QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Flooring for home gym - Flotex?

We are building a new house and will have a small gym w/ rack, barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, some open matt space, elliptical and treadmill (bike & rower (when I get one) will be in garage due to space). My plan had been 3/8" rubber from Inc, either roll or puzzle tile. Our builder said that he typically does Forbo Flotex (can't post a link due to my post count).

I think the rubber would be better but wanted to check here first.

Also, if we do rubber should we do roll or puzzle tiles? Most seem to prefer roll, especially if it's glued down. Tiles would have the advantage of being able to be replaced where they wear out rather than having to do the entire gym.

Recommendations other than Inc for rubber?

Thanks,

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by QDubs View Post
    We are building a new house and will have a small gym w/ rack, barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, some open matt space, elliptical and treadmill (bike & rower (when I get one) will be in garage due to space). My plan had been 3/8" rubber from Inc, either roll or puzzle tile. Our builder said that he typically does Forbo Flotex (can't post a link due to my post count).

I think the rubber would be better but wanted to check here first.

Also, if we do rubber should we do roll or puzzle tiles? Most seem to prefer roll, especially if it's glued down. Tiles would have the advantage of being able to be replaced where they wear out rather than having to do the entire gym.

Recommendations other than Inc for rubber?

Thanks,
    Tiles will compress so not optimal. Link to the product mentioned above: https://www.forbo.com/flooring/en-us.../flotex/cecpcj

Quick glance appears it is fiber based so I would assume rolled rubber flooring is better
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I always see recommendations for stall mats about now.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    I always see recommendations for stall mats about now.
    It sounds like the house is being built and it will be a finished room that is intended to be functional and look nice. In my opinion, rolled flooring will look nicer and less smell so I think it's a better option than stall mats.
    {5'7" and under #1}

QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks all. Yep, new house being built. We're about 3/4 done. Gym is in the walkout basement and is 11x18 w/ 9' ceiling.

Interesting about the tiles compressing. I'd not heard that before.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hard rubber would be best IMO.
    You don't want to have anything that gives when you step on it.
    I use 6x4 horse stall mats for flooring in my garage gym.
    They are durable and provide good footing.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Regupol rolled flooring. You are right at the minimum order from Rogue, so not sure how cost effective it'll be.

https://www.roguefitness.com/regupol-aktiv
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    Regupol rolled flooring. You are right at the minimum order from Rogue, so not sure how cost effective it'll be.
    I was convinced to get regupol rolled rubber flooring instead of stall mats by this forum and must say I am exceptionally glad with my choice. It is quite heavy (a 4ft by 20ft roll is about 160lbs) and hasnt budged since I installed it (I did not glue it down). I price shopped between Christian's Fitness Factory and Rogue and Rogue was the better deal for my needs at the time.

Thanks. Any idea how Regupol compares to Incstores? And is the difference in 10000, 20000 and 35000 series just color?

Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks. Any idea how Regupol compares to Incstores? And is the difference in 10000, 20000 and 35000 series just color?
    No idea about regupol versus incstores. All I know is that multiple people here recommended regupol and nobody recommended incstores. I believe the difference in the series are the color options, percent of color flecks, and the possible thickness (i.e. 3/8ths inch versus 8 mm versus 5/16ths). I got the 3/8ths which is the thicker and more expensive option.

JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use horse stall mats
    Jesus, kang of kangs, accept me into your heart and kangdom.
    Amxn.

Originally Posted by JoshLV View Post
    I use horse stall mats
    Well if it's good enough for the Emperor of Antartica...

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rakshar View Post
    I was convinced to get regupol rolled rubber flooring instead of stall mats by this forum and must say I am exceptionally glad with my choice. It is quite heavy (a 4ft by 20ft roll is about 160lbs) and hasnt budged since I installed it (I did not glue it down). I price shopped between Christian's Fitness Factory and Rogue and Rogue was the better deal for my needs at the time.
    Same here, the forum recommended Regupol, I took out my stall mats and installed rolled rubber, definitely no regrets.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Forbo Flotex may or may not be good for commercial gyms. I don't think it's the right thing for a home gym. Rolled rubber flooring is the way to go if you are building a home, plan on having a home gym for any length of time, and you want it to look professional and upscale. There are a few vendors out here, but most here prefer Regupol. I do.

Some have laid out rolled rubber flooring without glue. Again, if you plan on keeping your home gym for a while, pay for the glue to hold down the flooring and keep the seams from looking like crap. Installers make their money selling you the flooring. If you can, buy the flooring separate and have an installer do the hard work.

If you look at the pics of my home gym, you can see what 3/8" rolled rubber flooring with 20% purple flecks look like. Don't skip flecks or go with 10% flecks. If you do, and you don't clean your floor regularly, the dirt will show. I've had mine for five years and I don't clean the floor. No issues whatsoever.

4'x6' horse stall mats are nice, and there are some more expensive mats that aren't as much of an issues with the seams as the cheaper mats, but they will look like a bunch of rubber mats laid out on the floor. And you'll have to do the installation (meaning cutting) yourself. 3/4" rubber mats are tough to cut.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Thanks all, that confirms my thoughts.

@AttyGuy - Great gym! Thanks for the link and recommendations.

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Forbo Flotex may or may not be good for commercial gyms. I don't think it's the right thing for a home gym. Rolled rubber flooring is the way to go if you are building a home, plan on having a home gym for any length of time, and you want it to look professional and upscale. There are a few vendors out here, but most here prefer Regupol. I do.

Some have laid out rolled rubber flooring without glue. Again, if you plan on keeping your home gym for a while, pay for the glue to hold down the flooring and keep the seams from looking like crap. Installers make their money selling you the flooring. If you can, buy the flooring separate and have an installer do the hard work.

If you look at the pics of my home gym, you can see what 3/8" rolled rubber flooring with 20% purple flecks look like. Don't skip flecks or go with 10% flecks. If you do, and you don't clean your floor regularly, the dirt will show. I've had mine for five years and I don't clean the floor. No issues whatsoever.

4'x6' horse stall mats are nice, and there are some more expensive mats that aren't as much of an issues with the seams as the cheaper mats, but they will look like a bunch of rubber mats laid out on the floor. And you'll have to do the installation (meaning cutting) yourself. 3/4" rubber mats are tough to cut.
    My one regret is going 10%. It does show dirt and it's in a garage that is used by kids, kids bikes and sporting equipment, etc. Certainly doesn't always look clean
    {5'7" and under #1}

Flooring guy has come back with a recommendation for ECore Everlast (sorry, can't post links yet). This would be 8mm instead of 3/8" (or 12mm for the 'Rally' product).

Is anyone familiar with this product? Is there much noticeable difference in the thinner 8mm vs 3/8"

Thanks,

PistolChimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going to have to jump on the horse stall mats bandwagon. Really durable, easy to clean, look great. Only downside is they are a pain in the ass to cut to size or to lug around on your own.

StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) StanleyTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hard rubber is always a sure way to go. A classic. Not too hard, not too soft, and handles impact really well (if you enjoy throwing dumbbells feel free to do it at home)

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Hard rubber would be best IMO.
    You don't want to have anything that gives when you step on it.
    I use 6x4 horse stall mats for flooring in my garage gym.
    They are durable and provide good footing.
    I used the same flooring for my gym. I’d recommend it as well

Thanks All. The bosses (my wife and interior designer) nixed anything solid black (horse stall mats). They want something with flecks. This also gives me a bit of budget grace :-)

ALSO, we and our joints are older (60 & 63) and getting older so this gym and floor will need to serve us through our 70's (and hopefully 80's, 90's...). I think still hard rubber but thought I'd throw this in just in case others experience says something different.

Quite possibly the Evercore that the flooring guy normally uses is just as good as the Regupol Aktiv? Or should I push for the Regupol?

Thanks,

1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Flooring guy has come back with a recommendation for ECore Everlast (sorry, can't post links yet). This would be 8mm instead of 3/8" (or 12mm for the 'Rally' product).

Is anyone familiar with this product? Is there much noticeable difference in the thinner 8mm vs 3/8"

Thanks,
    I have not used or compared Ecore myself, but it does look like commercial grade rolls - which is what I would also recommend for this application for the same reasons others have mentioned.

It does look like the Everlast line has multiple thickness options. I would go with at least a 3/8” material. 1/2”+ if you are planning on Olympic lifts or others that involve dropping weight. Will be much better for rebound, noise, floor protection, etc.

I don’t think you can go wrong with Regupol or Ecore.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #73 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #78 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #20 ||---||

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks All. The bosses (my wife and interior designer) nixed anything solid black (horse stall mats). They want something with flecks. This also gives me a bit of budget grace :-)

ALSO, we and our joints are older (60 & 63) and getting older so this gym and floor will need to serve us through our 70's (and hopefully 80's, 90's...). I think still hard rubber but thought I'd throw this in just in case others experience says something different.

Quite possibly the Evercore that the flooring guy normally uses is just as good as the Regupol Aktiv? Or should I push for the Regupol?

Thanks,
    Assuming the Evercore consists of a rubber/EPDM compound, it's probably comparable to Regupol, but I would recommend using flooring with a thickness of at least 3/8" 10mm).

It may not be the cheapest, but I've never regretted using Regupol.