Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Organic Reese's PB Cups

Apparently, Hershey's going to start rolling out organic Reese's PB cups. Later down the line, they plan to release other organic versions of their candies & may even do "plant-based" options:https://www.foodandwine.com/news/org...vegan-hersheys.

I'll try them because I love organic pb & reese's cups are my favorite candy, but there seems to be this "organic" and "healthy" trend now that's purely there for marketing purposes. Not only that, but Justin's already makes great organic pb cups. If I wanted organic, I'd go with them. I don't turn towards fuking Reese's when I want something "healthy", which is a pointless distinction anyway and the macros are the same as their regular pb cups. It all just kinda rubs me the wrong way. Does anyone else hope this "clean eating" trend in candy and fast food goes away? Are people really fooled into thinking a "plant-based" Whopper is "healthier" than a regular one?

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I enjoy a Reese’s every now and again.

This brand is what I’ve been trying lately and I like it so far.

https://smartsweets.com/

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Apparently, Hershey's going to start rolling out organic Reese's PB cups. Later down the line, they plan to release other organic versions of their candies & may even do "plant-based" options:https://www.foodandwine.com/news/org...vegan-hersheys.

I'll try them because I love organic pb & reese's cups are my favorite candy, but there seems to be this "organic" and "healthy" trend now that's purely there for marketing purposes. Not only that, but Justin's already makes great organic pb cups. If I wanted organic, I'd go with them. I don't turn towards fuking Reese's when I want something "healthy", which is a pointless distinction anyway and the macros are the same as their regular pb cups. It all just kinda rubs me the wrong way. Does anyone else hope this "clean eating" trend in candy and fast food goes away? Are people really fooled into thinking a "plant-based" Whopper is "healthier" than a regular one?
    I think it appeals to a certain demographic... whether that be vegans/plant-based people, or simps who just like seeing 'organic' and think that - because the hydrogenated oil they're consuming wasn't derived from ingredients that were purposefully exposed to man-made pesticides - it actually makes a difference.

Personally, like you said, if I wanted something presumably less mass-produced or processed, i'd just buy the Justin's brand or any of the other options now available.

But let's be honest... it's a freakin PB Cup... what % of your daily diet would have to be comprised of candy/sweets to ACTUALLY get a health benefits from swapping 200 calories of conventional ingredients for the organic variety? I mean... come on... it's just silly.

Much like calling things 'superfoods', the word 'organic', 'healthy', 'clean', 'diet'/'light', 'guilt-free', 'wholesome'... have basically because buzz words with no real substance behind them 99% of the time.

I saw a graphic once that Layne shared on his IG breaking down the chemicals present in a banana, and it reminded me how clueless most people are to what actually happens when our bodies breakdown food. At a chemical level, we're dealing with the tiniest of tiny variations in nutrient quality, such that you'd never even notice a difference.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hate when they mess with classics. I eat “junk food” because i like the flavor/nostalgia of being a kid. Some of the worst “healthy” versions was the Lays baked stuff or “white cheddar” versions. If my fingers aren’t neon orange afterwards then GTFO.

Yeah for PB cups I like the Justins or the Trader Joes minis(but i can’t stop eating the whole bag). I like the nostalgia of traditional Reeses PB cups but rarely eat them cause too sweet/artificial for my taste buds.

Yes sadly “organic” is just a marketing term now for the big companies.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree that it's silly but it's not going anywhere. Demand for organic is only going up and is becoming a paradigm shift. Plus, the candy industry has been struggling for well over a decade. People are eating and drinking less sugar, so they have to come up with new stuff to stay relevant. Having an organic version will help get them into whole foods and other "natural" food stores. Shelf space is really their only play.

The next trend in sweets that we are already seeing will be higher protein and substitutions of the traditional ingredients for healthier versions (or what are perceived to be) such as almond flour or coconut oil. However a 300 calorie donut or cookie still fatten your arse up just as fast, even if it has a better nutrition profile.

I have this argument with my wife all the time. If we make some banana bread or cookies she tells me to use honey because it's less fattening. ***sigh***

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The organic one will be smaller and cost you more, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    The organic one will be smaller and cost you more, otherwise they wouldn't do it.
    It will also be grass-fed peanuts and free-range chocolate.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank me later op

Hershey's is wax garbage chocolate

Get traders joes instead ^^
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    I enjoy a Reese’s every now and again.

This brand is what I’ve been trying lately and I like it so far.

https://smartsweets.com/
    I don't have any problem with things like SmartSweets or protein alternatives. I actually prefer things like protein bars to candy or cookies most of the time.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    let's be honest... it's a freakin PB Cup... what % of your daily diet would have to be comprised of candy/sweets to ACTUALLY get a health benefits from swapping 200 calories of conventional ingredients for the organic variety? I mean... come on... it's just silly.

Much like calling things 'superfoods', the word 'organic', 'healthy', 'clean', 'diet'/'light', 'guilt-free', 'wholesome'... have basically because buzz words with no real substance behind them 99% of the time.

I saw a graphic once that Layne shared on his IG breaking down the chemicals present in a banana, and it reminded me how clueless most people are to what actually happens when our bodies breakdown food. At a chemical level, we're dealing with the tiniest of tiny variations in nutrient quality, such that you'd never even notice a difference.
    That's the thing! People feel righteous because they're eating "organic" pb cups with essentially the same damn macros and a few different micros of 200 fuking calories. Nutrition or "health" should be the primary consideration for the rest of your diet, not your damn Reese's cups.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I hate when they mess with classics. I eat “junk food” because i like the flavor/nostalgia of being a kid. Some of the worst “healthy” versions was the Lays baked stuff or “white cheddar” versions. If my fingers aren’t neon orange afterwards then GTFO.

Yeah for PB cups I like the Justins or the Trader Joes minis(but i can’t stop eating the whole bag). I like the nostalgia of traditional Reeses PB cups but rarely eat them cause too sweet/artificial for my taste buds.

Yes sadly “organic” is just a marketing term now for the big companies.
    I completely agree. It's all marketing bullchit. I much prefer organic PB cups and really only eat Reese's every once in a blue moon for nostalgia. They're overly sweet for me. This is still all the more reason not to try the new organic version though. I already have Justin's or TJ's version. If I wanted Reese's I'd buy some damn Reese's.

Originally Posted by broganoff View Post
    I agree that it's silly but it's not going anywhere. Demand for organic is only going up and is becoming a paradigm shift. Plus, the candy industry has been struggling for well over a decade. People are eating and drinking less sugar, so they have to come up with new stuff to stay relevant. Having an organic version will help get them into whole foods and other "natural" food stores. Shelf space is really their only play.

The next trend in sweets that we are already seeing will be higher protein and substitutions of the traditional ingredients for healthier versions (or what are perceived to be) such as almond flour or coconut oil. However a 300 calorie donut or cookie still fatten your arse up just as fast, even if it has a better nutrition profile.

I have this argument with my wife all the time. If we make some banana bread or cookies she tells me to use honey because it's less fattening. ***sigh***
    Yup. People needa just let dessert be dessert and candy be candy unless it's a protein bar or some sort of supplement that serves another purpose entirely.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    No doubt.
    It will also be grass-fed peanuts and free-range chocolate.
    LOL plus it'll be non-GMO, gluten free, salted with Himalayan rock salt, & be stamped with a "fresh" logo.
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Thank me later op

Hershey's is wax garbage chocolate

Get traders joes instead ^^
    Aware! HNNNNNG! I've destroyed half the bag in one sitting on many occasions. TJ's honestly has the best chocolate out of anybody.
    Last edited by Strawng; 02-25-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Yup. People needa just let dessert be dessert and candy be candy unless it's a protein bar or some sort of supplement that serves another purpose entirely.

No doubt.

LOL plus it'll be non-GMO, gluten free, salted with Himalayan rock salt, & be stamped with a "fresh" logo.

Aware! HNNNNNG! I've destroyed half the bag in one sitting on many occasions. TJ's honestly has the best chocolate out of anybody.
    Have you tried the Amped up chocolate almonds? I haven’t tried them yet for some reason which is strange.

Have you tried the Amped up chocolate almonds? I haven’t tried them yet for some reason which is strange.
    Yes, & I fuking LOVE them. Be forewarned though, they have an extremely "gritty" texture that's a bit chalky & less sweet like most chocolate protein things. I happen to love chocolate in protein bars more than candy bars though, so they're perfect for me.

Yes, & I fuking LOVE them. Be forewarned though, they have an extremely "gritty" texture that's a bit chalky & less sweet like most chocolate protein things. I happen to love chocolate in protein bars more than candy bars though, so they're perfect for me.

I don’t mind chalky. I used to love those cocoa dusted almonds(cant remember the brand), and TJs used to have some sea salt and something else chocolate almonds that were kind of gritty but delicious. Yeah i prefer less sweet. Like I may be one of the few Americans that actually enjoys desserts in Germany(travel there for work pre covid).

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Everything in the world is ORGANIC.

Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    Everything in the world is ORGANIC.
    Not really. Theres like 117 things that aren’t

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not really. Theres like 117 things that aren’t
    Umm.. everything is from this world..there is nothing that is not

Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    Umm.. everything is from this world..there is nothing that is not
    Pass the pipe bro