Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    go buy the tds rack, find a cheap bar and weights and just be done with it.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    ^^^^ This.

Originally Posted by Alan21 View Post
    Hey guys. I have been looking at different reviews and trying to make an educated decision on what I need for a good home gym. I would love a power rack but most of them are expensive and out of the question right now.
    In spite of what OP originally said, it seems like he came here looking for confirmation of a decision to spend the absolute least amount regardless of quality or ability to meet his needs, present and future. We ended up wasting our time thinking he was legit in looking to learn and make a good choice.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RestoringTally View Post
    ^^^^ This.

In spite of what OP originally said, it seems like he came here looking for confirmation of a decision to spend the absolute least amount regardless of quality or ability to meet his needs, present and future. We ended up wasting our time thinking he was legit in looking to learn and make a good choice.
    So are you saying the TDS is a bad beginner rack? Or is it because I don't have the funds to go drop 800 dollars on a commercial set up? This forum is always good for helping people out but it seems to me that the equipment section is only for those who can drop large amounts on commercial equipment. I have asked about different set ups and the answers always seem to be the same. If I came on and wanted to build my own power rack I'm sure the answer would be save your money buy a rogue r3. I have considered the options so far and will keep searching but at this point and time my research has pointed me towards the TDS due to reviews and ratings. It has a 1000lbs rating which the titan t2 does not. The two racks are priced very closely but the TDS is still cheaper. I can have it shipped to my house which means I won't have to try to find a truck or rent a truck to go pick a used one up so I'm saving money there as well. Is this the best option for most no but it is a good option for my and my needs. Would I love to have a rogue in my home gym, sure but it's not in the budget and I have a family I support so I have to make both the home life/budget work with my health/hobbies budget.

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plattsburgh Ny. My budget is open but I was hoping to stay under 500 for the rack. The cheaper the better but I also dont want something that is not going to hold up.
    Budget is not open. I am open to suggestions of course or this would be a mute point. I would like to spend 500 on the rack. I have done tons of research on the few mfg that sell new and some on the budget racks as well. For a bench I would think 100-150 should get me a decent new bench or even a great used one. I would prefer it to be adjustable to do incline bench presses but not needed. A bar I was thinking between 150-200 and weights I wasn't thinking much about because I would most likely always buying. I am currently looking around at yard sales for free weight plates to buy and store to build a decent collection.
    (emphasis added)

So are you saying the TDS is a bad beginner rack? Or is it because I don't have the funds to go drop 800 dollars on a commercial set up? This forum is always good for helping people out but it seems to me that the equipment section is only for those who can drop large amounts on commercial equipment. I have asked about different set ups and the answers always seem to be the same. If I came on and wanted to build my own power rack I'm sure the answer would be save your money buy a rogue r3. I have considered the options so far and will keep searching but at this point and time my research has pointed me towards the TDS due to reviews and ratings. It has a 1000lbs rating which the titan t2 does not. The two racks are priced very closely but the TDS is still cheaper. I can have it shipped to my house which means I won't have to try to find a truck or rent a truck to go pick a used one up so I'm saving money there as well. Is this the best option for most no but it is a good option for my and my needs. Would I love to have a rogue in my home gym, sure but it's not in the budget and I have a family I support so I have to make both the home life/budget work with my health/hobbies budget.
    OK. You want to spend $500 for a rack, up to 150 for a bench, and up to 200 for a bar. That is $850 for what you identified that you are willing to spend.

That Atlantis deal has all that for $750. You are coming out ahead and getting very good quality for the money. But then you already have all the answers and only are here for . . . what, exactly?
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Apparently to waste your ntime even though you are not reading. I would like to spend up to 500 dollars on a rack. In the end roughly 800 for a set up but I don't have the full 800 up front. It would take me a good 3-4 months to save up for that alantias set up so that is not an option at this time. Chances of it being around at that time is slim to none. This is another reason I was looking at other options such as the New York barbell site.

lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ok here's some things to think about when your talking about buying a new budget rack vs something you can find on craigslist. what is the construction of your desired rack is it 2x2 2x3 3x3? What gauge or thickness is the metal in the uprights? is it freestanding or does it need bolted down? does it have weight storage or an easy way to get it or make it? I did this last summer when I was shopping for a very budget friendly rack.

The tds rack and the titan t2 are of similar 2x2 lighter gauge 12 or 14 gauge construction and freestanding although you will want to add weight to them to keep them stationary for reracking squats. The t3 which you mentioned is better bolted to a platform or a floor however it has built in weight storage and a heavier gauge 11ga 2x3 construction. It costs more but will probably serve you longer if you stay with the hobby and progress to heavier weights.

Those 1000 static hold numbers are all bs you could probably build a wood rack out of 2x4s that could hold 1000 pounds for a few minutes long enough to prove it could. I would be more concerned and buy a larger tubing heavier gauge rack because if I bail out under something heavy I don't want the rack to fold and come down on top of me. Not likely but something to keep in mind because eventually everyone has a bad day and fails a rep.

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Alan. You are doing the right thing to buy a rack, bench, and 300lb weight set. I support your decision to go this route, the details as to which equipment you buy is up to you.
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Apparently to waste your ntime even though you are not reading. I would like to spend up to 500 dollars on a rack. In the end roughly 800 for a set up but I don't have the full 800 up front. It would take me a good 3-4 months to save up for that alantias set up so that is not an option at this time. Chances of it being around at that time is slim to none. This is another reason I was looking at other options such as the New York barbell site.
    I haven't read the whole thread but I think I have the gist of where you are.

I think the issue is that most people who are going this route have a budget that they can immediately allocate and generally it's $1k or more. You are a bit less than that which is still okay but don't have all the funds together.

Let me say that I'm of the buy once and cry once mentality. Buying a sub-par rack that you have to swap out later is a giant PITA. That doesn't mean you need to go high end but you want to come in at something servicable that can work for your needs. The used market is generally the best bang for the buck on a budget but at a minimum you want to be looking at tubing with 2x3" and 11 gauge as the target...that effectively keeps you out of the complete **** racks. Don't go by their weight capacity specs as a balanced/loaded bar is very different from the off kilter bar you'll be dropping in there.

Beyond that you might want to consider UMHW lining on j cups and safeties to ensure a rack doesn't eat up your bar too much.

If you have the room weight storage is REALLY nice and makes for a better workout with less time and effort (I just swapped racks to one with weight storage and it's readily apparent). That said this will cost more also.

Bottom line is that you don't want to waste money or have really subpar equipment (which is wasting money) unless it's an absolute necessity.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

I understand what you are saying but I have read most people's recommendations around this forum alone a most people state all you need is a 300lbs set. At this point in my lifts 300lbs is all I need I wouldn't be out growing right away and if I do get to a point that I go beyond 300 I do not foresee myself lifting more than 800lbs. Even if the TDS rack is only rated for 800lbs it still suits my needs. Now if someone can come up with factual data that showed the TDS racks were garbage and crumpled under minimal weight than I might say yeah it's worth my time to look elsewhere but a google search has only shown me this is a good rack for the price and there is even a thread on this forum that stands behind the TDS where a few members state if the rack failed or had to be replaced they would buy it again.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In that case, get the TDS $100 rack now. Save the rest towards a future better rack fund. That way you'll have the cash for a good deal when your numbers start going up. Looks like the guy selling the rack for $100 also has weights and a bar. See if you can get it all for $200 since they apparently want stuff out.

Then get a used bench on CL or the Rep $179 AB-3100. All in for about 400 and you can put aside money to upgrade in the future. Continue to look on CL and jump on a good upgrade deal when you see it
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I understand what you are saying but I have read most people's recommendations around this forum alone a most people state all you need is a 300lbs set. At this point in my lifts 300lbs is all I need I wouldn't be out growing right away and if I do get to a point that I go beyond 300 I do not foresee myself lifting more than 800lbs. Even if the TDS rack is only rated for 800lbs it still suits my needs. Now if someone can come up with factual data that showed the TDS racks were garbage and crumpled under minimal weight than I might say yeah it's worth my time to look elsewhere but a google search has only shown me this is a good rack for the price and there is even a thread on this forum that stands behind the TDS where a few members state if the rack failed or had to be replaced they would buy it again.
    I haven't read the whole thing here, but a couple points.

800lbs rating is a static load. If you drop a barbell, it becomes a dynamic load F=M*V2

Will the NYBB rack rold under a dropped bar? Probably not. And it probably will meet your needs. But be aware that most people on here who have bought from NYBB seem to vow to never buy from them again - quality is subpar for what you are paying, customer service isn't great, etc.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Reading through, if you are going to buy a little now and then more later...

buy a 300 lb weight set and an upgraded bar now. That should set you back less than $400.

Run a barbell only lifting program - there are plenty on the web. Save your money and get decent rack when you can.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If the TDS rack is in good shape it will be fine but I'd replace it as your numbers eventually go up. But, for the sake of everyone's sanity, please quit quoting the 700, 800 or 1,000 pound numbers that companies put out. That is all marketing junk. The TDS rack is fine for you as a starter rack but nobody putting up 500+ would use it (at least that't my assumption).

Again, it is fine for you but the static load numbers are marketing crap.
    {5'7" and under #1}

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Reading through, if you are going to buy a little now and then more later...

buy a 300 lb weight set and an upgraded bar now. That should set you back less than $400.

Run a barbell only lifting program - there are plenty on the web. Save your money and get decent rack when you can.
    ^^Also good advice^^ but be cognizant of the lifts you are doing and ensure that you are doing them safely if not using a rack.
    {5'7" and under #1}

Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    ^^Also good advice^^ but be cognizant of the lifts you are doing and ensure that you are doing them safely if not using a rack.
    yea I guess I shouldn't take that for granted. Any program you run in this style is going to be centered on cleans, front squats, deadlifts, bent over rows, and overhead presses. You won't be benching or back squatting. And before bro-science takes over I will say this - I never met a guy that had a big OHP and couldn't bench. Once you get the rack, you can floor press.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    I haven't read the whole thing here, but a couple points.

800lbs rating is a static load. If you drop a barbell, it becomes a dynamic load F=M*V2

Will the NYBB rack rold under a dropped bar? Probably not. And it probably will meet your needs. But be aware that most people on here who have bought from NYBB seem to vow to never buy from them again - quality is subpar for what you are paying, customer service isn't great, etc.
    I agree that it is important to understand that load "ratings" are static, while actual mishaps are dynamic and involve a lot of force, which can easily exceed 800-1000 "lbs" with surprisingly little weight on the bar.

I've had a few NYBB products....while I wouldn't buy any of them again at this point in my life, their items that don't involve any moving parts are usually OK. I've been fortunate to not have needed to contact their customer service, we've both heard some scary stories about that.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You definitely have it all figured out! What was the point of coming here when Google had all the answers you were looking for?
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #66 ▪█──────█▪

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #44 []---[]

My home gym https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1552985721#post1552985721

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your understanding or faith in their quoted weight limits is erroneous or misplaced. Nevertheless it probably will be fine for you now...I just hate seeing people buy stuff that will certainly be upgraded in short order later. Most people are not happy with those racks hence the cheapo thread here to get the basics.

Anyway, please do yourself a favor and purchase a copy of Rippetoe's Starting Strength. This will at least get you started in the right place with good understanding and decent technical resource for the lifts. Have someone video you so you can review.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    I just hate seeing people buy stuff that will certainly be upgraded in short order later.
    It happened to me but I learned from it and only lost a little on the rack (about $100).
    {5'7" and under #1}

Im a bit confused because the TDS seems like a decent rack for the price. Yes the ratings are static but its still consistent across the board. By that I mean rogue isn't quoting dynamic weight while titan is giving static and dynamic weight and tds is giving static weight. All the mfg are giving static weight so it is fair to judge that weight off of the numbers. You don't expect 4 cylinder car to come in the same as a v8 correct? But its common to judge a group of cars by the motor, 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, etc. The other thing that has me so confused is this TDS rack is so bad but I have seen many recommend a rack that I can order for 200 dollars and pick it up at Walmart. When you start asking around your told stay away from Marcy, wielder, golds gym anything dicks sporting goods sells but here we are promoting the fitness reality rack from Walmart. I was considering it but now if a tds rack isn't good and sturdy why would this rack from Walmart be any better?

bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol $800 is way too cheap for commercial. More like $2k+

lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im a bit confused because the TDS seems like a decent rack for the price. Yes the ratings are static but its still consistent across the board. By that I mean rogue isn't quoting dynamic weight while titan is giving static and dynamic weight and tds is giving static weight. All the mfg are giving static weight so it is fair to judge that weight off of the numbers. You don't expect 4 cylinder car to come in the same as a v8 correct? But its common to judge a group of cars by the motor, 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, etc. The other thing that has me so confused is this TDS rack is so bad but I have seen many recommend a rack that I can order for 200 dollars and pick it up at Walmart. When you start asking around your told stay away from Marcy, wielder, golds gym anything dicks sporting goods sells but here we are promoting the fitness reality rack from Walmart. I was considering it but now if a tds rack isn't good and sturdy why would this rack from Walmart be any better?
    What we are trying to tell you is that for $100 used the nyb rack is perfect for your current needs. its of a lighter gauge metal which has the possibility of failing under load more so than a heavier gauge piece does. at the full retail price it becomes less of a good eeal when other racks of better more durable quality are available for just a few dollars more.

Originally Posted by bcradio View Post
    lol $800 is way too cheap for commercial. More like $2k+
    If you read the thread you will see their is a link to a Craigslist ad with an Atlantis rack that they are looking for $750. It is a heavy duty rack. It appears to me that it would be commercial and not residential as most racks for residential are not recommended here.

Originally Posted by lsi1 View Post
    What we are trying to tell you is that for $100 used the nyb rack is perfect for your current needs. its of a lighter gauge metal which has the possibility of failing under load more so than a heavier gauge piece does. at the full retail price it becomes less of a good eeal when other racks of better more durable quality are available for just a few dollars more.
    I understand what you are saying but it seems to me that that is not what people are saying at all. It sounds to me that people are not understanding that I plan on building my home gym piece by piece and at the moment I am looking to invest in a rack. I have found a few options yet they are not good options after I inquire about some other things. I started out looking around at rogue and wanted an R3 rack but I can't afford it. I found titan and wall mounted racks but than was told the spotter arms are not safe and would not be a good option. I got mixed reviews when I was interested in rogues SML-1 with 24" spotter arms. I than found titan and that was good but not worth it compared to rogue. I already know that if I go rogue it has to be an SML-1 or wall mount. I was told to look into the Walmart rack as it was budget priced but now that's not mentioned and it seems most people are hung up with a piece of equipment that is not affordable now. If the Atlantis was a good deal and something in a few months I could go and purchase that would be great but I doubt it will be there than let alone next week. I understand a tds new rack isn't a great deal but a used one for $100 could be. I would love a 2x3 11 gauge rack but im not having much luck locally and to travel is going to be hard when the price range is already to high to start.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    you're ****ing with us right? no one can be this dense:

I did find a tds rack for cheap...the person is only asking 100. Its a bit of a drive but it looks like a great starting piece and price.
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    $100 is a good price for an OK rack that will work for you until you start moving a little more weight.
    Originally Posted by RestoringTally View Post
    ^^^^ This.
    In that case, get the TDS $100 rack now.
    If the TDS rack is in good shape it will be fine
    and yet, you keep repeating yourself about saving up and buying a better rack here and static load rating there, etc. meanwhile is your gym even closed yet? you mentioned this as a just in case?!

if your gym is still open, then spend nothing and save your money for a rack you can afford. none of this "i want to spend $500 on a rack but i don't have $500 to spend on a rack" nonsense because what you WANT to buy doesn't matter if you don't have the money to buy it! and there's nothing wrong with that. buy saying i want to buy a corvette but not having the money to spend on it makes it moot, right?

option 1) take your money and go buy the tds rack and save until you can afford better

option 2) save your money and keep going to the gym until it DOES close

unless you want to keep asking the same question over and OVER AND OVER for another 2 pages
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

I understand what you are saying but it seems to me that that is not what people are saying at all. It sounds to me that people are not understanding that I plan on building my home gym piece by piece and at the moment I am looking to invest in a rack. I have found a few options yet they are not good options after I inquire about some other things. I started out looking around at rogue and wanted an R3 rack but I can't afford it. I found titan and wall mounted racks but than was told the spotter arms are not safe and would not be a good option. I got mixed reviews when I was interested in rogues SML-1 with 24" spotter arms. I than found titan and that was good but not worth it compared to rogue. I already know that if I go rogue it has to be an SML-1 or wall mount. I was told to look into the Walmart rack as it was budget priced but now that's not mentioned and it seems most people are hung up with a piece of equipment that is not affordable now. If the Atlantis was a good deal and something in a few months I could go and purchase that would be great but I doubt it will be there than let alone next week. I understand a tds new rack isn't a great deal but a used one for $100 could be. I would love a 2x3 11 gauge rack but im not having much luck locally and to travel is going to be hard when the price range is already to high to start.
    Remember we see about 10 of these new guy should I get this threads a week. I remember your old threads now but I didn't realize that they were yours. almost anything can be a pretty decent deal and at $100 a starter rack like the TDS rack would be awesome. For a power rack that costs $200 that fitness reality rack is in a class by itself because even the TDS, Titan t2, and every other importer who slaps their name on that style rack generally prices them around the $300 range. Just above that you start running into what now is considered the best entry level racks like the pp200x or the Titan t3 They cost about as much as a set of squat stands from Rogue and most of us but not all of us would prefer to have a power rack over a set of squat stands. I've personally used Rpgues
    s sml2 with the 24 inch spotter arms and found that it would work great for me but I prefer that enclosed rack over the open stands. The theory behind the folding racks is nice but personally I wouldn't unless I had no other choice. it seems like a good concept if its going into new construction and you can plan it out accordingly putting extra bracing between the studs to bolt it to comes to mind. I would think that failing a rep onto the spotter arms would do much if any damage but it could and I hate drywall repair.

When I bought my rack I was a beginner and a 300lb squat seemed like maybe it could happen someday. less than a year in and I've hit that 300lb benchmark Its not a lot relative to what some of these guys can do but its more than I'd want to rack onto a cage made of the same thickness metal as an exhaust pipe. Its worth spending a little more now to make sure you've planned ahead.

User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) User8675309 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is currently at a low price ($150):

https://www.amazon.com/FITNESS-REALI...dp/B01N4I8FOY/

Amazon and Walmart have this price matching loop that drives the price down.

1) Walmart sets a price and offers a discount for in store pickup.
    2) Amazon matches the in store pick up price.
    3) Walmart matches the new Amazon price and offers a discount for pickup
    4) Amazon matches the new in store pick up price.
    5) Repeat.
    This goes on until one goes out of stock, then the price goes back up. Once they get new stock, it starts over.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

As I understand it, you intend building your home gym incrementally, which is perfectly fine, my question, why are you looking to purchase the power rack first?. Why not pick up a bar and weights, then save for a rack and bench, to me getting the rack first, is a little like buying a trailer, when you don't own a vehicle to pull it. You could achieve so much with an Olympic bar and weights on their own, but a rack without a bar and weights is nothing more than an expensive pull up bar.
    by the way the Atlantis and TDS racks in quality terms are miles apart, but both racks appear to offer great value for money.

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    As I understand it, you intend building your home gym incrementally, which is perfectly fine, my question, why are you looking to purchase the power rack first?. Why not pick up a bar and weights, then save for a rack and bench, to me getting the rack first, is a little like buying a trailer, when you don't own a vehicle to pull it. You could achieve so much with an Olympic bar and weights on their own, but a rack without a bar and weights is nothing more than an expensive pull up bar.
    by the way the Atlantis and TDS racks in quality terms are miles apart, but both racks appear to offer great value for money.
    To me the rack is the most expensive piece of equipment. A bar and weight is great but I wouldn't be able to do much with out a rack. I know most recommend using the bar and weight before a rack but I run the Fierce 5 program and I would need the rack to complete these program. I could purchase a bench and some dumbbells and use that for a bit with a dumbbell program, and I still might due that just for convenience.

To me the rack is the most expensive piece of equipment. A bar and weight is great but I wouldn't be able to do much with out a rack. I know most recommend using the bar and weight before a rack but I run the Fierce 5 program and I would need the rack to complete these program. I could purchase a bench and some dumbbells and use that for a bit with a dumbbell program, and I still might due that just for convenience.
    It can be, it doesn't have to be. You can get a lot accomplished with a barbell only program.

From experience on this board - I think you will regret buying that TDS rack, even at $100. Watch your CL and find a better rack at a fair price.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler