Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)

"You train to be physically intimidating"

I was having a conversation the other day related to violence in schools and society. And, as all online discussions go, it eventually devolved into a personal attack - nothing new, right? But one thing struck me as interesting - the person said "you weight lift/train to be physically intimidating."

It struck me as odd because I've never really thought that way. I've never thought of myself as 'a big guy', and have always considered myself more of a 'sculptor' in the gym. But just the other day, a guy I trained with said almost the exact same sentiment - that he trained 'to get big so no one will mess with him'.

So, I'm asking, why do you train?

How much is being physically big and intimidating a part of it - especially at our ages?
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was fat. Now I'm addicted to being fit. So much in fact, that if I get much over single digit body fat I feel hyoooooge! Not sure how I used to walk around with an extra 50-60 lbs of fat, just feels good to be healthy.

Being intimidating? Well hopefully by the time my daughters start dating I'll be there.

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    I was fat. Now I'm addicted to being fit. So much in fact, that if I get much over single digit body fat I feel hyoooooge! Not sure how I used to walk around with an extra 50-60 lbs of fat, just feels good to be healthy.

Being intimidating? Well hopefully by the time my daughters start dating I'll be there.
    Tip: Make sure you give your daughters a couple of wallet-sized pics of you hitting that heavy bag.....

kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kalst37 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was bullied a lot bout being skinny once I hit the gym I fell in love with it. I can't imagine not lifting and intimidation factor is just a plus and gives me confidence when people Bert stare me at parties

Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Now I'm addicted to being fit.
    Same here, although I have far to go. Being intimidating didn't factor in to starting this.
    I'll have to admit though, when we go out clubbing etc, having some traps/bi's probably helps ward off potential dickheads.
    Brick by brick
    "Never let the weeds get higher than the garden, always keep a diamond in your mind"

BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Too funny "G". I have two beautiful daughters, 10 and 13, seriously, the kind that make you know you need a shotgun. You don't need to worry though, you are already "there"...

I don't do this for that (my daughters, intimidation on that level)-

I do it for a couple of reasons- ONE of which I will never share- at least not in public. But it was the 'first' reason...

WHY I started getting back into shape is for the reason of making my wife and myself happier with my physique. My wife, 18 years younger, got fit first, and she is looking amazing. I got fit second (was very fit as a younger guy). So I was kind of motivated by my hot wife.

I also do it because I want to live longer (partly because of my wife). I recognized that it is easier to get fit at 47 and carry it into the 50'/60's than it is to try to get fit like this later... nearly impossible later... Jack Lalanne loked good into his 70's, but you do NOT get "fit" starting in your 60's/70's. You "carry" it in...

I do it because I want to not feel like **** as I grow older.

I do it because it think it helps me with my work (I am in sales).

I do it because I want to walk around making most 20 year olds wish they could outsprint me, or think twice about f-ing with me.

And in a way, I will admit what most of us don't want to- it is a way to hold onto youth, a way to refuse that I have to dwindle, and die...

Fight the good fight- I don't want to go gentle into that good night... I'm going clawing...
    Nobody improves without trying. Period.

Listen to your wisdom as you gain it. Rarely are things lost forever. Change is usually always possible. Second chances sometimes reveal better results than first chances. Always look to believe that you can and will be better. You're not done until you give up.

(Bear= wife's nickname for me... Luna= my nickname for her)

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My woman is in excellent shape and I started feeling guilty about looking like hell.

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    So, I'm asking, why do you train?

How much is being physically big and intimidating a part of it - especially at our ages?
    Well, I doubt I'll ever be intimidating. I'm only 5'9". I just like looking at myself in the mirror.
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz

Going Ape Shyte Helps MightyKingOdin's Avatar
    MightyKingOdin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MightyKingOdin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BearLovesLuna View Post
    Too funny "G". I have two beautiful daughters, 10 and 13, seriously, the kind that make you know you need a shotgun. You don't need to worry though, you are already "there"...

I do it for a couple of reasons- ONE of which I will never share- at least not in public. But it was the 'first' reason...

WHY I started getting back into shape is for the reason of making my wife and myself happier with my physique. My wife, 18 years younger, got fit first, and she is looking amazing. I got fit second (was very fit as a younger guy). So I was kind of motivated by my hot wife.

I also do it because I want to live longer (partly because of my wife). I recognized that it is easier to get fit at 47 and carry it into the 50'/60's than it is to try to get fit like this later... nearly impossible later... Jack Lalanne loked good into his 70's, but you do NOT get "fit" starting in your 60's/70's. You "carry" it in...

I do it because I want to walk around making most 20 year olds wish they could outsprint me, or think twice about f-ing with me.

And in a way, I will admit what most of us don't want to- it is a way to hold onto youth, a way to refuse that I have to dwindle, and die...

Fight the good fight- I don't want to go gentle into that good night... I'm going clawing...

Very nicely put ... you've missed your calling ... I'd pay to hear you speak ...
    Love the Pain - Love the Gain.

Going Ape Shyte at every session does it for me.

Snake Oil Salesmen have and will always entice the gullible with their wares.

Beware, for the cost of your ignorance may be too much for you to bear.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    I looked more intimidating as a big, fat skinhead than I probably ever could from bodybuilding.

N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10) N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10) N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10) N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10) N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10) N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10) N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10) N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10) N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10) N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10) N2T is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I train for a few reasons. I train cause I got out of shape and I don't like it. I feel better physically and emotionally when I'm in better shape. I train because I like to shoot guns and play sports, hike and shoot archery leagues, I compete better, score higher and win more when I'm in better condition. I train for my job..I fail a pt test, I don't gain rank, I pass it, and that's one more thing off my plate. And I train for health, I want to do the things I enjoy doing for as long as I'm able, staying in shape now means I don't have to "fix" anything later in life.

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have 4 kids, the youngest being 8 months. I want to still be able to play sports etc with the kids in 10 + years and I was pretty unfit at the start of the year and knew my lifestyle had to change for their benefit. So now I'm getting fit, gaining muscle and I am addicted to lifting.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BearLovesLuna View Post

This post has a ton of win in it. Everything you wrote, from sales on I agree..great post.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Even at our ages, 70’s, we do it for many reasons.

The Dutchess and I are fanatical about our fitness. It is sheer joy to face the demands of serious training, careful diet, very extensive supplementation and constant study and research with a partner at your side who shares the same aberration LOL. We sincerely believe our goal of getting younger as we age is within our grasp.

To the outside world here in this almost 90,000+ member retirement community (The Villages, Florida), we are the ones many turn to for example and advice. The feedback from their successes and happiness is a wonderful reward and motivation factor to drive us even harder and adds beautiful meaning to our physical gifts.

At our ages, we sometimes run into the aged or youthful A*****le who tries to make life difficult or even dangerous for us or other senior citizens around us. We thank the Good Lord that we have been/are able to deal with those situations successfully.

We stopped long ago being slaves to allopathic medicine and the worn out, worthless adages about being careful and watching out for our age. Instead we go full speed into a future that does not seem to be closing on us, rather keeps growing as we do ourselves.

Life is good and true love with true devotion to training to be our best makes it even more so each day of our lives.

That's why, and we're sticking to it!
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

DuneUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have started training due to a motorbike accident. I used to be a competitive cyclist and was extremely fit, resting heart rate was 48bpm. It took me best part of 5 years to overcome the motorbike accident. I looked at some photos of me and I had turned from a fit guy to a blob. I cant cycle the same now so I though I had to do some other de-blubber work, hence the gym. As for intimidating that comes from attitude and the look in your eyes being tall and wide has always helped
    Stoke me a clipper Ill be back for breakfast

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Even at our ages, 70’s, we do it for many reasons.

The Dutchess and I are fanatical about our fitness. It is sheer joy to face the demands of serious training, careful diet, very extensive supplementation and constant study and research with a partner at your side who shares the same aberration LOL. We sincerely believe our goal of getting younger as we age is within our grasp.

To the outside world here in this almost 90,000+ member retirement community (The Villages, Florida), we are the ones many turn to for example and advice. The feedback from their successes and happiness is a wonderful reward and motivation factor to drive us even harder and adds beautiful meaning to our physical gifts.

At our ages, we sometimes run into the aged or youthful A*****le who tries to make life difficult or even dangerous for us or other senior citizens around us. We thank the Good Lord that we have been/are able to deal with those situations successfully.

We stopped long ago being slaves to allopathic medicine and the worn out, worthless adages about being careful and watching out for our age. Instead we go full speed into a future that does not seem to be closing on us, rather keeps growing as we do ourselves.

Life is good and true love with true devotion to training to be our best makes it even more so each day of our lives.

That's why, and we're sticking to it!
    Good post Dutch.

David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When younger, I lifted for the chicks.

I found that I liked being healthy and strong. Honestly, I also found out that I had mild "issues" - a little low self confidence, bad family genetics, etc.

Lifting helps me with all aspects of my life except getting in small cars.. LOL.

But to OPs comments of being intimidating - I must admit there have been times when I have appreciated that asset. Funny how people think that is always a bad thing.... until they need you. hehe

It's not the gun, stupid. Ikeman83's Avatar
    Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ikeman83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My motivation for lifting is as follows:

-Support my wife as she also works hard to recover her form after pregnancy (she's looking pretty damned good at this point). If she's going to be a hotty, I shouldn't be a fatass.

-Be able to play with my daughter and be active and not a fat slob.

-My daughter is all of 10 months, but I also want to be somewhat intimidating when she's a teenager. I don't think that there's much intimidating about a big man when you're an adult, but as a teenage boy, a huge dude is very intimidating, because you're stupid and young and easily impressed, and I intend to take advantage of that.

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I got sick of being a fat slob and wanted to be sure I'm around to annoy my son for as long as possible.

quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quietchef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by David Wiggins View Post
    But to OPs comments of being intimidating - I must admit there have been times when I have appreciated that asset. Funny how people think that is always a bad thing.... until they need you. hehe
    Among other reasons, Mr Wiggins nailed it on the head. Find yourself in a comprising situation and you'll quickly be thankful for putting in hours of training. Even if it is just walking through a rough neighborhood, you want all the odds in your favor to not be farked with in the first place.

If living my daily life with good posture, wide shoulders, and confidence gives me an edge over the next guy.... Heck yeah, I'll take it albeit not the primary reason I train.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I train mainly because it is an outlet for my competitive drive with myself. In a complicated world, I love the simplicity of lifting heavy things. You either can or you can not. There is no one to blame other then yourself for your failures. I train alone....and no one sees it (other then the vids I post here from time to time). I do it for me.

I also decided to take control of my physical appearance rather then be at the mercy of what living generally does to men my age. This has been one of the most rewarding aspects. I got back into it because I wanted to have the physique I had in my 20's. I have since eclipsed that....and I am not stopping now.

The side benefits are undeniable. It filters over into every aspect of life. Sure, I sacrifice somethings. (especially with controlling my nutrition), but the benefits are more then worth it. Since it has been such a short time in this turn around, I notice greatly how different the world treats you. It is really pronounced. This is a great motivator as well. I will not deny that there is some vanity at play.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Health

its fun

to look good naked
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it started for health, but has evolved into a lot of reasons that I have discovered along the path.
    yes I am healthier. I like looking big and fit, but that can be a double edged sword, it can invite as much trouble as it can avert.
    Being a person of mild nature I rarely have to worry about such things though.
    One of the reasons that surprised me is vanity, it turns out I am quite vain. I enjoy being attractive to the opposite sex. Not that I am on the prowl, but I like to know that if I wanted to be on the prowl I could lol.
    On this board we tend to turn our noses at displays of vanity, but that's being dishonest with ourselves I believe. Sure we don't want to be overtly vain, but why cant we enjoy a compliment now and again without being shamed for it?

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First how any man can be intimated by another man is beyond me, we all bleed the same blood, but hey that is just me.

As for why I train, it is a way of life for me, but I also train to look good I am one vain mother'fer.
    On the list for Bannukah

lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The scrawny chavs who are the only real blight on the neighbourhood don't care how big you are, they know the law and how to abuse it to their advantage. Besides I don't think I'll be intimidating to anyone for quite some time yet.

That isn't one of my aims anyway. It is primarily a personal challenge for me and as mentioned an effective outlet from the stresses of life.

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    First how any man can be intimated by another man is beyond me, we all bleed the same blood, but hey that is just me.

As for why I train, it is a way of life for me, but I also train to look good I am one vain mother'fer.
    You're one entertaining mother'fer, I'll give you that. Did you notice the "Freak" thread just got deleted.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're one entertaining mother'fer, I'll give you that. Did you notice the "Freak" thread just got deleted.
    Yup

I think people were making good points, but someone must have reported it.
    On the list for Bannukah

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I train because I love it. Nothing more... nothing less.

Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I train to be healthy. The doc said, "You have diabetes, high blood, bad cholesterol and your A1c is too high...and digenerative disk disease." He pulls out his prescription pad and starts writing. I ask him to give me sometime work on things myself. He is in doubt... but on our last visit everything had improved with 25lbs lost. Now I am at 40lbs lost and working towards 80lbs. So looking intimidating would be an added bonus but not a priority. I also think a muscular build goes well with long dreadlocs I have (like Ulysses Williams Jr).
    To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done!

Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I still enjoy exercising, plus all the health benefits that go along with it.