KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenInAZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Steel cut oats not good for post workout?

I thought I remembered hearing somewhere recently that rolled oats are a more optimal post workout carb than steel cut oats, but that steel cut oats are better any other time of the day. Can anybody confirm this?

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KenInAZ View Post
    I thought I remembered hearing somewhere recently that rolled oats are a more optimal post workout carb than steel cut oats, but that steel cut oats are better any other time of the day. Can anybody confirm this?
    It really, really doesn't matter. Though, it takes a longer time to cook the steel cut oats and after a workout I'm not that patient to wait for food.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

washburn005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KenInAZ View Post
    you should try and stay away from complex carbs post workout because your glycogen stores are depleted and need to be re-filled asap. i would change it out for a carb supplement like waxy-maize or fruits like bananas, strawberries.. or even yogurt. these "simple" carbs will fill the glycogen back up much faster and keep you in a more anabolic state.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by washburn005 View Post
    you should try and stay away from complex carbs post workout because your glycogen stores are depleted and need to be re-filled asap. i would change it out for a carb supplement like waxy-maize or fruits like bananas, strawberries.. or even yogurt. these "simple" carbs will fill the glycogen back up much faster and keep you in a more anabolic state.
    I highly doubt they're depleted and there won't be need for a quicker refill unless he's about to go do another extremely taxing bout of exercise shortly after.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And hear I was thinking broscience was slowly being eradicated..
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Are you really trying to say that it not essential to consume 47.5 grams of carbs with a GI of 82 within 7 minutes and 42 seconds of the completion of my workout?

Dude, that's like totally not what this guy at my gym told me and he was pumped.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Oh man... DO NOT. Don't ever think that something as profound as broscience, especially when it comes to bodybuilding and nutrition/diet, will ever be eradicated or even lessened. New dogmatics are sprouting as we speak.

You'll just get yourself worked up and excited for no reason. This **** WILL NEVER go away. People are just to stupid, ignorant, lazy and scared to try what really works for them and not what others tell them.

KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    strong broscience!
    ★★★ I was part of Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★
    No Fap October 2012 COMPLETED!
    Misc Persian Crew
    -->>MMC<<--
    Dorian Yates training = The only way to train!
    M4L Krew Representing!~
    RIP - Az "Zyzz" Sergeyevich :( , The god has fallen, but the legend lives on! <3

Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's like reading from one of the many supplement ads.

Unless you've just ran a cross-country marathon, there's no way you can deplete your glycogen stores in your workout. It's just broscience from supplement ads to get you to drink their crap. It's also not something you have to refill "asap".

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Robosco View Post
    It's like reading from one of the many supplement ads.
    Perfectly stated. People repeat the marketing crap as if it's the gospel.