Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why i believe in god. Specifically Christianity.

I wanted to see what the misc thinks of this. Misc means talk about anything after all.

First, Intelligent design theory

The bible says that gods existence can be seen in his creation. It’s called the intelligent design theory. It would have been better before evolution but I still prefer it today. If we evolved then come we don’t see animals clearly evolving into something else today? We don’t see monkeys in the process of becoming humans. We don’t see reptiles becoming birds (birds came from reptiles growing feathers and wings). Like we have reptiles and birds but how come nothing in between? I thought evolution was always on-going. Animals and humans seem purposefully designed there are no clear signs of evolution in the wild. One thing becoming another. Like a land animal whose legs are becoming fins etc.

Also, I find it hard to believe that the eye or ear or our organs could evolve? I mean we don’t have the time to evolve these things we need them working right away. Otherwise we wouldn’t be able to survive. We couldn’t breed, eat or survive the harsh wild.

Second, The bible

The bible is 66 books written by 40 authors over 1500 years across 3 continents. So it’s not like a few idiots got together and made it up to trick others.

Third, bible prophecy

The bible has lots of prophecies that have been fulfilled suggesting an omnipotent god. On youtube look up ‘5 prophecies that prove the bible’ to get the gist of it. Also look up Isaiah 52-53 it describes Jesus well and was written 700 years before his birth. Google bible prophecies and there is much more to it than that.

Fourth, gods popularity

If Christianity was the right religion it would be the biggest...and it is. Second biggest is Islam and they worship the same god. Throw Jews on top and ‘almighty god’ makes up 63% of religion. Hindu is the only religion of substantial size but god is 4 times bigger and all over the world where as Hindu is just in India. Also Buddhist is big but has no explanation as to why we are here. It’s just a way of life. Jesus said that anyone after him who preaches anything beside the gospel is a deceiver. So I reject Islam plus it’s to violent. Christianity replaces the Jews so Christianity it is.

Fifth, People who have nearly died and seen the afterlife

The internet and youtube have many stories of people who nearly died and saw heaven/hell or saw Jesus/God the father. Sometimes there not even dying just having a visit. They describe similar stuff. Also there was a guy on youtube who asked god to show himself 8 hours a day, for thirty days and god revealed himself to him in a few ways. I can’t find the video but the guy seemed believable. It says in the bible ‘search for me with all your heart and you will find me’. Also this video is interesting and seems believable by his emotions. It’s on youtube ‘MY INCREDIBLE SUPERNATURAL EXPERIENCE OF BEING IN THE MIND OF CHRIST LITERALLY! (AWESOME HOPE).

So there you go. What do you think?

wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wodrock is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Showerbuddy View Post
    I wanted to see what the misc thinks of this. Misc means talk about anything after all.

The bible says that gods existence can be seen in his creation. It’s called the intelligent design theory. It would have been better before evolution but I still prefer it today. If we evolved then come we don’t see animals clearly evolving into something else today? We don’t see monkeys in the process of becoming humans. We don’t see reptiles becoming birds (birds came from reptiles growing feathers and wings). Like we have reptiles and birds but how come nothing in between? I thought evolution was always on-going. Animals and humans seem purposefully designed there are no clear signs of evolution in the wild. One thing becoming another. Like a land animal whose legs are becoming fins etc.

Also, I find it hard to believe that the eye or ear or our organs could evolve? I mean we don’t have the time to evolve these things we need them working right away. Otherwise we wouldn’t be able to survive. We couldn’t breed, eat or survive the harsh wild.
    People like you are the reason religion has a bad reputation. It's clear that you don't understand the evolution theory at all. Explaining this would take way too much effort for me to be worth it right now, but just fuking read a few books or listen to lectures and debates regarding to the topic. After you've spent a substantial amount time trying to understand it and still find yourself confused, then come back and if you actually have better arguments, I'm sure people would love to chime in.

Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Showerbuddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wodrock View Post
    People like you are the reason religion has a bad reputation. It's clear that you don't understand the evolution theory at all. Explaining this would take way too much effort for me to be worth it right now, but just fuking read a few books or listen to lectures and debates regarding to the topic. After you've spent a substantial amount time trying to understand it and still find yourself confused, then come back and if you actually have better arguments, I'm sure people would love to chime in.
    You know calling people names at the drop of a hat doesn't actually make you superior you do know that right? Am i supposed to know everything? I'm just putting my opinion out there. Besides i looked at summaries of evolution and that's my viewpoint.

Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You know calling people names at the drop of a hat doesn't actually make you superior you do know that right? Am i supposed to know everything? I'm just putting my opinion out there. Besides i looked at summaries of evolution and that's my viewpoint.
    What name did he call you?

Nothing you wrote is at all objective, it basically boils down to your feelings. Is that how things work? Am I a billionaire because I feel like I am?
    "So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. . . . Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place." -Tecumseh

Originally Posted by Godfrd824 View Post
    What name did he call you?

Nothing you wrote is at all objective, it basically boils down to your feelings. Is that how things work? Am I a billionaire because I feel like I am?
    He said i give religion a bad name. It's just a discussion so what if i don't know everything. Besides i looked at evolution a fair bit. I would say that intelligent design and bible prophecy are logical enough.

Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The Bible is 66 books, no it's 73 according to Catholics.....ok, according to which sect of Christianity? The Coptics? The Georgian Orthodox? Protestant? Greek Orthodox? Catholics? The OT is very different depending on which version you subscribe to. Read up on the history of the Bible and how it was put together.
    Virtue is its own reward.
    6' 1" and tons of fun
    Age is in dog years

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Intelligent Design theory is weak compared to evolution theory. You don't see animals going through transition because evolution takes place over long periods of time and the minute changes are difficult to observe.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5pcuKcGZ8ns/maxresdefault.jpg

Common ancestry is proven. That means all living animals on Earth have evolved from one common ancestor that started on Earth and branched out from that. Humans didn't evolve from monkey or chimps, all different primates are branches of a common ancestor further back in the lineage.

The Bible is a pointless book written decades after the death of Jesus. It brings nothing of substance other than 'be nice to your neighbor', something millions of people do without christianity.

God's popularity is stupid. Benny Hinn looks popular too in those filled up megachurches.

Buddhism is actually the one true religion, it's why it teaches about things you can see for yourself with practice that other religions don't even know about it. That's one tell-tale sign. And Buddhism does explain why we are here. It just leads to progress along the path, where as these theories do nothing for your understanding.

An Afterlife, spirits, ghosts, etc. don't indicate an omnipotent god. People also have mental illnesses. Several god-fearing people claim god talks to them.

In short, your faith brings you no advantage in life that you couldn't get otherwise from not following that faith. It's pointless, but hey it probably makes you feel comfortable so there's that.

I am interested in the truth, I don't give two ****s about comfort and that's why I am not still a cuck for Christianity. You kind of remind me of a Jehovah Witness who comes to my door and expects me to throw down my things and submit to the lord because they point out a few 'predictions' in the Bible.

isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2/10 bait

Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Johnez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tamorlane View Post

God's popularity is stupid.

Buddhism is actually the one true religion
    Lol ok.

Agreed on Benny Hinn. I actually went to one of his "shows" as a part of a Bible study group I was in. Fukkin over the top. I googled the guy when the groups leader told us about the event, beginning of my faith being shook right there, found a site dedicated to this guy's scam. Him and another guy named Peter Popoff were the biggest targets on the site. TD Jake's, Crespo Dollar, too many to name.... I wish I had the balls to come out and say it right then, but glad I had enough to leave soon after opening my eyes a bit.
    6' 1" and tons of fun
    Age is in dog years

yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yeshli2nuts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The evolution of sensing organs is simple and just like the evolution of anything else that helps an organism survive. With every generation the organ gets a tiny bit better, helping that organism live long enough to produce offspring.

Second, The bible

The bible is 66 books written by 40 authors over 1500 years across 3 continents. So it’s not like a few idiots got together and made it up to trick others.

Third, bible prophecy

The bible has lots of prophecies that have been fulfilled suggesting an omnipotent god. On youtube look up ‘5 prophecies that prove the bible’ to get the gist of it. Also look up Isaiah 52-53 it describes Jesus well and was written 700 years before his birth. Google bible prophecies and there is much more to it than that.
    Not sure how numerous books with numerous authors makes it any more real than a few idiots getting together to make it up. Can you expand on that?

If an enormous book contains enough tries at prophecies, you're going to get some that fit the narrative you're trying to push. You can do the same with Lord of the Rings.

Fourth, gods popularity

If Christianity was the right religion it would be the biggest...and it is. Second biggest is Islam and they worship the same god. Throw Jews on top and ‘almighty god’ makes up 63% of religion. Hindu is the only religion of substantial size but god is 4 times bigger and all over the world where as Hindu is just in India. Also Buddhist is big but has no explanation as to why we are here. It’s just a way of life. Jesus said that anyone after him who preaches anything beside the gospel is a deceiver. So I reject Islam plus it’s to violent. Christianity replaces the Jews so Christianity it is.
    Popularity doesn't make something true. Christianity and Islam spread because of violence, that's just simple history. Judaism never had violent crusaders which is why it is such a small religion. Did you know why Christmas is on December 25? Before Christianity, Paganism was the popular religion. Pagans worshiped the sun for obvious reasons (it brings light, warmth, plants, etc.). After the summer solstice, every day gets shorter and shorter. This is troubling to sun worshipers, again for obvious reasons. The day is the shortest on the winter solstice, or December 21/22. This is the most troubling day for Pagans. The day remains approximately the same length for a couple days, and then begins to get longer, which happens around December 25. Thus, December 25 was the most celebrating day of the year for Pagans/sun worshipers. As Christianity started spreading, they needed an easy way to attract the Pagans, so they made their most celebrated holiday on that same day. Can you show me the verse in the bible that says Jesus was born on December 25 or even around the winter solstice?

Fifth, People who have nearly died and seen the afterlife

The internet and youtube have many stories of people who nearly died and saw heaven/hell or saw Jesus/God the father. Sometimes there not even dying just having a visit. They describe similar stuff. Also there was a guy on youtube who asked god to show himself 8 hours a day, for thirty days and god revealed himself to him in a few ways. I can’t find the video but the guy seemed believable. It says in the bible ‘search for me with all your heart and you will find me’. Also this video is interesting and seems believable by his emotions. It’s on youtube ‘MY INCREDIBLE SUPERNATURAL EXPERIENCE OF BEING IN THE MIND OF CHRIST LITERALLY! (AWESOME HOPE).

So there you go. What do you think?
    This has been proven that people "see" what they believe in or what they think will happen.
    see-long-story-in-post-immediately-read-last-line-first-to-see-if-Fresh-Prince-joke-crew

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Johnez View Post
    Lol ok.

Agreed on Benny Hinn. I actually went to one of his "shows" as a part of a Bible study group I was in. Fukkin over the top. I googled the guy when the groups leader told us about the event, beginning of my faith being shook right there, found a site dedicated to this guy's scam. Him and another guy named Peter Popoff were the biggest targets on the site. TD Jake's, Crespo Dollar, too many to name.... I wish I had the balls to come out and say it right then, but glad I had enough to leave soon after opening my eyes a bit.
    which state do you live in?

California
    6' 1" and tons of fun
    Age is in dog years

numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sigh.

It's like you decided to not research evolution whatsoever, and just decided to use creationist talking points as your "reasons" to not believe in evolution. It's not worth responding to this; every nonpoint you raised is easily explained, and further, we have ridiculous amounts of evidence of evolution from a common ancestor from microbiology and paleontology. Google is your friend (textbook and academic journals are ideal, but this will probably require too much effort- easier to just use talking points and YouTube videos, eh?).

On the Bible composition thing (Wow, we know exactly how many authors- 40, and over exactly how much time the Bible was written- 1500 years, now. Wow!). This has no relation to whether it's true/not true. In fact we see countless inconsistencies between the books, and inconsistencies with basic science (e.g. in Genesis), that we see its not "true".

In terms of the popularity, flat earth and geocentricism were once popular too. Popular consensus =/= truth

In terms of the prophecies, has it ever occurred to you that lots of these prophecies, especially involving the messiah, came out to be true because the writers of the NT, who had the OT texts, were trying to "make" them true? As for other kinds of prophecies, people make the Bible say essentially whatever they want with Bible code nonsense. You can make the Bible predict the JFK assassination or anything else given enough arbitrary parameters. Notice whenever it's not about something in the past, but attempts to be predictive, it's basically always wrong (all those doomsday prophecies- earth will end in 2016 or whatever.....nope). This tells you more than enough.

Etc. not worth responding to all of it
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫

semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Existence of God is logically unavoidable. Such a being is a brute fact of a logical reality.

why is it always this accusation? "You don't understand it at all". Suppose people who don't believe it simply understand it better than you do? I spent a crap ton of time and the only thing that confused me was how people could accept it wholesale. Its a theory for fools and laymen. Not saying its ALL wrong, but a lot of the claims are inconsistent with the reality we live in. Those claims are fairy-tale BS. I had argued with people on here about this a lot and all I left with was a deep disappointment in humans.

The Bible is 66 books, no it's 73 according to Catholics.....ok, according to which sect of Christianity? The Coptics? The Georgian Orthodox? Protestant? Greek Orthodox? Catholics? The OT is very different depending on which version you subscribe to. Read up on the history of the Bible and how it was put together.
    Doesn't really matter. Its a collection. Maybe some relevant things are left out of some versions of the collection.
    Last edited by semitope; 09-14-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Is there no limit to what people will believe if it is prefaced by the phrase,
    "Scientists say" ?

I rep back +0

Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul Kreul is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tamorlane View Post
    Intelligent Design theory is weak compared to evolution theory. You don't see animals going through transition because evolution takes place over long periods of time and the minute changes are difficult to observe.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5pcuKcGZ8ns/maxresdefault.jpg

Common ancestry is proven. That means all living animals on Earth have evolved from one common ancestor that started on Earth and branched out from that. Humans didn't evolve from monkey or chimps, all different primates are branches of a common ancestor further back in the lineage.

The Bible is a pointless book written decades after the death of Jesus. It brings nothing of substance other than 'be nice to your neighbor', something millions of people do without christianity.

God's popularity is stupid. Benny Hinn looks popular too in those filled up megachurches.

Buddhism is actually the one true religion, it's why it teaches about things you can see for yourself with practice that other religions don't even know about it. That's one tell-tale sign. And Buddhism does explain why we are here. It just leads to progress along the path, where as these theories do nothing for your understanding.

An Afterlife, spirits, ghosts, etc. don't indicate an omnipotent god. People also have mental illnesses. Several god-fearing people claim god talks to them.

In short, your faith brings you no advantage in life that you couldn't get otherwise from not following that faith. It's pointless, but hey it probably makes you feel comfortable so there's that.

I am interested in the truth, I don't give two ****s about comfort and that's why I am not still a cuck for Christianity. You kind of remind me of a Jehovah Witness who comes to my door and expects me to throw down my things and submit to the lord because they point out a few 'predictions' in the Bible.
    Nope. Lettuce take a look at the series of discontinuities in the fossil record as there is greater & greater complexity over time. One of the big ones was one that bothered Darwin himself, as you well know.. The Cambrian Explosion- the origin of the first major group of animals in the fossil record. There are tested in the Middle Cambrian in particular & many groups of animals exemplifying completely new body plans that arise in a very rear window of geological time, very abruptly without discernible connection to ancestral precursors in the lower pre Cambrian strata. That is a huge discontinuity in the history of life.

There are many other discontinuities, the mammalian radiation, the origin of flowering plants, the first winged insect, the first dinosaurs, in fact most of the first groups of living forms on earth arise discontinuously.. kind of a big deal. Especially knowing that you need information to build those complex forms of life.

Buddhism is a joke, the guy left his wife & child to starve to death while telling his enlightened ones that the world was on the back of tortoise. That's one damn big turtle. Meanwhile, the Bible always claimed it was a sphere that hung on nothing.

numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    Existence of God is logically unavoidable. Such a being is a brute fact of a logical reality.
    I mean simply saying things doesn't make them true. People can literally say anything, lol. "the earth is larger than the sun". "I just saw a T-Rex in my backyard yesterday".

why is it always this accusation? "You don't understand it at all". Suppose people who don't believe it simply understand it better than you do? I spent a crap ton of time and the only thing that confused me was how people could accept it wholesale. Its a theory for fools and laymen. Not saying its ALL wrong, but a lot of the claims are inconsistent with the reality we live in. Those claims are fairy-tale BS. I had argued with people on here about this a lot and all I left with was a deep disappointment in humans.
    I always wondered how it would be feel to be on the losing side of this issue. I imagine it must get frustrating to see Intelligent Design weeded out from the science classroom for the pseudoscience it is, to see evolution (rightfully) taught in any kind of biology class from high school to university. I imagine the multitudes of evidence for evolution and clear scientific consensus (i.e. people who know a helluva lot more about the subject than you) must get frustrating.

Lol at trying to make something that's not even controversial in biology "controversial" just because of 1)religious reasons, 2)don't know much about it, or whatever other reason. Just lol.
    Last edited by numberguy12; 09-14-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    Nope. Lettuce take a look at the series of discontinuities in the fossil record as there is greater & greater complexity over time. One of the big ones was one that bothered Darwin himself, as you well know.. The Cambrian Explosion- the origin of the first major group of animals in the fossil record. There are tested in the Middle Cambrian in particular & many groups of animals exemplifying completely new body plans that arise in a very rear window of geological time, very abruptly without discernible connection to ancestral precursors in the lower pre Cambrian strata. That is a huge discontinuity in the history of life.

There are many other discontinuities, the mammalian radiation, the origin of flowering plants, the first winged insect, the first dinosaurs, in fact most of the first groups of living forms on earth arise discontinuously.. kind of a big deal. Especially knowing that you need information to build those complex forms of life.

Buddhism is a joke, the guy left his wife & child to starve to death while telling his enlightened ones that the world was on the back of tortoise. That's one damn big turtle. Meanwhile, the Bible always claimed it was a sphere that hung on nothing.
    Hopefully people interested in the subject of evolution will consult actual sources, and learn more about it......and not listen to the pseudoscientific rants of some random miscer (Paul Kreul no less, who seems to babble about some pseudoscientific point or other in almost every post, over a wide range of topics).

semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000) semitope is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by numberguy12 View Post
    I mean simply saying things doesn't make them true. People can literally say anything, lol. "the earth is larger than the sun". "I just saw a T-Rex in my backyard yesterday".
    I rather just say it. because I have yet to find an atheist who actually understands the logical arguments made for the existence of God. There is a certain level of cognitive dysfunction necessary to embrace atheism and less to claim there is no evidence for the existence of God. These debates aren't worth the effort and atheists love to simply claim they are right anyway, so why can't I?

I always wondered how it would be feel to be on the losing side of this issue. I imagine it must get frustrating to see Intelligent Design weeded out from the science classroom for the pseudoscience it is, to see evolution (rightfully) taught in any kind of biology class from high school to university. I imagine the multitudes of evidence for evolution and clear scientific consensus (i.e. people who know a helluva lot more about the subject than you) must get frustrating.

Lol at trying to make something that's not even controversial in biology "controversial" just because of 1)religious reasons, 2)don't know much about it, or whatever other reason. Just lol.
    Never cared that much about intelligent design. On evolution's own merits its a failure. That whatever other reason is a background in biology and lots of time spent researching. You think its not controversial because you are clueless. When people start associating purpose to elements of a theory to make sense of it, somethings wrong.

have you ever wondered about the resolution of natural selection?
    "Scientists say" ?

I rep back +0

Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wodrock:

The evolution theory is a joke, which is why, as you admitted above: "Explaining this would take way too much effort for me...." In case you haven't noticed, the OP posted a thread explaining why he/she believes in God, so clearly, the OP is not interested in your ramblings about evolution myth.

FYI: I started a thread entitled Darwin's Macroevolution Myth some time ago, and all I ever get from the skeptics who show up in the thread are the usual nonsensical arguments, while they conveniently evade the fact that there could be no "evolution" without the coming to life--by itself--of evolution's supposed common biological ancestor.

Of course it is quite obvious that you are not able to effectively rebut at least one of the OP's arguments for why he/she believes in God. That explains why your tone in responding to the OP is so demeaning.

Alter2Ego

"That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." ~ Psalms 83:18
    Last edited by Alter2Ego; 09-14-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    "That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18)

I rather just say it. because I have yet to find an atheist who actually understands the logical arguments made for the existence of God. There is a certain level of cognitive dysfunction necessary to embrace atheism and less to claim there is no evidence for the existence of God. These debates aren't worth the effort and atheists love to simply claim they are right anyway, so why can't I?
    Err.....great non-argument? Not sure what you want me to say lol. Simply saying something, thinking that makes it true, is meaningless to me.

Never cared that much about intelligent design. On evolution's own merits its a failure. That whatever other reason is a background in biology and lots of time spent researching. You think its not controversial because you are clueless. When people start associating purpose to elements of a theory to make sense of it, somethings wrong.

have you ever wondered about the resolution of natural selection?
    Never? Huh, the briefest google search it seems to turn up all kinds of the threads where you are going on about ID. Here is one from 2011 where you created a thread literally about an Intelligent Design podcast:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...53&pagenumber=

Whatever it is, ID or anti-evolution, this is the losing side lol: Evolution is taught from the high school level up to university, and rightfully. I always wondered how that must feel, as more and more people these days are exposed to the evidence, and realize evolution is not even a controversial subject within biology. Whatever your background in biology is [I'll go out on a limb and say it's not PhD training in strict evolutionary-related biology lol], apparently you haven't looked into the subject that much at all, from what I see in your postings [better called pseudoscientific rants] on evolution.

IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IawI is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    OP let me fix this thread for you.

Why I believe in Christianity - Because it's true.

You don't need to say more. These fedora wearing retard phaggots aren't worth your time. They're going to burn in hell.

Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Alter2Ego has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exactly, Showerbuddy:

But skeptics prefer to believe that our universe that is fine-tuned for life happened by itself. Well done on your observations regarding the lack of evidence for evolution myth. There are indeed no fossils showing transitions between different types of creatures. To the contrary, the fossils record is filled with nothing but gaps.

You do well to believe in the existence of the Divine Creator aka Jehovah God.

Alter2Ego

"That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." ~ Psalms 83:18
    "That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18)

Hmm Alter2Ego, Paul Kreul, semitope......this thread managed to attract the science denying crowd in droves! Just lol. All we need is Paddington now.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not a fan of the religion based on Judaism.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Hmm Alter2Ego, Paul Kreul, semitope......this thread managed to attract the scientific denying crowd in droves! Just lol.
    numberguy12:

As I recall, I had you back-pedaling in my thread in which I attacked macroevolution myth, as well as in my thread where I presented evidence for intelligent design. You showed up in both threads hurling schoolyard insults--when you weren't contradicting yourself.

The problem with all skeptics is that they rely on scientific theories despite the fact that the word "theory" simply refers to educated guesses and nothing much else.

Alter2Ego

Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    numberguy12:

As I recall, I had you back-pedaling in my thread in which I attacked macroevolution myth, as well as in my thread where I presented evidence for intelligent design. You showed up in both threads hurling schoolyard insults--when you weren't contradicting yourself.

The problem with all skeptics is that they rely on scientific theories despite the fact that the word "theory" simply refers to educated guesses and nothing much else.

Alter2Ego

This, sadly, is the outcome of brainwashing in action (probably as a member of the Jehovah's Witness cult). Please do research about Alter2Ego and all the various forums this person posts on, using the same troll, and utter nonsense. Not worth answering her points, because she has a kindergarten understanding of what science is, and repeatedly addressing her points has no effect- she will just continue to post her babble.

Err.....great non-argument? Not sure what you want me to say lol. Simply saying something, thinking that makes it true, is meaningless to me.
    ok. and i just told you i don't care what matters to you.

Never? Huh, the briefest google search it seems to turn up all kinds of the threads where you are going on about ID. Here is one from 2011 where you created a thread literally about an Intelligent Design podcast:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...53&pagenumber=

Whatever it is, ID or anti-evolution, this is the losing side lol: Evolution is taught from the high school level up to university, and rightfully. I always wondered how that must feel, as more and more people these days are exposed to the evidence, and realize evolution is not even a controversial subject within biology. Whatever your background in biology is [I'll go out on a limb and say it's not PhD training in strict evolutionary-related biology lol], apparently you haven't looked into the subject that much at all, from what I see in your postings [better called pseudoscientific rants] on evolution.
    hence my wording.

etc etc. I don't really care. This losing side business is another indication of your lack of sense. I don't argue with evolutionists anymore. Continue being an example of the some of the worst of human delusions.
    "Scientists say" ?

I rep back +0

Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    The evolutionary theory isn't perfect but it's by far the best explanation and theory we have.

His wife and child were royalty, hardly 'starving to death'. After he discovered the truth he returned and taught it to them. He didn't teach the world was on the back of a tortoise, but he did teach that the universes go through an endless series of expansions and contractions (ie. big bang, big crunch).

The Buddha taught that all conditioned phenomena are inconstant, which coincides with modern discoveries at the subatomic levels. The Buddha's teachings are the science of the mind and how it systematically creates stress and dis-ease upon itself. Humanity will get there at one point but as it is now, this science is still not well understood.

Niels Bohr, who developed the Bohr Model of the atom, said,

For a parallel to the lesson of atomic theory...[we must turn] to those kinds of epistemological problems with which already thinkers like the Buddha and Lao Tzu have been confronted, when trying to harmonize our position as spectators and actors in the great drama of existence.

Nobel Prize–winning philosopher Bertrand Russell described Buddhism as a speculative and scientific philosophy:

Buddhism is a combination of both speculative and scientific philosophy. It advocates the scientific method and pursues that to a finality that may be called Rationalistic. In it are to be found answers to such questions of interest as: 'What is mind and matter? Of them, which is of greater importance? Is the universe moving towards a goal? What is man's position? Is there living that is noble?' It takes up where science cannot lead because of the limitations of the latter's instruments. Its conquests are those of the mind.

The American physicist J. Robert Oppenheimer made an analogy to Buddhism when describing the Heisenberg uncertainty principle:

If we ask, for instance, whether the position of the electron remains the same, we must say 'no;' if we ask whether the electron's position changes with time, we must say 'no;' if we ask whether the electron is at rest, we must say 'no;' if we ask whether it is in motion, we must say 'no.' The Buddha has given such answers when interrogated as to the conditions of man's self after his death; but they are not familiar answers for the tradition of seventeenth and eighteenth-century science.

Nobel Prize–winning physicist Albert Einstein, who developed the general theory of relativity and the special theory of relativity, also known for his mass–energy equivalence, described Buddhism as containing a strong cosmic element:

...there is found a third level of religious experience, even if it is seldom found in a pure form. I will call it the cosmic religious sense. This is hard to make clear to those who do not experience it, since it does not involve an anthropomorphic idea of God; the individual feels the vanity of human desires and aims, and the nobility and marvelous order which are revealed in nature and in the world of thought. He feels the individual destiny as an imprisonment and seeks to experience the totality of existence as a unity full of significance. Indications of this cosmic religious sense can be found even on earlier levels of development—for example, in the Psalms of David and in the Prophets. The cosmic element is much stronger in Buddhism, as, in particular, Schopenhauer's magnificent essays have shown us. The religious geniuses of all times have been distinguished by this cosmic religious sense, which recognizes neither dogmas nor God made in man's image. Consequently there cannot be a church whose chief doctrines are based on the cosmic religious experience. It comes about, therefore, that we find precisely among the heretics of all ages men who were inspired by this highest religious experience; often they appeared to their contemporaries as atheists, but sometimes also as saints.

ok. and i just told you i don't care what matters to you.

hence my wording.

etc etc. I don't really care. This losing side business is another indication of your lack of sense. I don't argue with evolutionists anymore. Continue being an example of the some of the worst of human delusions.
    Hence your wording? Lol your words were literally "Never cared that much about Intelligent Design". And meanwhile a google search shows you making all kinds of pro-ID posts, even starting threads about it, like the ID podcast one above. Errr....ok? lol

I don't blame you for not wanting to argue with evolutionists anymore, it's a losing battle. You may as well be arguing that there is a general solution to the quintic with a mathematician, and see where it gets you. It would get tiring after awhile having to defend nonsense I imagine. The good thing is ID/anti-evolution is being weeded out from the science classroom, rightfully, and science ends up prevailing. More and more are exposed the evidence of evolution these days.

Johnez:

Only 66 books within the Judeo-Christian Bible are confirmed as inspired by Almighty God Jehovah. The additional seven books found in the Catholic Bible were not in the original Hebrew Scriptures (the Old Testatment). The Catholics insisted on keeping these additional books within their version of the Bible. This issue was debated throughout the Middle Ages, as confirmed by one source:

"... the Catholic Old Testament includes Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus (Sirach), Baruch (includes the Letters of Jeremiah), I and II Maccabees, and additions to Daniel and Esther.... The status of the books continued to be debated throughout the Middle Ages.

At the time of the Reformation, Protestants decided that, because the additional books weren't in the Hebrew Bible, they shouldn't be in the Christian Bible, either (though they were included in early editions of the King James Bible). Catholics, at the Council of Trent (1546), decided to keep the "deutero-canonical" books.
    https://www.christianitytoday.com/hi...different.html

Alter2Ego