alex76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to gain muscle mass for ectomorph?

Hi,

My friend have an ectomorph built. Everytime he trys to gain mass by taking MRP or Weight gainer, he will ends up having a big tummy. He does weight together with me and he teaches hi/lo impact aerobics and steps twice weekly, so that shouldn't describe him of being lack in cardio training.

What kind of workout/diet that will help his body to properly distribute the mass instead of building up in the stomach area?

Thanks

justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justin00008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well the added cardio isnt helping, but since it seems to be a priority he'll have to work around it....he should be taking in sufficient amounts of protein, carbs, and fats (healthy fats mostly)...as for the weights, he should stick to compound lifts.....theres a ton of great info in the stickies...

Justin

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alex76
    Hi,

My friend have an ectomorph built. Everytime he trys to gain mass by taking MRP or Weight gainer, he will ends up having a big tummy. He does weight together with me and he teaches hi/lo impact aerobics and steps twice weekly, so that shouldn't describe him of being lack in cardio training.

What kind of workout/diet that will help his body to properly distribute the mass instead of building up in the stomach area?

Thanks
    Ectomorphs have a fast metabolism, can eat an amount of carbs that would make most people fat due to their short digestive tract, and need a TON of protein due to the previous.

Their long limbs make compounds work well for them, though they are usually not STRONG on them; these are the guys who can use BBs for most of their exercises to good effect.

I suggest short, frequent workouts for each bodypart, using compound exercises. Do NOT train to failure; ectomorphs are notoriously high strung and overtrain quickly. Maybe 4 exercises per day.

The fact that your friend gets a stomach quickly makes me wonder if he is truly ectomorphic.

People confuse "lean" with ectomorphic. You can be a "lean" endomorph.

You're a tiger, ARRRRGH! GarethCheeseman's Avatar
    GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ectomorphs need high calorie and very high protein diets and to drop crdio if they want to pack on weight

Weight gainers are a waste of money, they're great for getting fat but protein poweder is all you need for adding lean muscle mass, perhaps a protein and carb powder but nothing with the words 'weight gain' on the tub
    "Yeah, and I'm a Dutchman"

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    Ectomorphs have a fast metabolism, can eat an amount of carbs that would make most people fat due to their short digestive tract, and need a TON of protein due to the previous.

Their long limbs make compounds work well for them, though they are usually not STRONG on them; these are the guys who can use BBs for most of their exercises to good effect.

I suggest short, frequent workouts for each bodypart, using compound exercises. Do NOT train to failure; ectomorphs are notoriously high strung and overtrain quickly. Maybe 4 exercises per day.

The fact that your friend gets a stomach quickly makes me wonder if he is truly ectomorphic.

People confuse "lean" with ectomorphic. You can be a "lean" endomorph.

Ok, the part where you said "dont train until failure" specially caught my attention, mainly because this goes against everything i've heard.
    Personally i know that if i dont keep a level of intensity that is challenging for me, and if i dont train until failure, I've been wasting my time, without having any gains whatsoever.

It is true however that overtraining is counterproductive, meaning that if necessary letting your body have 2-4 days of rest for recovery between each workout.

But yea...the part about not training to failure, id like a second opinion about that !

gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cocktapuss View Post
    It is true however that overtraining is counterproductive, meaning that if necessary letting your body have 2-4 days of rest for recovery between each workout.

But yea...the part about not training to failure, id like a second opinion about that !
    an ectomorph's CNS is better suited to more frequent moderate efforts, rather than just a few excessively strenuous efforts with a lot of rest in between. beileve it or not, different ppl have different strengths w.r.t nervous system, muscular system, digestive system ...etc.

Originally Posted by cocktapuss View Post
    Ok, the part where you said "dont train until failure" especially caught my attention, mainly because this goes against everything i've heard
    u seem to have a pretty narrow outlook on training. let me guess - u a hitter?
    enjoy-
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=634720
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...=591896&page=2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=566570
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fundamentally there's no difference in the basic approach, beyond being even more wary of high volume. It just might be more difficult and take longer. I'm 6'1 with 6.0" wrists. Is there anyone here more 'ectomorphic' than that? You get strong, you eat your protein, make the scale do what it needs to relative to your bodyfat and your potential for strength gains at a given time, rinse and repeat for many months. And you manage expectations, because simply put, with a very light bone structure he's NEVER gonna be freaky big or have measurements that stand as impressive 'e-stats'. Get him to seek out goal physiques that are attainable.

Drop the garbage 'weight gainers' though. If he wants an extra 200grams of sugar a day, he's as well saving his money & just drinking 3ltrs of brand own Pepsi. For allot of easy calories, whole milk & eggs are the solution.
    Last edited by Hut*Hut; 09-02-2010 at 04:49 AM.
    To guys starting out - please understand: when you can deadlift 450lb for 10 reps your back, hamstrings & traps will reflect THAT not which program you used to get there. When you can curl 150 for 10, your biceps will reflect THAT, not which program, rep range or method you used to get there. There is no voodoo independent of poundage progression, just faster and slower ways of getting to your next pit stop.

alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Hut*Hut View Post
    Fundamentally there's no difference in the basic approach, beyond being even more wary of high volume. It just might be more difficult and take longer. I'm 6'1 with 6.0" wrists. Is there anyone here more 'ectomorphic' than that? You get strong, you eat your protein, make the scale do what it needs to relative to your bodyfat and your potential for strength gains at a given time, rinse and repeat for many months. And you manage expectations, because simply put, with a very light bone structure he's NEVER gonna be freaky big or have measurements that stand as impressive 'e-stats'. Get him to seek out goal physiques that are attainable.

Drop the garbage 'weight gainers' though. If he wants an extra 200grams of sugar a day, he's as well saving his money & just drinking 3ltrs of brand own Pepsi. For allot of easy calories, whole milk & eggs are the solution.

glycocharge is the ultimate weight gainers for ecto/hardgainers, it has 0 sugar in it and 100% carbs.

hey Hut*Hut im a hardgainer/ecto and i have high protein and high carbs in my meals but i wasnt going to put protein in my shake, i just wanted to add 100% carbs in my shake(is that bad?? because I wana just gain so much weight from carbs so i can bulk up quicker, is that good?, do u rekon it would be a good side gainer with beating alot of meals if u needed the extra cals and carbs to bulk better, its a waxy maize drink and slow digesting but its the best waxy maize(like healthiest ive seen)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/jsn/glycocharge.html

it seems like its not that unhealthy? what do u rekon

Everyone says to get http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nb/mass.html

Nature's best IsoPure Max which is the most natural carb shake around for ectos but it has 1.5 grams sat fat while my glycocharge doesnt. Also it doesnt have anywhere near the carbs glyco has since its half carbs half protein with bcaa & vitamins in it & I dont get how glycocharge is more unhealthier even though its waxy maize, is it unhealthy just because its waxy maize? but i mean it says glyco has 0 sugar no fat it in
    Last edited by alexyboi; 04-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.

alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alexyboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Hut*Hut View Post

oh and man would u know whatst he best BCAA and Creatine for ectomorphs?

for the future only not now im considering, would size on(creatine) and xtend/or ngage(bcaas) be good

if u have a creatine or bcaa is it ok if u can share yours coz im ectomorph 2 :SS

tyyyy