 133g
    Calories - 2,300cal

3.) Can you still gain muscle while on maintenance calories?
    I wouldn't recommend a cut until you are 180 pounds however it depends on the goal.A healthy body fat range is 8-15 for optimal health in my opinion. I am 19% rn and I have gotten up to 220 pounds however my goal is strength and powerlifting not bodybuilding. Keep up the slow bulking man. Bodybuilding is a marathon not a sprint.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class