NattyMuscle13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How many types of Progressive Overload are there?

I hear of people preaching about not ging to failure and just adding weight for each set?

I've been following AthleanX's program and one of his programs is about going to failure and them some, I'm getting good results and know Jeff knows what he is talking about.

What're your guy's opinions?

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you're getting good results and you are satisfied, keep doing what you are doing.
    If you're not getting good results and are unsatisfied, you need to do something different.
    What may work for one person may not work for someone else, and vice versa.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jeff doesn't have a clue when it comes to programming. He's mostly into making money out of bull****.

That said you can get results from most things given consistency. Whether it's a good plan or not...
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbeFroman12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Jeff doesn't have a clue when it comes to programming. He's mostly into making money out of bull****.

That said you can get results from most things given consistency. Whether it's a good plan or not...
    I generally agree with this after doing research and watching a lot of YouTubers. He's a physical therapist that seems to advocate a very varied sort of program (if it's even a program at all). His stuff sort of reminds me of something like P90X, although he does now a lot about exercise / lift proper form and how to correct certain related issues. Not sure I would pay for his programs when I can find something here free (All Pro, Viking, or Fierce 5). But if it is working for you and getting you to your goals, OP, I'd stay at it. Just not sure how much "progression" is built into Jeff's products.

NattyMuscle13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AbeFroman12 View Post
    I generally agree with this after doing research and watching a lot of YouTubers. He's a physical therapist that seems to advocate a very varied sort of program (if it's even a program at all). His stuff sort of reminds me of something like P90X, although he does now a lot about exercise / lift proper form and how to correct certain related issues. Not sure I would pay for his programs when I can find something here free (All Pro, Viking, or Fierce 5). But if it is working for you and getting you to your goals, OP, I'd stay at it. Just not sure how much "progression" is built into Jeff's products.
    Do you guys know if there is more than one type of Progressive overload , when it comes to building muscle naturally

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NattyMuscle13 View Post
    Do you guys know if there is more than one type of Progressive overload , when it comes to building muscle naturally
    Why do you mean by type?

Progressive overload is just doing more over time.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can
    Increase: weight, sets, reps, frequency that you hit a muscle
    Decrease: rest time between sets
    Add intensifiers: tempo of set, negatives, pausing reps, supersets, compound sets, drop sets, forced reps and more

All of these are things that can add “progressive overload”

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post

This. I think he's a bafoon. "hOw tO tArGeT iNnEr cHeSt" gtfo

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sammywatkins View Post
    You can
    Increase: weight, sets, reps, frequency that you hit a muscle
    Decrease: rest time between sets
    Add intensifiers: tempo of set, negatives, pausing reps, supersets, compound sets, drop sets, forced reps and more

All of these are things that can add “progressive overload”
    Improved execution is also a huge part of progression that most people need to work on the most but everyone just ignores and focuses on load and volume

12 pack > 6 pack PurmaBulker1984's Avatar
    PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jk202 View Post
    Improved execution is also a huge part of progression that most people need to work on the most but everyone just ignores and focuses on load and volume
    this x 10. My weights haven't moved on top lifts in a year, but my mass has exploded by improving form and rom. Also adding pauses has been very effective.
    Current max
    325 bb bench
    295 incl bb bench
    275 push press.

Married w/ 2 kids crew

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jeff’s programs and vision are more about lifestyle, health, and sports training. He markets heavily to bodybuilding crowd though. He believes in clean eating and recomping, not cut/bulk.

He always focuses on long term not necessarily what is gonna get you the most amount of muscle in one year’s time.

As far as training to failure goes, it’s not necessary, but not necessarily bad either (probably not ideal if I remember the data correctly).

We dont encourage program hopping especially if you are making progress, but the routines here are more tailored specifically to bodybuilding and the cut/bulk cycle.

MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hear of people preaching about not ging to failure and just adding weight for each set?

I've been following AthleanX's program and one of his programs is about going to failure and them some, I'm getting good results and know Jeff knows what he is talking about.

What're your guy's opinions?
    I have heard arguments to both sides ever since I was a kid ... I tried both methods they both work. I actually when I powerlifted and did olympic lifting got better results when I did not go to failure. That was a different focus though then now, strength gains. The benefit of not going to failure for each set is you can get a higher volume in your workouts easier and train that body part more often since you don't tire your body out. Like when I did Olympic Lifting we would do squats 5-6 days a week, but our sets were never till failure it was always based off a percentage off your max.

Now that my focus is on bulking up and not strength, I do a lot of sets to failure and beyond failure. I will say take a set of tricep pushdowns to failure at lets say 8 reps, drop the weight do another 3-5 reps, drop weight another 3-5 reps. Drop down and try to do as many pushups as I can immediately after the pushdowns. This seems to work well for bulking and adding mass. You would see Lou Ferrigno in Pumping Iron do drop sets beyond failure.