gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sore Forehead after Deadlift

Yes, you heard right. My forehead is sore to the touch, as if I had just walked head-first into a wall. I'm linking this to my deadlifts yesterday because I have not hit my head or done anything else that would cause it.

Since my dl set yesterday was especially strenuous, i'm thinking that I could have strained the blood vessels in my forehead. Anyone have any input on this? It's all I can think of.

magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keep your eye on it, I wouldn't get too worked up, see how it feels tomorrow/sunday.
    East Coast Mecca
    http://bevfrancis.com/

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did you spend too long in the tanning bed?
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) gutzsy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
    I don't tan.

preacher of simplicity godsamurai's Avatar
    godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
    lol

Originally Posted by gutzsy View Post
    I don't tan.
    well I would link it to the cold weather, I live in California and it's really hot in here right now, the weather went back to normal since few days ago...

Everytime it gets cold (especially during the dawn), my forehead might get sore and sometimes with headache. When you have chance, just wash your face with hot water including the forehead, and drink something warm. When body temperature goes higher, the pain caused by cold temperature must recede.

You can get pain in the head but not on the surface (or close to) of forehead due to stress caused by heavy liting training. It also could be due to you were frowning face while lifting and actually worked a lot on forehead muscle but it's just my guessing. (I don't think forehead has much muscle anyway)
    Dymatize ISO-100 protein: 25g protein, 1 carb, 0 fat, 0 lactose, 0 sugar
    That's all you need.

Personal Dymatize protein review (2011):

Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are officially the second person I've ever heard this happen to. A guy I work with got the exact same thing from bench pressing, only his forehead actually swelled up and he looked like Frankenstein. He went for CAT scans and MRIs and everything came up clean. My guess was he blew vessels in his forehead because he wasn't breathing properly during the lifts (maybe holding his breath??). Check your breathing.

But whatever you do, don't let happen what the guy at work did- he swore off lifting altogether.
    7 foot tall crew checking in

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    i'm thinking that I could have strained the blood vessels in my forehead. Anyone have any input on this? It's all I can think of.
    Once in a while, powerlifters will burst a tiny blood vessel in the eye, called a "Subconjunctival Hemorrhage." Never heard of any such thing in the forehead, and if something like that happened, I'd imagine there'd be massive discoloration/bruising in the area.

Your best bet here is to consult your doc, OP.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    probably a bursted blood vessel from the built up pressure. its happend to me after throwing up lol
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by Roidmonster55 View Post
    You are officially the second person I've ever heard this happen to. A guy I work with got the exact same thing from bench pressing, only his forehead actually swelled up and he looked like Frankenstein. He went for CAT scans and MRIs and everything came up clean. My guess was he blew vessels in his forehead because he wasn't breathing properly during the lifts (maybe holding his breath??). Check your breathing.

But whatever you do, don't let happen what the guy at work did- he swore off lifting altogether.
    What I have sounds like a much, much milder version of this. It seems to me that I was short of bursting a vessel (which would be visible), and merely stretched one (or them, considering my whole forehead is sore) out. I was definitely holding my breath.

Originally Posted by godsamurai View Post
    lol

well I would link it to the cold weather, I live in California and it's really hot in here right now, the weather went back to normal since few days ago...

Everytime it gets cold (especially during the dawn), my forehead might get sore and sometimes with headache. When you have chance, just wash your face with hot water including the forehead, and drink something warm. When body temperature goes higher, the pain caused by cold temperature must recede.

You can get pain in the head but not on the surface (or close to) of forehead due to stress caused by heavy liting training. It also could be due to you were frowning face while lifting and actually worked a lot on forehead muscle but it's just my guessing. (I don't think forehead has much muscle anyway)
    I've weathered the bitter cold New York winter for 23 consecutive years, and nothing like this has ever happened to me. The soreness is not within the skull. It's post-bone, epidermal even, and can only be felt when I touch it or furrow my brow. This is why I believe it's blood vessel strain/damage. As for muscle soreness...maybe. The shoe would fit on that explanation as well.
    Last edited by gutzsy; 02-15-2013 at 01:36 PM.

preacher of simplicity godsamurai's Avatar
    godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've weathered the bitter cold New York winter for 23 consecutive years, and nothing like this has ever happened to me. The soreness is not within the skull. It's post-bone, epidermal even, and can only be felt when I touch it or furrow my brow. This is why I believe it's blood vessel strain/damage. As for muscle soreness...maybe. The shoe would fit on that explanation as well.
    well didn't the weather went siginificantly lower this season in the states compared to the past? Even if you live in cold new york for 23 years, colder temperature is colder and definately affects body differently.
    Dymatize ISO-100 protein: 25g protein, 1 carb, 0 fat, 0 lactose, 0 sugar
    That's all you need.

Personal Dymatize protein review (2011):