sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharris7310 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best protein powder

How do you compare protein powders to determine optimal product?

How do you compare JymPro vs Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard? Both look great. Can you go wrong with choosing one vs other?

What about MyProtein Whey Protein Isolate, which receives amazing reviews from Labdoor?

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First I don't trust Labdoor, second looking at the ingredients since I prefer a blend of protein i.e. whey + casein and probably equally important is flavor as I look for trustworthy reviews
    My secret? Texting between sets.

emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I prefer Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, why? Because all their flavors were all great and the most important thing to consider, low fat, low sugar and low lactose.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ON’s flavour system is average at best.
    Strong & Unstable

bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I go with myprotein
    Mint isolate is amazing imo

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dymatize

emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post
    ON’s flavour system is average at best.
    Maybe it's my taste buds. I liked ON better than any brand.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by emilbobbycooper View Post
    Maybe it's my taste buds, or I just haven't tried any other brands, but I liked ON better than any brand.
    Fixed.

Seriously though OP. In the context of a high protein diet, protein is protein outside of collagen or collagen-based sources like BeefIso or IsoBeef. Use whatever fits your macros and budget and you like the taste. There is no "BEST." Outside of flavoring and that's subjective.

DO NOT. Let me repeat DO NOT use LabDoor for any reason.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you don't handle certain milk products well, brands will differ on that front as well.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Could not go wrong with any reputed brands.

Go with either the two you mentioned or Dymatize, PES Select, Cellucor, SAN.
    My Reviews:- http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/supplement-reviews/sakmsb

pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try both for a week and see how your body reacts. Reviews only go so far.

lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pwsewater View Post
    Try both for a week and see how your body reacts. Reviews only go so far.
    This is like saying try chicken week one and beef week two and see how your body reacts. It's just food.

The only thing that could happen with a protein powder is some allergy or intolerance. If you're unaware of a lactose intolerance, for example, you have bigger issues than which powdered food you're buying.

Retired account

Registered User bobsaccamanno41's Avatar
    bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by sharris7310 View Post
    How do you compare protein powders to determine optimal product?

How do you compare JymPro vs Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard? Both look great. Can you go wrong with choosing one vs other?

What about MyProtein Whey Protein Isolate, which receives amazing reviews from Labdoor?
    To answer your question directly, look at the label. Look at the protein ratio (i.e. how many grams of protein per scoop), and look at whether they're pumping a bunch of needless fillers in there.

A lot of brands will pump all sorts of junk in there to improve the taste, etc, which many times results in the carb content shooting up, as well as other stuff that just isn't needed in a protein powder. Also, you want to stay away from Milk Proteins if you can in a Whey supplement. Just a cheaper, low quality protein source that gets dumped into a lot of powders to up the protein per serving without giving a high quality source.

Personally, I think Rule 1 is the best protein on the market. They have to main types of whey that they sell - pure isolate/hydrolosate, and then they have a concentrate blend that has hydrolosate/isolate and concentrate. The blend version is a little cheaper, and is more similar to ON Gold Standard in both profile and price. Their main powder though, I think is far superior. No carbs, most flavors stick around the 100-110 calorie range, and if you look at the labels, there's basically no fillers or unneeded junk in there. Their protein ratio is something like 83% (25 g. protein per 30 g. scoop).

Prior to moving to Rule 1, I had a tub of Muscle Milk as well as a couple tubs of Syntha 6 that I had got for really cheap. If you compare the labels of Rule 1 with Syntha 6 you'll see what I'm talking about. Syntha has an ingredient list that is a mile long, has a ton of carbs per scoop, and have huge 40+g. scoops with something like 24 g. of protein per scoop. And each scoop is 200 calories.

But at the end of the day, it really depends on what you're looking for and how much your willing to spend. Cheaper proteins will have more fillers and lower quality protein sources than the more expensive brands (generally). But I think generally speaking, if you're looking for a protein powder as a supplement for your workouts, look for powders that are primarily hydrolosate/isolate. concentrate is fine, but just be careful that they're not throwing milk proteins and other garbage in there. If you're looking for a meal replacement type protein shake, I think something like Syntha 6 or Muscle Milk wouldn't necessarily be a bad option, but I wouldn't use it as my primary protein supplement for my workouts.

But in my opinion - Rule 1 is the best out there at the moment. And the taste is as good as, if not better, than any other powder I've tried outside of Syntha 6.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bobsaccamanno41 View Post
    To answer your question directly, look at the label. Look at the protein ratio (i.e. how many grams of protein per scoop), and look at whether they're pumping a bunch of needless fillers in there.

A lot of brands will pump all sorts of junk in there to improve the taste, etc, which many times results in the carb content shooting up, as well as other stuff that just isn't needed in a protein powder. Also, you want to stay away from Milk Proteins if you can in a Whey supplement. Just a cheaper, low quality protein source that gets dumped into a lot of powders to up the protein per serving without giving a high quality source.

Personally, I think Rule 1 is the best protein on the market. They have to main types of whey that they sell - pure isolate/hydrolosate, and then they have a concentrate blend that has hydrolosate/isolate and concentrate. The blend version is a little cheaper, and is more similar to ON Gold Standard in both profile and price. Their main powder though, I think is far superior. No carbs, most flavors stick around the 100-110 calorie range, and if you look at the labels, there's basically no fillers or unneeded junk in there. Their protein ratio is something like 83% (25 g. protein per 30 g. scoop).

Prior to moving to Rule 1, I had a tub of Muscle Milk as well as a couple tubs of Syntha 6 that I had got for really cheap. If you compare the labels of Rule 1 with Syntha 6 you'll see what I'm talking about. Syntha has an ingredient list that is a mile long, has a ton of carbs per scoop, and have huge 40+g. scoops with something like 24 g. of protein per scoop. And each scoop is 200 calories.

But at the end of the day, it really depends on what you're looking for and how much your willing to spend. Cheaper proteins will have more fillers and lower quality protein sources than the more expensive brands (generally). But I think generally speaking, if you're looking for a protein powder as a supplement for your workouts, look for powders that are primarily hydrolosate/isolate. concentrate is fine, but just be careful that they're not throwing milk proteins and other garbage in there. If you're looking for a meal replacement type protein shake, I think something like Syntha 6 or Muscle Milk wouldn't necessarily be a bad option, but I wouldn't use it as my primary protein supplement for my workouts.

But in my opinion - Rule 1 is the best out there at the moment. And the taste is as good as, if not better, than any other powder I've tried outside of Syntha 6.
    Lmao. No.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Registered User bobsaccamanno41's Avatar
    bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000) bobsaccamanno41 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Lmao. No.
    Out of curiosity, what do you take issue with in my post?

They asked for an opinion and I gave it based on my use.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Out of curiosity, what do you take issue with in my post?

They asked for an opinion and I gave it based on my use.
    You have a few glaring errors, but i'll point out the largest:

Also, you want to stay away from Milk Proteins if you can in a Whey supplement. Just a cheaper, low quality protein source that gets dumped into a lot of powders to up the protein per serving without giving a high quality source.
    look for powders that are primarily hydrolosate/isolate. concentrate is fine, but just be careful that they're not throwing milk proteins and other garbage in there

What is whey protein a byproduct of?
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Registered User powermindset333's Avatar
    powermindset333 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I find Nutricost Whey Protein Concentrate (Unflavored) 5LBS to be a good value, mixes well with water, and has a mild neutral flavor easy to consume daily.

pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pwsewater has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    This is like saying try chicken week one and beef week two and see how your body reacts. It's just food.

The only thing that could happen with a protein powder is some allergy or intolerance. If you're unaware of a lactose intolerance, for example, you have bigger issues than which powdered food you're buying.
    No. You are comparing two different things. That's like saying a steak from Walmart is no different then Kobe steak, so no need to try both because they are both beef.

Originally Posted by pwsewater View Post
    No. You are comparing two different things. That's like saying a steak from Walmart is no different then Kobe steak, so no need to try both because they are both beef.
    LOL. Stop it. Beef is beef. Differing cuts have differing macros (eg. fatrotein ratio), but it's still beef. Beef from walmart with the same macro breakdown of kobe beef is the same. They are not different things. They are both sources of protein. In the context of a high protein diet of varied sources, protein is protein as long as we're not talking about collagen or collagen based sources. Meet your macro daily with whatever is convenient and you'll be fine.

Your body isn't going to "react differently" to source A versus source B. Your body is going to digest and use the amino acids as it sees fit. Source A isn't going to make a magical difference versus source B. In the end, it's all amino acids and if you're eating from varied sources and meeting your macro, your body will get all the amino acids it needs.

Stop over complicating things.

Retired account