seanr802 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hey guys! i could use some opinions and help!

so i am 16 years old and weigh around 140 pounds. i have 5’6 and i have photos in my gallery. i’ve been lifting for about 4 months and made the mistake of doing a dirty bulk the first month but then did research and realized that’s not the best way to go about it. i’ve been “lean bulking” for about a month and focusing on compound movements mainly. but i want abs and defined shoulders. i know it’s going to take time but does anyone have advice for what i should do? thanks in advance!
    the pictures are labeled A B C D
    A is front relaxed
    B is front flexed
    C is side relaxed
    D is side flexed

elysse77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by seanr802 View Post
    so i am 16 years old and weigh around 140 pounds. i have 5’6 and i have photos in my gallery. i’ve been lifting for about 4 months and made the mistake of doing a dirty bulk the first month but then did research and realized that’s not the best way to go about it. i’ve been “lean bulking” for about a month and focusing on compound movements mainly. but i want abs and defined shoulders. i know it’s going to take time but does anyone have advice for what i should do? thanks in advance!
    the pictures are labeled A B C D
    A is front relaxed
    B is front flexed
    C is side relaxed uc browser shareit appvn

D is side flexed
    I recently sprained my pinky finger on my left hand and limited in gripping any barbells and dumbells, leaving me a bit stumped about what exercises I can still do at the gym to target upper body (chest, arms, back, shoulders, etc). I've been doing loads of leg machine exercises because they don't require a grip of anything but wanted some insight on upper body exercises. Any help is much appreciated if anyone has been through something similar and found workarounds. Cheers!
    Last edited by elysse77; 12-08-2019 at 01:15 PM.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    @ Sean: You answered your own question; excellent muscular delt definition takes time! We're not talking months for most people. It could take a couple of years (or more), depending on how much size is built, the effort put in, consistency, nutrition, level of conditioning... Patience and dedication will pay off.

@ elysse: I've lifted with a broken pinky (in a splint), using BBs, DBs, cables and machines, and continued on with my normal routine as best I could. You can try using grips for that hand.

Good luck to both of you! Keep up the momentum...
    Last edited by etet1919; 12-07-2019 at 07:35 AM. Reason: delt definition
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Youth and patience difficult mix. Do not try to go quickly building a body is not something neither fast nor easy but it requires above all constant training and time