Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndyBendy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have 4 months of going to the gym without a stable workout routine and this looks really solid.
    In this 4 months I did a bro split routine of 4 days a week, training mostly for hypertrophy, 3x10-12 reps for each exercise and I've seen pretty good results.
    I've been doing your program for 3 weeks and I dig it, but I would like to add 2 more days, tuesday-chest/triceps, and thursday-back/biceps, consisting of low weight, high rep exercises for additional muscle growth.
    I can deffinetely take it, but I am afraid of overtraining. What do you think?

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry I didn’t notice this when it first popped up.

Originally Posted by TopHeavyMirin View Post
    -there are 5 "pulling" movements per week. and only 4 pushing movements per week (A B A)
    -10 pulling movements and only 2 pushing movement (B A B) dont you think thats putting maybye too much emphasis on pulling? maybye swap out that lat pulldown for some kind of push?
    Most people do too much pushing and not enough pulling. I’ve never seen an overdeveloped back yet either. Some folks argue there should be a 2:1 pull/push ratio and I’ve found that for me personally and those who have tried this the more pulling tends to be beneficial.

-can i swap out deadlifts for pullups (good back exercises) if i dont want to deadlift?
    -can i swap out leg press for squats (injury)
    Squats and deadlifts are two of the best exercises you can do. Why don’t you want to deadlift? What injury prevents you from squatting? I have two herniated discs and clean, deadlift, and squat every week right now.

-why no direct tricep work? is the idea to get really good at pressing so your triceps grow from that?
    -no direct isolation work but i suppose those chins will be good, can you do them weighted? or stick to bodyweight?
    There is an option to add in accessory work after several weeks. Most people would find better growth focusing their effort on bumping up their big lifts at first rather than majoring in the minors. Weighted chins are good to go.

-what to do if you notice lagging bodyparts halfway through the program from not getting any direct work? (traps, calves, forearms, biceps, triceps, rear delts)
    In the main thread I explain how to approach this. Basically it’s adding 1-2 accessory exercises after you’ve run the base program for a while to address any areas you think need work.

GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AndyBendy View Post
    I have 4 months of going to the gym without a stable workout routine and this looks really solid.
    In this 4 months I did a bro split routine of 4 days a week, training mostly for hypertrophy, 3x10-12 reps for each exercise and I've seen pretty good results.
    I've been doing your program for 3 weeks and I dig it, but I would like to add 2 more days, tuesday-chest/triceps, and thursday-back/biceps, consisting of low weight, high rep exercises for additional muscle growth.
    I can deffinetely take it, but I am afraid of overtraining. What do you think?
    Add 50 pounds to your bench and rows then see how your arm development is going. If you need accessory work, read the main thread in how to approach it.

Stenning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stenning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Greyskull?

How is this program different or better than Greyskull LP? Or specifically Phraks variant of GSLP?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Stenning View Post
    How is this program different or better than Greyskull LP? Or specifically Phraks variant of GSLP?

Thanks.
    Any effective beginner program is going to be similar in many ways. This is just some different rep schemes, it's autoregulating, and a bigger emphasis on upper body pulls if you want to simplify it down to those terms.

ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100) ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100) ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100) ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100) ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100) ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100) ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100) ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100) ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100) ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100) ThatDudeTheres is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post

The only complaint I got is from one of the guys (Matt) as he had to wear sweatpants for several days because his thighs grew so fast he couldn’t fit into any of his pants and he was in between paychecks when he discovered none of his pants fit.
    I'll never understand the skinny jeans thing.

mellymelce is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up savage work-out plan

hell yeah💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽
    self discipline is everything

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Had to take Dec and Jan off for a medical issue but I'm back on this but made a couple small changes.

My shoulder mobility is absolute chit right now and I actually hurt it (tendonitis most likely) in the fall when squatting of all things - though I also felt it when pressing and to a lesser degree benching. So I press with a neutral grip bar - which is actually good since I registered for my first strongman comp and the grips are more like the log. But I also replaced squatting with SSB box squats - a) no shoulder issue b) likely a better carry over to strongman c) I've never felt right squatting and can't put my finger on why, tried many things and worked with a coach - but the box squats feel really good. So I switched the workouts to A) Bench, Axle Deads, Pull downs - cause I can do those in my homegym (especially the pull downs with my homemade fat lat bar) and B) Press, SSB Box squats, Rows cause I go to a PL/SM gym so I can OHP (can't in my basement) and they have the SSB.

Anyway - thanks again Grouchy cause I really dig this program. This might be better in DM - but I am going to ask for an intermediate version of this soon - I have a weird custody schedule so the ABAB format works perfectly in it and allows me to line my press/squat days at the gym that other formats won't.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Had to take Dec and Jan off for a medical issue but I'm back on this but made a couple small changes.

My shoulder mobility is absolute chit right now and I actually hurt it (tendonitis most likely) in the fall when squatting of all things - though I also felt it when pressing and to a lesser degree benching. So I press with a neutral grip bar - which is actually good since I registered for my first strongman comp and the grips are more like the log. But I also replaced squatting with SSB box squats - a) no shoulder issue b) likely a better carry over to strongman c) I've never felt right squatting and can't put my finger on why, tried many things and worked with a coach - but the box squats feel really good. So I switched the workouts to A) Bench, Axle Deads, Pull downs - cause I can do those in my homegym (especially the pull downs with my homemade fat lat bar) and B) Press, SSB Box squats, Rows cause I go to a PL/SM gym so I can OHP (can't in my basement) and they have the SSB.

Anyway - thanks again Grouchy cause I really dig this program. This might be better in DM - but I am going to ask for an intermediate version of this soon - I have a weird custody schedule so the ABAB format works perfectly in it and allows me to line my press/squat days at the gym that other formats won't.
    PM me when you can, I'll help you work something out. I have the intermediate upper/lower but based off of your schedule I might have a more useful alternative for you.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    PM me when you can, I'll help you work something out. I have the intermediate upper/lower but based off of your schedule I might have a more useful alternative for you.
    SWEET - I'll get you a DM over the weekend
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

StephenCooksey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sound Good.
    Both Workout plans A & B for beginner PowerBuilder are effective & result-oriented, which also help in gaining bodyweight.

I'm still interested but I am still riding this out and I want to milk it as long as I can before moving to something else. Had a few set back days but still progressing (switching to all lifts at home changed somethings around, like dead lifting with an axel)
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

barbwaters is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great thread! very informative

chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisjustlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome split. Programs like this have definitely gotten me back in the game.

I'll be trying the rep scheme on the exercises listed, it seems like a nice change of pace. I also like the "built in deload", due to the weight moved down if/when there are missed reps.

Really excited to get started on this, that first post was HYPE.

I'm coming from a 3x5, 5x5, and 3x3 program that had heavy triples and heavy singles built in every second Friday. I think this will provide a nice run for the rest of the year to get some size and build up my strength with the progression.

Anyway, I'm rambling

Just wanted to drop by and say this is inspiring! READY TO WORK.

Originally Posted by chrisjustlifts View Post
    Awesome split. Programs like this have definitely gotten me back in the game.

I'll be trying the rep scheme on the exercises listed, it seems like a nice change of pace. I also like the "built in deload", due to the weight moved down if/when there are missed reps.

Really excited to get started on this, that first post was HYPE.

I'm coming from a 3x5, 5x5, and 3x3 program that had heavy triples and heavy singles built in every second Friday. I think this will provide a nice run for the rest of the year to get some size and build up my strength with the progression.

Anyway, I'm rambling

Just wanted to drop by and say this is inspiring! READY TO WORK.
    Awesome, go get some!

Registered User pseudoephedrine's Avatar
    pseudoephedrine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Grouchy! How would the progressions in weight change for the main lifts if i can't increment in the originally stated increments? The only plates i have are 5kg, 10kg, 20kg and 25kg.

Originally Posted by pseudoephedrine View Post
    Hey Grouchy! How would the progressions in weight change for the main lifts if i can't increment in the originally stated increments? The only plates i have are 5kg, 10kg, 20kg and 25kg.
    Are you lifting at home or at a commercial gym? I’ve recommended chains to those who need extra steps in between.

ryudojo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was thinking of getting into powerbuilding. ill start a journal today for sure

DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DZdun7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is there an app for this program?

Originally Posted by DZdun7 View Post
    is there an app for this program?
    There is not. I am not that tech savvy unfortunately.

Registered User LieutenantDan95's Avatar
    LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LieutenantDan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can I add cardio to this program while eating at maintenance calories for a recomp?

I’ve been off track for a while and have been undisciplined since COVID and have gained A LOT of unwanted fat. I want to trim down but not do a full cut as I’m 6’4 and still considered lean as far as limb muscle goes..don’t want to look even skinnier. (Never tried a recomp)

Don’t know if this program wa specifically for bulking or not.
    Last edited by LieutenantDan95; 12-01-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Originally Posted by LieutenantDan95 View Post
    Can I add cardio to this program while eating at maintenance calories for a recomp?

I’ve been off track for a while and have been undisciplined since COVID and have gained A LOT of unwanted fat. I want to trim down but not do a full cut as I’m 6’4 and still considered lean as far as limb muscle goes..don’t want to look even skinnier. (Never tried a recomp)

Don’t know if this program wa specifically for bulking or not.
    Unless you add in hours of cardio per week it's worth a shot.

pinkflamingo10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unless you add in hours of cardio per week it's worth a shot.
    Hey Grouchy I'm not OP but I just did this today for the first time and it was absolutely brutal thank you, it's a hell of a routine. By the way the 5+-4-3-2-1 is literally insane. For kilograms should I up the weight by rounding up or rounding down? For example, 10 lbs is 4.4kg should I round to 5 which is just over 11 lbs or round down to 4kg which is 8.8lbs?
    Last edited by pinkflamingo10; 12-11-2020 at 01:22 AM. Reason: more info

Originally Posted by pinkflamingo10 View Post
    Hey Grouchy I'm not OP but I just did this today for the first time and it was absolutely brutal thank you, it's a hell of a routine. By the way the 5+-4-3-2-1 is literally insane. For kilograms should I up the weight by rounding up or rounding down? For example, 10 lbs is 4.4kg should I round to 5 which is just over 11 lbs or round down to 4kg which is 8.8lbs?
    I'm glad you like it.

Kilos definitely makes it trickier. If you have the option to go 4kg instead of 5kg, err on the side of caution and go lighter. It allows more growth in the long run.

I'm glad you like it.

Kilos definitely makes it trickier. If you have the option to go 4kg instead of 5kg, err on the side of caution and go lighter. It allows more growth in the long run.
    Hey man yeah I might continue this powerbuilding routine probably after my LP gains end, I just tried it once for some variety and fun. Is this advisable to run at your LP phase? (had a lot of fun with it)

This is LP as well just auto regulating so yes absolutely.

This is LP as well just auto regulating so yes absolutely.
    Alright man I might make a workout log here, although I'm a bit busy with school right now so I'm not so sure. Should I continue using my working weights from GSLP or just go back down (10-20% deload?) and work back up to my working sets?

Originally Posted by pinkflamingo10 View Post
    Alright man I might make a workout log here, although I'm a bit busy with school right now so I'm not so sure. Should I continue using my working weights from GSLP or just go back down (10-20% deload?) and work back up to my working sets?
    Always deload if you're starting something new, it gives you room to grow.

Yes I still recommend it. Just not as widely used as this one. I didn't have as many test subjects but from those who stuck with it they did show improvement.

Muzi7421 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi i am 40 years of age . can i start body building. i am already underweight. and facing few health issues . thanks.