Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by numberguy12 View Post
    This, sadly, is the outcome of brainwashing in action (probably as a member of the Jehovah's Witness cult). Please do research about Alter2Ego and all the various forums this person posts on, using the same troll, and utter nonsense. Not worth answering her points, because she has a kindergarten understanding of what science is, and repeatedly addressing her points has no effect- she will just continue to post her babble.
    numberguy12:

Your latest response says nothing intelligent--just as I expected.

BTW: Accusing me of being brainwashed is hardly an effective rebuttal to the arguments within my threads. Especially since I consistently have you on the run.

Alter2Ego

"That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." ~ Psalms 83:18
    "That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18)

Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hopefully people interested in the subject of evolution will consult actual sources, and learn more about it......and not listen to the pseudoscientific rants of some random miscer (Paul Kreul no less, who seems to babble about some pseudoscientific point or other in almost every post, over a wide range of topics).
    The guy that trolls the site, & never refutes actual fact, just LOL. Stay miserable buddy

Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    ok. and i just told you i don't care what matters to you.

hence my wording.

etc etc. I don't really care. This losing side business is another indication of your lack of sense. I don't argue with evolutionists anymore. Continue being an example of the some of the worst of human delusions.
    Hence your wording? Lol your words were literally "Never cared that much about Intelligent Design". And meanwhile a google search shows you making all kinds of pro-ID posts, even starting threads about it, like the ID podcast one above. Errr....ok? lol

I don't blame you for not wanting to argue with evolutionists anymore, it's a losing battle. You may as well be arguing that there is a general solution to the quintic with a mathematician, and see where it gets you. It would get tiring after awhile having to defend nonsense I imagine. The good thing is ID/anti-evolution is being weeded out from the science classroom, rightfully, and science ends up prevailing. More and more are exposed the evidence of evolution these days.
    numberguy12:

You are clearly missing the point for why semitope choses not to argue with evolutionists anymore. Based upon what semitope stated above, it appears he/she views it as a waste of valuable time when debating people who persist in believing in myth.

Unlike semitope, I have no problem debating Atheist religionists, because I enjoy debunking their religion philosophy aka Darwin's Macroevolution Myth.

Alter2Ego

"That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." ~ Psalms 83:18
    "That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18)

Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tamorlane View Post
    The evolutionary theory isn't perfect but it's by far the best explanation and theory we have.

His wife and child were royalty, hardly 'starving to death'. After he discovered the truth he returned and taught it to them. He didn't teach the world was on the back of a tortoise, but he did teach that the universes go through an endless series of expansions and contractions (ie. big bang, big crunch).

The Buddha taught that all conditioned phenomena are inconstant, which coincides with modern discoveries at the subatomic levels. The Buddha's teachings are the science of the mind and how it systematically creates stress and dis-ease upon itself. Humanity will get there at one point but as it is now, this science is still not well understood.
    Nope. Buddha left his first wife & child.

https://dhammawiki.com/index.php?tit...wife_and_child

Evolution is not by any means the best model we have. As I've stated numerous times, origin of information always arises from intelligence. Always. We have embedded coded information in DNA, in all living things. Whenever this information is present, it always arises from intelligence.
    Show me one code, one language(what DNA is) that does not come from intelligence.

I'll wait.

numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    The guy that trolls the site, & never refutes actual fact, just LOL. Stay miserable buddy
    I've spent enough time refuting all kinds of this nonsense. I'm not going to repost the ridiculous amounts of evidence we have of evolution is every single thread, sorry. How does it feel to be on the losing side though? (I.e. a high school student doesn't walk into AP bio and learn about, say, ID or creationism these days). Nope, evolution is taught, and for very good reason. Must be frustrating.

It's hilarious just how many anti-science (and anti-rational) stances you manage to take. See how far that gets you.
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫

numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    numberguy12:

Your latest response says nothing intelligent--just as I expected.

BTW: Accusing me of being brainwashed is hardly an effective rebuttal to the arguments within my threads. Especially since I consistently have you on the run.

Alter2Ego

No one cares what brainwashed trolls have to say on matters like evolution, lol. They will consult sources that actually understand the science involved. They shouldn't go to a Jehovah's Witness or other religious cult member for insight into evolution, just as they shouldn't consult a plumber for his opinion on whether the complex Riemann zeta function has nontrivial zeroes with real part not equal to 1/2, they will consult a mathematician.

I've spent enough time refuting all kinds of this nonsense. I'm not going to repost the ridiculous amounts of evidence for we have of evolution is every single thread, sorry. How does it feel to be on the losing side though? (I.e. a high school student doesn't walk into AP bio and learn about, say, ID or creationism these days). Nope, evolution is taught, and for very good reason. Must be frustrating.

It's hilarious just how many anti-science (and anti-rational) stances you manage to take. See how far that gets you.
    So far, life has been good. God has been good to me, better than I deserve. He has blessed me with a beautiful wife, a good carrer, able to live in two states..as I said before, anytime you wanna come to a Cubs game or have me explain to you how evolution is not possible on a tour at the San Diego zoo(we have a great one here.. you let me know. Seems like you could use a friend in your life.

Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Which "actual fact" is that?
    If you're ever afforded the opportunity to be a marine, always be a Marine.
    BBO
    Roll Tide Roll

Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some guy showed me a picture of a seal to say that there legs are becoming fins. However, god could of just made them seals. What would be convincing is if most seals lived on land with normal legs and some that were near the water had legs that were becoming fins. Now that is evidence for evolution. 20 million years ago one of the apes gradually turned into humans. Yet none of the other apes evolved into humans OR anything else. I think there should be some signs of evolution there. Also, If all birds came from reptiles then home come no reptile today is growing wings/feathers? It doesn't make sense to me.

Also, a guy posted a picture of how an eye evolved. But that's just a theory, it's not proven. I don't see how a 1000th of an eye or ear or organ can be of any value. You need them working right away. That's just my opinion.

yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You really need to learn some science because your post sounds so idiotic to any kind of educated person.

Originally Posted by Showerbuddy View Post
    Some guy showed me a picture of a seal to say that there legs are becoming fins. However, god could of just made them seals.
    You ask why there are no land animals with feet that look like fins, I show you a picture of a seal, and you say "well god could have just made them like that". Ok, fine, that's your prerogative to believe that, but then don't ask people for proof if you're not going to believe it when they show you it.

20 million years ago one of the apes gradually turned into humans. Yet none of the other apes evolved into humans OR anything else.
    There were numerous hominid species that all died out, with the current human species (homo sapien) being the only one left. Read about them - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo

Also, a guy posted a picture of how an eye evolved. But that's just a theory, it's not proven. I don't see how a 1000th of an eye or ear or organ can be of any value. You need them working right away. That's just my opinion.
    You think all eyes work exactly the same as the human eye? There are multiple different ways to detect light. Read about the evolution of the eye. Again, this comment makes you appear very uneducated and stupid.
    see-long-story-in-post-immediately-read-last-line-first-to-see-if-Fresh-Prince-joke-crew

Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Which "actual fact" is that?
    -Origin of information always arises from intelligence.
    -WTC7 was not brought down by fire
    -RvW Was a lie
    -There is nothing in the Constitution that gives a woman a right to an abortion

The kid loves following me.

BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    -RvW Was a lie

How great your fall will be when you come to realize that you worship an idol..
    John 15:4
    "Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you."
    ​John 14:20
    "In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.​​​​​​"
    John 14:6
    Jesus answered, "No one comes to the Father if not by me."

Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    wodrock:

The evolution theory is a joke, which is why, as you admitted above: "Explaining this would take way too much effort for me...." In case you haven't noticed, the OP posted a thread explaining why he/she believes in God, so clearly, the OP is not interested in your ramblings about evolution myth.
    whoa whoa, hold the phone.

Wodrock is right. Based on the OP's post, he's clearly lacking a scope of knowledge about the subject of evolution. If Wodrock proceed to go on a diatribe about phylogenic trees common ancestry and vestigial limbs there's a very good chance the op wouldn't understand it, misinterpret it, and they would be debating with each-other in circles and not getting anywhere . All because of a lack of the basic understanding of evolution. I've been on internet forums for years, I've been through this song and dance before and if they don't have prerequisite knowledge of the subject you're just spinning your wheels for nothing.

and i'm not being mean to the op, (everyone can't be an expert on everything) however, I know he lacks an elementary understanding of evolution simply because he thinks we evolved from monkeys, and thats one of the first things you learn that is fundamentally false about the theory.
    His name is; Darwin Radlin Caspian Ahab Poseidon Nicodemus Watterson III

Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by IawI View Post
    OP let me fix this thread for you.

Why I believe in Christianity - Because it's true.

You don't need to say more. These fedora wearing retard phaggots aren't worth your time. They're going to burn in hell.
    If thats how you think, what the point in debating? You believe that way for two reasons;

1. Its popular so it must be right. Smoking was insanely popular and people all over the world smoked. Hell, there were a number of decades where it was touted as a healthy recreational activity.

2. You were indoctrinated into it due to where you were born. If you were born in India there's a pretty good chance you'd practice Hinduism, if you were born in the ME there's a good chance you'd be a muslim, If you were born in South America in the 16th century you'd be an Aztec worshipping the sun. If you were born in 11th century Sweden, you'd be a viking that believed in Norse Mythology.

and no matter where (or when) you were born you'd know it to be true, you'd feel it in your heart of hearts that what you believe in is real, and noone could convince you otherwise....and thats exactly how youre behaving with your christian faith.

Originally Posted by BrosefMengele View Post
    How great your fall will be when you come to realize that you worship an idol..
    You are not saved, you have no redemption for your sins. No man comes to God, for only Jesus, allows him too. You deny Christ the Lord, & you blasphemy the Father. You are a shamfull person

Some guy showed me a picture of a seal to say that there legs are becoming fins. However, god could of just made them seals. What would be convincing is if most seals lived on land with normal legs and some that were near the water had legs that were becoming fins. Now that is evidence for evolution.
    Why do you think whales have a vestigial pelvis:

Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yeshli2nuts View Post
    You really need to learn some science because your post sounds so idiotic to any kind of educated person.

You ask why there are no land animals with feet that look like fins, I show you a picture of a seal, and you say "well god could have just made them like that". Ok, fine, that's your prerogative to believe that, but then don't ask people for proof if you're not going to believe it when they show you it.

There were numerous hominid species that all died out, with the current human species (homo sapien) being the only one left. Read about them -

You think all eyes work exactly the same as the human eye? There are multiple different ways to detect light. Read about the evolution of the eye. Again, this comment makes you appear very uneducated and stupid.
    I would respond to you but i think your just ganna start abusing me like everyone on this forum tries to do to each other over the stupidest things. Just cos i have a different opinion doesn't make me stupid at all. If we can't have a respectful conversation then i won't reply.

swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swoleyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tamorlane View Post
    Intelligent Design theory is weak compared to evolution theory. You don't see animals going through transition because evolution takes place over long periods of time and the minute changes are difficult to observe.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5pcuKcGZ8ns/maxresdefault.jpg

Common ancestry is proven. That means all living animals on Earth have evolved from one common ancestor that started on Earth and branched out from that. Humans didn't evolve from monkey or chimps, all different primates are branches of a common ancestor further back in the lineage.

The Bible is a pointless book written decades after the death of Jesus. It brings nothing of substance other than 'be nice to your neighbor', something millions of people do without christianity.

God's popularity is stupid. Benny Hinn looks popular too in those filled up megachurches.

Buddhism is actually the one true religion, it's why it teaches about things you can see for yourself with practice that other religions don't even know about it. That's one tell-tale sign. And Buddhism does explain why we are here. It just leads to progress along the path, where as these theories do nothing for your understanding.

An Afterlife, spirits, ghosts, etc. don't indicate an omnipotent god. People also have mental illnesses. Several god-fearing people claim god talks to them.

In short, your faith brings you no advantage in life that you couldn't get otherwise from not following that faith. It's pointless, but hey it probably makes you feel comfortable so there's that.

I am interested in the truth, I don't give two ****s about comfort and that's why I am not still a cuck for Christianity. You kind of remind me of a Jehovah Witness who comes to my door and expects me to throw down my things and submit to the lord because they point out a few 'predictions' in the Bible.

You brought nothing to the debate besides insulting people of faith.

This must be you

30+ Smash and Dash Crew
    Ron Paul Crew
    Yellow Fever Crew
    Disregard wimminz acquire glow Crew
    Mod neg Cry-Baby Crew
    Blow girlfriend off to play WoW Crew

-RvW Was a lie

I have no idea what most of this is referring to, to be honest. The one thing I recognize is your origin of information arises from intelligence nonsense that you spew in almost every thread (and which has been replied to almost to death, that it's kinda funny you are now claiming your points aren't being replied to). Care to substantiate the rest of this? Link the thread where I'm talking about wtc fires? Or where I'm talking about abortion rights in the constitution? (talk about weird following lol. I have no idea what this even referring to). I vaguely remember an abortion thread where you were unable to even follow a discussion, but it wasn't in relation to your points mentioned here......

What I do remember from you, just because it stands out so much, is that you seem to take a pseudoscientific stance on almost everything lol: from anti-evolution, to natural wellness woo, to not understanding what the abortion debate is even about. This is all off topic though, so not really that interested.

Nah bro, sorry you wont be convincing me about your stance regarding evolution with a walk through a zoo. A natural history museum could help enlighten you on the history of life on earth, if you ever visit one sometime (actual museums btw, not say the Creation museum in Kentucky). They tend to be educational with all kinds of fossils etc. Better yet, just enroll in a community college somewhere and start with Bio 101. That's probably the best way to start understanding the facts.

Originally Posted by swoleyo View Post
    You brought nothing to the debate besides insulting people of faith.

This must be you

So you quote a post that is actually responding to the OP in several points....while yourself actually contributing nothing besides poorly trying to attack another poster.....and they are the ones adding nothing to the debate? Just lol.

I have no idea what most of this is referring to, to be honest. The one thing I recognize is your origin of information arises from intelligence nonsense that you spew in almost every thread (and which has been replied to almost to death, that it's kinda funny you are now claiming your points aren't being replied to). Care to substantiate the rest of this? Link the thread where I'm talking about wtc fires? Or where I'm talking about abortion rights in the constitution? (talk about weird following lol. I have no idea what this even referring to). I vaguely remember an abortion thread where you were unable to even follow a discussion, but it wasn't in relation to your points mentioned here......

What I do remember from you, just because it stands out so much, is that you seem to take a pseudoscientific stance on almost everything lol: from anti-evolution, to natural wellness woo, to not understanding what the abortion debate is even about. This is all off topic though, so not really that interested.

Nah bro, sorry you wont be convincing me about your stance regarding evolution with a walk through a zoo. A natural history museum could help enlighten you on the history of life on earth, if you ever visit one sometime (actual museums btw, not say the Creation museum in Kentucky). They tend to be educational with all kinds of fossils etc. Better yet, just enroll in a community college somewhere and start with Bio 101. That's probably the best way to start understanding the facts.
    Yea, we have a pretty damn good one here in Chicago.. thanks.
    You have yet to disprove that origin of information always arises from intelligence.

My other stances just like above are pretty solid. Life begins at conception, it's not a debate... look up the definition of the word.
    Read the Constitution, nothing in it gives a woman a right to an abortion.
    Last edited by Paul Kreul; 09-14-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reliance012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    6/10

If you want to be more believable next time, don’t use the intelligent design argument. Go with something more philosophical, like first cause or something.

I would respond to you but i think your just ganna start abusing me like everyone on this forum tries to do to each other over the stupidest things. Just cos i have a different opinion doesn't make me stupid at all. If we can't have a respectful conversation then i won't reply.

I think he's just saying it's hard to even have a discussion until you learn what evolution by natural selection is about and acquire some understanding of its most basic aspects. The stuff you are listing in your post comes off as somewhat naïve, frankly, and beneath like an intro to biology perspective on the subject. I don't think it means "stupid" or anything, just seems like you haven't even looked into the subject at all [and instead just listing talking points pulled from religious sites like the evolution of the eye, or "evolution isn't happening now", etc].

Consider an analogy in mathematics [just using this because it's my field]: Imagine two people, we'll call them Mathematician and Person A.

Person A: I think Wiles' proof of Fermat's Last Theorem is false.
    Mathematician [Preparing to get into a long, involved discussion of some heavy mathematics]: Why, exactly?
    Person A: Well think about it, a^2+b^2= c^2 has an infinite number of solutions in positive integers....why shouldn't, say a^7+b^7=c^7 have even one solution? It only seems natural. Or let a and b be positive integers, and take a^4+b^4, this is just the square of [a^2+b^2]*, which is just the square of [a+b]*, which itself is an integer, so a^4+b^4= [some integer^2]^2 = [some integer]^4, and Fermat's Last Theorem is wrong.
    Mathematician: Sigh.

*remember this is coming from someone who doesn't understand this trivial calculation.

The only thing that falls short in the analogy is that while the proof of FLT would be impossible for a layman to understand, evolution by natural selection is definitely not....it's not that difficult to research this subject at an introductory level.

Yea, we have a pretty damn good one here in Chicago.. thanks.
    You have yet to disprove that origin of information always arises from intelligence.

My other stances just like above are pretty solid. Life begins at conception, it's not a debate... look up the definition of the word.
    Read the Constitution, nothing in it gives a woman a right to an abortion.
    The Field Museum is great. Hey maybe we can actually agree on something, ha.

I think he's just saying it's hard to even have a discussion until you learn what evolution by natural selection is about and acquire some understanding of its most basic aspects. The stuff you are listing in your post comes off as somewhat naïve, frankly, and beneath like an intro to biology perspective on the subject. I don't think it means "stupid" or anything, just seems like you haven't even looked into the subject at all [and instead just listing talking points pulled from religious sites like the evolution of the eye, or "evolution isn't happening now", etc].

Consider an analogy in mathematics [just using this because it's my field]: Imagine two people, we'll call them Mathematician and Person A.

Person A: I think Wiles' proof of Fermat's Last Theorem is false.
    Mathematician [Preparing to get into a long, involved discussion of some heavy mathematics]: Why, exactly?
    Person A: Well think about it, a^2+b^2= c^2 has an infinite number of solutions in positive integers....why shouldn't, say a^7+b^7=c^7 have even one solution? It only seems natural. Or let a and b be positive integers, and take a^4+b^4, this is just the square of [a^2+b^2]*, which is just the square of [a+b]*, which itself is an integer, so a^4+b^4= [some integer^2]^2 = [some integer]^4, and Fermat's Last Theorem is wrong.
    Mathematician: Sigh.

*remember this is coming from someone who doesn't understand this trivial calculation.

The only thing that falls short in the analogy is that while the proof of FLT would be impossible for a layman to understand, evolution by natural selection is definitely not....it's not that difficult to research this subject at an introductory level.
    I did look into evolution. Tons of animals in the past were between two animals and now there's nothing like that. It's not stupid at all. He posted a seal. Well that's one animal and i should be seeing thousands of them. Besides if it's only a few animals you can show me god could have made them like that. If there were seals that had legs and lived on land and then the seals that were near water had the flipper/legs we have today that could be evolution. But the seals aren't like that.

bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not religious per se, but I do believe in God and buy into a lot of spiritual ideas. This is for two reasons

1- the idea of the big bang, that in the beginning there was nothing, then it exploded, is as rediculous as a being that created everything. I believe in evolution as well, God created life then left it alone to do what it will

2- as a first responder, I've been present at the moment of death for a few dozen people over the years. When someone does, the light visibly goes out in their eyes. When I go on calls, I can immediately tell who will make it to the hospital or who will be DOA. I see this as their spirit leaving their body.

I did look into evolution. Tons of animals in the past were between two animals and now there's nothing like that. It's not stupid at all. He posted a seal. Well that's one animal and i should be seeing thousands of them. Besides if it's only a few animals you can show me god could have made them like that. If there were seals that had legs and lived on land and then the seals that were near water had the flipper/legs we have today that could be evolution. But the seals aren't like that.
    Sigh.

t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll give you my opinions on what you said, and I'm not trying to be a dick, so don't take it that way.

I wanted to see what the misc thinks of this. Misc means talk about anything after all.

First, Intelligent design theory

The bible says that gods existence can be seen in his creation. It’s called the intelligent design theory. It would have been better before evolution but I still prefer it today. If we evolved then come we don’t see animals clearly evolving into something else today? We don’t see monkeys in the process of becoming humans. We don’t see reptiles becoming birds (birds came from reptiles growing feathers and wings). Like we have reptiles and birds but how come nothing in between? I thought evolution was always on-going. Animals and humans seem purposefully designed there are no clear signs of evolution in the wild. One thing becoming another. Like a land animal whose legs are becoming fins etc.

Also, I find it hard to believe that the eye or ear or our organs could evolve? I mean we don’t have the time to evolve these things we need them working right away. Otherwise we wouldn’t be able to survive. We couldn’t breed, eat or survive the harsh wild.
    All I can say is I don't think you understand evolution.

Second, The bible

The bible is 66 books written by 40 authors over 1500 years across 3 continents. So it’s not like a few idiots got together and made it up to trick others.

Third, bible prophecy

The bible has lots of prophecies that have been fulfilled suggesting an omnipotent god. On youtube look up ‘5 prophecies that prove the bible’ to get the gist of it. Also look up Isaiah 52-53 it describes Jesus well and was written 700 years before his birth. Google bible prophecies and there is much more to it than that.
    There's nothing special or prophetic in the bible. All of the things you would expect the creator of the universe to put in there are missing. There's nothing in the bible that can't be explained as mythology written by ignorant people. For example, the whole raining fire and brimstone thing. Is that really how god punished gays, or did people not know how to explain what caused a volcanic eruption? Digging into the history of the bible you can see where it was changed or things were left out, added, or altered. Not a single story in the bible is a first hand account. Everything was an oral tradition that was written down decades later and then translated, and retranslated, and altered, etc.

Fourth, gods popularity

If Christianity was the right religion it would be the biggest...and it is. Second biggest is Islam and they worship the same god. Throw Jews on top and ‘almighty god’ makes up 63% of religion. Hindu is the only religion of substantial size but god is 4 times bigger and all over the world where as Hindu is just in India. Also Buddhist is big but has no explanation as to why we are here. It’s just a way of life. Jesus said that anyone after him who preaches anything beside the gospel is a deceiver. So I reject Islam plus it’s to violent. Christianity replaces the Jews so Christianity it is.
    A majority of people believing a myth doesn't make it true.

Fifth, People who have nearly died and seen the afterlife

The internet and youtube have many stories of people who nearly died and saw heaven/hell or saw Jesus/God the father. Sometimes there not even dying just having a visit. They describe similar stuff. Also there was a guy on youtube who asked god to show himself 8 hours a day, for thirty days and god revealed himself to him in a few ways. I can’t find the video but the guy seemed believable. It says in the bible ‘search for me with all your heart and you will find me’. Also this video is interesting and seems believable by his emotions. It’s on youtube ‘MY INCREDIBLE SUPERNATURAL EXPERIENCE OF BEING IN THE MIND OF CHRIST LITERALLY! (AWESOME HOPE).

So there you go. What do you think?
    I've seen a lot of these that I would consider completely different and most seem to fit that person's beliefs. Many of those stories are fake too.

Indoctrination, confirmation bias, cognitive dissonance, and the false consensus effect are the reasons I see why people continue to believe in Christianity. Once you understand those things, you can start to see the flaws in why you believe what you do. This is coming from a guy that was very religious until about 5 years ago.

Everything people look at as "proof" they need to ask themselves if there is really no other explanation. Coincidences happen. Statistically it's practically impossible that you'd never see some amazing coincidence. That doesn't make it proof that god did it.

Once you pick the bible apart, there's no logical reason to believe in Christianity. But people will continue to cling to it and insist it's about faith.

If a person feels the need to believe something created the universe, I ask this, does that creator have to be immortal? Does it have to be all knowing and loving? Does it have to give a chit about any of us or care if we worship it?

After leaving my religion I tried to forget everything I'd ever learned about religion and start with a clean slate. What can I observe? We exist. Why? Who knows. Is there a reason to believe that something created us, still exists, and wants to be worshiped? I personally don't see any reason to believe so.

Originally Posted by t_raven View Post
    I'll give you my opinions on what you said, and I'm not trying to be a dick, so don't take it that way.

All I can say is I don't think you understand evolution.

There's nothing special or prophetic in the bible. All of the things you would expect the creator of the universe to put in there are missing. There's nothing in the bible that can't be explained as mythology written by ignorant people. For example, the whole raining fire and brimstone thing. Is that really how god punished gays, or did people not know how to explain what caused a volcanic eruption? Digging into the history of the bible you can see where it was changed or things were left out, added, or altered. Not a single story in the bible is a first hand account. Everything was an oral tradition that was written down decades later and then translated, and retranslated, and altered, etc.

A majority of people believing a myth doesn't make it true.

I've seen a lot of these that I would consider completely different and most seem to fit that person's beliefs. Many of those stories are fake too.

Indoctrination, confirmation bias, cognitive dissonance, and the false consensus effect are the reasons I see why people continue to believe in Christianity. Once you understand those things, you can start to see the flaws in why you believe what you do. This is coming from a guy that was very religious until about 5 years ago.

Everything people look at as "proof" they need to ask themselves if there is really no other explanation. Coincidences happen. Statistically it's practically impossible that you'd never see some amazing coincidence. That doesn't make it proof that god did it.

Once you pick the bible apart, there's no logical reason to believe in Christianity. But people will continue to cling to it and insist it's about faith.

If a person feels the need to believe something created the universe, I ask this, does that creator have to be immortal? Does it have to be all knowing and loving? Does it have to give a chit about any of us or care if we worship it?

After leaving my religion I tried to forget everything I'd ever learned about religion and start with a clean slate. What can I observe? We exist. Why? Who knows. Is there a reason to believe that something created us, still exists, and wants to be worshiped? I personally don't see any reason to believe so.
    Cool. Well i summed up my opinion in the first post. Interesting to hear what people think.

t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you don't believe in evolution, you're just ignoring the evidence.

Think about how many thousands of species are on this planet that you've never seen. I bet most of us couldn't name more than 50. This is why I laugh at the Noah's ark story. Imagine living in a time period before cameras existed. If you never left your area, you'd only know of maybe 20 different animals. The idea of putting them all on a boat might make sense to that guy, but if someone knew how many species there really are, that would be a ridiculous concept for a story.

There are fish that live in mud

There are fish that climb walls

There are mammals that lay eggs, fly or live in water. There are birds that don't fly.

I don't even know all the species in the world or I could give a lot more examples. Not to mention the millions of species that are extinct. In fact, the majority of everything that has every lived is extinct.

I think birds and fish are the most obvious proof of evolution. Does this look like something that the omnipotent, loving creator of the universe actually designed, or does it look like something that adapted to survive in the disgusting cesspool that is the ocean?