Page 4 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Like every single person in the entire world in every sport where they plan to or are competing at the top levels. Not condoning it as I don't personally approve of some of dosing you see in serious athletes. Just stating facts. This is the way it has been for the entire lifetime of most of us in this thread, and it will not change any time soon.
    What's your point? She'll never compete in the IPF/USAPL because they drug test and that is the cream of the crop in powerlifting IMO. inb4 14 page argument about who is/isn't natty.

I would hate to be an "enhanced" athlete. I'd always be wondering how strong I'd be without Tech. Did I PR because of my hard work or because of what I injected? If I quit the sauce am I going to lose a lot of weight off my lifts? Not worth it to me.
    Last edited by ErickStevens; 05-27-2012 at 06:39 AM.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol, juicers, lol. pussies
    "lady who goes fishing with men, comes back with red snapper" ~ Walt Whitman, 1986

★★ Blast it With Piss Crew ★★

♋ Mods close my wat do threads Crew ♋

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For the love of God Eric, please tell me that chick is in a geared federation. Not that it's going to take anything away from her accomplishments, but motherofgod 465lb squat raw for a 165lb girl is ridiculous.

Remember BarbieBarbell? The only way I can stay sane that her squat was so strong is because she was so geared up she could barely walk to the squat rack.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ GM is natty that much I know,

On May 5, 12012, Gillian competed in the 2012 Southern Powerlifting Federation's North Myrtle Beach Classic in the 165lb class. All 9 attempts were good:

Squat: 285lbs, 300lbs, 310lbs
    Bench: 225lbs, 240lbs, 250lbs
    Deadlift: 345lbs, 375lbs, 400lbs

Total: 960lbs
    Nothing to scoff at imo... sure guys in this section lift more but pssssssssssssssssssst guys are supposed to lift more than girls

I love Laura Phelps though (she got married so I think her name's hyphenated), she seems really sweet.

Please not an argument about tech itt. Go make another thread and get banned there.

Location: Birmingham, birmingham, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Like every single person in the entire world in every sport where they plan to or are competing at the top levels. Not condoning it as I don't personally approve of some of dosing you see in serious athletes. Just stating facts. This is the way it has been for the entire lifetime of most of us in this thread, and it will not change any time soon.
    i see your argument

and show you pro cyclists aka the most tested athletes on the face of the planet

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    What's your point? She'll never compete in the IPF/USAPL because they drug test and that is the cream of the crop in powerlifting IMO. inb4 14 page argument about who is/isn't natty.

I would hate to be an "enhanced" athlete. I'd always be wondering how strong I'd be without Tech. Did I PR because of my hard work or because of what I injected? If I quit the sauce am I going to lose a lot of weight off my lifts? Not worth it to me.
    I am not rehashing that old argument. I don't have the energy for it today. If someone wants to believe that drug testing means less drug use, then so be it.

Do you ever wonder how strong you would be if you had never eaten in a caloric surplus or had neve eaten a high protein diet? Probably not. This is about how much most ask the question you did. Both are examples of putting something into your body in an attempt to gain strength and muscle.
    Last edited by JasonDB; 05-27-2012 at 07:31 AM.

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone watch Super-Cup of Titans? Interesting that highest total is winner but Belyaev Andrey was ****ing ridiculous. BRB 663 wilks. Here are the results:
    http://online.supercupoftitans.ru/

Originally Posted by happylifter View Post
    and show you pro cyclists aka the most tested athletes on the face of the planet
    Just because you don't get caught means you didn't do it?
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

Location: Birmingham, birmingham, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) happylifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PerpetualMotion View Post

Just because you don't get caught means you didn't do it?
    i understand what your saying but look at mark Cavendish when he won the sprinters tittle in the tour de france he was tested something like 200 times that year now explain that

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by HunterCML View Post
    For the love of God Eric, please tell me that chick is in a geared federation. Not that it's going to take anything away from her accomplishments, but motherofgod 465lb squat raw for a 165lb girl is ridiculous.

Remember BarbieBarbell? The only way I can stay sane that her squat was so strong is because she was so geared up she could barely walk to the squat rack.
    She competes raw.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain

PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by happylifter View Post
    i understand what your saying but look at mark Cavendish when he won the sprinters tittle in the tour de france he was tested something like 200 times that year now explain that
    You're assuming that they are aware of all masking agents and/or drugs at that point. Do you know how often Olympic lifters get tested as well and sometimes they pass and sometimes they don't? China has been busted a few times but they've also passed. Did they suddenly just stop using one time and then started again then stopped using again? Probably not.

But I'm not going to sit here and accuse everyone of doing drugz, though. I really couldn't care less. In the end, I do me and I'll let them do them. If we compete, they won and did drugs then that's fine with me. Life isn't fair and the last thing I'll cry about is fairness.
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In on new thread! What's you're guys opinions in high frequency low volume full body workouts, I was running madcows, but ran across a routine that the la fd suggests for fire academy prep. So you're benching/squatting 3x per week and doing all the assistance 3x per week too. The reps are higher in this, they start 12-15 for week 1-2 and gradually decrease to 5-6 reps by the end of the program
    Current EMT-P
    Working my way towards firefighter paramedic!

Hard work > Genetics
    Strength > Aesthetics
    Training for my first PL meet using the Cube Method!

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    She competes raw.
    Makes your 535 feel pretty insignificant doesn't it?

I wonder if she would lol at all of Milones squat PR threads.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by drummerguydw View Post
    In on new thread! What's you're guys opinions in high frequency low volume full body workouts, I was running madcows, but ran across a routine that the la fd suggests for fire academy prep. So you're benching/squatting 3x per week and doing all the assistance 3x per week too. The reps are higher in this, they start 12-15 for week 1-2 and gradually decrease to 5-6 reps by the end of the program
    Sounds good for a complete noob IMO. Otherwise I would lower the reps. Any deadlifts or rows in the program?

Originally Posted by HunterCML View Post
    Makes your 535 feel pretty insignificant doesn't it? .
    Not really.

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    opinions on deadlifting 2-3x a week? don't seem to see to many advocates of them more than 1x a week (at least in my realm of relative noobness), can't see how they'd be any different to squatting throughout the week and I fuarking love DL's, would love to increase their frequency.

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brendbro View Post
    opinions on deadlifting 2-3x a week? don't seem to see to many advocates of them more than 1x a week (at least in my realm of relative noobness), can't see how they'd be any different to squatting throughout the week and I fuarking love DL's, would love to increase their frequency.
    It's definitely different. I wouldn't recommend it.

Bill Starr says that if you want to deadlift more [weight], don't deadlift.

NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    opinions on deadlifting 2-3x a week? don't seem to see to many advocates of them more than 1x a week

youmustbenewherecondescendingwonka.jpeg
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs.

FKK - Our lord and saviour has dat jaw

You seem agitated. Perhaps you aren't getting enough fap in your diet.
    (c)Andrew_S

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    It's definitely different. I wouldn't recommend it.

Bill Starr says that if you want to deadlift more [weight], don't deadlift.
    I saw that actually, interesting.

The issue is that I don't know how comfortable I am with squatting, due to an inguinal hernia (inb4toomuchinformation) I had to give them up for a long time and now that I'm doing them again I have noticed burning sensations at the spot of surgery... obviously don't want any future issues and I'm just concerned it will permanently keep me hinged on squats, but deadlifts I have no trouble with so would love to be able to focus on them.

Originally Posted by NegatronPrime View Post
    youmustbenewherecondescendingwonka.jpeg
    u dun remember me??

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I saw that actually, interesting.

The issue is that I don't know how comfortable I am with squatting, due to an inguinal hernia (inb4toomuchinformation) I had to give them up for a long time and now that I'm doing them again I have noticed burning sensations at the spot of surgery... obviously don't want any future issues and I'm just concerned it will permanently keep me hinged on squats, but deadlifts I have no trouble with so would love to be able to focus on them.

u dun remember me??
    If you are not squating I would say you can work with a much higher frequency on deadlifts. Give them a try 3x a week and see how it goes.

NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    u dun remember me??
    I was being ironing

I'm going to go topless on your beaches when I live in australia and scare all the girls away you will never have sex with beach chicks again
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs.

FKK - Our lord and saviour has dat jaw

You seem agitated. Perhaps you aren't getting enough fap in your diet.
    (c)Andrew_S

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If heel lift is bad when squatting why do people elevate them on a board?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Then do it.

Westside doesn't really train all the DL that much and that's because they believe that the muscles that strengthen the squat also strengthen the DL. Sometimes they do train it twice a week (speed and max effort work). The DL is also one of those lifts that people believe can be increased without ever having to directly train it (or, rather, train it infrequently). Quite a few people actually hold this opinion.

Also, the DL is a more demanding exercise than the squat, which is how it's different. You can lift more and use more musculature thus more total work and strain on the muscles and CNS. It becomes a matter of efficiency. This is why you don't DL as often in 5x5 or SS.

But I say experiment with it. There are people who DL often and there are people who don't. Bob Peoples deadlifted often and I believe Benedikt and Konstantin do sometimes as well. There's also people who are awesome DLers but don't DL frequently (I believe Ed Coan is one of them).

Korte's 3x3 gets you to do all the big lifts 3 times a week but that programs for advanced lifters.

If you do DL frequently, it doesn't always have to be heavy. Bendickt rehashed a cliche statement in one of his interviews and he said, "Speed kills."

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Artificial ankle mobility. You can get deeper with your heels raised up, which is why oly lifters where shoes with elevated heels. Also, if you're a BBer, it moves the weight more anteriorly, so more quad activation.

tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000) tenacious707 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been looking into it also. I always squat on monday and use to do SLDL after them. Recently I started pulling sumo after squats but Im not going super heavy. I do conventional deads on friday with chins. So far so good, I haven't had any injuries yet besides my shoulder hurting once in a while from benching. I've been trying to focus on my form with that.
    From The Westside with Love - Heavy lifting, and Hip-Hop.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133965531

BTK till the casket drops

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    What Perp said. It's not that heel lift is bad. It's the act of lifting them up while squatting that is bad. It fuks with the bar path, too. Since I started squatting with lifting shoes I've noticed more quad activation. I highly recommend them if you don't use them already (for when you go back to squats).

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I kinda figure that was the reason but the Asian guy who was doing 3pps quarter squats while banging the safety bars above his waist made me wonder
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I brought my DL up from high 4s to high 5s with a very simple process. One ME DL day per week with two back off sets. IE:

Work up to 525 x 1
    455 x 3
    405 x 8

The weight on the first and the second set would go up but I'd usually keep 405 as the weight on the third set just to make sure I didn't snap my shiit up. I'm now experimenting with higher frequency using a Sheiko CMS template and DLing twice per week at around 80%.
    the 1 big set and 2 back off (sometimes 1 back off but something like 495 x ~6 instead of a 455,405 sets) is what I'm doing now....deadlift is around 565+.....do you feel at these poundages the sheiko with Dl'ng 80% 2x a week is better? how is recovery for you with that?
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummerguydw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    Sounds good for a complete noob IMO. Otherwise I would lower the reps. Any deadlifts or rows in the program?
    Ya I ran strong lifts, now I was on madcows, then I hurt my shoulder, so I'm looking for a good routine to get my conditioning and strength up for the fire department, which I apply for in August, I noticed when I did madcows the rep range was so low my strength went up but my endurance went way down so I'm looking to help that, I do a lot of cardio conditioning too, running/stair master w/weights are my go to cardio

This program has deadlifts and rows, it's full body 3x per week, so the dead lifts and rows alternate
    Current EMT-P
    Working my way towards firefighter paramedic!

Hard work > Genetics
    Strength > Aesthetics
    Training for my first PL meet using the Cube Method!

witty comment goes here SimonThePieman's Avatar
    SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Since starting low bar squats i have pain on my upper back right around the area where the bar sits on my spine. It has slight affected the tension in my upper back back and neck in terms of tightness (although its starting to loosen now)

Is this just pain from adjusting to something new or could this be a more serious injury that needs checking up. It was a very sub maximal weights
    Saying Zyzz inspired you to lift is like saying Justin Bieber inspired you to sing

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One of those days where my stomach is just fking insatiable. It is killing me. 2.8k calories and 75g of fiber later and I'm still ravenous. Tonight is gonna suck. The worst part about these days is that I find it nearly impossible to stop thinking about food unless I just destroy a ridiculous surplus. Yay for going to sleep hungry.

Them's the breaks, I guess.

mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000) mkal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SimonThePieman View Post
    Since starting low bar squats i have pain on my upper back right around the area where the bar sits on my spine. It has slight affected the tension in my upper back back and neck in terms of tightness (although its starting to loosen now)

Is this just pain from adjusting to something new or could this be a more serious injury that needs checking up. It was a very sub maximal weights
    It took me about 4 weeks to fully transition from high-bar to low-bar squats back in 2009 because of the pain on the upper back shelf where the bar was resting. The pain was easiest to describe as bad sun burn, basically the area felt very raw and I had a hard time moving my upper back / shoulders the day of / day after squats. After a couple weeks of working at it, the pain went away and I've been low-bar squatting since. If your pain is different, I don't think I'll be able to help.
    My log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144840161&page=3

407/226/457 @ 128.0 at 2013 USAPL MO State / Ozarks
    342/210/435 @ 120.8 at 2012 Arnold Sports Festival Raw Challenge

[ Misc Strength Crew ] [ Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs ]