Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guadian710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lookin good Charger I'd say cut up you would look really well. Let us know how the cutting goes when u start.

KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    gross....

KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100) KinkyKelly1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    oh and i got the PMs... i will make nmy own food

venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) venus892 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i like the Game like the Project IGI a lot it is a mission game...n u achive ur target

richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10) richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10) richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10) richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10) richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10) richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10) richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10) richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10) richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10) richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10) richardhmc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    You guys will think I'm nuts, but if you get some good deer sausage, put some beer in a frying pan and boil the sausage slices in the beer until they are nice and hot.

It's friggen amazing.
    wow thats a first. deer sausage? how is it?

Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Echo399 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My freezer is PACKED with moose
    Moose is much better than venison and beef IMO. The steaks I marinade then cut up real small and cook slow with some butter and A1..the roasts go in the crockpot overnight..ahhh so good. I think I'm gonna have to make some moose stew now
    ***Misc. Late Night Crew***

suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50) suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50) suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50) suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50) suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50) suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50) suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50) suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50) suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50) suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50) suckrpnch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not sure if there's any dove hunters but here is an alteration of a recipe I found years ago.

De-bone breast in whichever manner you prefer (I just use my fingers).
    Marinate breasts (only) in your preferred marinade (Italian dressing or any one of the "30 min" marinades).
    Let marinate 2-6 hours (longer seems to make them rubbery).
    Wrap each breast in ~1/3 strip of bacon (you don't want the bacon to overlap much or it gets chewy).
    Secure with toothpick.
    Grill over medium hot coals.
    Breasts are done when the bacon's done (unless your heat is too high).

Tips:
    Soak toothpicks in water for 30 mins or so to keep from burning.
    Use a fish basket/cage for more easy control of turning the "nuggets" (I usually don't have to use toothpicks if I use the basket.

Variations:
    Use only salt/pepper on breasts, wrap in bacon, grill, brush with BBQ sauce starting about half-way through grilling.

Flatten breasts slightly, place a jalapeno slice and either cream cheese or cheddar on top, fold breast over to make a pouch, then do your wrapping and grilling.

I've made the "pouches" before (minus bacon wrap) filled with an herb/cheese stuffing and used them just like raviolis.

**just realized I bumped an old thread... regardless, this is good.

Registered User missiontomuscle's Avatar
    missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yum - some mouth watering recipes. Going to get my cook on!
    About Me:
    Ben Basos is the writer of the extremely popular Mission to Muscle blog, which documented his “must see” 12 week transformation from flabby to fit. Ben also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Movement studies, and dedicates his time to keeping lean, fit and healthy.

MissiontoMuscle.com

Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by suckrpnch View Post
    Not sure if there's any dove hunters but here is an alteration of a recipe I found years ago.

De-bone breast in whichever manner you prefer (I just use my fingers).
    Marinate breasts (only) in your preferred marinade (Italian dressing or any one of the "30 min" marinades).
    Let marinate 2-6 hours (longer seems to make them rubbery).
    Wrap each breast in ~1/3 strip of bacon (you don't want the bacon to overlap much or it gets chewy).
    Secure with toothpick.
    Grill over medium hot coals.
    Breasts are done when the bacon's done (unless your heat is too high).

Tips:
    Soak toothpicks in water for 30 mins or so to keep from burning.
    Use a fish basket/cage for more easy control of turning the "nuggets" (I usually don't have to use toothpicks if I use the basket.

Variations:
    Use only salt/pepper on breasts, wrap in bacon, grill, brush with BBQ sauce starting about half-way through grilling.

Flatten breasts slightly, place a jalapeno slice and either cream cheese or cheddar on top, fold breast over to make a pouch, then do your wrapping and grilling.

I've made the "pouches" before (minus bacon wrap) filled with an herb/cheese stuffing and used them just like raviolis.

**just realized I bumped an old thread... regardless, this is good.
    Substitute chipotle apricot glaze for bbq sauce - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/b...ipe/index.html

and you have an incredible meal.

emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) emin3m4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    You guys will think I'm nuts, but if you get some good deer sausage, put some beer in a frying pan and boil the sausage slices in the beer until they are nice and hot.

It's friggen amazing.

fopr real? im gonna test it

Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remidog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    Venison (or as I prefer to say.... deer meat) 2 ways

First way:

Cut across tenderloin in thin strips. Fill a bowl with buttermilk and a cap full of worcestershire sauce (an egg can also be added). Mix up contents. Place tenderloin strips in bowl and let marinate....preferably overnight in fridge. Remove tenderloin and roll in flour. Deep fry in HOT grease (just like fish or chicken). OMG......drools...I need to start making this on cheat day....LOL!

2nd way: (actually tastes like pork)
    I am not sure of exact content measurements though. Cut up onions and green peppers in big slices. Cut across tenderloin in thin strips. Mix onions, peppers, and meat together in virgin olive oil. Add Cavender's seasoning. Let marinate overnight. Place onions, pepper, and meat on skewers alternating so that all are on each skewer. Grill to perfection......OMG....drools even more.
    sounds awesome!

Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nail shad to cedar plank. Smoke over low heat/high smoke fire. Remove shad. Eat plank.

Leenaz12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leenaz12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leenaz12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leenaz12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leenaz12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leenaz12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leenaz12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leenaz12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Duck, I only eat the breast. This is from the Tabacso cook book and is my favorite.

Coat well with Tabasco sauce. Throw in well heated Iron pan 2 min a side..Simply awesome.

As they worded it in the cook book: To make sure the Breast is cooked properly, it is best to have a slow gaited waited walk through a warm kitchen.

Really med rare on the duck breast..You will be amazed!

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cooking deer hearts this weekend..

1 deer heart
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup olive oil
    2 sprigs rosemary
    Salt and pepper

Instructions

Clean the heart under cold running water until the water runs clear.
    Cut the heart in half lengthwise so that you have two squares. Trim off the outer white membrane.
    Cut the squares into strips and the strips into small squares.
    Marinate the squares in the balsamic, oil, rosemary, and salt and pepper, covered in plastic for at least an hour.
    Heat a pan over high heat with a bit of oil and quick sear the heart squares, about 1 minute on each side. You want them to be no more than medium rare. Serve immediately!

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post

1 deer heart
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup olive oil
    2 sprigs rosemary
    Salt and pepper

Instructions

Cut the heart in half lengthwise so that you have two squares. Trim off the outer white membrane.
    Marinate the squares in the balsamic, oil, rosemary, and salt and pepper, covered in plastic for at least an hour.
    Heat a pan over high heat with a bit of oil and quick sear the heart squares, about 1 minute on each side. You want them to be no more than medium rare. Serve immediately!
    I'm gonna try that this year. ^

psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

1 deer heart
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup olive oil
    2 sprigs rosemary
    Salt and pepper

Instructions

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    you both disgust me lol
    BRB, going hunting...

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by psychowolverine View Post
    you both disgust me lol
    I've had Elk heart and it was pretty good, it's a different flavor but if you're not scared of new flavors it's not bad. I've been planning to keep hearts from any deer I get the last few years, but I haven't gotten any due to me always duck hunting instead haha.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I haven't tried this recipe yet.. I'm a little leery about the balsamic vinegar, not really a big fan of the flavor of it and I would hate to waste hearts like that don't get many of them. But a friend of mine swears it's a good recipe.

I cooked two earlier this week that I had marinated in just some worstshire sauce, olive oil, garlic, shallots, and a little lime juice + some zest. Sear them on the old side and rare in the middle. I love them.

I like to get them into a marinade like as quickly as possible after removing them and really the sooner you cook them the better IMO.
    Last edited by grace_ou; 04-12-2012 at 09:44 AM.

I haven't tried this recipe yet.. I'm a little leery about the balsamic vinegar, not really a big fan of the flavor of it and I would hate to waste hearts like that don't get many of them. But a friend of mine swears it's a good recipe.

I cooked two earlier this week that I had marinated in just some worstshire sauce, olive oil, garlic, shallots, and a little lime juice + some zest. Sear them on the old side and rare in the middle. I love them.

I like to get them into a marinade like as quickly as possible after removing them and really the sooner you cook them the better IMO.
    Whenever I use balsamic or apple cider vinegar the flavor always seems to cook out and disappear, maybe I'm not using enough.

Whenever I use balsamic or apple cider vinegar the flavor always seems to cook out and disappear, maybe I'm not using enough.
    I think in most recipes that's a good thing.. cause you want the balance and acidity not necessarily the flavor depending on what your cooking.

I think in most recipes that's a good thing.. cause you want the balance and acidity not necessarily the flavor depending on what your cooking.
    That's what I always figured, but it still strikes me as strange. I don't really ever put anything on meats except for a light dusting of whatever powder I have on hand and when I marinate in Allegro, so when I marinate something I expect to taste it but never do with the vinegars. I guess they're doing their job whether I taste it or not.

That's what I always figured, but it still strikes me as strange. I don't really ever put anything on meats except for a light dusting of whatever powder I have on hand and when I marinate in Allegro, so when I marinate something I expect to taste it but never do with the vinegars. I guess they're doing their job whether I taste it or not.
    LOL I was just out buying Game Tame for some bison I'm planning on cooking for dinner.

LOL I was just out buying Game Tame for some bison I'm planning on cooking for dinner.
    Usually when I finally end up making a kill it's an older mature deer and they can be quite gamey. That Game Tame do a good job of getting rid of it?

Usually when I finally end up making a kill it's an older mature deer and they can be quite gamey. That Game Tame do a good job of getting rid of it?
    I've actually rarely use game tame for that purpose but yeah it does. LOL I use it in Asian inspired dishes because it has so much soy sauce flavor that it pairs very well when using any game type meat in Asian dishes. Makes great fried rice exp with a little fish sauce.

Crazy, sounds good though. I really should learn some more culinary skills. Anything I grill always comes out fantastic, but that's about it, put me in the kitchen and I struggle to reach mediocrity. At least I've got baked sweet potatoes down.

Peaking Bison and pepper stir fry dinner for me ..

6 oz bison cut into strips for faster cooking
    red bell pepper strips
    yellow bell pepper strips
    sweet onions
    green onions
    grated ginger
    garlic
    little brown sugar
    little sesame oil
    little fish sauce
    little game tame

Mix all that in a bag for about 30 minutes then seperate meat.. Stir fry veggies..

Caramelize the veggies a bit in caster iron pan on medium high heat, spread out and sear the bison in the center of veggies. Pretty simple don't over cook the bison. Add bread and beer, no plate needed.

My goodness that looks fanfreakingtastic! ^^

My goodness that looks fanfreakingtastic! ^^
    Best part is you can eat with the bread and you don't even need a plate or fork! No dishes to wash!

Rosemary Salt-Crusted Venison with Cherry-Cabernet Sauce

8 large shallots, peeled and quartered (about 1/2 pound)
    4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
    2 venison tenderloins, trimmed (about 9 ounces each)
    1 teaspoon Rosemary Salt, divided
    1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
    1 cup cabernet sauvignon or other dry red wine
    3/4 cup dried cherries
    1 1/2 cups less-sodium beef broth
    1 tablespoon water
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1 1/2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    Rosemary sprigs (optional)

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400°.
    Combine shallots and 2 teaspoons oil; toss well. Arrange shallots in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan.
    Rub venison evenly with 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary Salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add venison; cook 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove venison from pan; arrange on top of shallots in roasting pan. Bake at 400° for 17 minutes or until a thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare). Remove venison and shallots from pan. Keep venison warm. Chop shallots.
    Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, wine, and cherries; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes), scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add broth and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary Salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 2 cups (about 5 minutes). Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butter and juice. Cut venison across grain into thin slices; serve venison with sauce. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.

Made this for dinner tonight was absolutely amazing...

Now you're just rubbing it in!