Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1552
    2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    if by inject you mean cell tech then of course
    i think it would help me honestly. with my concussion recovery. my test is probably jacked the **** down lol

i've completely changed my diet. i've done so much research man. i'll share the power brain foods with you if you're interested

blueberries is apparently king
    100% pure organic cocoa as well
    and i think green tea

with those 3 it's like blueberries > green tea > cocoa. but they all significant help cognitive ability according to studies

then there are the random crap which also have been studied on, increases in cognitive ability and neurogenesis

turmeric (this is king of the spices, moreso the curcumin inside turmeric), omega 3's, RAW broccoli (this is ****ing king for the veggies. moreso raw broccoli sprouts specifically, it has something that increases neurite outgrowth), walnut, strawberries, black berries, berries in general, beet juice (brings oxygen to the low oxygen areas of the brain with exercise), sage.

with sage i'm bringing back the ancient herbalism **** lol from dark ages and before. it has always been used for like mental clarity for thousands of years, so giving it a shot. sage tea

i think the beet juice i can tell a different mostly, it's probably the most prominent. with bringing oxygen to the brain
    Last edited by 2RDEYE; 10-16-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 2RDEYE View Post
    i think it would help me honestly. with my concussion recovery. my test is probably jacked the **** down lol

i've completely changed my diet. i've done so much research man. i'll share the power brain foods with you if you're interested

blueberries is apparently king
    100% pure organic cocoa as well
    and i think green tea

with those 3 it's like blueberries > green tea > cocoa. but they all significant help cognitive ability according to studies

then there are the random crap which also have been studied on, increases in cognitive ability and neurogenesis

turmeric (this is king of the spices, moreso the curcumin inside turmeric), omega 3's, RAW broccoli (this is ****ing king for the veggies. moreso raw broccoli sprouts specifically, it has something that increases neurite outgrowth), walnut, strawberries, black berries, berries in general, beet juice (brings oxygen to the low oxygen areas of the brain with exercise), sage.

with sage i'm bringing back the ancient herbalism **** lol from dark ages and before. it has always been used for like mental clarity for thousands of years, so giving it a shot. sage tea

i think the beet juice i can tell a different mostly, it's probably the most prominent. with bringing oxygen to the brain
    i wouldnt put much stock into "super foods." Sure, some foods have excellent nutrient qualities, but they dont have the super powers that people claim they do. If you are severely lacking in the nutrients they provide, then you will really benefit from from and could even see a huge boost from them, but otherwise, i just dont see any other way you'd get a huge boost.

Have you had your t levels checked? You can def eat to help support healthy t levels. But a "testosterone diet" wont raise the levels but by MAYBE 1%-5% at best.

How did your assignment go?
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i wouldnt put much stock into "super foods." Sure, some foods have excellent nutrient qualities, but they dont have the super powers that people claim they do. If you are severely lacking in the nutrients they provide, then you will really benefit from from and could even see a huge boost from them, but otherwise, i just dont see any other way you'd get a huge boost.

Have you had your t levels checked? You can def eat to help support healthy t levels. But a "testosterone diet" wont raise the levels but by MAYBE 1%-5% at best.

How did your assignment go?
    idk man, idc if it helps even 1%, i'm **** out of hope and luck srs. i even wrote a full two page suicide letter lol. so even things like "MIGHT HELP THE BRAIN" is like the light for me. if nutrition or "herbal magic" or even ancient runestones rituals of the wicked witch of the mountains is the only thing i can hold on to, then i want to hold on to it. it gives me hope and motivation to keep going.

there's nothing worse for me than reading a study or having someone say "it doesn't help" or "there's nothing that would help" lol so i stopped reading studies and stopped reading about concussion and tbi, and go off ancient voodoo ****. i would believe in ****in vampires and mermaids if some ancient transcription said that it would help the brain.

it's ****in bull****. we can fly planes. we can fix limbs. we can even train ourselves to lift 500lbs+ but doctors say there's absolutely nothing to be done about a brain injury. i don't believe it. the field of neuroscience is still new. im sure there was some ancient empire in the past that found some herbal concoction to actually help.
    Last edited by 2RDEYE; 10-20-2019 at 01:20 PM.

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    idk man, idc if it helps even 1%, i'm **** out of hope and luck srs. i even wrote a full two page suicide letter lol. so even things like "MIGHT HELP THE BRAIN" is like the light for me. if nutrition or "herbal magic" or even ancient runestones rituals of the wicked witch of the mountains is the only thing i can hold on to, then i want to hold on to it. it gives me hope and motivation to keep going.

there's nothing worse for me than reading a study or having someone say "it doesn't help" or "there's nothing that would help" lol so i stopped reading studies and stopped reading about concussion and tbi, and go off ancient voodoo ****. i would believe in ****in vampires and mermaids if some ancient transcription said that it would help the brain.

it's ****in bull****. we can fly planes. we can fix limbs. we can even train ourselves to lift 500lbs+ but doctors say there's absolutely nothing to be done about a brain injury. i don't believe it. the field of neuroscience is still new. im sure there was some ancient empire in the past that found some herbal concoction to actually help.
    I get it bro. Anything to put you in the right mental state to look forward to when things get better
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

thoughts of wrist straps or wrist wraps tank? i ****ed up my left wrist for the first time EVER. i think i was on too much painkillers lol so i didn't realize the damage until i got damaged. then suddenly ****ing sharp pains on my wrist. i couldn't bench cause of the pain. would wrist wraps or wrist straps help in the future? or is it like wearing a glove which would **** things up

all i did was grab a 5 lb plate with my left hand and suddenly i got wrist pain. must've twisted it

Registered Retard AdvancedDreamer's Avatar
    AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdvancedDreamer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What's the most crucial advice you would give to a natural lifter?

swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000)
    when I do DB shrugs my scapula hurts on one side, more so at the top half of the motion. what could be the problem and should I stop doing shrugs?
    regret my username crew

Originally Posted by AdvancedDreamer View Post
    What's the most crucial advice you would give to a natural lifter?
    Never stop educating yourself. Knowledge is the foundation on which you build your ENTIRE program on. Without the knowledge of:
    -HOW to eat right
    - HOW to train properly
    -HOW to train in order to prevent injury

You'll just stay stagnant forever. I consider myself well above the average lifter, in terms of theoretical knowledge, but i am always watching youtube videos, listening to podcasts and reading papers to learn new things.

Originally Posted by swagdragon View Post
    when I do DB shrugs my scapula hurts on one side, more so at the top half of the motion. what could be the problem and should I stop doing shrugs?
    Barbell or DB shrugs?

swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000) swagdragon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Barbell or DB shrugs?
    Dumbbells. I used to do them with barbells until the pain surfaced, and I switched to DBs. But now it seems like the pain is back again. Not sure what the problem is but I'll skip them when I train later today
    regret my username crew

Originally Posted by swagdragon View Post
    Dumbbells. I used to do them with barbells until the pain surfaced, and I switched to DBs. But now it seems like the pain is back again. Not sure what the problem is but I'll skip them when I train later today
    Here are some alternate trap exercises. Most people ...Check that...Damn near ALL people JUST do shrugs because they think that the traps are SOLELY upper fibers. But there are also the middle and lower fibers

As far as your pain issue goes, does the pain show in ANY OTHER exercise? Or is just trap raises? I suspect that you may feel some pain and discomfort if you do try some of these exercises. Without knowing much of anything at all, my first thought is that its painful knots in the fascia. I'm assuming that the pain isnt overwhelming or anything. If the pain is on the left trap, then tilt your head to the right and use your right hand on the left trap and feel for tender spots. Once you find one, apply pressure and hold while simultaneously tilting your head left to right (keep in mind that your head is still tilted so looking left to right means you'll be moving your head up and down). If someone else can do this for you, its better because they can move your head for you. The idea behind applying pressure on the knots is that eventually, the knots WILL relax and when the knots relax, the pain will subside

Thanks! Will try the massage technique and perhaps use a roller later
    regret my username crew

ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey man.
    last week i cutted 2 tendons in finger 2. had a surgery to fix them.
    now i have a splint on my hand and needs to do occupational therapy for 2 months (once a week in a clinic and alone every hour). right now the injured place still looks like **** and the finger still feels very hard so i guess ill see some improvement soon but now i can move the finger only very little forward (pre-surgery couldnt move it at all.) im scared it wont heal good because stuff now look bad and the injury was nasty, most docs and nurses told me it should be good but im sure they just tried to make me cheer up because of how depressed i am about it.
    what is your experience with such injuries?
    Arsenal FC crew
    Poverty lifts crew
    europe crew
    washing hands before peeing crew
    dead before 29 crew ( lol @ the 30 crew)
    Gonna Semi make it crew

Originally Posted by ButcherSir View Post
    hey man.
    last week i cutted 2 tendons in finger 2. had a surgery to fix them.
    now i have a splint on my hand and needs to do occupational therapy for 2 months (once a week in a clinic and alone every hour). right now the injured place still looks like **** and the finger still feels very hard so i guess ill see some improvement soon but now i can move the finger only very little forward (pre-surgery couldnt move it at all.) im scared it wont heal good because stuff now look bad and the injury was nasty, most docs and nurses told me it should be good but im sure they just tried to make me cheer up because of how depressed i am about it.
    what is your experience with such injuries?
    my experience is zero. But if the docs and nurses saythe prognosis is good, then i'd listen because thats a fairly "routine" surgery. I mean, you do need a specialist to do the surgery (because there are so many nerves, muscles and blood vessels in such a small area), but surgeons will usually shoot you straight on issues like that because its potential impact is so great. Just try and trust them and give it some time. I'm sure it will heal nicely. You may lose some dexterity though

kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ever had problems breathing like your ribs are restricting your lungs and you can't fully breath in? Dunno if I pulled something in my upper back or what. Thank you.

Originally Posted by kelih View Post
    Ever had problems breathing like your ribs are restricting your lungs and you can't fully breath in? Dunno if I pulled something in my upper back or what. Thank you.
    it sounds like you have a rib out of place. if you get a sharp pain in when you try to take a deep breath, then that is likely the culprit. Usually, they will fix themselves after a day or so. Annoying as fuuuuuuuuuuuk though

kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kelih is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it sounds like you have a rib out of place. if you get a sharp pain in when you try to take a deep breath, then that is likely the culprit. Usually, they will fix themselves after a day or so. Annoying as fuuuuuuuuuuuk though
    Thank you for the answer, am also thinking it could be a displaced rib, but has been lasting for about a week now. Will go see a physio if it doesn't get better soon.

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What are the correct macro percentages to increase lean body mass?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Originally Posted by kelih View Post
    Thank you for the answer, am also thinking it could be a displaced rib, but has been lasting for about a week now. Will go see a physio if it doesn't get better soon.
    i've always gone to a chiro but a physio can do the job as well. I found this video if you feel froggy enough to tackle it yourself

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    What are the correct macro percentages to increase lean body mass?
    Well, first of all, you HAVE to take in MORE kcals than you are burning. You can add on to your house without bringing in more materials. BUT, i would only reccomend taking in a few hundred kcals OVER your maintenance limit so you can build LBM, but not gain too much body fat.

Second, the general ratio of macros for muscle gain is typically debated, but i would say that a good ratio to begin with is:
    60% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fats. Usually, that equates to about 1.5-2 g of protein per lean lb of body weight

But you also need to get your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) so you can at least get in the ball park of how many kcals you burn in a day: https://tdeecalculator.net/

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i've always gone to a chiro but a physio can do the job as well. I found this video if you feel froggy enough to tackle it yourself

Well, first of all, you HAVE to take in MORE kcals than you are burning. You can add on to your house without bringing in more materials. BUT, i would only reccomend taking in a few hundred kcals OVER your maintenance limit so you can build LBM, but not gain too much body fat.

Second, the general ratio of macros for muscle gain is typically debated, but i would say that a good ratio to begin with is:
    60% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fats. Usually, that equates to about 1.5-2 g of protein per lean lb of body weight

But you also need to get your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) so you can at least get in the ball park of how many kcals you burn in a day: https://tdeecalculator.net/
    I have to eat around 2850 kilocals to reach 170 from 150.

I'm Type 1 Diabetic. So I try to eat as little carbs as possible.

In MyFitnessPal I put 10% carbs, 30% protein and 60% fat.
    Last edited by iloveus; 11-06-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    I have to eat around 2850 kilocals to reach 170 from 150.

I'm Type 1 Diabetic. So I try to eat as little carbs as possible.

In MyFitnessPal I put 10% carbs, 30% protein and 60% fat.
    Typically, a low carb diet is anywhere from 20 to 60g of carbs and is about 20% of the daily macros. But that range is dependent upon your maintenance and/or intake. I'm sure you already know this, but as long as you keep your carbs low glycemic, you could easily increase them by 5-10%. You'd get more energy, a better pump and reach your macro goals easier and still be low carb.

jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    DIDNOTREADENTIRETHREAD but

Have you addressed anyone in 1435 posts that has triceps pain near the ulnar nerve? Happens all the fking time, especially if I back up a bench/squat day together. We've got a newer chiro grad at our gym that had me do the arms out/hands down then hands up to test my shoulder mobility, says I'm lacking mobility and try some dumbbell pull overs and band stretches to open up my chest and get a bigger arch on my bench.

SSB squats have saved a lot but meet preps will have specificity to low bar/comp bench and I want to get back in the game pain free.
    445/340/545

Originally Posted by jeshelton View Post
    DIDNOTREADENTIRETHREAD but

Have you addressed anyone in 1435 posts that has triceps pain near the ulnar nerve? Happens all the fking time, especially if I back up a bench/squat day together. We've got a newer chiro grad at our gym that had me do the arms out/hands down then hands up to test my shoulder mobility, says I'm lacking mobility and try some dumbbell pull overs and band stretches to open up my chest and get a bigger arch on my bench.

SSB squats have saved a lot but meet preps will have specificity to low bar/comp bench and I want to get back in the game pain free.
    what aggravates it? Try this to see if it is the ulnar nerve: Raise your arm up and out at 90 degrees like you are on a cross and face your palms down. Then palmar flex and dorsi flex a few times. If this causes pain, then its likely you have some scar tissue somewhere on the nerve and it needs to be broken up. To do this, you just repeat that test i mentioned a second ago (10 or so reps and 3 sets is fine). Next day repeat but tilt your head AWAY fromt he arm and do the exercises.

Do you hear/feel any snapping when you flex/extend the elbow?

jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    what aggravates it? Try this to see if it is the ulnar nerve: Raise your arm up and out at 90 degrees like you are on a cross and face your palms down. Then palmar flex and dorsi flex a few times. If this causes pain, then its likely you have some scar tissue somewhere on the nerve and it needs to be broken up. To do this, you just repeat that test i mentioned a second ago (10 or so reps and 3 sets is fine). Next day repeat but tilt your head AWAY fromt he arm and do the exercises.

Do you hear/feel any snapping when you flex/extend the elbow?
    Tried now, no pain or snapping. I've increased upper back tightness during squats, prior to that the bar would roll a hair on 7+ rep sets and wrists/shoulders would get out of position. Used wrist wraps on my last set of 405x5 and increased upper tightness, did not notice nearly as much elbow pain the next bench day.

This sound more like a mobility issue in shoulder/thoracic arch?
    445/340/545

any tricks to stop teeth clenching? i notice i clench pretty much my entire workout on moderate to heavy weight. i can't stop, it's like natural.

any tricks to stop teeth clenching? i notice i clench pretty much my entire workout on moderate to heavy weight. i can't stop, it's like natural.
    I know 2 things about it:
    1. Its called Bruxism
    2. Stimulants can make it worse

https://migrainepal.com/treatments-c...-and-migraine/

I know 2 things about it:
    1. Its called Bruxism
    2. Stimulants can make it worse

https://migrainepal.com/treatments-c...-and-migraine/
    hmm it's probably habit for me lol. i think of myself as a vicious animal when i do my sets and then i guess it's habit that i chomp down on my teeth.

hmm it's probably habit for me lol. i think of myself as a vicious animal when i do my sets and then i guess it's habit that i chomp down on my teeth.
    Well, if you cant make yourself stop, then you should probably get a mouthguard

Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey Tank,

I’m about 20 months on from injuring 2 lower lumbar discs, I flare up from time to time but it’s mostly manageable. My physio and surgeon said deadlifts and RDL’s are both great for rehabbing and building the back up to be strong.

I’m very confident in my form on both exercises as my physio said both my squats and dead’s were excellent.I find Dead’s feel excellent and reduce pain, however, RDLS even with just the bar feel terrible and cause a lot of pressure to build up in the lower back.

Any insight as to why? I’d like to include RDLs for hypertrophy purposes if possible in the future. I’m thinking it’s a hamstring issue as I had a grade 1 tear earlier this year and sometimes I get niggles.
    Last edited by Pumpinmirin; 11-12-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Originally Posted by Pumpinmirin View Post
    Hey Tank,

I’m about 20 months on from injuring 2 lower lumbar discs, I flare up from time to time but it’s mostly manageable. My physio and surgeon said deadlifts and RDL’s are both great for rehabbing and building the back up to be strong.

I’m very confident in my form on both exercises as my physio said both my squats and dead’s were excellent.I find Dead’s feel excellent and reduce pain, however, RDLS even with just the bar feel terrible and cause a lot of pressure to build up in the lower back.

Any insight as to why? I’d like to include RDLs for hypertrophy purposes if possible in the future. I’m thinking it’s a hamstring issue as I had a grade 1 tear earlier this year and sometimes I get niggles.
    Hmmm...Just a guess here, but I would imagine its because the RDL places the majority of the load on the erector spinae ( the collection of low back muscles. You may have heard them called somethign else. The collective name changes from time to time). The DL is a GREAT pulling exercise for the legs and low back, but the RDL takes the legs almost completely out of the equation and places the load on the glutes and low back. Since it is causing pressure/pain, your body is telling you not to do it because something is wrong. Typically, this motion, where you bend at the hip and dont use your legs, is called 'unsupported abdominal flexion' (unsupported meaning you arent bracing yourself on anything). As we get older, this is a major cause in l5/s1 disc herniations/slipping. But you are on the right track by strengthening the low back. The stronger the surrounding muscles are, the more stable the joint is and the less slipping of the joints there will be. Just make sure you strengthen your entire core (abdominals, erector spinae, pelvic floor, internal/external obliques, multifidus and you can consider the transversus one of them too. Not all sources do though).

When you say injured, what do you mean? Herniated, bulging, ruptured? Did it require surgery?

Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bulging at l4/l5 and l5/s1. I had the do deadlifts and strengthen the core, if it doesn’t come right see me in three months talk with surgeon. I ended up having prolo therapy (injections of dexstrose into and around the discs as well as damaged ligaments between the lower back and glute on the right hand side. The idea is it causes more scar tissue to grow around those areas and stabilise them).

20 months on I’m almost certain I should have opted for the surgery because I’m not entirely 100% despite countless hours spent rehabbing and strengthening and $$$$ spent.

I’m happy enough with deadlifts to forego RDLs. At the moment I’m just squatting and deadlifting to get my strength back. Is that adequate for the hamstrings? Roughly 2:1 ratio of squats to dead’s.

I’m also keen for ideas on abdominal exercises. I’ve seen athleans one with the engaging the glutes and hamstrings to inhibit hip flexor crunch but have found it to aggravate the back. At the moment I alternate between reverse crunches on a dip station and Swiss ball ab rollouts every training session.