Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Kinetic Energy ftw RpplesonFrmiSea's Avatar
    RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was wondering if those of you tuning in might consider looking over this day. Keep in mind i'm 5' 8" 142lbs (8%BF so 130lbs LBM). Personally I looked at this and said "dear god how am I going to eat all this!" XD I love this diet. But it would be nice to have someone look it over and critique the macros and such. As I accidentally cut off the titles for it, the order of the numbers is Calories, Fat, Carbs, Protein. Thanks again! (reps of course!)

EDIT: Oh! And veggies aren't included in this chart, as I eat them with no dressing or such, they have very little impact and contribute maybe 2-3g carbs total.

Mortality isn't an issue if you're indestructible.

RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) RpplesonFrmiSea will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Day 21!

End of week 3! Jeez I can't believe 3 weeks have gone by already. I opted not to do my cheat meal just yet, as I was concerned as to whether I was in ketosis or not. Tested crazy positive last night, so I'm psyched!

My meal today is the fitday diet I posted above, and I think I'm getting the hang of some of the more delicious meals. I love my chicken ^_^.

Gonna hit the back and bi's today at the gym, then get home and make some protein icecream.

Working through the week is making it very easy to avoid overeating and such, since I pre-pack all my meals for the day. I'm messing around with the effect of diet soda and Crystal light on my ketosis state, but so far I don't think either of them effect me for the moderation I use.

Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    keep up the good work..! when are you going to post the before pictures?

Very soon, lol I just have to get them off my camera.

Today went well, I think I may have to pay closer attention to my random grazings. I stuck my diet perfect, but also had a couple glasses of diet soda and some crystal light, which I STILL can't get a solid answer online for. I don't think it affects me as I still have that metallic taste in my mouth. We'll see if it does anything to my weight/keto state in the morning.

Workout was beast! I read over Bigplay_jt's keto log and decided to try his Back and Bi's workout. Felt awesome afterwards; just good to have a solid workout. Tomorrow I think I may get up and do some fasted cardio before work, if I can haul my ass out of bed in time to make my meals and run. There may be something to this "cook in bulk" thing...

2004-2008 Progress Pics! Day 23

OK! So finally I got SOME before pics (2004 and 2006) on my progress pics section. The "before" for this particular diet are on a memory card that I have to find an adapter for, but they'll be up soon as well.

As for diet today:

And workout (Chest and Tri's ^_^ ):

Incline DB Bench: 8x50
    8x50 (no 55s)
    8x60
    Flat DB Bench: 8x60
    8x65
    8x70
    Cable Crossover: 10x60
    10x70
    10x80
    Overhead Cable Extension: 10x90
    10x100
    10x120
    Skullcrushers: 8x65
    8x65
    8x65
    Cable pulldown: 10x80
    10x90
    10x100

I'll also be moving an elliptical machine into the attic of my apartment so I can haul my lazy ass out of bed in the morning and do some fasted cardio.

Day 24

Today is supposed to be a cardio day, but I'm so, so, so sapped of energy, and I have to move an elliptical machine up two flights of stairs in about an hour or so, I'm going to forego it and hope that moving the elliptical is a success so I can do my fasted cardio in the mornings from now on. I'll reduce my caloric intake for the day and up the fat a bit to compensate, tomorrow I'll resume normal numbers.

Erlingpropp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erlingpropp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erlingpropp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erlingpropp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erlingpropp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erlingpropp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you see any results ?
    No pain, No gain.

Originally Posted by Erlingpropp View Post
    Do you see any results ?
    Um...from what? the diet?

Check my sig lol. I'm currently down to 140.4lbs, 8.X%BF

Day 25

Today went well, my job keeps me fairly well distracted, although for some reason I've been feeling increasingly hungry, but not hitting those lethargic spots so much. I increased my fat intake today and lowered the protein a bit.

Workout was nice, shoulders today, with 30 min LISS cardio on the elliptical fasted this morning. I love having that elliptical in the room next to mine; I just bought batteries for it (yes it's that old) so that it can have resistance now. Boom baby.

Tomorrow is my last keto day before my carb up, so I should start planning that out as well. I'll write it up on fitday and post it to have for myself as a guideline.

stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good job nice results! your protein intake is a little high... anything over 1g/per pound of lean mass could prob. be better used from fat calories. any particular reason its that high?

Yeah I noticed that...I've since brought it down, today my count is 148g protein, which is significantly better ^_^ and its definitely going to fat. Question though; I'd really like to post FitDay logs, but my process is tedious: take a screenshot, crop it, post it on photobucket and link it here. Is there an easier way I didn't think of? Would be much appreciated!

stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) stempleman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have never done it lol but that would be the only way i could think of. sorry i cant help there but yeah that looks much better for your protein. im gonna start my keto log going i stopped and went to 40/40/20 to try and bulk the excess carbs were horrible i hated it.. im gonna cut down to 10% and try and bulk with keto... good look ill keep checking back!

Hey thanks for the support! I'll be sure to check in on your log as well!

Just finished my last meal for the day; 4oz steak with 1/2 cup broccoli and 1/2 cup spinach steamed on top, 2 slices bacon and 1 egg. Ooooooh baby that was good.

Also did a good 90 minutes or so of LISS, playing In The Groove haha, damn i'm good at that game...

All that aside, it's all good now, I'll be getting up tomorrow around 10, getting out to the gym to destroy myself with a depletion workout [which I absolutely can't wait for] and get some banana/strawberry/isopure/milk PWO in my belly.

So looking forward to this.

should you be taking fats with your protein pwo?

Nope! It slows the absorption; I'm using fat free milk, isopure, banana and strawberry, all of which are very very low fat, as I intend to keep it for the day. Check it out:

How's THAT for a carb up baby? HELL yeah haha. Ratios are 70% carbs, 22% protein, 8% fat. I'll also probably have some sort of cheat desert with my family but I don't know what it is so I can't document it, but I'll keep it at a minimum with all this other food in store ^_^

lol looks good to me this is my 2nd weekend back im contimplating doing a carb up tomorrow i never follwed any strict carb up or didnt even really do it my first time around on keto this may be why i stalled. i want to keep my workouts intense so maybe its a good idea for me to do it i dont want to carb up mid week. hows the dutch choc. isopure?

2 scoops isopure dutch chocolate + 1 cup ice + blender = better ice cream than I can buy in stores.

hmm i have some cookies n cream right now its alright maybe ill give that stuff a try

To give it a richer texture you can add a few tablespoons of heavy cream, but it defeats the purpose as a PWO shake. I usually just count on using less ice and more whey to give it a fuller flavor and blend it thoroughly. Oh, and I have Cookies and Cream also, and it most definitely tastes amazing ^_^

Day 27

So today was my carbup day. I already posted an idea of what I was eating, but the day went something like this:

10:30: Depletion workout; chest, biceps, triceps, abs. 2 exercises of 3 sets per exercise per muscle group at 75-80% 1RM.
    11:30: shake with banana, 1 cup fat free milk, 1/2 cup ice, 2 scoops isopure dutch chocolate. heaven.

After that it was: 2 cups kashi golean, 16oz chicken breast, 1 cup corn, 1/2 medium potato, 1 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup cranberry, 1 cup 1% milk, 1 cup fat free ice cream with a BEASTLY thick 4" brownie (1 cheat item).

Went comatose for a bit....then:

18 pieces sushi (eel, tuna, yellowtail, all very low fat)
    Finished the day off with 2 cup fat free ice cream and a smaller one of those brownies.

Decently clean: Total macros (estimated)

Calories: 2900-3200
    Carbs: 560g (approximate)
    Fat: <40g
    Protein: 160-175g

Not too shabby for how full I feel. Tomorrow will be good, hitting the weights is gonna be Na-hah-stee. I'm trying to figure out if I should do LISS in the morning or wait one more day to start it. I may just get up and do it.
    In any case, this week was better than the previous carb up in terms of cleanliness and fat consumption. I may do the two weeks again, since I've been so troubled by getting into keto, and need to feel like I've been at it for awhile. Once I hit my current weight again (139.8) and start dropping from there I'll be content.

Additionally, at the 6 week mark I'm going to assess my goals, as I promised my family and friends I would stop this at either 135lbs or 5%BF (the latter is obviously preferred, and at 135 I'd just be a pushover). If I hit either of those by week 6, I'll ramp up carbs for 2 weeks and start a 40/40/20 bulking log [ ] in a different thread

Day 28

Here's my first full month (and perhaps my only full month, considering how quickly the results are coming)

I gained about 6lbs from the carb up, which i'll be sure to tear off tonight at the gym.
    Today is back and bi's

Seated rows 3x12 (max weight on rack)
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (80/90/90)
    DB rows (lying down on incline) 3x8 (35/40/45)
    Reverse grip lat pulldowns 3x8 (80/90/90)

Single Arm Cable Curl 3x10 (45/50/55)
    EZ Bar 3x8 (85/85/95)
    Incline curls 3x8 (35/35/35)
    Standing curls 3x8 (35/40/45)

Cardio: 3 minutes 4mph, 45 seconds 9mph, repeat 8 times. [30 minutes]

EDIT: End of day 28. Did the gym, did the cardio an hour after the PWO shake, feelin pretty good to start. I expect if I keep this up I'll hit ketosis by mid week, which would be sweet. I'm going to up my fat intake, which may off set my caloric intake for a bit, but it's just to get my body used to taking in fat again. It won't matter much since I'm doing 2 weeks between carb ups anyway. Gonna plan out my meals for a bit and hit the hay.
    Last edited by RpplesonFrmiSea; 06-15-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Day 29

2nd day back from the carbup, doing well so far.
    Drinking 2 gallons of water or more.
    Eating <10g carbs until I hit ketosis again.
    LISS everyday in some small form, also interval sprints to kill off some of the carbs.
    Lifts are good, very very good.
    Diet is good; very very good. Trying to leave out diet soda and crystal light until I'm sure I hit keto again, water, meat, eggs, cheese, oils, cut and dry until then.

Today is chest and tri's

Incline DB Flat Bench DB Cable Crossovers
    8x55 8x60 10x60
    8x55 8x60 10x70
    5x60 8x65 10x80

Overhead ext. Skullcrushers Overhead DB raise
    10x80 8x75 8x30
    10x90 8x75 8x35
    10x110 8x85 8x40

Cardio: 20 minutes at 5.5mph

More later when I'm done.

SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiZcO18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxtDD0uRspc

No, but really... love your log.. good progress =)
    Starting Weight 251 pounds..

March 22nd 2009--- 251 Pounds
    April 22nd 2009--- 243 Pounds
    May 22nd 2009--- 238 Pounds
    June 22nd 2009--- 235 Pounds

-------------------------------------------------

It's a NEW YEAR! Lets do This.

1/1/2010 --- 232 Pounds
    1/8/2010 --- 228 Pounds
    1/15/2010 -- 228 Pounds

AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey hey leave the guy alone.. weight doesn't matter as long as he looks good in the mirror and can lift the weight he likes...I'm not a big guy myself and i can damn sure lift very heavy weight for my size... Incline 85 7rep, flat 85 7 rep, shoulder press db 75, two hand tri ext 110...

I'm back on keto diet myself and I'm just wondering do you noticed that your strength is going up like crazy while on the keto diet??? Also is your mouth very dry and have a frigging strong taste in your breath while working out??
    Last edited by AndrewCa; 06-16-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Originally Posted by MagicFnNic View Post
    139 lbs??? WHy the F are you dieting man. Someone cue the holocaust music.
    Hahaha, yeah I did noticed I'm one of the smaller keto dieters here. I won't be on this much longer, I'm stopping once I hit 135lbs or 5%BF. Basically the goal of this was to see how close to a constantly visible six pack I could naturally take my body (always natural), since my genetics suck and have refused me those gorgeous glistening abs that some always have . Regardless, I started at 156 and ~10%BF or so and I've seen some good results in the time I've been at it. I think i'll keep it up for a big longer and then switch to a carb ramp up over 2 weeks and a beautiful, lovely 4000cal 10 week 40/40/20 bulk diet haha.

Oh, and @AndrewCa: My strength has been very good on this diet, my pumps are a bit lacking but that's expected. My mouth is ALWAYS dry and when you hit ketosis you have excess ketones on your breath and in your urine so your breath will have a metallic smell and taste after a bit, perfectly natural. I personally relish it because it means I'm doing everything right.

Glad you're enjoying my log, I'll be sure to continue posting, and I'll be happy to read anyone else's log that has one.

Take Their Flag displacement421's Avatar
    displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) displacement421 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RpplesonFrmiSea View Post
    Nope! It slows the absorption; I'm using fat free milk, isopure, banana and strawberry, all of which are very very low fat, as I intend to keep it for the day. Check it out:

How's THAT for a carb up baby? HELL yeah haha. Ratios are 70% carbs, 22% protein, 8% fat. I'll also probably have some sort of cheat desert with my family but I don't know what it is so I can't document it, but I'll keep it at a minimum with all this other food in store ^_^
    MAN. Just seeing this is making me jealous. haha! ^_^
    http://www.americanfreedomcampaign.org/
    http://www.ronpaul.com/

Day 30

Started the day off right, 3 slices bacon and 3 eggs drizzled with the bacon fat ^_^.

Sitting at work sipping green tea (love that stuff).
    I've been thinking a lot about the practicality of this diet at my weight and BF%, as it seems that even this diet has its limits. My carb up brought me from 139.8lbs to 145.8, Tuesday I was 143.6, today I'm 142.3, so the weight is still coming off. I've been using my carbs properly, however, and lifting ferociously, so some of this weight retention may be muscle, since on my last carb up I foolishly threw all my energy into LISS, not understanding that I'm not TRYING to deplete my store of glycogen, i'm trying to deplete my carbs.

At this weight, let's average it out at 142lbs, 5' 8", and somewhere 7%-8% BF by any test I do, I'm beginning to wonder how much further this diet will take me; the further down I go, the lower my caloric intake has to become, and at a certain point it either isn't healthy, or requires supplements for me to continue on my way, neither of which is a desireable path for me to go down. I may be better designed for bulking.

In any case, I'm not going to rush at the idea, I'm going to get through the food I have left in my fridge (8x 6oz steak medallions, 5x 9oz+ chicken breasts, 36 eggs, lots of cheese, etc. etc.), finish out this week, check my weight and take a look at my goals again. Keto is such an enjoyable experience, constantly challenging you but never really taking any low blows (i.e., hunger, complete weakness, major urges to cheat). At the very least if I call it a day at 6 weeks, I'll have dropped a good amount of fat, and found an awesome diet to come back to after my bulk.

Regardless, this isn't done yet!
    Today is shoulders:

Seated BB Press: 8x95
    8x105
    8x115
    Upright rows: 8x85
    8x95
    8x105
    BB Shrugs: 10x145
    10x155
    10x165

Seated Lateral Raises: Forward: 3x8x20
    Sides: 3x8x20

LISS: 15 Minute sprint intervals: 3 minutes 5.5mph, 45 seconds 9mph, repeat.
    Last edited by RpplesonFrmiSea; 06-17-2009 at 07:10 AM.

ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    hay good progress youve made m8 , the fat has melted away......if your at a cross roads now were you feel you have come far enough then like you say you can allways come back too it at a later date, once again well done
    Last edited by ste247; 06-17-2009 at 08:09 AM.
    i rep back if i forget pm me and i will do it on recharge............

getting massive again :)

show time next year

Originally Posted by ste247 View Post
    hay good progress youve made m8 , the fat has melted away......if your at a cross roads now were you feel you have come far enough then like you say you can allways come back too it at a later date, once again well done
    Hey thanks for the support man! Yeah it is a bit discouraging to see my weight so low but the results so...well...not ripped? I'm definitely crazy lean, but I'm just not certain I have enough muscle mass to support the structure I'm looking to have right now. I'm going to look around a bit, keep up with the diet as strict as ever, and see what I find in the next few days, maybe start building the bulk diet to pass the time ^_^.

I'm not calling it in just yet though

ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RpplesonFrmiSea View Post
    Hey thanks for the support man! Yeah it is a bit discouraging to see my weight so low but the results so...well...not ripped? I'm definitely crazy lean, but I'm just not certain I have enough muscle mass to support the structure I'm looking to have right now. I'm going to look around a bit, keep up with the diet as strict as ever, and see what I find in the next few days, maybe start building the bulk diet to pass the time ^_^.

I'm not calling it in just yet though
    hay if you need any help m8 just drop us a pm and ill try my best to help iam no expert on diets and stuff but ive learned a fair bit over the years.........
    i rep back if i forget pm me and i will do it on recharge............

getting massive again :)

show time next year