Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wjs010 View Post
    but I just wish we could use less budget for military jets that costs billions that we never use, on schooling so that it could Atleast be cheaper. Not free but definitely cheaper.
    Subsidizing education is what has made it so expensive.

Originally Posted by flairon View Post
    Actually, maybe you have an answer kind of.

I could see CERTAIN degrees being heavily subsidized or even free. We have a major need for teachers, engineers..etc. If THOSE degrees were paid for, or some kind of deal where they work for the VA or something like that for 5 years, then i think that would be doable. But you have to pay for your liberal arts degrees
    You don't need the government for any of that though if someone is working for a degree that will allow good returns in the future private entities would be willing to loan them money. They would do it a lot more reasonably then the government ever will.

Registered physio(almost) wjs010's Avatar
    wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How can you be sure though man? And would these private lenders have more or less interest? Rates that is. And if that is so much better then why isn't it already being done? Did you see the Australian guys post up there and how his education is? I really think that is a reasonable way. The reality is that college has grown into a young persons " live it up no matter what" fairy tale ( I speak from experience lol) and they get loans in undergrad in some basketweaving major. They can't possibly think they are going to pay back these loans with the type of mindset they have. College is fairly easy to make good grades if you work hard enough. But I think if health and science majors had a cheaper education, then the liberal arts majors would probably just occupy cocksuck street and lobby for their cheaper education too. I think it's just human nature unfortunately.
    Originally Posted by ProLibertas View Post

You don't need the government for any of that though if someone is working for a degree that will allow good returns in the future private entities would be willing to loan them money. They would do it a lot more reasonably then the government ever will.

ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000) ProLibertas is just really nice. (+1000)
    How can you be sure though man? And would these private lenders have more or less interest? Rates that is.
    People want to make money. It's just like getting a loan or investment to start a business the lenders/investors look at your plan or in this a case degree or grades then decide if its worth it. Obviously this would result in a lot less degrees in basket weaving but in fields that are in demand (doctors, engineers) would have no problem getting loans.
    About interest rates, they would be affordable because they have to be no one will take an unaffordable loan or if they do the private entity will lose money when they can't pay it back (the government does not have this problem) Private groups will also be in competition with each other resulting in lower prices.
    You shouldn't even need a loan to go to school. It is because of government involvement the cost has gotten so high that it is a lot harder to work your way through it.

Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've never heard of 4.0 med students not getting jobs. I'm going in to PT ( not personal training .. I'm already a trainer, but physical therapy) and I frequent the student doctor network boards. Not ONE single PT I've ever heard about or talked to has regretted the massive loans they had to get to go to pt school.

A certain part of me wants to be. Biased and say that certain degrees don't deserve to be paid for. I'm sorry if that sounds bad, but I can't imagine tax payers wasting money on someone's music degree. It's not a knock on music majors. I am glad they do what they enjoy, but their major does not contribute to the betterment of modern society . Healthcare does and will always be needed. Physics does, math, education majors definitely, engineering, biology, etc. but not sociology c'mon. My uncle got a degree in that and worked in a random company until here tired.

I am torn between both arguments because although Ido think we should have to pay for our education, but I just wish we could use less budget for military jets that costs billions that we never use, on schooling so that it could Atleast be cheaper. Not free but definitely cheaper. I agree that people just don't wanna ****in work though
    Bureaucrats do not know nor care what benefits society. The only people who can reasonably make that call are the individuals who make up that society, as you are doing now.

Taking away your right to choose through idiocy like subsidies is in direct opposition to this.
    Official misc attaché to the Kremlin
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

Registered User JohnnyDestroyer's Avatar
    JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Why doesnt somebody pay for the six years I spent minoring in criminal justice and majoring in PHOTOGRAPHY?!?!

bunch of phucking losers...

feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feedmelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JohnnyDestroyer View Post
    Why doesnt somebody pay for the six years I spent minoring in criminal justice and majoring in PHOTOGRAPHY?!?!

bunch of phucking losers...
    But you're going to be valuable to society!

flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

the point is to draw more people into the degree field that we need, and not the ones everyone wants just so they can say they have a degree

Registered physio(almost) wjs010's Avatar
    wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Makes sense to me. I like the sound of it. I guess it will never happen though since it would actually benefit people I am confused now though. When I got loans, I got them through sallie Mae , but the lender was mutual of Omaha or something like that I forgot. So is this govt involvement or private?
    People want to make money. It's just like getting a loan or investment to start a business the lenders/investors look at your plan or in this a case degree or grades then decide if its worth it. Obviously this would result in a lot less degrees in basket weaving but in fields that are in demand (doctors, engineers) would have no problem getting loans.
    About interest rates, they would be affordable because they have to be no one will take an unaffordable loan or if they do the private entity will lose money when they can't pay it back (the government does not have this problem) Private groups will also be in competition with each other resulting in lower prices.
    You shouldn't even need a loan to go to school. It is because of government involvement the cost has gotten so high that it is a lot harder to work your way through it.

Originally Posted by flairon View Post
    the point is to draw more people into the degree field that we need, and not the ones everyone wants just so they can say they have a degree
    |Yes that's exactly what I just outlined will do.
    Makes sense to me. I like the sound of it. I guess it will never happen though since it would actually benefit people I am confused now though. When I got loans, I got them through sallie Mae , but the lender was mutual of Omaha or something like that I forgot. So is this govt involvement or private?
    It was the way it used to work. (at least more so then today) Not sure exactly but they are very intertwined today for example I believe you can't get out of student loans even if you declare bankruptcy. Why worry about who your loaning to if there's no chance you won't get your money?

Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Private lenders, but backed by the government if you default.

Same thing the government did with real estate. Didn't that turn out well?
    Official misc attaché to the Kremlin
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!