Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BadassSeabass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Ways to Boost Dopamine (tyrosine?)

Hey all,

Just wondering what are the best ways to boost dopamine levels.

The only one I know of is tyrosine which I can definately notice the difference.

Does it always convert to norepinephrine? and is this bad? i.e. getting the jitters and over stimulated, i'm currently taking low doses so not noticing this but wondering if I upped it would I get caffiene like shakes or any other side effects? Currently taking about 2g of tyrosine per day. Also is there any better ways to boost it, i.e. other supplements?

It's mainly for mood and concentration which I notice lifted, also noticed being a lot more cut when I take it than when I don't (not a bad thing really) is this a side effect and also does it need to be cycled?

Thanks

BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500)
    ******** does the trick for me. Works like no other.
    Current Stack:

TP: WPI Cold-Filtration
    TP: 50%/50% Dextrose/Maltodextrin mix
    NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC
    Driven Sports Lean Xtreme

Originally Posted by BreakingPoint8 View Post
    ******** does the trick for me. Works like no other.
    how do you get it, any side effects?

BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Well I get it through prescription, but it's all over the black market. It's so easily obtainable. I only take 10mgs a day before I go to the gym and the focus and concentration is unreal. There's potiental side effects just like any other drug out there, but I rarely experience any fortuantely.
    Current Stack:

NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC

strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strategicmove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BadassSeabass View Post
    Hey all,

The only one I know of is tyrosine which I can definately notice the difference.

Does it always convert to norepinephrine? and is this bad? i.e. getting the jitters and over stimulated, i'm currently taking low doses so not noticing this but wondering if I upped it would I get caffiene like shakes or any other side effects? Currently taking about 2g of tyrosine per day. Also is there any better ways to boost it, i.e. other supplements?

It's mainly for mood and concentration which I notice lifted, also noticed being a lot more cut when I take it than when I don't (not a bad thing really) is this a side effect and also does it need to be cycled?

Thanks
    A couple of good questions. The particular approach that works best for an individual in terms of modulating dopamine synthesis may be a function of the state of his dopamine receptors. Briefly, as you accurately implied, the neurotransmitter dopamine, is a product of the synthesis of tyrosine. Once ingested, the body can do several things with tyrosine. It can break it down as a source of energy; it can incorporate it into proteins; and/or it can synthesize it into so-called catecholamines (neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine) via the enzymatic action of tyrosine hydroxylase. This process yields DOPA (3,4-dihydrophenylalanine). DOPA is then converted to dopamine via the enzymatic action of DOPA decarboxylase. The process does not end here, though, as the enzyme dopamine ?-hydroxylase converts dopamine into norepinephrine. In a final step, another enzyme, phenyletanolamine N-methyltransferase, converts norepinephrine into epinephrine. So, to answer one of your questions, the full conversion from tyrosine to epinephrine occurs only in the adrenals. Elsewhere (in the brain), the synthesis of tyrosine ends at dopamine. As is well known, catecholamines (for instance, dopamine) can exhibit excitatory and inhibitory effects. This is why they can support higher metabolic activity and rest.

Personally, I find Mucuna Pruriens, if adequately extracted for its natural L-DOPA, a great dopamine modulator.

The results you see while using tyrosine (being more cut, as you put it) may result significantly from dopamine. In particular, dopamine has been shown severally to support growth hormone secretion via ****tostatin secretion. As ****tostatin blunts growth hormone secretion, the dopamine inhibition of ****tostatin enhances the action of the dipeptide, Growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH). This leads to an elevated release of growth hormones, one of the most powerful compounds for body recomposition. Mucuna-pruriens-derived natural L-DOPA may help up-regulate dopamine production.
    ---

BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well I get it through prescription, but it's all over the black market. It's so easily obtainable. I only take 10mgs a day before I go to the gym and the focus and concentration is unreal. There's potiental side effects just like any other drug out there, but I rarely experience any fortuantely.
    ******** is not worth it in the black market though...Only get it if you can get prescribed it and your insurance covers it
    Chamillionaire "Ridin Dirty" BB.COM Supplements Forum REMIXX!!

They see me trollin'
    They hatin'
    Patrollin'
    And tryin' to catch me superdrolin'
    Tryin' to catch me superdrolin'

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    -Socrates

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey all,

Thanks
    L-DOPA is a direct precursor to Dopamine. Otherwise using deprenyl a potent MAO-B inhibitor will greatly raise dopamine levels.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Not sure I want to mess about with prescription stuff.

Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    A couple of good questions. The particular approach that works best for an individual in terms of modulating dopamine synthesis may be a function of the state of his dopamine receptors. Briefly, as you accurately implied, the neurotransmitter dopamine, is a product of the synthesis of tyrosine. Once ingested, the body can do several things with tyrosine. It can break it down as a source of energy; it can incorporate it into proteins; and/or it can synthesize it into so-called catecholamines (neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine) via the enzymatic action of tyrosine hydroxylase. This process yields DOPA (3,4-dihydrophenylalanine). DOPA is then converted to dopamine via the enzymatic action of DOPA decarboxylase. The process does not end here, though, as the enzyme dopamine ?-hydroxylase converts dopamine into norepinephrine. In a final step, another enzyme, phenyletanolamine N-methyltransferase, converts norepinephrine into epinephrine. So, to answer one of your questions, the full conversion from tyrosine to epinephrine occurs only in the adrenals. Elsewhere (in the brain), the synthesis of tyrosine ends at dopamine. As is well known, catecholamines (for instance, dopamine) can exhibit excitatory and inhibitory effects. This is why they can support higher metabolic activity and rest.

Personally, I find Mucuna Pruriens, if adequately extracted for its natural L-DOPA, a great dopamine modulator.

The results you see while using tyrosine (being more cut, as you put it) may result significantly from dopamine. In particular, dopamine has been shown severally to support growth hormone secretion via ****tostatin secretion. As ****tostatin blunts growth hormone secretion, the dopamine inhibition of ****tostatin enhances the action of the dipeptide, Growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH). This leads to an elevated release of growth hormones, one of the most powerful compounds for body recomposition. Mucuna-pruriens-derived natural L-DOPA may help up-regulate dopamine production.
    Cheers for the detailed response, very helpfull, thanks

Originally Posted by CognitiveNutrition View Post
    L-DOPA is a direct precursor to Dopamine. Otherwise using deprenyl a potent MAO-B inhibitor will greatly raise dopamine levels.
    Just looking on your site http://www.cognitivenutrition.com/en...-capsules.html

Couple of questions:

How long would a bottle last i.e. the what dosage do you take?

Does it need to be cycled and are there any side effects from long term use?

Do you ship to the uk?

Does PEA (mentioned in your sig) increase dopamine as well? which is best?

hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    tyrosine no good?

ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500) ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500) ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500) ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500) ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500) ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500) ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500) ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500) ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500) ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500) ptownguy is not very helpful. (-500)
    Working out on ******** does give you focus and energy but I'm guessing is not the healthiest thing to do. It's pretty much like pharmaceutically made meth for those who aren't prescribed it and are taking high doses. Great for studying for finals tho haha
    I've got an appetite for destruction and you're just a small fry

««•Power stance, BOOM•»»

Originally Posted by hardipsrai View Post
    tyrosine no good?
    Tyrosine works well, just seeing if there was anything better out there that I might be missing out on.

Do you take tyrosine?

Originally Posted by ptownguy View Post
    Working out on ******** does give you focus and energy but I'm guessing is not the healthiest thing to do. It's pretty much like pharmaceutically made meth for those who aren't prescribed it and are taking high doses. Great for studying for finals tho haha
    ******** and Meth are similar but not the same thing. Meth is much more harsh, but I'm talking about taking 10mgs of ******** a day and that's it.
    Current Stack:

NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC

Originally Posted by BodyMan123 View Post
    ******** is not worth it in the black market though...Only get it if you can get prescribed it and your insurance covers it
    Why do you say that? I see ******** all over the black market from legit companies all the time.
    Current Stack:

NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC

GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why do you say that? I see ******** all over the black market from legit companies all the time.
    Relative to methylphenidate which isn't exactly easy to find legit sources for, ******** is impossible to find. How do you know these companies are legit?

hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardipsrai is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im from the UK, unfortunately, 'reliable' sources are a little scarce. We dnt have the popular 'research chem' companies like in the US. So, for a reliable alternative, which may not be as effective as 'script' medications, tyrosine and its varients works well.

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just looking on your site http://www.cognitivenutrition.com/en...-capsules.html

Couple of questions:

How long would a bottle last i.e. the what dosage do you take?

Does it need to be cycled and are there any side effects from long term use?

Do you ship to the uk?

Does PEA (mentioned in your sig) increase dopamine as well? which is best?
    Varies on the person and purpose of use. Roughly 2-4 months. I've tried 250-500 mg at times.
    I would suggest cycling off 2-3 days a week or only using as needed.
    There are no studies on long term effects (same as L-Tyrosine) in healthy adults and would vary on how your unique brain chemistry interacts with it, the doses used, and how often.

Yes we ship internationally.

PEA does not have a strong effect on increasing dopamine levels. It may cause some release for a very short time and acts as a brief agonist.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Originally Posted by GeneGnomeX View Post
    Relative to methylphenidate which isn't exactly easy to find legit sources for, ******** is impossible to find. How do you know these companies are legit?
    What in the world are you talking about? lol. I see ******** all over the place. I know it's legit, because the kind I come across are from companies that I've had prescriptions from before.
    Current Stack:

NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC

BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm sure it is legit...but just look at the prices!! better just to get prescribed if you can
    Chamillionaire "Ridin Dirty" BB.COM Supplements Forum REMIXX!!

They see me trollin'
    They hatin'
    Patrollin'
    And tryin' to catch me superdrolin'

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    -Socrates

Originally Posted by BodyMan123 View Post
    I'm sure it is legit...but just look at the prices!! better just to get prescribed if you can
    Oh yeah I agree with that. I didn't say it was cheap lol.
    Current Stack:

NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC

halusk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ******** is a Schedule 2 drugs...the highest level and the same as Oxycontin, Morphine, etc etc.

There's no way you've seen a legit company selling it without a Rx. Prove me wrong and gimme a web address if you'd like, but i don't believe it. Maybe somebody is calling something ******** that isn't.

JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe the guy means that the capsules are from the legit companies, but somehow he's able to obtain them from a black market source. I think that's what he means.

Shire makes the brand name ********. Several other legit companies make the generic version.
    "Don't compare yourself to others, but to what you have been." - dvsness.

"...take whatever you want it's your body. Just don't come crying back because you've grown a set of tits and need to take viagra to get a hard on." ------- odw777

I went to a club last night. They played The twist, I did the twist. They played Jump, I jumped. They played "Come on Eileen"...I got kicked out.

Originally Posted by halusk View Post
    ******** is a Schedule 2 drugs...the highest level and the same as Oxycontin, Morphine, etc etc.

There's no way you've seen a legit company selling it without a Rx. Prove me wrong and gimme a web address if you'd like, but i don't believe it. Maybe somebody is calling something ******** that isn't.
    ******** is nothing like Oxycontain or Morphine lol. The pills that I'll come across on the black market are the same ones that you can get a prescription for, so I know they are legit.
    Current Stack:

NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC

Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
    Maybe the guy means that the capsules are from the legit companies, but somehow he's able to obtain them from a black market source. I think that's what he means.

Shire makes the brand name ********. Several other legit companies make the generic version.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about lol.
    Current Stack:

NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC

sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hardipsrai View Post
    Im from the UK, unfortunately, 'reliable' sources are a little scarce. We dnt have the popular 'research chem' companies like in the US.
    You're joking right?

The situation here is far better than in the US. We can legally buy a 3 month supply of prescription medicines for personal use so we don't have to rely on dodgy "research chemicals".
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

$ BMBC $

-Misc Scotch Crew-

I'd much be able to walk into a pharmacy overseas and get some gear then have ******** ha.
    Current Stack:

NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC

JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnnyB21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go to Mexico. I think you can get just about anything there w/o a script.
    "Don't compare yourself to others, but to what you have been." - dvsness.

"...take whatever you want it's your body. Just don't come crying back because you've grown a set of tits and need to take viagra to get a hard on." ------- odw777

I went to a club last night. They played The twist, I did the twist. They played Jump, I jumped. They played "Come on Eileen"...I got kicked out.

fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50) fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50) fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50) fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50) fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50) fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50) fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50) fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50) fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50) fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50) fayd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by halusk View Post

Ever heard of schedule 1? That's where the stuck big bad marijuana. The baddest of them all. It also has NO medicinal properties, according to the scheduling.

Esc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys, seriously, stay away from recreational use of ********. It's fine once in a while, but doing it every day or pre-workout is a bad idea.

******** is essentially prescription *******. I know because as a dumb teenager my friends and I would sometimes snort it. It gives you nearly the exact same high as *******. Would you take a capsule of coke before every workout and feel safe about it?