Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JJCompton83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question PowerBlock or Ironmaster adjustable dumbells

Which one should I purchase?

Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's a whole separate subforum for this, but if you want my opinion they both are ****ty and way too light to be useful in the long run.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Both are gargage. Go to

www.newyorkbarbells.com and get the adjustable olympic dumbell handles. You can fit about 160lbs on those. OR check out your local play it again sports if you have one nearby
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JJCompton83 View Post
    Neither. Regular adjustable olympic dumbells will do.

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Canadian Iron View Post
    they both are ****ty and way too light to be useful in the long run.
    Originally Posted by RU4A69 View Post
    Both are gargage
    Both of you are dead wrong.

I have a set of ironmaster DBs. The handles are threaded aluminum, the plates are made of cast-iron that "fits" together on each side, and when you tighten the handles, they become, essentially, metal bricks.

The set I have goes up to 165 lbs, and, despite having 1" plywood + 3/4" heavy commercial gym-grade rubber flooring in my garage, I am petrified to drop the damn things.

Not because I'm afraid the DB's will break, but because I'm afraid my garage floor will get cracked.

The "normal" adjustable DBs suck. IronMaster adjustable DBs most definitely do NOT suck.

They are costly, however, when compared with cheap adjustable plastic DBs like the Power Block things.

I've seen people play with the large Olympic handles, but I don't trust the collars not to slide off.

Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kethnaab View Post

I have a set of ironmaster DBs. The handles are threaded aluminum, the plates are made of cast-iron that "fits" together on each side, and when you tighten the handles, they become, essentially, metal bricks.

The set I have goes up to 165 lbs, and, despite having 1" plywood + 3/4" heavy commercial gym-grade rubber flooring in my garage, I am petrified to drop the damn things.

Not because I'm afraid the DB's will break, but because I'm afraid my garage floor will get cracked.

The "normal" adjustable DBs suck. IronMaster adjustable DBs most definitely do NOT suck.

They are costly, however, when compared with cheap adjustable plastic DBs like the Power Block things.

I've seen people play with the large Olympic handles, but I don't trust the collars not to slide off.
    My bad I googled them and they looked just like powerblocks to me.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Hmm. I must have been confused on the two afore mentioned products. Got any pics of the ironmaster dbs Keth?

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    in fact...I'll be using them tonight for push day.

I'll load them up, take a pic, and post it up.

and yeah, it's real easy to assume they are the ****ty powerblock types. they aren't. they're pretty frickin' outstanding, actually.

basically, take the commercial DB's in a gym with the rounded metal plates, and make the plates square instead of round.

that's the Ironmaster DB's, and they come with a big ole' rectangular block that is used to hold the DBs. I also use it as a place to stack plates, I put my feet up on it to do inverted bodyweight rows, and for awhile, I was experimenting with it to do barbell side presses, using the rack as the barbell holder.

The "Standard set" comes with 1 set of handles and 75 lbs.

The "Upgrade set" comes with a 2nd (larger) set of handles and 125 lbs.

The "Kethnaab set" comes with a 3rd set of handles which are almost 2 feet long, and it comes with 165 lbs. You won't find them on the webpage. You gotta talk to the dude and ask them to make that set special.

Talking

in fact...I'll be using them tonight for push day.

I'll load them up, take a pic, and post it up.

and yeah, it's real easy to assume they are the ****ty powerblock types. they aren't. they're pretty frickin' outstanding, actually.

basically, take the commercial DB's in a gym with the rounded metal plates, and make the plates square instead of round.

that's the Ironmaster DB's, and they come with a big ole' rectangular block that is used to hold the DBs. I also use it as a place to stack plates, I put my feet up on it to do inverted bodyweight rows, and for awhile, I was experimenting with it to do barbell side presses, using the rack as the barbell holder.

The "Standard set" comes with 1 set of handles and 75 lbs.

The "Upgrade set" comes with a 2nd (larger) set of handles and 125 lbs.

The "Kethnaab set" comes with a 3rd set of handles which are almost 2 feet long, and it comes with 165 lbs. You won't find them on the webpage. You gotta talk to the dude and ask them to make that set special.

The "kethnaab set" Ha, ha. Priceless!

massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10)

x2
    @ kethnaab set
    Lactose Intolerance

here's a pic of them before I got the Kethnaab set.

gonna go hit the garage and then I have soccer practice w/daughter tonight, so won't have time to dig out the camera for the 165s.
    Attached Images

hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've got a set of Powerblocks, I like them so far. I've dropped them a few times, and they are still in just as good shape as they were. I don't typically drop dumbells ever so I'm not worried about them falling apart if/when I drop them.

Those Ironmaster DBs look really nice.
    Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. - Conan

Originally Posted by MAMMUT View Post
    Those Ironmaster DBs look really nice.
    yup, they are.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    power blocks are solid steel m8 and the pro set that i have have steel/alu handles.

i love my power blocks, i have the 130 and adjustables that go up to 220. i've got a 2000$ custom rack a 1000$ custom bench and about 750lbs of olympic rubber plates and the power blocks are the best thing ive ever bought. had them for 3 years and they are as good as new.

i thought the iron masters were ok but i prefered the power blocks. if i was just gonna get one with out the extra adjustables though i'd probably go for the ironmasters just for the extra weight.

BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Powerblock Elite set trumps the ironmasters in everyway but price.

BTW, the Powerblocks aren't plastic either. They do come with HD rexan 5lb. handles(And Rexan is heavy duty reinforced nylon which is actually stronger pound for pound than traditional iron or steel)or the 10lb Aluminum/steel handle as well. Anyone though who owns the Powerblocks know they are built to take a serious beating.

And btw Powerblock is coming out with another 40lb. big block add on kit that will take them up to 170lbs.

danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ironmaster too lite?

>>Canadian Iron There's a whole separate subforum for this, but if you >>want my opinion they both are ****ty and way too light to be useful in the >>long run.

Umm.. How can one say this when they go up to 120 pounds. And once u put them together, they are as solid as the most sold dumbbell in the gym.

I not saying they are the best cause i got them.. Cause i never used another adjustable dumbbell. But saying they are ****ty and too lite is wrong.

Maybe u should know your facts before u give info that u know nothing about.

--danny

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BDI6942 View Post

BTW, the Powerblocks aren't plastic either. They do come with HD rexan 5lb. handles(And Rexan is heavy duty reinforced nylon which is actually stronger pound for pound than traditional iron or steel)or the 10lb Aluminum/steel handle as well. Anyone though who owns the Powerblocks know they are built to take a serious beating.

And btw Powerblock is coming out with another 40lb. big block add on kit that will take them up to 170lbs.
    where did you get this info from? i emailed powerblock.com and they knew nothing about this. there CS might be crap though
    Last edited by tetsuo; 12-01-2006 at 07:09 AM.

BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by tetsuo View Post
    where did you get this info from? i emailed powerblock.com and they knew nothing about this. there CS might be crap though
    It was directly from one of their reps about a month back. Its supposed to be tight lipped, but in late Spring/early summer they are supposed to release another 40lb. big block add on kit and new larger platform on their current stand to accomodate them.

The powerblock elite set goes to 120, and costs more than the Ironmaster cost me to go to 165 (170, since I ordered extra 2.5 add-on plates for a few extra bones.)

The IronMasters are just like the commercial gym DBs, except they are square (Which the PowerBlocks are also). How do you get better than commercial gym DBs? I could understand if you said they were "as good", although I would disagree entirely. But in what way are they better?

I did a head-to-head comparison, something I bet not too many people have done. I used both for a full workout before making my purchase (with my own $$$). I'm one of those guys that tries on jeans before I buy them, even if I'm in a hurry. IronMaster doesn't have any authorized resellers, so unless you live in the area, you don't get to use them. I took a nice long trip up I-5 to the IronMasters place so I could do an honest head-to-head comparison.

I used the PowerBlocks first, and I liked them. Then I used the IronMasters, and decided that I DIDN'T like the PowerBlocks (only by comparison).

120s are too light for me for chest, back, and traps. I can't do overhead DB's with 120 (yet!), but 120-lb DBs significantly limits what I can do for chest, back and traps, so the PowerBlocks certainly can't fill the "heavy weight" niche market just yet.

At heavier weights, the pin adjustments on the PowerBlock felt "wobbly" to me, whereas the IronMasters, like I said, felt like commercial DBs. You can't really "crank them down" on the PowerBlock, whereas the IronMasters have the threaded handles that allow you to CRANK down, so that they become straight up bricks (to the point where they are MUDDAFUGGAS to get off if you crank them down).

I also found the PowerBlock handle annoying for doing anything that involved wrist movement. They were fine for presses, but I had to be careful with my wrist positioning (I have large forearms and wrists), so the powerblocks were difficult for me at times.

If you have normal size wrists and forearms, however, that probably wouldn't be an issue. I'm somewhat oafish.

Perhaps I will make my statements above with a caveat....if you like to use heavy DBs, the PowerBlocks presently are not useful at all. Once they go up to 170, then perhaps they will be useful, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable with them over my head because the pin-catch feels..."wobbly" by comparison. You can't crank it down and make it tight like you can with the IronMaster.

If you like to stay lighter, or if you have smaller hands, then the PowerBlocks might be better. If you never use the IronMasters, then you will definitely like the PowerBlocks.

Once you have used both of them, you can make the statement that "one trumps the other". If you haven't, then honestly, you're talking out your ass. Nothing wrong with liking the PowerBlocks, because I liked them too, but you can't make a comparison statement until you've actually compared them both.
    Last edited by kethnaab; 12-01-2006 at 08:33 AM.

The powerblock elite set goes to 120, and costs more than the Ironmaster cost me to go to 165 (170, since I ordered extra 2.5 add-on plates for a few extra bones.)

The IronMasters are just like the commercial gym DBs, except they are square (Which the PowerBlocks are also). How do you get better than commercial gym DBs? I could understand if you said they were "as good", although I would disagree entirely. But in what way are they better?

I did a head-to-head comparison, something I bet not too many people have done. I used both for a full workout before making my purchase (with my own $$$). I'm one of those guys that tries on jeans before I buy them, even if I'm in a hurry. IronMaster doesn't have any authorized resellers, so unless you live in the area, you don't get to use them. I took a nice long trip up I-5 to the IronMasters place so I could do an honest head-to-head comparison.

I used the PowerBlocks first, and I liked them. Then I used the IronMasters, and decided that I DIDN'T like the PowerBlocks (only by comparison).

120s are too light for me for chest, back, and traps. I can't do overhead DB's with 120 (yet!), but 120-lb DBs significantly limits what I can do for chest, back and traps, so the PowerBlocks certainly can't fill the "heavy weight" niche market just yet.

At heavier weights, the pin adjustments felt "wobbly" to me. You can't really "crank them down", whereas the IronMasters have the threaded handles that allow you to CRANK down, so that they become straight up bricks (to the point where they are MUDDAFUGGAS to get off if you crank them down).

I also found the PowerBlock handle annoying for doing anything that involved wrist movement. They were fine for presses, but I had to be careful with my wrist positioning (I have large forearms and wrists), so the powerblocks were difficult for me at times.

If you have normal size wrists and forearms, however, that probably wouldn't be an issue. I'm somewhat oafish.

Perhaps I will make my statements above with a caveat....if you like to use heavy DBs, the PowerBlocks presently are not useful at all. Once they go up to 170, then perhaps they will be useful, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable with them over my head because the pin-catch feels..."wobbly" by comparison. You can't crank it down and make it tight like you can with the IronMaster.

If you like to stay lighter, or if you have smaller hands, then the PowerBlocks might be better. If you never use the IronMasters, then you will definitely like the PowerBlocks.

Once you have used both of them, you can make the statement that "one trumps the other". If you haven't, then honestly, you're talking out your ass. Nothing wrong with liking the PowerBlocks, because I liked them too, but you can't make a comparison statement until you've actually compared them both.
    First off, the Elite set goes to 130lbs. not 120lbs. And this will be 170lbs in late Spring.

2nd off, Powerblocks are every way considered to be quality commercial grade products. Their big strong point is fast weight changeout, basically they can be changed out just as fast as a set of traditional dumbells.

3rd. I suspect you never really even have used the powerblocks, wanna know why? Becuase at "heavier" weights over 90lbs., the Powerblocks actually use both the traditional selectorized magnetized pin, and a secondary spring lock clamp(not pin)to lock the big block kit in place and that doesnt wobble at all. And when you position the blocks upsidedown as you do in most pressing excercises anyway, the plates own weight locks them down on the handle, again the plates dont jiggle or move or anything like you try to describe, people who own powerblocks know exactly what I mean, they feel just as solid as a traditional dumbell.

4th. One workout(if you even did that) tells you NOTHING. I had a set of Ironmasters in my possesion for quite a few weeks doing dozens of dumbell excercises to find pros/cons, not a single workout.

5th. Wanna know why I think Ironmasters bring nothing to the table?

Becuase their is already a much better alternative to them, in which you can go even heavier than ironmasters or powerblocks. Its called the olympic shortbar. Here is my statement from another thread I just posted on:

Hate to say it, but if your rehabbing forearms, barbells are a better bet anyway. Dumbells are actually IMO useless for forarm work. A large 7 ft. barbell does more for forarms than any dumbell ever will due to the weight being shifted far to the outside which in turn works your forarms much harder and increases grip strength dramatically.

As for me hyping powerblocks, lets face it, Ironmasters will eventually become a big PIA for you as you constantly lock/unlock, load/unload plates for 4 sides. Its the biggest detractor of them. You may not admit it here, but eventually you will be grumbling that to yourself. Alot of people do.

Thats why Im not a fan of them. In fact there already is a much better alternative to Ironmasters for people. Wanna know what it is? I actually have a set(but rarely use em anymore)I've had for awhile.

Its called a set of olympic "barbell" shorthandle bars, I posted a pic of them below. I'm sure you know what Im talking about. They are the cheapest alternative of them all. They are actually better than ironmasters, and they only cost $50 a pair. $90 for a pair with CAP olympic bar quick locks. I can load 2-350lbs on em, and I can change em just as quick(or actually as slow as)as the ironmasters. And you can use your current olympic plates that you have.

Want the ultimate dumbell setup? Powerblocks and olympic shorthandle combination rules. Best of both worlds. Should have kept your powerblocks and picked up a set of shorthandles to compliment them.

So for $90 bucks I have a much better adjustable set than the ironmasters, AND have a slick set of Powerblock Elites for the ultimate space saving dumbell combo you can get.

Thinking about wasting $400 plus on Ironmasters? Dont have the money for Powerblocks? Grab a set of shortbars. There is nothing the ironmasters have over them. Not in cost, amout of potential weightplates you can load up, durability etc.
    Attached Images

danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

People have different Goals

I think instead of one person saying powerblocks, another saying ironmaster and another saying shortbars are the best...etc etc

Its best for the person to search the foruem and look at reviews on the net, and if possible try the different ones..

I think what is important is different for each user. Some might be impressed with a quick change. Some might be more impressed with compact space. Some might want it to be just as solid as the dumbells they are use to working out with at the gym.. etc etc

Thats what i did. I looked all the reviews and decided on ironmaster, cause i was impressed they came with there own stand and how solid they was suppose to be.. And guess what, the reviews was right and I got what i wanted.

But instead of one yelling Ford, and the other yelling Chevy, i suggest each person looking to buy dumbells, read the many many reviews, and get what is best for them..

--danny

First off, the Elite set goes to 130lbs. not 120lbs. And this will be 170lbs in late Spring.
    oh lord, 10 lb difference.

Originally Posted by BDI6942
    Their big strong point is fast weight changeout, basically they can be changed out just as fast as a set of traditional dumbells.
    almost as fast, but that was the only thing that I found advantageous about them.

3rd. I suspect you never really even have used the powerblocks, wanna know why?
    Because you are a Powerblock fanboy? Because you work for them? Dunno, you tell me.

I used the PowerBlocks at the reseller that is near the Tacoma Mall off 38th street in Tacoma Washington.

the plates dont jiggle or move or anything like you try to describe,
    perhaps the store should be smacked around for having a display set that is wobbly.

Interesting that the guy in the other thread also found the PowerBlocks to be wobbly by comparison.

So now, the question is, have YOU actually used the IronMasters? Didn't think so.

One workout(if you even did that) tells you NOTHING.
    *LAUGHS* it told me that

1) They were wobbly
    2) They weren't heavy enough
    3) The handles and the "crossbars" that you have to put your hands through are too small for me

That's all I needed to know. Now, you have very few posts here, and a rather significant portion of them are dedicated to 2 things

1) Busting on IronMaster DBs (the significant competition for PowerBlocks)
    2) Pimping and hyping PowerBlocks

My question now is, how long have you been working for PowerBlock?

People have different Goals

I think instead of one person saying powerblocks, another saying ironmaster and another saying shortbars are the best...etc etc

Its best for the person to search the foruem and look at reviews on the net, and if possible try the different ones..

I think what is important is different for each user. Some might be impressed with a quick change. Some might be more impressed with compact space. Some might want it to be just as solid as the dumbells they are use to working out with at the gym.. etc etc

Thats what i did. I looked all the reviews and decided on ironmaster, cause i was impressed they came with there own stand and how solid they was suppose to be.. And guess what, the reviews was right and I got what i wanted.

But instead of one yelling Ford, and the other yelling Chevy, i suggest each person looking to buy dumbells, read the many many reviews, and get what is best for them..

--danny

mboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So for $90 bucks I have a much better adjustable set than the ironmasters, AND have a slick set of Powerblock Elites for the ultimate space saving dumbell combo you can get.

Thinking about wasting $400 plus on Ironmasters? Dont have the money for Powerblocks? Grab a set of shortbars. There is nothing the ironmasters have over them. Not in cost, amout of potential weightplates you can load up, durability etc.
    I had those too and absolutely hated using them. Using them is what led me to buy the Powerblocks and now the iron Masters.

Big Shiny Bastard vikingsrule92's Avatar
    vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

You say that powerblock is coming out with 170lb set SO is ironmaster in fact they already have it if you call them(although it might only be 160). they are rumored to comeout with a 200LB set in a few months so the ironmaster are definitely NOT TOO LIGHT.
    Last edited by vikingsrule92; 12-01-2006 at 03:42 PM.

Originally Posted by vikingsrule92 View Post
    You say that powerblock is coming out with 170lb set SO is ironmaster in fact they already have it if you call them(although it might only be 160). they are rumored to comeout with a 200LB set in a few months so the ironmaster are definitely NOT TOO LIGHT.
    IronMaster already has a set that goes up to 165, and you can purchase extra 5-lb and 2.5-lb plates for a few bucks.

I know because that's what I have.

Originally Posted by me, from a post about 3 scrollbars up

Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your not doin pyramids then I'd go with Ironmaster. I love my pair. IMO it lives up to the hype.
    EliteFTS Power Rack
    Ironmaster Bench
    Ironmaster Dumbbells
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=340739&d=1160948041

"Years ago we hardly had anything to eat. Now I earn more money and I see every opponent as a man that tries to put me back to that poorer period. That man has to be eliminated."

-Fedor Emelianenko

Muscles by D.O.T. Brother Steel's Avatar
    Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    here's a pic of them before I got the Kethnaab set.
    Hi Kenthnaab,

I really liked your picture it’s a much better than the picture they show in the Ironmaster brochure.

While I have no experience with their equipment from their brochure they seem to make very innovative equipment. I like the brochure because it shows their equipment being put through a workout. I think a person could be very happy owning one piece or the total package they offer. It looks like they offer some good package deals to me. Do you own any other pieces of their equipment? If so please tell us about them.

Thank you,
    Brother Steel

P.S.
    Have you seen their new dumbbell spotting stand? It looks like a winner to me.

B.T.W.
    I don’t think it is really important what you lift just so long as you like what you lift.
    I have fixed weights, standard weights, Olympic weights, Platemates and PowerBlocks. I use them all.
    I think anything that motivates someone to lift and improves a person’s health is great.

If you lift we are all brothers in Iron and Steel and I am always proud to spot for a brother anytime anywhere, regardless of what you use.

My motto: Lift to Live and Live to Lift!

Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bluerain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JJCompton83 View Post

I been researching both the Ironmaster and Powerblocks for over a year now and been to just about every bodybuilding board there is.

I couldn't make up my mind but recently decided on the Ironmasters as it seems more people use them over the PB's. This was based on people who tried both not just one or the other.

Both have advantages over the other but the Ironmaster's won by a edge.

So hopefully I'll get these for myself as a Christmas present .

Blue