deterdangler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What exercises i should avoid?

Hi All,

I am 25 years old Male, 5' 11" tall weighing 61 kgs..

I have been experiencing lower back pain from last 4 months and doctor found out that i have mild scoliosis(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoliosis). And doctor said that no surgery is required as it is very mild..

Doctor advised me to do some physical exercises daily to keep body active..so i am planning to join a gym..

Please advise me what are the DO's and DONT's for me in the gym based on my medical history.

Thanks
    Deter

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    With mild Scoliosis, there are no don'ts.

Do, work your lower back, do squat low, do lift heavy things off the floor, do be willing to eat enough to stop looking like a stick.

The lower back pain likely has nothing to do with the scoliosis which is a ocngenital birth defect. It probably does have a lot to do with bad posture and inactivity.

Here is a good starting point:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have lower back pains, yet I can still do deep squats and heavy deadlifts. I deadlift with a belt, though.
    "Complexity for complexity's sake is dumb. Slow progress when fast is available is very poor decision making. Training indirectly with elaborate assistance exercises to raise your back squat is foolish if you can walk in the gym and add weight to your back squat."
    -Madcow

BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by deterdangler View Post
    Hi All,

I have been experiencing lower back pain from last 4 months and doctor found out that i have mild scoliosis(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoliosis). And doctor said that no surgery is required as it is very mild..

Doctor advised me to do some physical exercises daily to keep body active..so i am planning to join a gym..

Please advise me what are the DO's and DONT's for me in the gym based on my medical history.

Thanks
    Deter
    Find a good Sports Medicine doctor and ask him or her.

There aren't many physicians here. And for those that are here, I would be worried if they would give out medical advice after a three sentence summary of your medical condition.

Even if someone had the same symptoms as you, each person's medical situation is different, and should be treated that way.
    --There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

--Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81

--The proper plural form of the Latin adjective biceps is bicipites, a form not in general English use. Instead, biceps is used in both singular and plural (i.e., when referring to both arms). The form bicep [sic], although common even in professional contexts, is considered incorrect. (from Wikipedia)

Thanks guys for your replies...

I am going to join gym from today...

braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I also have scoliosis. Use to give me some really bad pain.

If the curve isnt bad enough for bracing or surgery then u will be fine to lift. Any doctor will encourage it.

In the last 6 months my posture has improved and am almost pain free. regular chiropractor visits and STRETCHING will work wonders.

Dont avoid the back lifts, they will really help to strengthen the msucle around the spine (it is the muscles that causes the pain, not the spine). And be sure to incorporate rows, they are great for posture.

Thanks braden101 for your reply..you boosted my confidence..

I think after visiting this forum and seeing the replies..i should say that my confidence levels have increased...

Thanks Bodybuilding forum..

johny84 is not very well liked. (-100) johny84 is not very well liked. (-100) johny84 is not very well liked. (-100) johny84 is not very well liked. (-100) johny84 is not very well liked. (-100) johny84 is not very well liked. (-100) johny84 is not very well liked. (-100) johny84 is not very well liked. (-100) johny84 is not very well liked. (-100) johny84 is not very well liked. (-100) johny84 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by deterdangler View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks
    Deter
    run and lift hard