bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Just a skinny kid trying to get big.

I've been going to the gym for about five months, but haven't gained much weight. so, this is a log that will track my progress as i get bigger. i started a strength training program today, and i have been trying to bulk up for about a month. I'm 6'3" 170lb and I'm 18. supplements I'm going to be using are con-cret, C4 pre workout, optimum pro complex gainer, opti-men multivitamins, and optimum fish oil.

here's the workout i did today:

Front squats 3x5 135lb
    military dumbbell press 3x5 40lb
    dead lifts 1x5 185lb
    dips 2x20
    tricep pushdown 3x8 85lb

(i know, I'm pretty weak right now.) when i do dead lifts i really feel it in my lower back. I'm not sure if my form is wrong, or if thats how its supposed to feel.

tomorrow's workout

squat 3x5
    bench press 3x5
    chin ups 20
    rows 3x5
    curls 3x8

i just alternate those two workouts, and i will be trying to add as much weight as i can each week while still keeping good form.

i took some pictures today so i could do a before and after, but i can't figure out how to upload them haha

any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

samwalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ever thought about a workout split? might help a lot...

bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmikekc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by samwalk View Post
    ever thought about a workout split? might help a lot...
    whats that?

Okay so today I went to the gym and did my workout and this is how it went

Stretch in sauna for about 10 minutes

Bench press warm up 2x8 115lb
    Bench press 3x5 125lb
    Squat warm up 2x8 135lb
    Squat 3x5 185lb
    20 chin ups
    Cable rows warm up 2x8 105lb
    Cable rows 3x5 120lb
    Barbell curls warm up 2x10 45lb
    Barbell curls 3x8 55lb
    (On each exercise I went really slow on the way down, and exploded up.)

Stretch

Feeling good after my workout.

jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    in on dis log for progress. I'm pretty weak as well haha. That's a lot of supplements you're taking as a beginner. Why take all that stuff and spend so much money? I honestly think you could get by with the postworkout shake and maybe the multivitamin. That's it. I just get a post-workout myself and try to get most of my vitamins from foods I eat (vegetables fruits, that kinda health ish) but that's mainly cuz im a poor college student haha. I can't afford all them supplements. Seeing movies is expensive these days haha

Also, a split is where you "split" up your routine and work different body parts on different days. For example,
    Day 1: Chest/Tri's
    Day2: Back/Bi's
    Day3: Rest
    D4: Legs
    D5: Rest

you know, somethin like that. If I'm not mistaken, one day you did front squats and the very next day you did back squats which isn't good for you at all. You gotta lay off those parts at least 3 or so days after you work them out
    Also, that workout you did today is sooooooooooooooo unbelievably much more than you need to be doing. (EDIT: just re-read the post. not nearly as much as I thought it was haha. but still working same body parts 2 days in a row=extremely huge no no) especially if you just started working out 5 months ago.
    Look into beginner programs. I've seen Babylover's Starting Strength recommended quite a bit around the forums.
    But like I said earlier, subbed for da progress
    Last edited by jspeed12; 11-15-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Originally Posted by jspeed12 View Post
    in on dis log for progress. I'm pretty weak as well haha. That's a lot of supplements you're taking as a beginner. Why take all that stuff and spend so much money? I honestly think you could get by with the postworkout shake and maybe the multivitamin. That's it. I just get a post-workout myself and try to get most of my vitamins from foods I eat (vegetables fruits, that kinda health ish) but that's mainly cuz im a poor college student haha. I can't afford all them supplements. Seeing movies is expensive these days haha

Also, a split is where you "split" up your routine and work different body parts on different days. For example,
    Day 1: Chest/Tri's
    Day2: Back/Bi's
    Day3: Rest
    D4: Legs
    D5: Rest

you know, somethin like that. If I'm not mistaken, one day you did front squats and the very next day you did back squats which isn't good for you at all. You gotta lay off those parts at least 3 or so days after you work them out
    Also, that workout you did today is sooooooooooooooo unbelievably much more than you need to be doing. especially if you just started working out 5 months ago.
    Look into beginner programs. I've seen Babylover's Starting Strength recommended quite a bit around the forums.
    But like I said earlier, subbed for da progress
    This is babylover's, I just added 2 warm up sets today because I was feeling good haha. And about the supplements, I've bought them over time so it wasn't as expensive. I'm taking the mass gainer because I'm pretty skinny and I have a hard time getting all my calories in. Everything else like the pre workout and creatine are just to help me get more reps and get me going. I was doing the short cut to size workout that I found on bodybuilding.com, but everyone was saying I needed a full body workout and I needed to get stronger so I switched over to babtlovers and added a few warm up sets. Thanks for the sub! Like I said before, I appreciate any advice!

jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jspeed12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bigmikekc View Post
    This is babylover's, I just added 2 warm up sets today because I was feeling good haha. And about the supplements, I've bought them over time so it wasn't as expensive. I'm taking the mass gainer because I'm pretty skinny and I have a hard time getting all my calories in. Everything else like the pre workout and creatine are just to help me get more reps and get me going. I was doing the short cut to size workout that I found on bodybuilding.com, but everyone was saying I needed a full body workout and I needed to get stronger so I switched over to babtlovers and added a few warm up sets. Thanks for the sub! Like I said before, I appreciate any advice!
    my apologies then sir. tried to sound like I knew something but now I look like a dumbass haha. carry on then. just know that I'm lurking....(nostalker/nohomo)

geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In. If you haven't been gaining weight try upping your calories by ~500 a day. Make sure you're eating enough bro.

Originally Posted by jspeed12 View Post
    my apologies then sir. tried to sound like I knew something but now I look like a dumbass haha. carry on then. just know that I'm lurking....(nostalker/nohomo)
    Haha you're good dude, once I get on my computer I'll check out your log. I can't open the link on my phone

Originally Posted by geanes View Post
    In. If you haven't been gaining weight try upping your calories by ~500 a day. Make sure you're eating enough bro.
    Yeah today was the first time I tried the mass gainer. I just got it last night. Its about 750 calories so that should help me out quite a bit.

Yesterday was a rest day, and today I don't have time to make it to the gym. I'm going tomorrow though. I took some pictures that I will post when I get to my computer, probably later on tonight or tomorrow. Also I've gained 2lbs! Now 172lbs

finally got to my computer to upload these pictures. these were taken right before my first SS workout. completely relaxed in all pictures, no flexing.
    Attached Images

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Good day to bulk up haha

Not really liking the SS program so I'm doing something else. I'm starting short cut to size tomorrow, I've done this program in the past and really liked it. Also, can someone give me a idea at my bf % right now from the pictures above?

geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not the best at estimating bf, but id say about 14%. And remember, it doesn't matter what program you're on as much as you think, as long as you're hitting all your body parts, the real key is staying consistent with your training and diet and not routine hopping too much.

FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you don't feel like your workout is getting you the results you should be getting, don't be afraid to change it.

I started on a full body workout 3 times a week, that did nothing for me.
    I went on a 5 day split, that worked pretty good for me.
    Then I went on a 3 day split but did it twice a week (so the gym for 6 days a week) and that's when I started getting great results.

Different workouts work for different people.
    Also if you're not gaining much weight, you really need to eat more.

I was more skinny than you when I first started a bit over 2 years ago.

up to about 173lbs. i went to golds gym today with one of my friends. got a good run in since i haven't ran in about 3 months... I'm really thinking about going to a 5x5 until i get stronger. my bench max right now is only at 135 1x5, squats are 190 3x5, i can barbell row 135 5 reps but when i go heavy (for me) my form lacks, so i row about 110 3x5. really wanting to get my numbers up so I'm going to look into different strength programs since i didn't really like babylovers too much. I'm also going to be updating this after every workout from now on giving a summery of the workout i did.
    Opti-Men
    ON fish Oil
    Optimum Pro Complex Gainer
    AllMax Creatine
    MuscleTech 100% whey

think I'm going with this 5x5
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148036063

looks pretty solid, what do you guys think?
    Opti-Men
    ON fish Oil
    AllMax Creatine
    MuscleTech 100% whey

Today's workout:

Squat 5x5 165lbs
    Bench press 5x5 115lbs
    Barbell rows 5x5 95lbs
    Barbell shrugs 5x5115lbs
    Skull crushers 3x8 40lbs
    Chin ups 3x6
    Weighted hypextensions 2x10 25lbs
    Ab work 3x20

I really need to get stronger... hahaha
    Opti-Men
    ON fish Oil
    AllMax Creatine
    MuscleTech 100% whey

Been feeling sick the last couple of days. Its been hard to put anything down. I've already lost a couple pounds

Anyways, I still went to the gym and got my workout in

Squat 5x5 170lbs
    Deadlifts 1x5 195lbs
    Standing press 5x5 65lbs
    Barbell row 5x5 100lbs
    Close grip bench press 3x8 95lbs
    Barbell curls 3x8 55lbs
    Abs

Didn't feel very good throughout the whole workout, and I've only ate half a sandwich today.
    Opti-Men
    ON fish Oil
    AllMax Creatine
    MuscleTech 100% whey

forgot to update this a few days ago.

i went light on squats to get my form right and go all the way down.

squats 5x5 145lbs
    bench press 5x5 125lbs
    barbell rows 5x5 105lbs
    shrugs 3x8 45 plates
    skull crushers 3x8 50lbs
    incline curls 3x8 20lbs
    hyperextensions 2x10 25 plate
    abs
    Opti-Men
    ON fish Oil
    AllMax Creatine
    MuscleTech 100% whey

squats 5x5 170lbs ATG
    deadlift 1x5 135lbs (hurt my back, really bad form)
    standing press 5x5 70lbs
    barbell row 5x5 110lbs
    close grip bench press 3x8 105lbs
    curls 3x8
    abs
    Opti-Men
    ON fish Oil
    AllMax Creatine
    MuscleTech 100% whey

jadonc3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jadonc3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Two day program

Originally Posted by bigmikekc View Post
    I've been going to the gym for about five months, but haven't gained much weight. so, this is a log that will track my progress as i get bigger. i started a strength training program today, and i have been trying to bulk up for about a month. I'm 6'3" 170lb and I'm 18. supplements I'm going to be using are con-cret, C4 pre workout, optimum pro complex gainer, opti-men multivitamins, and optimum fish oil.

here's the workout i did today:

Front squats 3x5 135lb
    military dumbbell press 3x5 40lb
    dead lifts 1x5 185lb
    dips 2x20
    tricep pushdown 3x8 85lb

(i know, I'm pretty weak right now.) when i do dead lifts i really feel it in my lower back. I'm not sure if my form is wrong, or if thats how its supposed to feel.

tomorrow's workout

squat 3x5
    bench press 3x5
    chin ups 20
    rows 3x5
    curls 3x8

i just alternate those two workouts, and i will be trying to add as much weight as i can each week while still keeping good form.

i took some pictures today so i could do a before and after, but i can't figure out how to upload them haha

any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
    Hey man, I don't know if you've tried this but it seems to have been working for me.

I usually do 3 workouts on chest, 3 workouts on triceps, and 3 workouts on shoulders for one day. The next day I'll do back, biceps, and legs. I've done a lot of different programs but the way my schedule works I seem to keep coming back to this. I probably have some sort of workout list with the exercises I do for each category. But yeah check it Out! Hope this helps a bit. If you got any more questions you can just message me or something

Dislocated a rib pretty bad at the gym last night. Went to the doctor today to get some x-rays. I have to go to a chiropractor so they can pop it into place. So I'll probably take a week off from the gym. Feelsbadman
    Opti-Men
    ON fish Oil
    AllMax Creatine
    MuscleTech 100% whey

went to the doctor to get my rib popped back and it turns out i have a curved spine. so now i have to go to the chiropractor for the next few months to get it fixed. im not sure how long this is going to keep me out of the gym. ill find out tomorrow when i go back.
    Opti-Men
    ON fish Oil
    AllMax Creatine
    MuscleTech 100% whey

wth how did that happen? Sucks bro, hope all goes well with your recovery.

losing size and weight since i cant workout right now. should be back in the gym starting in February. starting a new routine and diet to put on size as fast as possible.

Diet macros: 3700 calories, 250g protein, 500g carbs, atleast 80g fat.

Workout routine: Monday, Wednesday, Friday with progressvise overload

Squats 3x6-8
    Bench press 3x6-8
    Incline bench 3x6-8
    Lat pulldowns 3x6-8
    Barbell rows 3x6-8
    Skull crushers supersetted with standing barbell curls 3x6-8
    Tricep pushdown supersetted with seated dumbbell curls 3x6-8
    Lateral raises 3x10-12
    Calve raises 3x25
    Deadlift 5x5 ramping up to one working set
    Opti-Men